Bringing Sharepoint list data back online after working offline

I've got an Access 2007 app that is using Sharepoint (MOSS 2007) lists as my
data store.

Some of my users are experiencing extreme latency issues, so I'm testing
allowing them to take the data offline, and then resynch later.  Taking it
offline via a popup menu works great, and really speeds up the application.
I use

Docmd.runcommand acCmdToggleOffline

to take the data offline.

I'm still testing taking the data back on line, making sure the one-to-many
and many-to-many relationships that are built while offline make it back into
the lists appropriately, and the resolution of change conflicts.  If anyone
can comment on their experiences in this area, I'd appreciate it.

My problem is that I have not been able to locate the appropriate runcommand
constant to put the data back online.  So far, I have had to use the ribbons
bar to do this, but I generally hide the ribbon from my users.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

----
HTH
Dale

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

I set up a customer using the www.AccessTables.com service as they were
geographically separated - -  Sharepoint (or any web architecture) wasn't a
viable solution for them.

If I understand you correctly and you are sending the data to their local
site -for good local response time...then when you consolidate the data back
at the sharepoint site....so one needs to be careful on the replication
logic.

"Dale Fye" wrote:

> I've got an Access 2007 app that is using Sharepoint (MOSS 2007) lists as my
> data store.
>
> Some of my users are experiencing extreme latency issues, so I'm testing
> allowing them to take the data offline, and then resynch later.  Taking it
> offline via a popup menu works great, and really speeds up the application.
> I use
>
> Docmd.runcommand acCmdToggleOffline
>
> to take the data offline.
>
> I'm still testing taking the data back on line, making sure the one-to-many
> and many-to-many relationships that are built while offline make it back into
> the lists appropriately, and the resolution of change conflicts.  If anyone
> can comment on their experiences in this area, I'd appreciate it.
>
> My problem is that I have not been able to locate the appropriate runcommand
> constant to put the data back online.  So far, I have had to use the ribbons
> bar to do this, but I generally hide the ribbon from my users.  Any help
> would be greatly appreciated.
>

> ----
> HTH
> Dale

Hide data range for a graph
When I hide the data range for the bar graph, a blank graph except the graph title appears eventhough I checked back the data range, it still shows the original data range before the data range is hidden. Would appreciate your help on this. Thank you. Select the chart Choose Tools>Options On the Chart tab, remove the check mark from 'Plot visible cells only' Click OK ylchen@hla.hongleong.com.my wrote: > When I hide the data range for the bar graph, a blank > graph except the graph title appears eventhough I checked > back the data range, it still shows the original...

Exporting all Outlook data for Contact Manager import
I exported each of the folders for Contacts, Calendar and Tasks so that I could import into a contact manager. I do not see any common field ID that links these tables together. How do you get the data out of Outlook so you can import/reassemble in another program? ...

Searching for data and inserting new rows
Hi I have a spreadsheet from one of our clothing suppliers, which I am going to import into our database for ordering. The format is: Part No. / Description / Price / Size The size is given as a range (i.e M-XL) for each item of clothing What I want to do is analyse the size range and extract what sizes are available, then insert new rows for each of these sizes So, M-XL becomes: Part No/ Description / Price / M Part No / Description / Price / L Part No / Description / Price / XL I've got over 800 individual lines to do, so any help on automating this task would be helpful!! Thanks ...

Weird SFO online/offline Sync question
Here's the scenario. I have a user that has an off-line copy of the db. They have been updating it off-line for about a week. During the time that they recevied a sync from the CRM server I had to rebuild it due to an AD problem. This is a very new implementation and the majority of users had not begun to use the system yet. The CRM server has been rebuilt in a duplicate manner to when the user received the off-line sync, minus the role that the user had. My question that I hope someone might have some insight into is what would happen if I tried to sync their 'old' o...

Get full path directory list on both recursive and non-recursive dir command
This post could easily be titled "Why Unix is so much better than Windows", but that would likely ruffle a few feathers... I have the following seemingly simple requirements: 1) Directory list of *.foo files, recursive to a particular root directory 2) Directory list of *.foo files, in the root directory only The list has to be returned as a full path to the files. What works (returns full path) 1) dir "C:\Path\To\My\Files\*.foo" /b /s What fails (returns filename only) 2) dir "C:\Path\To\My\Files\*.foo" /b I've also investigated t...

Lists and controls suggestions
Hello, I need a list view (report only) that have two or more columns containing text only strings (not editable) but the last one should be a control (suc as a normal editable field, a button, a listbox or a checkbox). How I can do it or where I can found a free ActiveX control that do this for me? Thanks! Gaetano Here are controls that will do most of what you want http://www.codeguru.com/listview/PropertyListCtrl.shtml http://www.codeguru.com/listview/PropertyWindow.html http://www.codeguru.com/listview/property_list_tang.shtml Look in here for other stuff http://www.codeguru.com/listv...

formatting DATA bars
I've just discovered that 007 has an interesting "style" feature: data bars. -- it took me a while. Data bars are horizontal single-cell bars based on the cell's numeric value. Unfortunately, each bar is shaded in two-colors (one of them white) and tends to fade out on the right hand side of the bar. If anything, it would be better to fade out on the left hand side. Is there anyway to format the shading (like you can do on bar chart bars)? I know how to do this using the Webdings font and the letter "g" --and that approach has several advantages, including vert...

Resetting the Other Users Folders list
Re: Outlook 2003 When accessing another user's Calendar that you have been granted permissions to, a reference to that person's calendar appears in the lower part of the File > Open > Other User's Folder menu. I have not been able to determine how to clear or reset this menu. And unlike the adaptive menus in other Office applications, these references have not removed themselves even though the shared calendars are no longer accessed. Any suggestions? Thanks, jm ...

Pulling Data 04-01-10
I have a large range of data that I would like to pull information from based on several factors. There may be more then one outcome. Is there anyway to pull that information and put it in a table on a different worksheet? If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line 3. You send a clear explanation of what you want 4. You send before/after examples and expected results. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid S...

Add Extra Column to List Box
I am trying to add an extra column to my "Distribute Invoice" List Box I would like "Distribute Invoice" to show tblInvoice_ItMdt.TotalAmount" like Holding Invoice does Thanks for any help with this................Regards Bob ***Holding Invoices**** lstModify.RowSource = "SELECT tblInvoice_ItMdt.IntermediateID," _ & " tblInvoice_ItMdt.HorseID," _ & " funGetHorse(0,tblInvoice_ItMdt.HorseID,false) AS Name," _ & " tblInvoice_ItMdt.TotalAmount" _ & " FROM tblInvoice_ItMdt INNER JOIN tblHorseInf...

how to draw a curve from data in excel?
I would like to draw a curve from two series of data by using excel. Series of Price and Quantity. Thank for helping me Hi Dlamk See if the article at http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/index.html does what you want. Regards, Pedro J. > I would like to draw a curve from two series of data by using excel. Series > of Price and Quantity. > Thank for helping me See Drawing Supply and Demand curves in Excel http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/supply_and_demand/index.htm Or, maybe, all you want to know is that you should put the quantity in the 1st column, the price in t...

Dynamic charts
I am familiar with doing dynamic charts when the data is in columns, but have another workbook that has the data in rows instead. How do I do a dynamic chart from this data? I have quite a bit of information already in this workbook so I do not want to redo the file to make it work. Thanks for any help. If you use OFFSET to define the dynamic ranges, you just need to adjust which arguments are which. The syntax of OFFSET is =OFFSET(reference range, row offset, column offset, row height, column width) Instead of defining a range in terms of a variable number of rows: =OFFSET(Sheet1!...

saving dbf file without losing data
How do I save new info on a dbf file without losing the data in the save? I read the excel help and it said to set the data range but, I do not know what to do. Thanks ...

Charting quarterly data in XL2000
Just curious if there is a way to make a quarterly bar chart as a time-scale and not have gaps between the bars. I would prefer not to use a category axis I am also trying to avoid turning the numbers into monthly data. If not, I think it would be a good addition Well, a time scale, by definition, will have to account for all the time between the ends of the quarters. So, if you don't want a category axis (I have no idea why not) and don't want a gap between the bars, I believe you might be stuck. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPo...

Undo work in Publisher
Yesterday I worked on a document, saved it, etc. Today I have been working on the same document. Saving changes when reminded, etc. Was about to finish for the night and thought I'd review the whole document. I think that at some time while working on the document yesterday I made a mistake, in fact deleted a large chunk of work. Is there any way to return way, way back to retrieve this? I have now saved the document as v2, so I have v1 to work on. All advice greatly received - distressed Might look in the temp folder. In Windows Explorer, in the address bar type %temp%, fin...

OWA Front end doesnt work after SP2
After a little testing it was determined that if you try to access you OWA account through the Front End server it does not work properly. If you log in to Servername/exchange then all is fine. Any ideas would be great. Thanks Heith wrote: > After a little testing it was determined that if you try to access you OWA > account through the Front End server it does not work properly. If you log > in to Servername/exchange then all is fine. > > Any ideas would be great. > > Thanks > Heith, It doesn't help if you keep repeating your question with a differe...

Data Validation #61
I have a cell that has a format of Percentage with 1 decimal. I want to add data validation to that cell so that it only allows between 0% and 100%. I set up some data validation to allow decimal between 0 and 100. When I type a number in that cell, such as 344, it automatically adds the % sign to the end and it allows that number. Is there a way to fix this? -- LAF ------------------------------------------------------------------------ LAF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9656 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?thre...

data validation #2
how can i assign data validation to cell A1 with a custom formula that would say: if C1=0 then SHOW ERROR MESSAGE i want to not be able to enter anything into A1 until the value in C1 is greater than 0. TIA Select A1, Choose Data/Validation/Custom and enter =C1>0 in the textbox. Uncheck the Ignore blanks checkbox. Enter your error message in the error tab. In article <01c301c348c2$1faccee0$a301280a@phx.gbl>, "spence" <spence524@carolina.rr.com> wrote: > how can i assign data validation to cell A1 with a custom > formula that would say: if C1=0 then SHO...

Copy Data From Main To Sub Form
Hi everyone! Using A02 on XP. I have a main form [ICSUpgrade2008MainForm] with some data on it that I would like to copy down to my subform [ICSUpgrade2008SubForm] when I click a button on the subform. The Main Form field is: [Forms]![ICSUpgrade2008MainForm]![Trustee] and the Sub Form field is [Forms]![ICSUpgrade2008SubForm]![ContactName]. I want to copy the name from [Trustee] to [ContactName]. I've played with me.contactname = and can't figure out the mainform field. Do I have to create an unbound field on my subform to = the mainform field and copy that way? Seems a b...

Excel 2003
I have created a list called 'FullName' which will be added to with a macro. When using this list in a cell using Conditional formatting is it possible to have the dropdown list sorted in alpha order without having to put the original list through a manual sort or macro sort beforehand? Any advice would be appreciated Thanks BJ ...

How to create a reference using VBA to a source list in different Workbook?
Can someone point me in the right direction? I need to perform the the equivalent of the following steps using VBA code instead of manual entry. Create a Reference to the Source List 1.. Open the workbook in which you wish to use the list in Data Validation. 2.. Choose Insert>Name>Define 3.. Type a name for the List, e.g. MyList 4.. In the refers to box, type a reference to the named range. Start with an equal sign, then the workbook name and an exclamation mark, followed by the range name, e.g. =DataValWb.xls!CustName 5.. Click OK Thanks, Keith ...

Out of Office not working
All of a sudden, numerous users are reporting that they cannot change their out of office messages. Or to put it more accurately, they make a change (for example, turning OOO off), and it looks like it took the change, but the system still keeps sending OOO messages. I had them try to make the change via OWA, and same result... it looks like it took the change, but has no effect. We are running Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2007. Have any of you seen this before, and do you know what I can do? Any help is appreciated! Thanks! Sounds like you're having problems with Exc...

Order/Invoice Work and History tables
We use the Scribe Great Plains adapter to pass in and process orders and invoices. Off and on we have failures for one reason or another when passing the transactions. My question is: when are the SOPTYPE 2 [orders] moved from the SOP10100 & SOP10200 work tables to the SOP30200 & SOP30300 History tables? In our case we have ended up with some order transaction records still in the work tables after the corresponding invoices have processed through and been posted. I assume that the order should be in history if it has already been invoiced. I would like to know which records should...

concatenate data problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0010_01C785EC.704C8EB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have the following formula =3DCONCATENATE(B13,AY13,"-",C13,"-",D13,"-",E13,IF(F13=3D"","","-"&G13&AY= 13&"/"&F13)) to return the following text 2.5"-MS-1302-01CS-1SW-2.5"/ST the problem is that cells B13 & G13 are formatted as "Fraction" and = display 2 1/2, but the formula result displays ...

Cumulative data charts
Hi, Is it possible to create a chart which is linked to a table of individual months' figures but charts the CUMULATIVE year to date figures? I know I can create a table with the cumulative data to link it to but what I would like to have is the individual monthly figures showing in the data table but the year to date figures plotted. Any help would be much appreciated. How about: column A - months column B - data column C - cumulative Make chart from A,B and C Format B data with no markers & no lines (i.e. invisible) Both sets of data show on table Any help? -- Bernard V Liengm...