Building Columns in a Report

I'm using AC2003.  I have a database containing inventory numbers.  Is there
a way to generate a report with 3 or 4 columns on one page of those inventory
numbers?

for example

123    456    789    012
345    678    901    234
567    890    123    456
789    012    345    678

Any help is appreciated!
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Peter,
there is a way in the page set up part of formatting a report - to have
several columns. It is quite a while since I have needed to do something
like this, so I can't be any more specific than that.

Jeanette Cunningham

"PeterM" <PeterM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using AC2003.  I have a database containing inventory numbers.  Is
> there
> a way to generate a report with 3 or 4 columns on one page of those
> inventory
> numbers?
>
> for example
>
> 123    456    789    012
> 345    678    901    234
> 567    890    123    456
> 789    012    345    678
>
> Any help is appreciated!

0
Jeanette
1/16/2008 6:02:55 AM
On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 20:51:00 -0800, PeterM <PeterM@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I'm using AC2003.  I have a database containing inventory numbers.  Is there
>a way to generate a report with 3 or 4 columns on one page of those inventory
>numbers?

Sure, though it's a bit obscure how you do it!

Design it with a report width small enough to fit one column (2" wide say).
Then use File... Page Setup and select Columns to specify the desired number
of columns to print.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
1/16/2008 6:04:53 AM
The number of columns applies only to the detail section of the report -
headers and footers span the page. Best bet is to make the detail section the
width of the column, and on the column dialog specify column width as "same
as detail." You also get to specify whether the columns should be filled down
then across or across then down.
--
TedMi

reports grand totaling
Long story short, instead of using the subtotal function in reports, I was forced to just create a simple SUM of each column in the report, not a big deal. Now I need a grand total for all of the columns at the very bottom of the reports. Using subtotaling will not work in my particular case. The report looks very similar to the Case Summary report except instead of having a count of cases, I have a count of emails, calls, etc. associated with each case. Any ideas? ...

Split Report
I have a report that prints out Product names. The longest product name is 4" wide. Because of the amount of names this report generates 2 pages. Is there a way I can put the second page in the first page to the right in the other 4" left of space? Mario, In your report go to your page setup window and select the Columns Tab. Number of Columns: 2 Column Spacing: 0" Column Layout is typically Down, then Across if you want to read down the list. Make sure your page margins are set to 0.25" left and right so you have 8" available. When you design...

Store Names on X and Z Reports
After upgrading to 2.0.0123 when I print my X and Z reports they do not show with the store names at the top any more...Can anyone tell me how to fix this issue... Thanks Anthony Laidler Can anyone tell me how to update the x and z report receipt format so that it will show the name of the store at the time...Thanks and Happy Holidays. "Anthony Laidler" wrote: > After upgrading to 2.0.0123 when I print my X and Z reports they do not show > with the store names at the top any more...Can anyone tell me how to fix this > issue... > > Thanks > Anthony Laidler ...

Weekly Reporting on Multiple Project Status
(Brand new Project user) I need an easy way to report on multiple (20+) project status every week, including detailed task status, key deliverables for the week, current challenges, and notes. I do not need to track resources or budget. I was hoping to set up a project file that would essentially track all these independent projects at that level of detail, that I would be able to easily update with data reported to me for a weekly report for the overall team and management. Currently, we do this by updating a Word doc (tracking changes) and an Excel spreadsheet. Does anyo...

Custom Aging report
My boss wants an aging report that only shows 61-days and over. I can do this in smartlist of course - but how can I automate it where he gets it emailed to him on the 15th of the month? There are a couple of ways, I am sure, to accomplish this. I would generate a Crystal Report to a PDF and have that emailed using a tool such as KnowledgeSync -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Michael@nyresume.com" wrote: > My...

Report Back on 2007 No es Bueno!!!
Ok - so we started at my company with 2003, and I created a site to report numbers for sales on our intranet sharepoint, and everything was great! Now, with switching to 2007, it no longer automatically reports back to the other sheets!!! It's creating a bit of confusion for the people trying to view the reports, and I would like to get this fixed!!! How do I get The MAIN sheet to report back to the INDIVIDUAL sheets with having to click four buttons... I want it to do so automatically like it did in 2003!!! Thanks!! I am sure that others will be like me and think that ...

Crystal Reports Graphs
I have developed several reports for RMS using Crystal Reports 8.5. We have taken them to the next level and began including graphs, but the graphs are not appearing on some of our demo machines. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

reported error (0x8004210A):
I have just installed Office 2003, over Office XP Pro. Outlook reports this error on all email accounts, I have tried deleting the accounts and re-installing them to no avail. I have Google searched, for answers but, none give a clear answer. Task 'smtp server name - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A): 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provide (ISP).' -- Ride safe Barry <���> abbl@att.net Sunny Ocala, FL 34482, USA ...

Code to save info to another column?
I've got a sheet, in which column "D" is just numbers, fed real-time by mulitple other sheets in the same workbook. Is there a way so that at say 5am every day, it saves what is in column D to column E. Then the next day, it saves it to F, then G, and so on? What it is, is an inventory checkout sheet for our bar at work. Each page is a different type of booze (whiskey, rum, vodka, etc) and they have a touchscreen on the register comp. So I built a bunch of sheets with buttons to keep track of all the bottles they get out of the storage room. I plan on leaving this sheet ...

Copy from row above if cell is empty in column
How can I get a column to test if there is text in a row above when there is an empty cell, and then copy the text from the row above into the empty cell automaticlly? Thanks, Jacky D. =if(a1="","",a1) (in A2) If you're trying to fill a bunch of cells with the value from the above cells, you may want to take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site: http://contextures.com/xlDataEntry02.html She has some manual ways (very quick though) and some code, too. Jacky D. wrote: > > How can I get a column to test if there is text in a row above when there is > an ...

Newbie: Building a data output based on the XSD
Hi I'm new to the XML arena and I have built an XSD (from within Biztalk) and I need to build an XML document with the relevant data conforming to the XSD. Unfortunately I can't use Biztalk as it uses a fixed delimited count. (for example a repeating section contains 10 delimiters, each record represents 2 delimeters therfore that secion incorporates a repeat of 5 rows, unfortunatley the delimiters are of all the same type) I have tried loading the xsd into a project and generated a dataset, but i'm having trouble populating it at complex level. Is this the best way to go...

compare two columns and pull out differences
I have two columns of numbers. I want to know the numbers that do not have a match or are not in both columns. But I need all of each column to be compared to all of the other column...not cell by cell. It would be great if I could pull out the differences and put them in a different column. Looking at two long lists of numbers to pull out the different number is very time consuming! Thanks for any help you can give me! To check column A against column B: =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(A2,B:B,0)),"",A2) vice versa: =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(B2,A:A,0)),"",B2) Any number lis...

Not-trivial reports
Hi everybody, regarding the use of Access reports: is it possible to represent the retrieved records in the form of a table (cells with borders)? (And without separations between records, that is, all the records in the same table). Another question: what is, in your opinion, the best way of inserting text from a word document in a report? I would like to include automatically a few pages of a word document before the data obtained from a report. Thanks in advance, Sergio I don't know about including a portion of a Word document but you can display the borders of your text boxes and...

number of reports
I am using access 97. Is there a way to get number of report instead of manually count it one by one? Thanks. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Could you please be more specific? "number of report" has no real meaning to me. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "hakeem777 via AccessMonster.com" wrote: > I am using access 97. Is there a way to get number of report instead of > manually count it one by one? Thanks. > > -- > Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com > > ...

organising data from lines in word to excel columns #2
I have a word doc which contains lines of text that are formatted into sections like this: Page: Page Name Title: Page Title URL: www.page.com/page-name/ MetaKeywords: keyword 1, keyword 2, keyword 3 Metadescription: Page desc.. There are many of these in the doc that I have which I can copy and paste as plain text into excel but I then need to format them into columns likes so: Page Title URL MetaKeywords Metadescription Page Name Page Title www.page.com/page-name/ keyword 1, keyword 2, keyword 3 Page descr... Does anyo...

Reports 02-14-07
Hi guys, I've just installed CRm on Server 2003 and SQL 2005 when I click on the reports section I get this error "Reports.config has an invalid schema name and could not be loaded" can anyone help please I can access the reports fine from <servername>/Reports and they run fine "Will" wrote: > Hi guys, > > I've just installed CRm on Server 2003 and SQL 2005 when I click on the > reports section I get this error "Reports.config has an invalid schema name > and could not be loaded" can anyone help please This happens because I ...

Rename my "Custom 8" column in Address book ?
Hi, I have a "custom 8" column in my address book, and I would like to rename it... How can I do that ? THX Dennis Denis Forgues <denisforgues@cox.net> wrote: > Hi, > > I have a "custom 8" column in my address book, and I would like to rename > it... > > How can I do that ? Check in the Entourage group where you posted the same question. You should find an answer there ;-)) Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ --- http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com MVP...

Report Filter In DoCmd.PrintOut ?
Hi, I am using the following code to print out to a PDF writer . . DoCmd.SelectObject acReport, "Invoice", True DoCmd.PrintOut My problem is that the Invoice report is normally called with a filter to display a single invoice. When I attempt to print using the above code, it prints all right, but it prints out EVERY record when I only want a single record. How do I pass filter parameters to the report, so that it only prints the invoice which I am interested in and not ALL of the invoices? Also, my user would like it to print directly without first prev...

email report based on unique ID
I need to email reports based on the unique ID in the page header of the report. I have written some code in VB and it's emailing the report but it's emailing the entire report instead of just the one page unique to the employee, it's also prompting me to enter the unique ID for each employee. I just need it to cycle through the query and email the appropriate page to the correct employee. Below is the code I'm using. "Pernr" is the unique ID and the report name is "rptSI". Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks! Private Sub cmdRunRep...

Expression Builder; embedded data from other reports in Summary re
Hi. I think I have a syntax problem I’d appreciate some help with. I have several reports and I’d like to use the data from them to populate a Summary report. I’m using Expression Builder which I think is excellent (for me) as it gives very clear paths to Collections and objects. The data I’m trying to add to the Summary report has been built by summing rows in another report and hence the data is not a table entry. I make a BIG assumption here that as Expression Builder lets you see all your other report, then embedding data from each of those other reports to my Summary ...

Listbox Columns and Code
Hi again, I don't know if I can actually do this with a listbox but what I want is to have a listbox wich displays 2 columns of info from my sheet, which it does, however I want to add an instruction which will change what is displayed in the list. For example the list at present is something like this Name1 0 Name2 1 Name3 2 I want to add an instruction which says something like "If textcolumn2(the 2nd column) = "0" then textcolumn2 = "Home" Obviously the above code is not right but I hope you get what I want to do. The 2nd column in my ...

change label on subFORM in REPORT
I have a REPORT with in it a subFORM Now I have this label (lblMonth) that I want to change. How should I do this? What would be the proper event to do this? The lblMonth should contain the name of the month as jan 07 Any ideas? TIA, Henro Hi If you are referenceing a field. In the subreport header pleace the Date field (or a copy of it). Set the format to mmm yy If you want this month's date In the report header (or sorted field header). Put an unbound text box. Control source = Date() Format = mmm yy Hope this helps -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Henrootje" wrote:...

Drive C: reporting 118GB usage when only 54 GB in use?
I hope someone can offer me some advice on this as it is causing me problems. As I have said in the title, when I check the proerties of my drive C: it shows 118GB usage which I don't think is correct. I only have the SBS 2008 installation plus Kaspersky AV plus one other small program which is using less than 4MB. I have run a DIR list of all files in the drive in a dos window and that shows 54.4GB usage so I don't know where or what the other usage could be. Any advice or suggestions would be gratefully received. Henry Wilt wrote: > I hope someone can offer me som...

Pay Out Report #3
Does anyone have a report that will list pay out transaction details? There is an old post from 2007 that mentions one, but I can't get to the file from a newreader client since it's so old. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mark Marc, Thanks...that's exactly what I was looking for! I really appreciate you taking the time to post that up. Regards, Mark "Marc" wrote: > This was the original report that I found a few years ago. I use this > modified with ReasonCode <> drop because I do not want to see cash drops on > my paid out report. &g...

Building a selection box over streamed video window
I have set-up a dialog box, and created a window to which video is streamed from a framegrabber to. This streaming runs in a thread to decode the image and display it. What i want to do is to produce a mouse selectable rectangle over the streamed video as it is streaming. I have tried to create another window over the streaming video window and draw an rectanlge in it but the video window over write the window. I have tried using the same window for both but the rectangle just flickers in and out. Ideally i want to have streamed video underneth and be able to draw a rectangle over the top of ...