Can I use the value of a field as predeterminate value of another.

I am making a table to know who is working in each surgery in a heath center.
For each day, I have a field "owner" (of the surgery) and another "working"
(the one that really works that day there). But the majority of the days, the
"owner" is who works in his surgery, so I want to establish the value of
"owner" as predeterminate value of "working" . Is it possible?
Thank you
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Not directly in the tables.  You could do this in a form by making the value
of one text box the default value of another text box.

--
--Roger Carlson
  MS Access MVP

"elyonja" <elyonja@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am making a table to know who is working in each surgery in a heath
>center.
> For each day, I have a field "owner" (of the surgery) and another
> "working"
> (the one that really works that day there). But the majority of the days,
> the
> "owner" is who works in his surgery, so I want to establish the value of
> "owner" as predeterminate value of "working" . Is it possible?
> Thank you

0
Roger

Copy data from one outlook to another
I have just set up a new system with outlook 2003. Is there an easy way to copy the information from my outlook 2000 on my laptop to the outlook on my desktop? Look at the following two articles for help with this -- one is a primer on Outlook files, and the other gives instructions for moving to a new Outlook 2002 machine (the process for Outlook 2003 should be very similar, if not identical). http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2002/up020605.htm#movetonew2002 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answe...

How can I remove service from Outlook via command line?
Is there any way to remove the Internet Mail service from Outlook via a command line? I want to remove the Internet Mail service from all Outlook clients in the corporation using a logon script or SMS package. Thanks. Greg ...

Can't stop Send/Receive when offline
How do I stop Send/Receive when offline? The settings are correct in that Outlook should only be doing this when online! Thanks. Paul Horder ...

Custom Product fields
Has anyone tried to add a custom field to Products and then have it copied to a field in the Quote Product area (i.e. viewable from the product form for each product in a quote)? I'd like to do this to happen when I add products to a quote. On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 23:15:01 -0400, "Brian" <bdemoe@atriosystems.com> wrote: >Has anyone tried to add a custom field to Products and then have it copied >to a field in the Quote Product area (i.e. viewable from the product form >for each product in a quote)? I'd like to do this to happen when I add >products to a quo...

Emailing field content
Hi, I have a form set so that when it is updated, an email is sent, using a table with field cotaining email addresses, to the system admininstraitor. What I need to do is now include the title and the comment fields as part of the main body. The Title field is text and the comment field is memo. Can anyone help please? Murdoc. -- Murdoc Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com "MurdocUK via AccessMonster.com" <u19068@uwe> wrote in message news:7fe0fdfcc2f12@uwe... > Hi, > > I have a form set so that when it is updated, an email is sent, using a >...

Copying from another worksheet
Hi! I would really apreciate some help... I have a worksheet with some data. I have another worksheet where I make a connection to the 1st worksheet the following way... Field A1=Sheet1!A1 Field A2=Sheet1!A6 Field A3=Sheet1!A10 ... Now when I simply try to copy those formulas (expecting the references to the other worksheet to increase by 5) i get nothing, that is, I get an increment of 1 for the rest of the fields... How do I force excel to increment by 5 when copying cells? Thanks!!!! -- Volume ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Volume's Pr...

In Pub 2003, how can I set Page x of y in the footer?
I need to have Page x of y in the footer of documents that I am working on. Anyone have a solution? When you number the pages, add manually the word page and the y amount. It would look similar to this: Page # of 20 pages This function in on the Master Page. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Gem" <Gem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D0A72464-7B44-485B-ACB3-300FF6EB4F63@microsoft.com... >I need to have Page x of y in the footer of documents that I am working on. > > Anyone have...

Change schema field label.
How update the field'd labels? I changed on Manager Deployment Tool (chang->publish->reset IIS) the Schema Name but this change don't reflect on CRM. Thank you for pay attention. []'s Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo I want to change the label of view. []'s Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> escreveu na mensagem news:FE1FEB6E-49D9-4BCB-B586-2B93CC1C3BA9@microsoft.com... > My last message is 2 ambuj (Disable certain fields.... ). > Vini verify over ur form in presentation (Name & Name 2 show) this are > ma...

Kit Item as a component of another Kit Item
Would like the ability to have a Kit Item be a component of another Kit Item. ...

Cell Reference to another excel document
Hi there, I'm trying to create a cell reference to another cell in another excel sheet, however the other excel sheet i am looking to update from is determined by a value in the current sheet. E.g. A B 1 20.04.04 27.04.04 2 ? ? I am looking to update the cells in Row 2 on my main sheet (above). The values i am looking to bring in can be found in Row 50 on the excel document named after the values in Row 1 e.g (the value for cell A2 can be found in row 50 of the Excel document named "20.04.04"). Is there any way to have on...

how do I sycronize my pocket pc with another mail server, like ho.
I am using Windows XP with outlook 2003 I coud not get ActiveSync to sycrhronize y hotmail account with my pocket pc, only the main inbox did. You will need a third party product to synch a non-default account. Try posting in microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After a lot of head-scratching, sess asked: | I am using Windows XP with outlook 2003 | I coud not get ActiveSyn...

Can't install updates in Server Core 2008
I'm attempting to setup a Window Server 2008 Server to host virtual machines. I'm encountering the issue below in clean install of both Enterprise X64 and Enterprise X64 R2. The install will go fine and I join the machine to our domain, ping other machine to verify network connectivity, but when I try to install an update in this KB950050 so I can setup Hyper-V I get the following error Installer encountered an error: 0x80070002 The system cannot find the file specified. The only information I could find on this issue was this from Microsoft http://support.microsoft.com/...

Upgrade? yearly or as long as you can last without
So is it generaly recommended to never upgrade money and just deal with whatever version you have until MS forces you to upgrade? or do you create a new file for each year and keep each year for an archive or something? I don't know what the hell happened with money plus but it has been nothing but problems for me and still things just don't work right like they did before the update right before money plus came out and has been a pain in my ass for the last 4 months. I just don't feel I should have to put forth the effort every year to correct all this BS. There is no o...

I can't open an xls.file compressed(zipped)folder in Windows XP?
I get this error message: " The file may be in use by another application, the file format may not be supported by any of the installed converter, or the file may be corrupted" ...

Can't send email with Outlook
I handle IT Support for a small office of about 30 people using Exchange Server 5.5 and NT 4.0 and Outlook 2000. A handful of people in the office also have an external email address on our hosted domain. About three weeks ago sending outbound email via smtp just stopped. We didn't realize this because there were no bounced messages or anything, they were just gone. I'm able to send fine via webmail for our domain name and I'm able to send and receive using Outlook Express. But I cannot send Internet Mail at all with Outlook. I have tried more than one smtp server (bot...

How can I design my own top fold greeting card?
I am trying to make a personal greeting card using my photos, and I want to use an 8.5x11 sheet with a top fold so the card measures 8.5x5.5. Surely I can do , but how? Thanks. There are half fold templates you can start with. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "DecemberDonna" <DecemberDonna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01C13DAC-D434-4FA5-A33D-5499EA798967@microsoft.com... >I am trying to make a personal greeting card using my photos, and I want to > use an 8.5x11 sheet...

Cannot edit fields on a subform?. It's sending me nuts!
I have a Subform based on a query, which is based on at table. The query contains a calculated function, for some reason I cannot edit the fields. Can someome tell me why this may be so?. everything appears to be in order regarding the various properties relating to editing. Data Entry - No Allow Additions - Yes Allow Deletetions - Yes Allow Filters - Yes Record Locks - No Locks I'm baffled, and frustrated... If you run the query by itself, is it updatable? If it isn't, the form won't be either. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-...

Changed a pers folder to "Old Stuff" now can't close/del "Old Stu.
When I installed Outlook I ended up with three "Personal Folders" folders. I was able to delete one of them by changing the name and right clicking on the new name. I changed the name of the 2nd and when I tried to delete it I got the message: "The operation failed. An object could not be found." Has anyone had this problem and if so, did they find a solution? What version of Outlook? Try creating a new mail profile - it sounds like yours is corrupt. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert l...

Can't access "Advanced" functions on folders
Upgraded my laptop from Win2K to XP, Office 2K to 2003 - all at once. Previous Outlook install included two profiles - one for online, one for remote. Both profiles use the same 3 PST files. After upgrade, I can see all three PSTs and access mail in all three under both profiles. But in one profile, I cannot get the "advanced" button to work, as follows: - Right-click on top-level folder (PST, mailbox, remote folders) - Select "Properties" - Click on "Advanced" button In the roaming profile, this brings up the advanced functions for the PSTs, (it brings up the...

Error using offset
compile error: invalid or unqualified reference Sub APPLES() 'COPY OP FNAME & PASTE Sheets("Correct").Select Range("g2").Select Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown)).Select Selection.Copy Sheets("Errors").Select Range("AA6500").Select Selection.End(xlUp).Select .Offset(1, 0).Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _ False, Transpose:=False Application.CutCopyMode = False End Sub The line > .Offset(1, 0).Select needs to q...

Using a cell reference in a connection string
Hi all I am using excel as a frontend reporting tool to display some performance data that is held in a sql database. This spreadsheet and the database behind it will be altered over time as we incorporate new data into it. I will be doing these changes on our test environment first before moving it to live. Because i will be altering the test version of the spreadsheet i dont want to have to redo the same changes to the live one instead i would just like to change the server in the sql connection string. The way i have been doing this up until now is to save the spreadsheet as an ...

Can't evaluate expressionin IDE debug mode
So I am stepping through my program and I either hover or select an expression and hit F9 and its value is displayed, but then in some cases I get this message: "Cannot evaluate expression because we are stopped in a place where garbage collection is impossible, possibly because the code of the current method may be optimized." I searched for it and got various hits, some of them useful, but not enough to solve my problem. I have never encountered this message before. The only difference for this specific routine is that I copied and pasted it from a VB6 project. Initial...

how to get the ContactID from ContactBase to another table
Hi everybody!! i�ve made a new Button called "Anh�nge" in the CRM Contact Manager. If you press this Button, a HTML Site opens and you can search for files per INPUT TYPE="file". The problem is, that i want to save the path of this file in relation to the right ContactID from ContactBase. I�ve made also a new table called "ContactAttachments" with three Columns: ContactID, ID, path. My problem is: How can i get the ContactID from the current/opened Contact and how can i save this to my new table? Could anybody help me please? Greatings Daniel P.S.: Sorry for ...

How do I selectively import data from another Excel worksheet?
I have a long database, that contains complete leads data with many columns. I have another, shorter database that contains no data except one common field between the two. I want to fill-in the info from the large database into the smaller database. I'd sure appreciate help! Thanks. Take a look at the vLookup worksheet function. HTH, -- Gary Brown gary.DeleteThis2SendMeAnEmail.Brown@kinneson.com "Emmanuel" wrote: > I have a long database, that contains complete leads data with many columns. > I have another, shorter database that contains no data except one common...

How do we use lookup ?
I have a table of values like this from A1 to B4 A B 1 123 wall 2 254 chair 3 389 book 4 478 pen Now I want to write a function (maybe with "lookup") to look at the first tree characters in coloum A and return the value of it (here, writen in coloumb B) I have tried with this: A B C 1 123 wall =lookup(left(A1;3);A1:B4;2) 2 254 chair 3 389 book 4 478 pen but I get #N/A in C1 if I write =lookup(123;A1:B4;2) I get 2 where as I would like to get "wall" I have also tried with =VLOOKUP(123,A1:B4,2,FALSE) i...