Bypassing message when running Update Qury

When I run an Update query I receive a message warning me that I am about to
modify data.  I click Yes and receive a second message warning that I am
about to Update rows.

Is it possible to suppress the messages so they do not appear when I run the
query?

thanks for any help.

JoeP
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

See:
    Action queries: suppressing dialogs, while knowing results
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-60.html
for a couple of ways to handle this.

"JoeP" <JoeP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I run an Update query I receive a message warning me that I am about
> modify data.  I click Yes and receive a second message warning that I am
> about to Update rows.
>
> Is it possible to suppress the messages so they do not appear when I run
> the
> query?
>
> thanks for any help.
>
> JoeP

0
Allen
4/27/2007 3:31:07 PM
Hi, Joe.

> Is it possible to suppress the messages so they do not appear when I run
> the
> query?

Yes.  Select the Tools -> Options... menu and select the "Edit/Find" tab in
the Options dialog window.  Uncheck the "Record changes" and "Action
queries" check boxes in the "Confirm" section (in the top right of the
window), and then select the "OK" button to save the changes.

HTH.
Gunny

See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs.
See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips and tutorials.
Blogs: www.DataDevilDog.BlogSpot.com, www.DatabaseTips.BlogSpot.com
http://www.Access.QBuilt.com/html/expert_contributors2.html for contact
info.

"JoeP" <JoeP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I run an Update query I receive a message warning me that I am about
> modify data.  I click Yes and receive a second message warning that I am
> about to Update rows.
>
> Is it possible to suppress the messages so they do not appear when I run
> the
> query?
>
> thanks for any help.
>
> JoeP

US Bank accounts not updating
Hi, I setup Money a few days ago and signed up through US Bank for Money updates on Sunday. On Monday evening when I added US Bank my accounts from there showed up. I select "Last 60 Days" of transactions but my accounts show a zero balance and no transactions. When I updated today, it said "Update successful" but still no transactions or balance. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong? Should I remove the accounts and add them again? Thanks for the help, RW ...

Restoring Sent Item messages
I had auto archive selected on my Sent Item mail, and I need to restore some of it, from just a month ago. Can I do this in either Outlook 2003 or Outlook Express 6? I'd rather the later, since I don't want to muck around Outlook and mess something up. Express I don't care. Thanks, BJ JB <fudge@fudge.com> wrote: > I had auto archive selected on my Sent Item mail, and I need to > restore some of it, from just a month ago. Can I do this in either > Outlook 2003 or Outlook Express 6? I'd rather the later, since I > don't want to muck around Outl...

Running macros or functions?
First of all i want to thank people who come here and help others. I have posted a few questions and have many nice people help me. Now for my question: I am confused. I just started a few days ago learning to do some VBA. I noticed that when i create a macro in VBA i see VBA makes the following code entries in the code window: sub name1() end sub The name1 is the macro name that i assign when invoking the create macro button in the macro dialog box. But when i change the code to, Function name() the macro name that i created disappears? Now i want a return value to go into a cell for use l...

Accumulating Daily Updates
I have a sheet which has a row which gets updated with summary data from a different workbook. This update occurs each time I open my workbook, which has links to the workbook with the summary data. I currently operate by opening my workbook once each day to receive the updated values. In the same sheet where I am reading the summary data from the other workbook, I want to read that summary data on a daily basis and store the data on a separate row so that I can accumulate trend data which I want to report. Currently, I am using the current formula in each row to check if it is t...

Still confused about online updates
I have a registered copy of MS Money Premium Plus and keep my portfolio in it and have for years. I know that MS Money is being discontinued and have read the different threads in this forum as well as MS Money FAQs but am still confused about downloading stock quotes. Today was my dreaded expiration of online services. I suspect that this means I activated online services 2 years ago. I know the FAQ indicates my services will expire either 2 years from date of activation or 1/31/2011. So now I can't download quotes but other MS Money users can? Why stop allowing me to downlo...

Update form based on subform
Hi All, This is probably a dead simple thing, but I'm stuck on it. My main form's record set is dependent on the selection of a record from one of its subforms. When the user selects a different record, I need to requery the main form to update all the other stuff on it that refers to the selected record in the subform. What is the simplest way to detect that a user has selected a different record in the subform? In the past, I've setup OnClick events for all the subform's controls. That's seems a lot of redundancy. I've seen a number of f...

How do I avoid the message?
I have a macro which (among other tasks) saves the existing open file to "temp.xls". However, I want to avoid the dialogue box which says "File exists . . . do you want to replace?" Is there a line I can put into my macro which will save the file to "temp.xls" without asking me whether or not I want to overwrite the existing file? Thanks, John Berry Application.DisplayAlerts = False save your workbook Application.DisplayAlerts = tru -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi John Application.DisplayAlerts=False 'YOUR CODE Application.Displ...

cannot receive messages #2
I can send but not receive anything after upgrading from express. What's the deal? What happens when you try? "cinemaze" <cinemaze@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A8BA717-EDD3-413C-B46B-BD4586D7904B@microsoft.com... >I can send but not receive anything after upgrading from express. What's >the > deal? "cinemaze" <cinemaze@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A8BA717-EDD3-413C-B46B-BD4586D7904B@microsoft.com... >I can send but not receive anything after upgrading from express. What's >the > d...

vaugue error message
I'm trying to install Microsoft CRM Server for testing purposes on a Windows Server 2000 machine. I have installed all the needed software, including SQL Server SP2, Exchange 2000, IIS, Indexing services, Message Queuing, etc. CRM installed fine. However, now when I try to launch CRM I get the error message: "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your sysmem administrator". The title bar has "Microsoft CRM" in it. How can I get more information about the error? Dear Barry, this may happen if the microsoft crm security service is not runnin...

Salomon XA Pro 3D Trail Running Shoe Mens
Price:$109.99 Image: http:///image.php?id=B0015LGJHQ Best deal: http:///index.php?id=B0015LGJHQ had for about 6 months and they startes to fall apart, started to pull apart at the seems and get holes in the mesh part of shoe. took to store, salesmen never seen anything like it. Lightweight. Durable. Dries faster than anything else out there. Great toecap to prevent bumps and wear and tear. Lacing system is fast (not to mention kevlar) Walked over 800 miles with 35 lbs on my back before I had to turn em' in. I'm also 6'4" and 230 lbs. You do the math. Great shoes. Ignor...

import messages from outlook express
Support,support? I transfered my messages from Outlook Express to the new computer which has Outlook. The OE files are in *dbx format, Outlook seems to have *pst format and I don't know where and how to get them now into Outlook. They are sitting on my desktop waiting to be imported. Any help? Thanks Heinz You have to first import/open in OE on the new pc. Be aware that files on a cd are likely to have been reset to read only, and that attribute needs to be changed, when on the hd. Then export frm OE to OL David "Heinz Legler" <heinz@verana.com> wrote in message news...

Inbox message lost when forwarded
When I forward a message from my inbox, it disappears to the "Sent Items" file. How can I keep my message in the inbox? My version is '97. Thanks ...

Seeing a Parent's messages from a child object
I was wondering if there is any way for a child object to see the messages of a Parent object, like WM_SIZE. What i want to do is i'm creating a CFrameWnd object in a dll and i'm drawing that in on View of the calling exe. What i want to do is resize the CFrameWnd obj that's in my dll when the View of the exe is resized. I would like to do this without the View knowing this is happening. Any ideas or examples would be appreciated. Thanks Hi, Roth. You need to "subclass" parent window by your own interceptor WndProc which will return you whatewer you want. Tr...

Exchange 2003 SP2 Intelligent Message Filter
Greetings, I recently upgraded to SP2, and it would appear that the Intelligent Message Filter is not working. I couldn't find any information on how to configure IMF v2. With my old IMF v1 install, there was an entry under my server/Protocols/SMTP called Intelligent Message Filtering where you would have to apply IMF to the Default SMTP Virtual Server. That entry is no longer there. The performance monitor doesn't show any activity on the IMF. Does anyone know how to activate/configure IMF under SP2? Or is there a problem with my installation? Thanks, Dan http://www.s...

Test Message
9/1/2010 10:11:14 PM ...

IMFv2 not updating
We have an SBS2003 with SP1 server, installed with Exchange SP2. IMFv1 was installed pior to SP2 but was uninstalled before updating. I have made the required registry key change. The server is using Microsoft Update. WSUS is not installed. There are no subfolders under MSCFv2 (although MSCFv1 still exists) Unfortunately Microsoft Update still doesn't offer the IMF updates & I hope I've checked all the previous suggestions - any further ideas? Thanks in advance, Edmund First thing is to make sure IMFv2 is enabled http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Intelligent-Message-Filter-...

No update with more than 3 workbook chain
I know this has been mentioned, but I can't find my exact situation in the previous few days posts. I have 5 excel documents. DocA.xls, DocB.xls, DocC.xls, DocD.xls, DocE.xls. My accounting department has a very elaborate reporting/calculating string of documents growing. They have over 100 documents all linked to each other in the same directory. DocA.xls is modified and it has a link to DocB.xls. DocB.xls uses information from a linked field in DocA.xls to calculate a new field. DocC.xls then uses this field to calcualte a field in DocD.xls. DocE.xls then looks at DocD.xls to make...

Error message with event id 5
Hi all, I want to know what is the error of event id 5, An unexpected MAPI error occured, error returned was (0x80040154)? Thanks "dwi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to know what is the error of event id 5, An >unexpected MAPI error occured, error returned was >(0x80040154)? You'll have to provide some more information. The 0x80040154 is an unregistered class. What version of Exchange are you running. What O/S are you running? From the Event Log entry: EventID Source Category Type Description This *might* be what you're looki...

Money software and message board problems.
Hi to all you users, and hopefully to that lucky Microsoft bulletin board monitor. I am a long time Microsoft Money user. Overall, I am a very satisfied customer, but there is a glitch in the software, possibly going way back, that I would sure like some help with. The first problem lies within the reports from investment portfolios. Several years ago, I bought shares of a Fidelity mutual fund, kept it for a couple of years, then noticed that the share price was dropping dramatically, so I sold every share. Now (2003)that Fidelity fund is once again doing well, so I bought more s...

Deleting Messages in the Queue
-- Mick Mick <Mick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.pott@getronics.com Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com ...

How do I block certain updates on system restore?
I am going to do a system restore and reinstall Vista32 and all my applications. I purchased new February 2008. So now (before reinstall) all updates are listed for me to see. I know MS clumps updates together. When I do the first update right after reinstall of Vista32 I am sure I will have a seemingly endless list if updates. Will I be able to search through the updates and disable the ones I do not want? (like IE8, etc.) Thanks for the help. Bob Background info: I have a desktop AMD 4400+ 64X2 4GB memory 320GB HD(way bigger than I need) Acer computer (AM3100-U3201A) I ...

Rob...Cost update trigger
I found a post that originally included a cost update trigger that Rob had created. It updates the sales price based on a new cost. I can't get the attachment anymore. Anybody out there have the trigger? Thanks, G E ...

Why Office 2003 Updates are not installed successfully
Inspite of having )ffice 2003 Disc ready Office 2003 Updates are not installed successfully. May I know what is wrong???. Try this article Update process quits unexpectedly after you click "Check for Updates" on the Office Update Web site http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304498 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Salur Poorna" <Salur Poorna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D97CA736-21C3-4A7B-BE69-E76EEB60A47C@microsoft.com... > Inspite of having )ffic...

Apply this important update from MS Corporation
--jjfoequxwqkoixilr Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="vjllekmxpvfdqnvqn"; type="multipart/alternative" --vjllekmxpvfdqnvqn Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="qlvgabzjeb" --qlvgabzjeb Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to protect ...

All messages going to incorrect folder
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop We tried to create a rule for certain messages to go directly into folder A. It seems all incoming and sent messages are going there and we could not change the rule. Tried deleting the folder but all messages followed the folder to 'Deleted Items' so we moved the folder back under 'Inbox'. Now we cannot find the rule to change or delete it. <br> How do we direct incoming messages to 'Inbox' and sent messages to 'Sent Items'?? <br> Thanks On 3/21/1...