Calculated Field in form to table

Can you take a calculated field from a form and pull it in to a table??
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Updating a table from Form Entry
I have a form that pops up when a user clicks a button to Print said form. The form is for the user to enter the name of the table and any footnotes for that particular form, this form is connected to a table that stores this information for everytime the report is printed. THe problem I having is that when the user enters the information and clicks [PRINT] the report is blank, when I open the table the info the user has entered has not updated onto the table yet. Is there a way so that when the user clicks [PRINT] the footnote table will update BEFORE the report prints? Larry -- Neve...

Update textbox on form
The following are events on two combo boxes on a subform "NewJobsSubform", the first sets the rowsource of the second and also sets a default value in the second. The second event sets the value in the text box "Sell" to the price associated with the RepProduct in cboRepProduct - collected from the table "RepairProducts". "Private Sub cboCatName_AfterUpdate() On Error Resume Next Me.cboRepProduct.RowSource = "SELECT RepairProduct.RepProduct FROM" & _ " RepairProduct WHERE CatName = '" & Me.cboCatName.Value...

last 4 wk average using calculated pivotitem
Hi, I am trying to create a pivot table/chart from data that is listed b week. So my table has "week" as the row field and "total X" as th column field. I want the chart to display the total for each week as bar (the easy part) and also to graph the average of the last fou weeks as a line on top of the bar graph. I have tried to figure ou how to add a calculated pivot item but I can't seem to get it to wor right. So for each week there would be a second almost subtotal lik entry that calculates the average for the previous four weeks (if ther aren't four previo...

Copy field data to multiple places

Forms Based Authentication
I have configured Exchange 2003 Server on Windows 2003 Server. Everything works , HTTP,HTTPS, OWA Password change , but whenever I enable forms based authentication I recieve an error "440 login timeout" and the page will not load. Pls Help Regards I hesitate, because it doesn't fully match your diagnosis but take a look at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;817379 to see if it's of any help. >-----Original Message----- >I have configured Exchange 2003 Server on Windows 2003 Server. Everything >works , HTTP,HTTPS, OWA Password change ,...

Pivot Tables & changing data
Hi - I have never used pivot tables in Excel before so hopefully what I am going to ask is possible and not too complicated for me.... :o) I am working with Excel 2003. I have a pivot table already set up and the information is pulling data from a row titled "sum of Subscriber". I added new data in a new column from the main spreadsheet and I would like to pull the data from there. Its titled "Adj Subscriber". Is it possible to switch it? If so, how? Thanks, Anna Marie Anna wrote: > Hi - I have never used pivot tables in Excel before so hopefully what I am &...

Linking Combo box to pivot table?
Hi All, I have a pivot table which has teams on the left, months on the top and a count of the calls in the data area. What I would love is that if I could have a combo box on a worksheet which when I select a team from its list it only shows me that teams data in the pivot table. Is this possible please?? -- Adam ----------- Windows 98 + Office Pro 97 You could move Team to the page area of the pivot table. Select a team, and the pivot table will only show its data. Adam wrote: > Hi All, > > I have a pivot table which has teams on the left, months on the top and a > c...

Viewing an Excel sheet w/out all the empty fields...
How do you create a spreadsheet that only shows the fileds with data in them? -How do you get rid of all the empty rows/columns, to ease viewing for those who are easily confused by excel spreadsheets? (I don't know how else to emaplin my question... I just don't want the extra columns & rows there, if that's possible...) Please help... Hi! >I just don't want the extra columns & rows there, if that's possible... Just hide them! Suppose the last column in your sheet that contains data is column H. You can hide columns I:IV so that after column H all you ...

SOP History tables
We are trying to determine how some of the fields in the SOP30200 and SOP30300 tables are populated when contracts are invoiced since we are working on a conversion. The fields are: SOP30200 CUSTNMBR -we assume this is coming from the Bill To Customer Number on the Contract Header (SVC00600) PRBTADCD -we assume this is coming from the Bill To Address Code on the Contract Header (SVC00600) PRSTADCD (this is supposed to be a Ship To Address Code but we aren’t sure where it’s coming from since you don’t enter a main address code on the header – we don’t use the Sites button – most of the...

Validation Rule for field values
I have a database that includes a phone number field. I want to prevent a user from creating a new record that contains a phone number that is currently in a record that exists in the database.I am using a form for data entry into the table. Somehow I'd like for there to be a check to see if the phone number typed into the phone number field to be checked against existing phone numbers in the database.I've researched various sources but haven't been able to find the solution. I'm not familiar with VB so any replies that suggest using that will probably not work for me. Sorry, j...

Pivot table fields missing on all computers
I have Excel 2007 installed on two computers. I also have Excel 2010 beta installed on one of the computers. I am unable to create a pivot table on ANY of them. None will show the field list. All copies of Excel work fine in all other aspects. I have searched the net for solutions and found many others have the same problem but few suggestions to fix it. Many questions never got any response at all. I did find a reference to try removing the .xlb file from the XLStart folder. I did, with no results. I have done all the proper show/hide clicks. I even tried using the ...

24 Hour Calculations
I was wondering if anyone has a solution for calculating (in 24hr Format): Total Shift Hours per employee when start of shift is: 6/13/05 20:00 ending 6/14/05 04:00. AND Once shift totals are calculated in a column, subtotal both employee weekly hours and company man - hours per shift. If you have entered both the date and time, as you show, in a single cell, then you can simply subtract the two and format as time to get the hours worked. As far as the subtotals are concerned, SUMIF will work for the totals by employee. If the starting times for each shift are identical for all employee...

Please help with last formula for order form.
I am able to accomplish this with 1 column by the formulas below. Cell H160 is the subtotal: =IF(SUM(H72:H111)>0,SUM(H72:H111),"") Cell H166 the total: =IF(SUM(H160)>0,SUM((H160*H163)+H160),"") Cell H163 is for Tax. I am almost finished creating an order form. I would like to get the SUM of 3 different columns that are separated. I am not able auto fill strait down the column, because the information is separated in groups with titles, and the cells are not identically sized. I tried varations of this formula: =IF(SUM(H72:H111)+(116:131)+(135:154)>0,SUM ((H72:H...

Where can I get a template that will calculate profloss after buy.
I need a template that will calculate all the possible variables in a share trade. The rate on buying, every day entry (7 days),Profit/loss on holding, prof/loss on sale etc. ...

can't find form
i have a command button on a form [frmMainMenu] that when clicked, closes that form and opens another [frmFixtureSchedulePrintOptions]. The 2 share the same table as a record source, so i'm doing this to avoid conflicting updates the code behind [frmMainMenu] reads like this (below), and functions correctly DoCmd.Close stDocName = "frmFixtureSchedulePrintOptions" DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, acNormal on the new form [frmFixtureSchedulePrintOptions], there is a command button to save to close itself, and open the previous from [frmMainMenu], and the ...

Form Summarys
I want to know if i can write up my form on excel and then on anothe sheet it summarizes it so i have a log of all the forms i send out bu each time i create a new form can it create a new summary underneat the old one ?? Many Thanks:D Ben -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Does this mean that you have certain cells that you want to track? If yes, then you could run a macro when you're done with the form: Option Explicit Option Base 0 Sub testme01() Dim myCellAddresses As Variant Dim FormWks As Worksheet Dim LogWks As Worksheet Dim nextRow As Long D...

Getting an UnBound control value into a Table field??????
I have a form that calculates a production rate in "parts per hour". This form needs to be able to differentiate between Line work, Cutter work, Side work, and Blister work. I created a drop down list for selecting the "Study Type" as listed above. I then created a text box for each "study type". When I select the "study type" each text box checks to see if the selection applies to it and makes the calculation if it does apply. The code for the "Line" study is as follows: =IIf([StudyType]="Line",2700?/[SecondsPerPart])...

Pass infomration from a form to a report...
I have a form that displays a certain fields from a specific record. How can the selected values be passed to create a report? From my understanding reports can only get information from tables and queries. How can I query th information from a form? Thank you for any help, George On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 12:13:31 -0400, George <MyEmail@FakeEmailAddress.com> wrote: >I have a form that displays a certain fields from a specific record. How > can the selected values be passed to create a report? > From my understanding reports can only get information from ta...

How do I read in a record / row from a table.
Hi, I have a form where I need to read in the parameter setting for the current user. I know I can use DLookup but I have to lookup about 14 different parameters off a single row. But that seems quite inefficient. I need to read the record and extract the values from the record / row. Thanks. -- Dennis Dennis Here's one possible approach ... there are many ... You could create a form that is bound to that record, and make the form hidden. You can refer to controls on the form with: Forms!YourForm!YourControl Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft ...

Jscript to hide unpopulated fields
Hi We have created two custom entities named suppliers and business partners. We would prefer not to create account records and use the relationship type field so we created these custom entities. We now have on the Contact form three seperate fields that a contact could be related to. These fields are parent customer, parent supplier and parent business partner. A Contact should only be associated with one parent record. We would like to write Jscript which hides the remaining fields if one of the fields is populated. If a user associates a Contact with a parent customer then the ...

Change database source for pivot table
Hi I've built a pivot table based on an Oracle database. however I want to change the source database (from test to live) but can't figure out how to change the source database. Any ideas? Cheers Neil Just answered my own question, in the query go into table definition and change the database "Neil" <neil@funkcity.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23yauyKKpFHA.620@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I've built a pivot table based on an Oracle database. > > however I want to change the source database (from test to live) but can't > figu...

Continuous Forms
Hi I have a subform with the records displayed in the Continuous Forms view. On each line, I have a group & a subgroup. Both fields are Combo boxes. What I am trying to do is limit the choice of subgroups to those pertaining to the group shown. I have tried putting code in the On Current event in the form to allow only the correct subgroups in the Combo box, but it seems to take the criteria for the top record & apply it to all the others. This is the code:- Dim strSQL As String strSQL = "SELECT TLK_SubGroups.PK_SubGroup, TLK_SubGroups.TXT_SubAbriv, TLK_SubGroup...

Formula syntax
The formula came out wrong on the previous posting :- the number 0.19 should appear only below the divisor line situate underneath log10(200/t2)-0.98 part of the formula, with square bracket surrounding only the numerator and denominator of this expression. Th expression 16.88-0.81arctan stands to the left of the first squar bracket. BigBo -- BigBo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BigBob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1611 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27772 Not sur...