Auto Complete (auto fill) in Lookup Fields

Main table looks up to 2nd table, using this code:
SELECT [1a-Emb Format-tbl_Formats].[ID], [1a-Emb
Format-tbl_Formats].[Format] FROM [1a-Emb Format-tbl_Formats] ORDER BY
[Format];

In form view, when typing a value from the list, the value "auto completes"
fine until I close the database, re-open, add a new record and try to
populate the field again. Even if i type the copy exact value from the lookup
table list, an error results saying it doesn't match. I'm forced to click and
scroll on the drop arrow to populate.

When I remove the relationship from the lookup and rebuild the lookup, auto
complete works fine again, until the database is once again closed and
re-opened.

Could there be a property or tool option to change? Or perhaps Acesss needs
to be re-installed? I've never had problems with this feature in previous
Access revs so wondering if the issue is an Office 2007 known issue. Thank
you!
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Linking forms field and table field .
Dear All, I have a form but i could not move to the next record and even i could n't save the records to the table. How can a table and a form fields can be linked.I'm encountering #Name error. Can anybody look out the form and advise me. Help is deeply welcome. Rgds, Aligahk06 aligahk06, >> How can a table and a form fields can be linked. A form can have, as it's RecordSource, a table, or a query Most times, it's a query. Place your cursor in your form's RecordSource textbox, and click the arrow that appears on the right. Using th...

No content in message field anymore
For the last two days when I open my email client I see no content in the message field. Each email is blank with an attachment paperclip in the upper right hand corner. When I click the paperclip I have the choice of a txt file (which will not open up) or an htm file which will open. This is driving me crazy and I don't want to get rid of windows mail...any suggestions on how to fix this? Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. =20 Try running the various repair functions in the WMUtil program: http://www.oehelp.com/...

Auto-Archive is not working
Can I control the activate time of the auto-archive? I want to auto-archive my mailbox's folders into different archive files, how can I do it? thanks! best regards, CM ...

Calculated Field in form to table
Can you take a calculated field from a form and pull it in to a table?? ...

Automatically filling in "full name" field
I would like to add the "fullname" field to the Contact form. Is there someway to make this field automatically fill in with the information from "firstname" + "middlename" + "lastname" + "suffix"? If this can be automatically filled in, could the field later be manually changed? You will find that if you add the fullname field to the form, it will be greyed out, you can't type into it. It will be populated after you create a new contact and enter the first and last names and save the contact. And it will change if you change the f...

Field Options and Combo Lists?
Wondering if anyone knows how to make this work. I have two fields in a form, both Combo Boxes. I want the Value List in the first box to determine what the Value List in the second box will be. For example, if the first box is all State Names, if you select California, the second box provides all of the City names for that state. However, if you change the first box to Utah, the second box provides all the City names for Utah. In the afterupdate event of the states combobox write code to adjust the rowsource of the city combobox. Something like: Me.combo_STATE.RowSource = &quo...

How do you preset the fields of a newly created mail folder? #2
Hello, Each time I create a new mail folder, the defaults fields are "from", "subject" and "received". I have no problem with the other two, but I'd rather have the "sent" field shown than the "received" field, as "sent" is more reflective of when the sender sent it, especially when there is significant backlog in the network causing substantial delay. Besides the "sent" field is also a default field shown when you print out an e-mail in Outlook, making "sent" an easier parameter when locating an e-mail based ...

cmbo box on subform fills fields on form when chkbx is yes
I have a multi-tabbed form that details bid data ranging from pricing to contact info to departmental notes. Page two has a subform listing general contractors to whom we bid. One bid may have 10-15 contractors listed. When a purchase order is issued from one of these contractors I select a checkbox indicating that GC. I would like the opening page on this tabbed form to show the address and contact info for that GC when the checkbox is yes. Is this possible? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200803/1 On Mar 17, 3:04=A0p...

I need to auto insert names in outlook address bar
I have outlook. I would like to have the address inserted after I type a few letters. I know this features exists, but I cannot for the life of me figure this one out. Please help. thanx for any assistance. think peace, max This feature only exists in Outlook 2002 and higher. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza http://www.cardozasolutions.com "max" <max@dis...

Excluding Duplicates in One Field
Hi, I'm stuck. I have two fields, fName and fEmail. Many of the fEmail fields have duplicates because often people in the same house use the same e-mail address. I need to query the data so the result does not contain the duplicate e-mail addresses. For some reason, "unique values" still pulls up the duplicates. I know if I exclude one of the duplicate e-mail addresses, then I also end up exluding the name in the same record, but so long as the output has at least one of the names, along with every record for which there is a unique e-mail address...

Multi-field primary key, no dupes
I can select multiple fields and make a primary key indexed with no duplicates. But I just realized my criteria for "no dupes" holds only if another field is empty (no value). For example, if my primary key is: Shirts-Mens-Style102-Large-Green-05Jan08 then I can't enter another order for the same product on the same day. That's good - unless the order's been shipped and another one is needed. So no duplicates, but only as long as the ShipDate field for that record is empty. Can this be done easily? Or should I look into a different way to prevent duplicates? Ed ...

Change order of fields in a report to a custom arrangement
In a report, I want to list sections in a certain way that is not alphabetical or numerical. Is there a way to do this? Curerntly, it is alphabetical as below: **Staff Section** Chief of Staff Command Counsel G1 G2 G3 Public Affairs Special Staff ** I would like for the fields to be organized as below: ***Staff Section*** G1 G2 G3 Chief of Staff Command Counsel Special Staff Public Affairs Thanks! Glen Try going to Sorting and Grouping. It is one of your buttons on the command bar. You should be able to set it anyway you wish. -- Milton Purdy ACCES...

Checking which fields changed
Hi Is it possible to identify individual fields changed by a user during editing on a form before or immediately after the form is saved? Thanks Regards On May 9, 4:25 pm, "John" <J...@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote: > Hi > > Is it possible to identify individual fields changed by a user during > editing on a form before or immediately after the form is saved? > > Thanks > > Regards I assume you mean what data was changed when you save the record? If so look at the OldValue property of your text boxes etc. Take a look at what Allen Browne has at ...

OWA
OWA text field is always 'grayed out' - on new messages and replies. Small "x" button in upper left of text field seems to have no functionality. Subject field is OK. Bummer - do you have a question? If yes, then try asking it in an Exchange news group as Outlook Web Access is a function of Exchange, not Outlook. Microsoft.public.exchange.admin is a good place to start. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted w...

Outlook 2003 changing global auto archive settings?
Outlook offers to Run Auto Archive every days. It allows you to run it more frequently, but I would like to run it less frequently. In other words, I would like to run it every 120 days and then archive the bottom four months. It doesn't seem that you can change the auto archive setting above 60 days. Is there a way to do this? I have the box checked to ask me before auto archiving - but if I say no, will it continue to ask? Or, will it never ask again? Essentially I would like to archive every 4 months and not more frequently - and I would like to archive my inbox and my se...

Deleting system locked fields
Does anyone know how I can get rid of the "Is revenue system calculated?" field on the Opportunities form? We always have user-provided values, and therefore have no need for this field, but I can't delete it. Anyone know how I can get around this? You can not delete those fields. But you can change the default value to "user provided". WIth some javascipt you should be able to hide it for the users. HTH, Frederic - Travi@ta www.microsoft-dynamics-crm.eu WiLLerZ schreef: > Does anyone know how I can get rid of the "Is revenue system > calculated?"...

Automatic number fill-in on Labels
Is it possible to have word automatically fill in a series of numbers on Labels. I need a set of labels, counting by fives, from 1 to 3500. Just wishing I didn't have to key in every number....0001-0005, etc. See http://www.gmayor.com/Numbered_labels.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Bridgett" <Bridgett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D380870-FF28-4227-B724-301AC3EC9A8D@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have word automatically fill in a series of numbers on > Labels. I need a set of labels, counting by fives, from 1 ...

How to split a field into 2 fields?
I imported a spreadsheet from Excel and would like to split one field into two fields. Many of the records in Field1 have a note in parenthesis ( ). If a record has anything contained in parenthesis, I would like to move that data to Field2. What's the best way to accomplish this? To get the word inside the parenthesis try something like SecondWord: IIf(InStr([MyLeeter],"("),Mid([MyLeeter],InStr([MyLeeter],"(")+1,Len([MyLeeter])-InStr([MyLeeter],"(")-1),"") FirstWord: IIf(InStr([MyLeeter],"("),Left([MyLeeter],InStr([MyLeeter],&q...

How do I set up auto complete from a drop down list in Excel 2000.
I have a 10 sheet workbook that I will be sending out to various users around the world. For their convenience, we are adding a lot of drop down lists for them to choose from. However, since there are many options to choose from in each list we would like for it to auto complete based on their initial entries: Ed -> list to jump to Edinburgh, etc.... I have enabled the AutoComplete in the cell values button in the Tools/Options/Edit tab, but it is still not working. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Hi not possible for the data validation listboxes --...

PoRequestPowerIrp completion routine IRQL.
At what IRQL will the completion routine for PoRequestPowerIrp be called, passive level? Regards, Rossetoecioccolato. I think this is explicitly documented: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms806596.aspx --=20 Maxim S. Shatskih Windows DDK MVP maxim@storagecraft.com http://www.storagecraft.com "RossettoeCioccolato" <rossetoecioccolato@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in = message news:urLGLFSzKHA.928@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > At what IRQL will the completion routine for PoRequestPowerIrp be = called,=20 > passive level? >=20 > Reg...

Adding Fields 02-14-06
Is there a way to add a picklist programmatically ? If there is, a sample code would be greatly appriciated. Thank You in advance ...

Turn on Automatic Formula Fill in Table
I turned off the 'automatically fill th column with this formula' option in Excell 2007 but I can't see how to turn it on again. Can anyone point me in teh right direction? TIA Excel 2007 Excel Options > Proofing > AutoCorrect Options > Autoformat As You Type > Fill formulas in tables to create calculated columns ...

Removing Display of cost fields
We use manufacturing and SOP. I have a request by the owner to remove the display of the current and standard cost fields for all but a select few users. The users would still need to be able to see the price lists. Is this possible? You could use Modifier to create copies of the existing forms, hide the cost fields, and grant security to the modified forms to the users you don't want viewing the cost data. Grant security to the unmodified forms to those users you do want to see the cost data. It would be nice if you could do this in Field Level Security but unfortun...

how do I take a sub total field and calculate sales tax to it
trying to take a total cell. and add sales tax to it. Hi Michael With Total in A1` and Sales tax in B1 e.g. 7% =A1*(1+B1) -- Regards Roger Govier "Michael Beck" <Michael Beck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C1017DC-E037-4388-855F-07946472C9A5@microsoft.com... > trying to take a total cell. and add sales tax to it. ...

Adding two fields to a table
I current have the following code which works perfectly now: [CODE]CurrentDb.Execute "INSERT INTO [Input] ([Loc_Desc]) VALUES (""" & Me. List12 & """)", dbFailOnError[/CODE] I would however like to add another field's information named (Lnd_Desc) as well in the same row of table (Input). What should my syntax look like for that one. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200705/1 INSERT INTO [Input] ([Loc_Desc], [Other Column]) VALUES (""" & Me.List12 & ...