Calendar Control (ActiveX) Access 2003

I want to use the Calendar Control to display a baseball game schedule.

Example: Show a calendar with all the games being played that month.  Each
date would be colored as white for home and grey for away.  Each date would
also contain the team being played's logo, and the time the game starts
(local).

I want the control to read the schedule file and display the data for each
team.  I'm not sure how to go about it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

0
mhwinokur
7/19/2007 3:41:39 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

A Flex Grid Control will probably do what you want. Have a look at -

http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/Otherdownload.asp?SampleName='Flex%20Grid%20Demo.mdb'

for some examples.

Peter Hibbs.

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 03:41:39 GMT, "mhwinokur" <u35968@uwe> wrote:

>I want to use the Calendar Control to display a baseball game schedule.
>
>Example: Show a calendar with all the games being played that month.  Each
>date would be colored as white for home and grey for away.  Each date would
>also contain the team being played's logo, and the time the game starts
>(local).
>
>I want the control to read the schedule file and display the data for each
>team.  I'm not sure how to go about it.
>
>Any help will be greatly appreciated
0
Peter
7/19/2007 7:58:38 AM
Peter,

Thank you for giving me a direction.  The link wouldn't work, but I went to
that site, and I think I may be able to find many usefull tools there.

Saxman

Peter Hibbs wrote:
>A Flex Grid Control will probably do what you want. Have a look at -
>
>http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/Otherdownload.asp?SampleName='Flex%20Grid%20Demo.mdb'
>
>for some examples.
>
>Peter Hibbs.
>
>>I want to use the Calendar Control to display a baseball game schedule.
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]
>>
>>Any help will be greatly appreciated

mhwinokur
7/19/2007 6:24:44 PM
"mhwinokur" <u35968@uwe> wrote:

>I want to use the Calendar Control to display a baseball game schedule.

See the Calendar Tips page at my website
http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/calendars.htm

There could, likely will, be lots of version problems when you go to
distribute the MSCal.OCX..

One alternative is MonthCalendar is a completely API generated Month
Calendar derived directly from the Common Control DLL.  There are
links to several downloadable calendar forms at my website.   As these
are forms you can also do anything with them you want.

You can also use the calendar form which comes in the Access <insert
your version here> Developers Handbook by Litwin/Getz/Gilbert,
publisher Sybex  www.developershandbook.com.  These books are well
worth spending money.  Every time I open one I save the price of the
book.

Duane Hookum has an awesome and simple calendar in a report.  See the
Calendar Reports sample section at
http://www.access.hookom.net/Samples.htm

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.

Thank you very much for the valuable information.  I will be checking out
your web site, and some of the others you suggested.

Take care,

Saxman

Tony Toews [MVP] wrote:
>>I want to use the Calendar Control to display a baseball game schedule.
>
>See the Calendar Tips page at my website
>http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/calendars.htm
>
>There could, likely will, be lots of version problems when you go to
>distribute the MSCal.OCX..
>
>One alternative is MonthCalendar is a completely API generated Month
>Calendar derived directly from the Common Control DLL.  There are
>links to several downloadable calendar forms at my website.   As these
>are forms you can also do anything with them you want.
>
>You can also use the calendar form which comes in the Access <insert
>your version here> Developers Handbook by Litwin/Getz/Gilbert,
>publisher Sybex  www.developershandbook.com.  These books are well
>worth spending money.  Every time I open one I save the price of the
>book.
>
>Duane Hookum has an awesome and simple calendar in a report.  See the
>Calendar Reports sample section at
>http://www.access.hookom.net/Samples.htm
>
>Tony

mhwinokur

Outlook 2003 News

Trouble with Tab Control
I have a form in which i have a tab on it. The problem is the tab appears white and I would like to show the background behind it. I saw in the properties there was a section to make it "transparent" or "normal" i've selected botha nd nothing changes. Any ideas on how to solve this. thanks On Jan 25, 9:32 am, tsla...@gmail.com wrote: > I have a form in which i have a tab on it. The problem is the tab > appears white and I would like to show the background behind it. I > saw in the properties there was a section to make it "transparent" or > ...

open two different Access reports

Transferring control of CClientDC to CDC
Hi, I have a class MSWinDisplayManager which I want to take a CClientDC device context so that it's member functions can perform drawing routines on it. I want the class to have it's own CClientDC member which all the methods have access to draw on. My constructor looks like this: MSWinDisplayManager::MSWinDisplayManager(CClientDC& win) { private_win.attach(win); } This is called by the user like: CClientDC dlg(this); MSWinDisplayManager wdm(dlg); then I want to do things like: wdm.drawCars(); The problem I have is that private_win isn't getting control of the device ...

Outlook 2003 #79

Help Required

Canadian Mergers 2003

Outlook 2003 with XP SP2

Filters in Excel 2003

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

2011 Calendar templates
what's up with the calendar templates? why can't i find a 2011 calendar in Word 2007 templates or online. i would like both a 12 month calendar 1 month per page and the 6 months per page Can anyone help me? Thresa See http://www.spreadsheetguys.com/downloads/templates/calendar or http://download.cnet.com/Excel-Calendar-Template/3000-2077_4-10346449.html -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com &quo...

OWA Calendar Views
I am hosting an Exchange 2003 SP1 server with many users connecting via OWA. Many of the users (including my boss) are not fond of the 7 day view and much prefer the 5 day "Work Week" view within Outlook. Are there any modules that I can load to implement this "Work Week" view within OWA? I am aware of the control click method in the OWA calendar but my boss does not like that solution. Thanks in advance, Nick ...

Outlook 2007 Calendar -> Outlook 2003

PDA-Outlook 2003

compact database in VBA access 2007

Merge code issues with Publisher 2003

Controlling NDR's sent to Originator
Hi, I have a scenario: An Exchange2k User sets up an Auto Forward Rule to forward all inbound mail to a personal email account. This person recieves email into his Inbox and the Rule fires off forwarding the email to their personal account. His personal account is not reachable and Exchange sends a NDR to the original sender. Example: Step 1: john23@example.com sends email to corpuser7@corp14.com Step 2: corpuser7@corp14.com has an Inbox rule that forwards this email to his personal account at homeacct@isporg.com Step 3: exchangeserver.corp14.com recieves an NDR from pubmailer.isporg.c...