Browse for folder 03-08-08

I want to use the Browse for folder but I would like it to start in a
specified folder. Whenever I use it it starts in the root folder.
Alec

0
paradigm
3/8/2008 8:00:43 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Alec,
If you are using the api from the access web called api 0001, then the
following will allow you to tell the dialog where to open

When you call this function in your code, use the code below.
   ' Now actually call to get the file name.
    varFileName = ahtCommonFileOpenSave( _
                    OpenFile:=True, _
                    InitialDir:=varDirectory, _
                    Filter:=strFilter, _
                    Flags:=lngFlags, _
                    DialogTitle:=varTitleForDialog)
    If Not IsNull(varFileName) Then
        varFileName = TrimNull(varFileName)
    End If
    GetOpenFile = varFileName

On the line
    InitialDir:=varDirectory, _
you can use (example)
      InitialDir:="c:\documents and settings\all users\desktop", _

replace "c:\documents and settings\all users\desktop" with the path and
folder where you want it to open

Jeanette Cunningham

"paradigm" <alecjames1.nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I want to use the Browse for folder but I would like it to start in a
>specified folder. Whenever I use it it starts in the root folder.
> Alec

0
Jeanette
3/8/2008 9:05:55 PM
This uses the file open save dialog and I want to browse for a folder only.

"Jeanette Cunningham" <nnn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Alec,
> If you are using the api from the access web called api 0001, then the
> following will allow you to tell the dialog where to open
>
> When you call this function in your code, use the code below.
>   ' Now actually call to get the file name.
>    varFileName = ahtCommonFileOpenSave( _
>                    OpenFile:=True, _
>                    InitialDir:=varDirectory, _
>                    Filter:=strFilter, _
>                    Flags:=lngFlags, _
>                    DialogTitle:=varTitleForDialog)
>    If Not IsNull(varFileName) Then
>        varFileName = TrimNull(varFileName)
>    End If
>    GetOpenFile = varFileName
>

> On the line
>    InitialDir:=varDirectory, _
> you can use (example)
>      InitialDir:="c:\documents and settings\all users\desktop", _
>
> replace "c:\documents and settings\all users\desktop" with the path and
> folder where you want it to open
>
> Jeanette Cunningham
>

> "paradigm" <alecjames1.nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I want to use the Browse for folder but I would like it to start in a
>>specified folder. Whenever I use it it starts in the root folder.
>> Alec

0
paradigm
3/9/2008 11:36:58 AM
Have a look at this :-

http://www.lebans.com/callbackbrowser.htm

Peter Hibbs.

On Sun, 9 Mar 2008 11:36:58 -0000, "paradigm"
<alecjames1.nospam@hotmail.com> wrote:

>This uses the file open save dialog and I want to browse for a folder only.
>
>"Jeanette Cunningham" <nnn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Alec,
>> If you are using the api from the access web called api 0001, then the
>> following will allow you to tell the dialog where to open
>>
>> When you call this function in your code, use the code below.
>>   ' Now actually call to get the file name.
>>    varFileName = ahtCommonFileOpenSave( _
>>                    OpenFile:=True, _
>>                    InitialDir:=varDirectory, _
>>                    Filter:=strFilter, _
>>                    Flags:=lngFlags, _
>>                    DialogTitle:=varTitleForDialog)
>>    If Not IsNull(varFileName) Then
>>        varFileName = TrimNull(varFileName)
>>    End If
>>    GetOpenFile = varFileName
>>

>> On the line
>>    InitialDir:=varDirectory, _
>> you can use (example)
>>      InitialDir:="c:\documents and settings\all users\desktop", _
>>
>> replace "c:\documents and settings\all users\desktop" with the path and
>> folder where you want it to open
>>
>> Jeanette Cunningham
>>

>> "paradigm" <alecjames1.nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I want to use the Browse for folder but I would like it to start in a
>>>specified folder. Whenever I use it it starts in the root folder.
>>> Alec

0
Peter

deleted emails 03-10-10
how do i retrieve deleted emails from two specific email addresses? sort the deleted items folder on FROM address "blmc" wrote: > how do i retrieve deleted emails from two specific email addresses? ...

Updating a database 08-22-07
Hello, I use to work with a database I created; I run this database in a little business of mine and I use to work in the database in my house. Usually I add new tables, forms, queries and reports in my house and then I go to my business and import the new things. But when I make too many changes it becomes complicated. Does anybody know some way to do this updating process in a better way? Thanks and Regards, Ibrahim -- Ibrahim You should be working with a split frontend/backend database. The backend databse has just your tables and would remain at work. The frontend database has al...

Outlook 03 & eathlink problem
I had a problem getting the e-mail set up for wife using MSW XP office outlook 03 and earthlink.net. I got assistance from earthlink and we kept getting the following message when we try to send a message. ! Task'pop.earthlink.net-sending report error (0x8004010F): The operation failed. An object could not be found. are you using a firewall or have antivirus email scanning enabled? is there an exchange account in the profile? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Ti...

Public Folder Searching
Hello All: I have a small problem that is pretty specific to one of my clients. The server in question is a Windows Server 2003 SBS running the latest service packs. My clients have setup a public contacts list and I have setup public journaling for the list. The problem comes in when I want to make an Activities tab for 'All Items.' For instance, in the actual user mailbox, there is an option in the Contacts' Activities tab that says 'All Items' and this option displays all related items contained in the whole user mailbox. Well in Public Folders, you can&#...

Outlook 2007 I want to create a search folder that contains compound criteria (search for x AND y). In the Search Folder Criteria dialog box, on the Advanced tab, there is a "More Advanced..." button, but it is grayed out. How do I enable that button, and is there a way to create a search folder with compound criteria? --Tom Hello Tom, You need to enable the query builder, see this microsoft Knowledgebase article http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D307922 On Dec 17 2008, 3:52=A0pm, "Thomas M." <NoEmailRepl...@Please.com> wrote: > Outlook 2007 > &g...

How to move text file attachement to desired folder
Hello, I have problem how to automatically move email text file attachement to desired folder after the email is received. Regards Pawel K. See this software: http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/prods/prod03.html -- Ricardo Silva [Outlook MVP] Add-ins for Microsoft(c) Outlook(c) http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/products.html "PK" <nadzibullach@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message news:dorppo$4vg$1@news.onet.pl... > > I have problem how to automatically move email text file attachement to > desired folder after the email is received. http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/...

Is there an option in Outlook '03 to confirm before closing?
Many times I will inadvertantly X out of Outlook and will have synch issues when I restart immediately. Is there an option that asks "Are you sure you want to close Outlook?" I know there is an option that asks to confirm before permanently deleting messages, but I haven't found one that will allow you to abort closing Outlook. Any ideas? "Cashman" <Cashman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF1544E7-0D2F-4BC8-8BC0-FEA9EC40FEA5@microsoft.com... > Many times I will inadvertantly X out of Outlook and will have synch issues > when ...

Public Folders show up twice in folder pane
It's an exact duplicate. How do I fix it so there is only one "Public Folders"? Thanks in advance. To clarify...it's the mail tab. Outlook 2003 on my home computer. "Tull" <tull@outgun.com> wrote in message news:4i86v6F2l2kaU1@individual.net... > It's an exact duplicate. How do I fix it so there is only one "Public > Folders"? > > Thanks in advance. > ...

Simple Public Folders question..
How do i prevent users (outside of administrators) from creating Public Folders or Public Folder items? Exchange 2003 native mode, all Outlook 2003 clients. Thanks. Wait, never mind. I found it. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328808/en-us "jim" <jim@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message news:%23LvDOEmXGHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How do i prevent users (outside of administrators) from creating Public > Folders or Public Folder items? > > Exchange 2003 native mode, all Outlook 2003 clients. > > Thanks. > On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 15:10:17 -0400, &quo...

Get an error when opening Public Folders
When trying to open public folders in Exchange System manager. the token supplied to the function is invalid. id no. 80090308. Do I need a MAPI client on the server like Outlook? I always thought it was a big no no to put Outlook on the same box as Exchange is installed. Thanks On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 16:35:02 -0800, "John McCoy" <JohnMcCoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When trying to open public folders in Exchange System manager. the token >supplied to the function is invalid. id no. 80090308. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=324345 > >Do I need a MAPI cl...

Public folders in OWA opening in new window
Does anyone know if there is a way to have the public folders NOT open in a new window in Exchange 2003 OWA? thanks in advance... -- KS ...

Remove Calendar items from Favorites Folder Outlook 2003
How do I remove the calendar, and notes items from my Favorite Folders navigation area under Mail? When I right click on the objects I'm not presented with a Remove from Favorites option. ...

Simple public folder permission problem
I have a public task list folder. However even though I have given everyone "Author" priviledges and full control of the directory, users cannot update the tasks (although they can create new ones). The changes to tasks get reset to their original values. Where should I look to fix this problem? Brian How did you grant Author Access, via Outlook or ESM? What do you meanyou gave them full control of the directory? "Brian Taylor" <taylorb@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message news:e2hwumGrEHA.1160@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have a public task list folder. Ho...

Public folder permissions
A user is an owner to a public folder, but when tries to create a subfolder receives message that they do not have permission.We are using Outlook 2003 and Exchange server 2003. Thanks, Ed ...

And this folder is for ....
Outlook Express has a Buld mail folder could any one tell me what this folder is for. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie...

Reading other users 'sent items' folders
Hi all, When using delegate access - Is there 'any' way of granting access for others to view the sent items folder? This does not appear as an option. Alternatively is there any other method to implement this? Many thanks - ras - Hi Craig! In Outlook you can right-click on Sent Items, select Properties, open Permissions tab and delegate appropriate permissions for other users. R.V. "Craig Pilkington" wrote: > Hi all, > > When using delegate access - Is there 'any' way of granting access for > others to view the sent items folder? This does n...

(DS/IS) consistency adjuster prior to moving Public folders from 5.5 to E2k3 and Nov 2004 Update Rollup
We're moving our exchange system from 5.5 to 2003 and we are ready to move the public folders. In my readings it says to run the (DS/IS) consistency adjuster on the 5.5 side to remove sids from the PF tree but the consistency adjuster does more than this which may have some side effects. Exchange 5.5 has a new rollup package dated Nov/Dec 2004 which has a fix for the consistency adjuster and exchange 2003 SP1. This rollup package fixes problems with the (DS/IS) consistency adjuster as read here: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836489 The rollup states that the previous May 2004 ...

Folder positions/tab
How do you set folder hierarchy for InBox. Each new one want to indent and I want it outdented to far left as other personal folders exist. Thanks Hi Tom, To create a new folder on the same level as your Inbox you need to select the Personal Folder file at the very top level, then right-click and choose new folder. If you have the Inbox selected when you create a folder, it will create it as a subfolder. Thanks, Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA Partner Technical Lead - Outlook Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications -------------------- >Content-Class: urn:conte...

Can I password protect a folder in Outlook?
I want to protect a folder I created with a password You can password protect the entire .pst but not individual folders. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, glynne asked: | I want to protect a folder I created with a password ...

How to create Office Sta 03 from a picture? #2
Just posting one help question, here's the second: Again regarding Creating Stationary for Outlook?! Again, reminding those I'm no "geek" in any respect, wishing one day I was, but it "ain't happened yet"! I depend & reply on those with the knowledge - so someone - please help! ONE TIME I was successful in taking an image, inserting into PAINT, fix'g the way I wanted it to show itself, saving same as an image, with the apparent default being Bitmap, wanting to save as another type - mainly that of Internet Explorer! HOW do I do it? As shared, ...

Public Folder Administration.
Hi, I have been searching the web and Technet on details for pfinfo and pfadmin. What I need to do is run a report on the public folders and find out the size of each public folder and branches. I would also like to find out if they are in sync. We are trying to replicate all of our Public Folders to a central site, I need to find out what the size is of each Public Folder that is hosted on that server, and then check that it has all replicated to the central site. I have been looking for documentation on pfinfo and pfadmin but have not found anything I can use. My system is W2k3 + E2k3 ...

have to migrate sytem folder?
Hello during migrate exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003, failed to move public folder and system folder with pfmigrate.wsf tool. there is no any shared data in public folder, but does system folder contain any exchange data that needs to be migrate to new exchange 2003? or it doesn't matter ? this is a simple email server, not provide those offline address book and schedule ... Thanks, Gary Gary: The System Folder contains a couple of different folders that might OR might not be necessary. Probably the most important is the Organization Forms library (or libraries depending ...

Public Folder Replication has stopped
We have 2 exchange servers EX2000 standard and EX20003 standard. I am trying to remove the ex2000 but I can not get the public folders to replicate. I have gone through the MS's trouble shooting doc, but I am receiving no error messages. I can see the SMTP messages going back and forth between the servers just fine. However, on the ex2003 I receive a "SMTP Driver: Message Delivered locally ...." message, but the ex2000 stops at "SMTP: Started Message Submision to Advanced Queue." The other thing I have noticed is that the event log on ex2000 does not have ...

Accidental deletion of Unread Mail Folder
Hello. I am using Outlook 2003, and by accident, I deleted the Unread Mail folder from my Favorite Folders list. Is there any way to restore it? Or, I can create a new folder, but how do I get it to contain only unread mail? Thanks for your help! -Matt If you right click the root search folder and select New Search Folder > Unread Mail, once it is created right click Unread Folder and choose Customize this folder and use the Browse button to select what folders/sub folders to include. "Matt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09e501c3d9de$6c...