Calculations on Form bound to a field in a table

Is possible to perform calculations in a field and have them stored in a
table?  For instance I have a call log form where users enter different types
of calls that they recieve.  the fields that they enter are bound to a table
that tracks the calls.  I can place formulas in the form that display the
totals of the different calls.  Can I have those totals bound to a field in
my table?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

If the numbers that make up the calculation are already in the table, then
you don't need to also store the total.  It is redundant.  When you need the
calculated value, just calculate it.  It is more efficient and you don't
have to worry about changing the total if you go in and change one of the
values that is included in that total.

Database normalization rules would say that you don't store calculated data
in a table.

--
Hope that helps!

RBear3
..

"WildlyHarry" <WildlyHarry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is possible to perform calculations in a field and have them stored in a
> table?  For instance I have a call log form where users enter different
> types
> of calls that they recieve.  the fields that they enter are bound to a
> table
> that tracks the calls.  I can place formulas in the form that display the
> totals of the different calls.  Can I have those totals bound to a field
> in
> my table?

0
RBear3

#Delete Mark in Bound Memo filed

PA Misc. Log Tables

visual basic

forward to: field
Hi Everyone, im looking for the AD attribute in which the 'forward to:' field of the delivery options is stored. Thank you in advance kind regards marc -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ Its in the altRecipient attribute. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Marc Wenger" <haga(at).iesg--nspm-noa9h.gmx.ch> wrote in message news:opr64hs7z6fyi4rt@news.microsoft.com... > Hi Everyone, > > im looking for the AD attribute in which the 'forward to:' field of ...

Word2007. Checkbox. No Form

Getting the BCC field by default.

Date Calculation

COUNTIF on Summary Fields
Can't use on a cell that "sums" with arithmetic operators "+". Is there a workaround, etc.? a bit more explanation? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "DLC" <dlcopesr@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:117v954kaf4s2f6@corp.supernews.com... > Can't use on a cell that "sums" with arithmetic operators "+". Is there a > workaround, etc.? > > ...

Calculating totals
I have two columns on a worksheet: "Project Codes" and "Totals." I would like to have columns on another worksheet that will automatically total up the different project numbers "A,B,C,etc." How do I do that? Thanks in advance for your help, Technically Handicapped Enter a *unique* list of your "Project Codes", starting in A2 of Sheet2. In B2, enter this formula: =SUMIF(Sheet1!A:A,A2,Sheet1!B:B) And copy down as needed. -- HTH, RD ===================================================== Please keep all correspondence within the G...

Help about numeric type field. Thanks.

item class table

Picture control on a form
What is the best way to fill a form with a picture control so that when the client window is resized the picture control will fill the form? -- Just Al Take a look at this and see if this is what you want: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/bmpdlg01.asp Tom "Al" <Al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5BEA0FA2-3F95-4090-B908-A75DBF1D19DE@microsoft.com... > What is the best way to fill a form with a picture control so that when > the > client window is resized the picture control will fill the form? > -- > Just Al Thank You! -- Just Al &...

basic pivot table group
I have looked at some basic Pivot Table tutorials, but I have a very basic question not answered by their examples. . . . I have data in a spreadsheet formatted like this, each row representing an event: Timestamp Process Message ID 11:23:45:123 processA message123 11:23:45:124 processB message123 11:23:45:136 processC message123 11:23:46:123 processA message456 11:23:47:123 processB message456 11:23:47:678 processC message456 Can a pivot table help me reformat the data like below? ...

Disappearing data in sync'd forms

Sum items in a lookup table.
I work for a bus company that has 240 different routes. I also have a table in Excel that lists monthly ridership for each route. I use it as a lookup table to get data for another report. The problem? There are 6 of the 240 routes that are served by more than one garage so they appear twice in the lookup table and I would like to get the sum of the ridership for that particular route from the table. Is this possible and if so how do I do it? I gather you're using a lookup function now to find the ridership from a given route. VLOOKUP will return (0 or) 1 value. If you use SU...

Calculating Subsets of Data
I have data for records that can span between 1 to 16 months.. I want to be able to calculate the average activity for the most recent six months in a query and be able to display that in a report. I can create the calculation in the query for the entire duration of months for each record but am stuck on how to have it choose only the most recent six months of data to do the calculation and understand that the six months may really only be between 1 to 6 months of data.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..My skill level is somewhere between meatball surgeon and ki...

List the UNIQUE certain fields from the database
Dear Experts, Please help related to the above subject. From this discussion, got the following formula which is work well and faster for small of database. =OFFSET($G$1,MATCH(0,MMULT(--TRANSPOSE(TRANSPOSE(DATA)=I$1:I1),ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROW()-1))/ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROW()-1))),0)-1,0,1,1) where $G$1, the first row of DATA. how to convert it to VBA as this time i have a huge database. for Tab Data, Advanced, Unique Record only (works well also, but i need the VBA). basically we would like to do similar like this: Data Sample Vendor Name A B...

to form tray icon
I wrote a VC pragram.I wanted to form a tray icon when the program is runnining....Is there any MFC function for doing this?????? Take a look on this article http://www.codeproject.com/shell/systemtray.asp Joseph wrote: > I wrote a VC pragram.I wanted to form a tray icon when the program is > runnining....Is there any MFC function for doing this?????? On 10 Jan 2007 23:16:01 -0800, "Joseph" <mnair.lekshmi@gmail.com> wrote: >I wrote a VC pragram.I wanted to form a tray icon when the program is >runnining....Is there any MFC function for doing this?????? You m...