Autoexec macro code

Hope someone can help.

Looking for suitable autoexec macro code to open my database automatically.

My database does not have a switchboard. Not sure if I need one to do this.

Thanks, regards, Paul.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Hi Paul,

If your database doesn't have a switchboard, what is it that you want to
open automatically when your database opens?  Try setting the startup
properties if you want to open a specific form - right click on the database
window and left click on "Startup".

Hope this helps.

Damian.

Paul wrote:
> Hope someone can help.
>
> Looking for suitable autoexec macro code to open my database
> automatically.
>
> My database does not have a switchboard. Not sure if I need one to do
> this.
>
> Thanks, regards, Paul.

    Do you mean you want the database to open when the user starts their
machine each day or do you want it to open a specific database when someone
starts Access?  What do you want to start and when?

--
Joseph Meehan

 Dia 's Muire duit

0
Joseph

A macro code to print multiple sheets in different w.books
Hi, i know i am not supposed to post the question twice, but could not get e reply on that forum. Sorry in advance. below is my question: Hi there, can anyone help me with the codes to get a macro to print local wbook sheets along with the several sheets in other workbooks? I was able to record a macro to print worksheets in the local workbook, but how do i make the same macro to print the worksheets in three more different workbooks with multiple worksheets in them? Thanks in advance? Have you tried recording a macro where you open the other books and print the appropriate sh...

Macro levels
Hi, I have an Active Directory 2003 network of 180+ computers. I want to change the macro level on all of these machines and I was wondering if there if a group policy object that would allow me to change this value in my Office XP product suite. Does anyone have any recommendations as to how I might accomplish this? Thanks in advance, JeffH Hello JeffH, Check out this article to download and use the Office XP .adm file: http://windowsitpro.com/article/articleid/37448/access-denied-configuring-office-macro-security-for-multiple-users.html Best regards Meinolf Weber ...

Where to put code to be executed when the 'apply' button is pushed on a CPropertySheet? Is there an event? Where?
Hello, I would like to execute a few lines of code when the user presses the 'apply' button on a CPropertySheet. Have any idea how to do that? Doesn't there have to be a way? For mysake as well as humanity's let's hope so. Thanks, Ivan Hi again, You can handle "OnApply" function for each property pages separatly. Sreeram Ivan Starr wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to execute a few lines of code when the user presses the > 'apply' button on a CPropertySheet. Have any idea how to do that? Doesn't > there have to be a way? F...

Money 2004 - Experian Offer
I just loaded Money 2004 Deluxe and converted my 2003 files with no problem. I decided to give the free year of credit monitoring from Experian a try but after filling everything out I get an error that the provided code has expired. I neither had nor provided any code for this offer, I only used the link from Money 2004. Now Experian was more than willing to set up a $79 account if I wanted to proceed. Any solution out there? I have the same problem... I am looking for a FREE way to contact Microsoft about this problem. >-----Original Message----- >I just loaded Money 2004 ...

To Norman or Alan Macro About Macros protected Sheets
Hi, Paul again, Sorry but I have a last question. When I type at the end of the Macro code: Sheets("Critical Path"),protect("My Password") What else do I need to type to enable the Auto filter & the Data Sort Thanks Paul. Your post is separated from the original thread. Are you using xl2002+? If yes, I got this line when I recorded a macro protecting a sheet, but allowing autofilter and sort: ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, _ Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True, _ AllowSorting:=True, AllowFiltering:=True So... worksheets("cri...

store formula in macro then paste it when macro runs
I download a file every month and I need to format it adding columns, deleting rows, etc - also I need to add some formulas to the file so that the data is formatted according to my specifications and to be used in another model. The formula is to be pasted on cell B3 ... and the formula is =RIGHT(LEFT(A3,16),3). Thanks Is this what you need? Sub PasteFormula() Range("B3").Formula = "=RIGHT(LEFT(A3,16),3)" End Sub -- Cheers, Ryan "Nina" wrote: > I download a file every month and I need to format it adding columns...

Zip code lookup
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I want to enter a zip code in sheet 1 column D and return a county name from sheet 2 to sheet 1 column E. Help! On 3/22/10 6:24 PM, pastortom@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel I want to enter a zip code in sheet 1 column D and return a county > name from sheet 2 to sheet 1 column E. Help! Assuming that you have table of county names and zip codes in sheet 2, then you simply need a hlookup formula in each cell of column E in...

How to set send options by code
Does anybody know how to set the send options for an e-mail by code? When I create a new e-mail, I can set the send options manually this way: -Select File-Properties of the new e-mail -Click on the button Send options A window will appear where you can set the properties for the attachments. I want this setting to be Mime for the message. If I send a message with an attachment when this setting is not set to Mime, then users who recieve this e-mail and read it with a webmail client, are not able to see nor open the attachment. I want to send e-mails with an attachment by code. Sending the e-...

Post Code search
Hi everyone, I am new to excel and have been given a task which is currently beyond my capabalities and seek help from all you experts out there. I have about 12000 postcodes in column A and columns B to K contain miscallaneous information relating to each postode, ie name, address, tel, fax etc What I would like is help with a formula whereby I would type in the postcode and the information would search and display the details in columns B to K for that particular postcode. I am aware the easiset option is to use the edit and find function, however ideally I would like to use sheet two for t...

macro #47
Hi can anyone help me with my problem? Thanks in advance! I had receive a compile data from one of my vendors and there is one adjustment i need to make in order to alight with correct heading column. The macro i had try to create doesn't really works. Cause it works only on one selected rows. Range("A752:H752").Select Selection.Cut Range("B752").Select ActiveSheet.Paste I need to amend about twenty thousand of selected rows in order to work on the data. Thx & regards William Consider inserting a column rather than shifting cells. -- Gary'...

Macro for Date If Statement
I have a column of Dates, need the Macro to look at all the date in the column and compare to the current date and if the date in the column is more that 365 days old want to turn the date in the column GREEN! Can this be done? Currently there are over 500 dates in the column. Thanks for your help Ray Column? Are the dates in a table? If so then the following will work (with column1) of the table containing the cursor Dim oCell As Cell Dim oRng As Range With Selection.Tables(1) For Each oCell In .Columns(1).Cells Set oRng = oCell.Range oRng.End = oRng...

how to compile emule source code?
Hi, when I compile the emule source , the result is MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR71D.dll) : error LNK2005: __CrtDbgReport already defined in libcmtd.lib(dbgrpt.obj) MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR71D.dll) : error LNK2005: __resetstkoflw already defined in libcmtd.lib(resetstk.obj) MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR71D.dll) : error LNK2005: _wcscpy already defined in libcmtd.lib(wcscat.obj) LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'LIBCD' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRTD' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library LINK : warning LNK4098...

sp3 install fails with error code 0x800710D9(unable to read from o
HP pavillion A1430N Xp version 5.1.2600 sp2 build 2600 X86 based AMD Athlon 64xdual Install goes well until right after a restore point is set. Get "unable to read from or write to database"Does anyone haave any ideas?- Thanks,- gship http://support.microsoft.com/kb/915169 is applicable to SP3 WinXP SP3 - Read all prerequisites for a successful installation http://msmvps.com/blogs/harrywaldron/archive/2008/05/08/windows-xp-sp3-read-all-prerequisites-for-a-successful-installation.aspx -=- 02/09/1004:59:13 pm "gship" wrote: > HP pavillion A1430N &...

macro #46
I protected my workbook and worksheet - but users can still see my macros. Is there anyway to stop them from viewing my macros ? Thanks, Yosef When in the VB Editor go to Tools, VB Properties, Protection, then click Lock project for Viewing and assign a password. Exit the editor, and save the xls file. -- Regards... "ynissel" wrote: > I protected my workbook and worksheet - but users can still see my macros. > Is there anyway to stop them from viewing my macros ? > Thanks, > Yosef In the VBA, choose Tools/<project> Properties, check the Lock project for...

Comments on code signing
Folks So I purchased a digital code signing certificate. $99 USD per year at https://secure.ksoftware.net/code_signing.html Once I got the certificate I spent an hour and a half searching and searching for the right tool. At first I was looking for codesign and then was looking for signcode. I ended up with about 20 browser windows open. Finally I somehow realized that what I needed was signtool. Which was somehow already installed on my system and had a wizard.. And the VB6 exe was signed in about 5 mouse clicks. <sigh> I tested it in a cleanish Virtual PC sessio...

ost2pst program--does anyone have a key code?
Thanks! Don't think that you will find that here, but here is a question for you that might help down the road. Do you still have access to an exchange server where you can build a new profile (w/ new ost) file? The reason that I ask is there is a way to fool Outlook into opening an orphaned OST w/out resorting to using a 3rd party program like ost2pst. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "xx" <x@x.com> wrote in message news:eovNzU9wDHA.2064@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Thanks! > > Tha...

incorporate the remove #DIV/0! code into another formula to get bl
hi there, i have this formula below, and i somehow want to incorporate this =IFERROR(B1/C1,"") into it with the purpose of having the cell display nothing instead of #DIV/0! so that the column of data can then allow an index and match formula to work as it won't if any of the cells have #DIV/0! in them, any suggestion? =(SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" & T58,$M$2:$M$2500)-SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" & (T58+TIMEVALUE("1:00")),$M$2:$M$2500))/(SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" & T58,$D$2:$D$2500)-SUMIF($B$2:$B$2500,">=" & ...

macro to run when I hide or unhide rows in a group
I need to keep a spreadsheet in manual recalc mode but would like it to automatically recalc when rows in a group are hidden or unhidden. One way. '============ Public rd Sub ifrowhidechnage() hr = Cells.Count 'MsgBox hr vr = Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Count 'MsgBox vr 'msgBox rd If hr - vr <> rd Then MsgBox "hi" rd = hr - vr End Sub '======== -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "IMcC" <IMcC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3B3831C-4BB7-4160-989D-B2395F...

Help
I have a monthly process where I bring a range of cells into a spreadsheet (copy-paste) and I need the information to be numbers but it is created (out of my control) as text such as... '1.23 '1.24 '1.25 and so on for about a hundred rows It is really cumbersome to have to keep pressing F2 to edit, home to get to the ' and then delete and enter to remove the ' mark and convert the text to a number I used the Macro recorder (with relative value set) but it picks up the absolute value of the first cell and then when I run the macro it puts that value into each cell What I...

Code for multiple items
I have a progress bar on a form, but I want about 15 more of them. Each one accesses 2 different field values, looked up using a domain function. The part of code in the function that I need help with is here: sngPct = varAmt / varTotal If sngPct <= 1 Then Me!baselbl.Caption = Int(sngPct * 100) & "%" Me!lblmeter.Width = CLng(Me!baselbl.Width * sngPct) Else Me!baselbl.Caption = "Greater than 100% - Check your amounts" Me!lblmeter.Width = CLng(Me!baselbl.Width * 1) End If How can I change this so it runs for all 15 obje...

custom toolbar w/ macro
I have ceated two macros in a file that add and format lines to a spreadsheet. For use of use, I've created a custom toolbar with a buttons for the macros. The toolbar/macro works fine in the original file. It also works if I "save as" customer1.xls. However, when I open the original file and "save as" customer2.xls then run try to run the macro from the toolbar in customer2.xls, the customer1.xls file opens and the macro runs in that file. But - if I'm in customer2.xls, I can run the macro by going through "tools/macros/macro/run" so it leads...

Error code
Excel has worked splendidly for me for about 6 months now and suddently I started getting the following error code (in a popup dialog box that allows me only to click 'ok' and help -- not too helpful btw), when the program starts and before it closes: Compile error in hidden module: AutoExecNew Anybody have any suggestions? Regards, S./ Hi see: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q307410 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany <ozymandias@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1102370005.126813.102360@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Excel has wor...

code for double click criteria
Greetings, I am trying to get this piece of code to work. I want to double click a name in a subform and have the record in another form open. tblContributors. [ContributorID] is the name of the hidden primary key field of the table that holds the data for the form I want to open. So I make a function named ViewDonor and then call it in Sub txtDonorLastName_DblClick. I thought that the DoCmd.OpenForm should work. Obviously I am wrong. I get an error that says "variable not defined" and it highlights the second tblContributors. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? Anyone bu...

Loop Macro
I have a sheet with a column of random question numbers in A and answers (all different) in B. Many of the question numbers are repeated . The task at hand is to write a macro to create a new sheet with each unique question number in a single row and all the answers for that question concatenated in column B. Example: Orig. Sheet A B QNo Question 1 AAA 1 BBB 1 CCC 3 ABC 3 DDD 6 KKK New Sheet: QNo Question 1 AAA;BBB;CCC 3 ABC;DDD 6 KKK Thanks for your help Hi maybe also a non macro solution (only using some free add-ins) would be of interest for your. Lets assume you...

How do I publish Excel as a webpage so macros work?
We are trying to publish some of the activities we have written on a school website so the students can use them but when we publish with interactivity on anything to do with the macros will not work (including the buttons the macros are assigned to disappearing). We are desperate to give students access to these resources so we need a way round the problem if anyone can help When you publish an Excel sheet as a web page with interactivity it is no longer an Excel sheet, or affiliated with Excel. This new web page uses the Office Spreadsheet Component to (SSC) provide Excel-like funct...