Automation object in office template

I’m not sure which area to post this in.  Anyway, I’m trying to use an Access
2007 template (nutrition) I found on MicroSoft’s site, but in 2003.  I
downloaded it on a co-workers computer, saved it for 2003 and opened it on my
computer.  Right off the bat I get a “The object doesn’t contain the
Automation object ‘IsTrusted’” message.  I have no idea what this means and
how can I fix it or get rid of it.  Any ideas?  Thank you!
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

If the database format is accdb, you will have to cobvert it to an mdb using
Access 2007, before you can use it in Access 2003. The accdb format is not
backwards compatible.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"cathyt" <cathyt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm not sure which area to post this in.  Anyway, I'm trying to use an
> Access
> 2007 template (nutrition) I found on MicroSoft's site, but in 2003.  I
> downloaded it on a co-workers computer, saved it for 2003 and opened it on
> my
> computer.  Right off the bat I get a "The object doesn't contain the
> Automation object 'IsTrusted'" message.  I have no idea what this means
> and
> how can I fix it or get rid of it.  Any ideas?  Thank you!

0
Arvin
4/7/2010 3:29:23 PM
Arvin, thanks for the reply.  I did convert the database using 2007 following
instructions I found from Allen Browne on a different post.  Maybe I should
try again...  Thanks!

"Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:

> If the database format is accdb, you will have to cobvert it to an mdb using
> Access 2007, before you can use it in Access 2003. The accdb format is not
> backwards compatible.
> --
> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> http://www.datastrat.com
> http://www.accessmvp.com
> http://www.mvps.org/access
>

> "cathyt" <cathyt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm not sure which area to post this in.  Anyway, I'm trying to use an
> > Access
> > 2007 template (nutrition) I found on MicroSoft's site, but in 2003.  I
> > downloaded it on a co-workers computer, saved it for 2003 and opened it on
> > my
> > computer.  Right off the bat I get a "The object doesn't contain the
> > Automation object 'IsTrusted'" message.  I have no idea what this means
> > and
> > how can I fix it or get rid of it.  Any ideas?  Thank you!
>

> .

I wouldn't bother. This database uses features ONLY found in Access
2007 such as embedded Macros (as far as I can see there is not a
single line of VBA code in the whole database). Since Access 2003 does
not support embedded Macros it is never going to work in this version.
You could convert it to 2003 and then add the VBA code to get it
working but this would be a mammoth task and not worth the effort.

Your only option is to use it in 2007 (perhaps you could use the free
Run-Time version of 2007).

Peter Hibbs.

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 10:31:01 -0700, cathyt
<cathyt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Arvin, thanks for the reply.  I did convert the database using 2007 following
>instructions I found from Allen Browne on a different post.  Maybe I should
>try again...  Thanks!
>
>"Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> If the database format is accdb, you will have to cobvert it to an mdb using
>> Access 2007, before you can use it in Access 2003. The accdb format is not
>> backwards compatible.
>> --
>> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
>> http://www.datastrat.com
>> http://www.accessmvp.com
>> http://www.mvps.org/access
>>

>> "cathyt" <cathyt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm not sure which area to post this in.  Anyway, I'm trying to use an
>> > Access
>> > 2007 template (nutrition) I found on MicroSoft's site, but in 2003.  I
>> > downloaded it on a co-workers computer, saved it for 2003 and opened it on
>> > my
>> > computer.  Right off the bat I get a "The object doesn't contain the
>> > Automation object 'IsTrusted'" message.  I have no idea what this means
>> > and
>> > how can I fix it or get rid of it.  Any ideas?  Thank you!
>>

>> .

0
Peter
4/8/2010 1:36:08 PM
I don't use templates (except for my own) so I hadn't thought about Peter's
reply. He is exactly right. One other thing. I've recently come across
problems with mdb's no longer working in Access 2003 if they had been
compacted in Access 2007, which almost assuredly happened at some point. See
if you can find a version in the 2003 template list.
--

> Arvin, thanks for the reply.  I did convert the database using 2007
> following
> instructions I found from Allen Browne on a different post.  Maybe I
> should
> try again...  Thanks!
>
> "Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> If the database format is accdb, you will have to cobvert it to an mdb
>> using
>> Access 2007, before you can use it in Access 2003. The accdb format is
>> not
>> backwards compatible.
>> --
>> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
>> http://www.datastrat.com
>> http://www.accessmvp.com
>> http://www.mvps.org/access
>>

>> "cathyt" <cathyt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm not sure which area to post this in.  Anyway, I'm trying to use an
>> > Access
>> > 2007 template (nutrition) I found on MicroSoft's site, but in 2003.  I
>> > downloaded it on a co-workers computer, saved it for 2003 and opened it
>> > on
>> > my
>> > computer.  Right off the bat I get a "The object doesn't contain the
>> > Automation object 'IsTrusted'" message.  I have no idea what this means
>> > and
>> > how can I fix it or get rid of it.  Any ideas?  Thank you!
>>

>> .

0
Arvin

excel template wizard #5
When opening an xls file the warning "cannot open template wizard" comes up. it has been years since I played with the template wizard (useless to me) so now how can I get rid of the warning? Thanks Henry CCBW ...

Conflict in Office...
I'm using v11.3 of Office:mac on three iMacs. One G5 and two G3's on a home network. The G3's can run simultaneously all the Office applications but not with the G5 running an app. I know the G5 had a trial version of Office, did that somehow interfere to cause this problem and is there a fix that I can apply to the G5 to resolve the conflict. My Office:mac has three Product Keys. The G5 was upgraded from a G3 and it used to work fine simultaneous before the hardware upgrade. The G5 runs the apps just fine. Running latest Mac OSX on the G5 and OS X 10.3.9 on the G3's. ...

Unable to install RMS on Home Office Computer
I am trying to get RMS set up on my home office computer so I can manipulate the data, write and test reports, without doing damage to our actual data at work. Unfortunately, the installation routine will not let me install the MSDE. Here's the contents of the installation error log: 2005-03-02 17:00:26.92 server Server Process ID is 3720. 2005-03-02 17:00:26.92 server Logging SQL Server messages in file 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\LOG\ERRORLOG'. 2005-03-02 17:00:26.95 server SQL Server is starting at priority class 'normal'(2 CPUs detected). 20...

Out of Office auto-reply
If I turn on my Out of Office auto-reply and then someone sends an email to a distribution list that I'm a member of, will my Out of Office reply get sent to that person? If they are internal to your exchange organization, yes. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, AlfredCM asked: | If I turn on my Out of Office auto-reply and then someone sends an | email to a distribution lis...

Calendar Templates #3
I have modified the January page of one of the standard templates and now I want to apply this to all months. How do I do this please? Malcolm You can only do this by copying January, pasting it to an inserted page, tab through the calendar table to change the dates and changing January text to February text. Repeat for each month. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "oakridge" <norwichhouse.oakridge@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:CE89570C-E8A5-449D-83E1-FE8155830AD9@microsoft.com... >I have modified the January page of one of the standard templates and ...

Form Fields In Outlook Template
Help !!! I'm not a developer, just a user, but I need some help. What I want to do is create an Outlook 2003 template, that uses form fields (Text, drop down boxes, etc.....) However, it looks like to properly create an Outlook template, you cannot use Word as your editor. But if I do not use Word as the editor, then I cannot access the Form Toolbar. This cannot be a new request - but I just cannot seem to figure this out. Help !!! Thank you See my response to your other post on this issue.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart...

Microsoft Office Outlook Cannot be open
I cannot hide my problem anymore, i try and try to me alone no solution, so you can help me out . Each time i start my microsoft office outlook it will tell me cannot start microsoft office outlook. cannot open the outlook window. the set of folders cannot be opened. information store could not be opened. pls help me out . Does it open with the Safe Switch Start > Run > outlook.exe /resetnavpane (notice the space between outlook.exe and /resetnavpane) If Outlook opens with the above then you have a bad Add On. Disable all the Add Ons and then enable them back...

Six Week Cash Flow Forecast Template
I need a six week cash flow template which includes the following: Beginning checking account balance Accounts Receivable: 30 day 60 day 90 day over 90 Payroll is biweekly Payroll taxes (due on the 15th of each month) ABC Vendor total amount due) (amount is current, terms 2/10 net 30) CBS Vendor total due (currently on COD) Monthly truck lease Payment on building Accountant Telephone, (average) due on the 20th of the month Utilities, (average) due on the 4th of each month All sales are posted to Accounts Receivable, averages sales of $6000 per week. Cost of goods...

is Turkish proof supported by office 2008?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop hi, <br> I've tasted office 2008 in my mac and it is powerful. But, as being an editor, I really really need Turkish proofing support but as I can see I think there is no any support for that.(At least I couldn't find any in my trail version) <br><br>I had sent a feedback about that but I wanted to know any information about this issue. will MS support it or not? if so, when. Or maybe full version support it? If it is possible to know I will be glad. <br><br...

Automation Error
While running VBA code on the .open event I get the following error: Automation Error the specified procedure could not be found. -Z147024769. Can you let me know what causes this. Can you get to the debug window ? If so .. What line does it stop at ? View/Call stack .. will show what subroutine is active -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Automated script for printing reports
I was just curious as to if anyone knew how to screate an automated script to print a specific report to my office printer at the end of the night? Basically I would like my tender reports to be printed to my printer in my office at the same time every night. You could create a batch file, use OSQL to write output to a file based on the data you need, then send the data to a printer (>LPT1). Concept only. No time to give all instructions... "Scott Santorio" <scott@tt-newyork.com> wrote in message news:ufROcwUUIHA.5404@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I was just curiou...

Office CD-Key
I am on business in the Philippines and i updated my office program at mactopia so i could use entourage, when i try and use the applications after update i need my cd key, my wife is back home frantically searching for our original box, does anyone know if microsoft keeps a record on their side and if they would provide that information, i know it sounds like bs but really in a bind Situation 1: Was this a sealed copy? If you bought it opened or from eBay, it's no surprise, as keys which are known to have been pirated have been disabled. Sorry, you'll need to buy a licensed copy. ...

How do I locate my serial numbers on installed versions of Office 2004?
Hello: I have five licenses of Office 2004 Professional running in my studio, and five sets of install discs. Unfortunately, when we did the installs we did not label the sets of discs with their corresponding users, so I don't know which set of discs is installed on which computer. One of those five computers has just been replaced, and I need to re-install a copy of Office on the new computer - but which one? I need to check and verify which serial number is being used on each computer, so I can tell which one can be installed - but I cannot find the serial nubmers anywhere on the co...

how to find product keys for office home and student 2007'trial'
i've just bought a new emachine with a pre installed 60-day trial of office home and student 2007. i'm being prompted to enter a product key but have never been able to locate it. "willibaba" <willibaba@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39E04EA3-7757-43B4-B837-EB99C3AE6BBF@microsoft.com... > i've just bought a new emachine with a pre installed 60-day trial of > office > home and student 2007. i'm being prompted to enter a product key but have > never been able to locate it. From this MS Support page: http://support....

Publisher Template for a Book
Hi there, does anybody have a Publisher template for a book (200 pages, table of content, glossary, etc.)? Any hint is very welcome. Regards, Silvano Word is the word. Publisher does not support TOC, footnotes, etc. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Silvano" <Silvano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D50ABF65-3C9D-4720-A0AE-074F43725135@microsoft.com... > Hi there, does anybody have a Publisher template for a book (200 pages, table > of content, glossary, etc.)? Any hint is very we...

Not a recognized object type
Hello, When trying to create a new activity in Outlook, this error message appear: "4200 is not a recognized object type" Does anyone know what it means? Thanks! is it with a specific activity type or with all of them? Do you have any custom code behind any activity? Do you get error when u create them from web client? ------ Aamir Blog = http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ Not a specific activity. I don't know about the code behind, but it's only in Outlook. Thanks. "Aamir Bashir" wrote: > is it with a specific activity type or with all of them? > ...

DPM 2010 RC automated install part 2
Hello all, I have been working on getting an automated install working for my standard. I have used the below Options .ini file and script to get it work successfully when using a standard install. Would anybody be able to help me get this install working when I want the SQL database to exist on a remote server? Thanks. "start /wait setup.exe /i /f c:\Dpmsetup.ini /l c:\dpmlog.txt" [OPTIONS] (.ini file) UserName=User name CompanyName=Company name ProductKey=xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx SqlAccountPassword=Password~1 StandardAgentLicenses=10 EnterpriseAgentLicen...

Permission to use object denied
I'm trying to use Excel 97 on an XP machine, this happens whenever I open a workbook with a macro. I believe this has something to do with XP's security, has anyone figured a way around it to make Excel 97 work in XP? -- reybie ------------------------------------------------------------------------ reybie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27856 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=473642 ...

store a object from memory to disk
my code like this: CComand<CDynamicStringAccessor> rs0; ... rs0.Open( session,sqlstr,&ps); CFile theFile; theFile.Open(curdir+"db.dat",CFile::modeWrite); CArchive ar(&theFile, CArchive::store); ar.WriteObject((CObject *)&rs0); when it runs to ar.WriteObject((CObject *)&rs0),the system always report error: the memory "0x00000001" used by code "0x00000001" can not be read what wrong with it ? CCommand is a ole_DB consumer templates class,it is used to set and execute a ole_db command I think all mfc class is a CObje...

How to make a .XLTM template file default to save as .XLSM type?
I have a Excel 2007 macro-enabled template (.XLTM) which I use regularly. Whenever I open this template then use save or save as to create a new file the default workbook type of .XLSX is selected instead of .XLSM. How can I change the default behaviour for this template to automatically select a .XLSM format in the "Save As" dialog wihtout changing it for every document as happens by using the 'Excel Options>>Save>>Save Files in this Format' drop down box. Cheers Perhaps some code in ThisWorkbook module of the Template; Private Sub Workbook_B...

Receipt template
Hi! I'm making custom receipt template. I use different headers ("OverlayFirstPage" and "OverlayOnlyPage" differs from "OverlayMiddlePage" and "OverlayLastPage"). Problem is that these headers are of quite different size and there is a lot of space between header and document section on middle and last page. Can I define different <TOP> parameters in <DOCUMENT> depending on what page it is (or what overlay uses)? Thanks, Koit I got it myself, using page number: <IF> <CONDITION>\p=1 | \p=\t</CONDITION> <T...

Manually sever the connection to a template?
I am using Word 2007. It is my understanding that Word can derive some formatting and layout information from as many as three "templates" at the same time for a single open document: 1. The document itself functions as its own template. 2. The ?????.dotx file the document was originally based on. 3. Normal.dotx, the global template. For many of my documents, when I select Developer tab > Document Template > Organizer, I see the above three sources in the "Styles available in" field on the Organizer window. I would like to manually sever the docu...

Automate DELETE of TRASH
On my Exchange 2003 Server...HOW do I periodically AUTOMATE the deletion of TRASH items for all users? Thanks. You can create a Mailbox Management recipient policy. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319188/ GW wrote: > On my Exchange 2003 Server...HOW do I periodically AUTOMATE the deletion of > TRASH items for all users? > > Thanks. > > ...

Problems Installing Mac Office 2008 Home/Student Over Mac Office 2008 Trial
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Tried to install Mac Office 2008 Home/Student over an expired Mac Office 2008 Trial and ran into problems, when the application downloaded and tried to install Office 2008 12.2.0. MS Mac Support indicated that I needed to reinstall Snow Leopard. Thought that this was a bizarre solution. Has anyone else ran into this problem? Does anyone have a workaround that they can recommend? Appreciate any and all prompt responses. Many Thanks. ...

Office 2003/XP/2000 to be converted to 97
I created add-ins (Excel & PowerPoint) for Office 97/2000/XP/2003. Each client may have different machines with different Office versions. If a user has Office 2003 and wants to give the Excel Workbook or Power Point Presentation to a user with office 2000, do I have to use the following command ? activeworkbook.saveas "C:\aa.xls", xls9795 (I don't remember exactly the parameter) I noticed that by saving it like this, especially the presentations, their size becomes 3/4 times more (from 4MB it becomes 12MB). What are your suggestions ? "Save As" changes the file...