Attaching an email or a scanned document to an Access Report

In my original database (now two years old), I added a paragraph of text in a
memo field in a record.
Now, after a group reorganization, I will be getting additional  e-mailed
information and/or hard copy that has to become part of that record. I am
planning to scan the hard-copy to create an attachable document and/or open
the email and somehow include the attachment to the Access record. Does
anyone have any suggestions or examples? Would hyperlinking be the way to go?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Sorry, I meant to mention I'm using Access 2003 and the documents are usually
2-3 pages long.

"Help Eliminate Auto Theft" wrote:

> In my original database (now two years old), I added a paragraph of text in a
> memo field in a record.
> Now, after a group reorganization, I will be getting additional  e-mailed
> information and/or hard copy that has to become part of that record. I am
> planning to scan the hard-copy to create an attachable document and/or open
> the email and somehow include the attachment to the Access record. Does
> anyone have any suggestions or examples? Would hyperlinking be the way to go?
I noticed that nobody answered.  A couple of thoughts.

The real question is, besides recording the name and location of the
document, what else do you plan  to do / have happen with that link.

Depending on the answer, often a mere text field will suffice and is simpler
(simpler = nicer).    A hyperlink field is more complex, storing the display
name, the path (which can be different) etc.

"Help Eliminate Auto Theft" wrote:

> Sorry, I meant to mention I'm using Access 2003 and the documents are usually
> 2-3 pages long.
>
> "Help Eliminate Auto Theft" wrote:
>
> > In my original database (now two years old), I added a paragraph of text in a
> > memo field in a record.
> > Now, after a group reorganization, I will be getting additional  e-mailed
> > information and/or hard copy that has to become part of that record. I am
> > planning to scan the hard-copy to create an attachable document and/or open
> > the email and somehow include the attachment to the Access record. Does
> > anyone have any suggestions or examples? Would hyperlinking be the way to go?
Thanks Fred. Here's what I'd like to do. I would like to attach these new
e-mailed attached documents or scanned documents to the single original
report so when I print the report, I get the original report plus any new
scanned and/or e-mailed reports related to the original report. I hope that
makes sense.

Were you suggesting that I put the new scanned or e-mail attachments in the
old memo field? There would only be about three-four pages I'd like to add.
Maybe make a larger memo field?

"Fred" wrote:

> I noticed that nobody answered.  A couple of thoughts.
>
> The real question is, besides recording the name and location of the
> document, what else do you plan  to do / have happen with that link.
>
> Depending on the answer, often a mere text field will suffice and is simpler
> (simpler = nicer).    A hyperlink field is more complex, storing the display
> name, the path (which can be different) etc.
>
> "Help Eliminate Auto Theft" wrote:
>
> > Sorry, I meant to mention I'm using Access 2003 and the documents are usually
> > 2-3 pages long.
> >
> > "Help Eliminate Auto Theft" wrote:
> >
> > > In my original database (now two years old), I added a paragraph of text in a
> > > memo field in a record.
> > > Now, after a group reorganization, I will be getting additional  e-mailed
> > > information and/or hard copy that has to become part of that record. I am
> > > planning to scan the hard-copy to create an attachable document and/or open
> > > the email and somehow include the attachment to the Access record. Does
> > > anyone have any suggestions or examples? Would hyperlinking be the way to go?

setting to have email saved on Exchange server instead of PST
Hi, In Outlook 2007, is there a setting to have all the email saved to an Exchange Server rather than to a PST file? Thanks Steve Set the default delivery location to the exchange acct in tools, account settings. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access this newsgroup by visiting http://w...

How to set Page Layout View as default when composing new eMail message?
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2003 (German) with MS Office Word as my E-Mail Editor. When composing a new eMail message, default view is always "Normal". I would like it to be "Page Layout" (or "Print Layout" in some Word version, I guess). I tried serveral things, from changing different templates (email.dot, normal.dot, mail.oft) to changing the Form for messages. But I didn't find a way to change the view here, because it's in Outlook style, not Word. And I didn't find any setting in Word for it. How can I change the default View? And which templ...

Is there an answer to why Outlook 2003 won't "send" email?`
I've reviewed postings for past few days, including my own from 11/22, and found no substantive answer to making Outlook email send. Also, finding this program may be more trouble than it's worth. Can anyone out there, especially you Microsofties, explain how to use this confounding program. Is there any kind of troubleshooting class that would be less confusing than the program? Help! What are you doing to try and send mail and what errors do you receive? We also need to know your OS, the SP's that are installed and any antivirus or firewall software that is installed. --...

Restricted Reports appear in user Report List
In GP 9.0 I restricted access to reports for a user. Although those restricted report/option combinations did not appear in that users Report List, The Report name with options <new> did appear in the list. The user was able to go to the options page and pull down previously created (and restricted) options. The report would not print, but the options were available for view. Our suggestion would be that a report should not be in the report list if they can't print the report. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the sugge...

Report.SalesPlusTax
I don't know if you guys have ever try to show the total tax sale on the z report, but when i make the modified on the z report it came out that the total tax is 0. It didn't show me anything, i don't know if the script is wrong or the script is not working for RMS V1.3?? Has anyone ever tried that?? <ROW> "Taxable Sales|" Report.SalesPlusTax </ROW> ...

Microsoft Great Plains SDK Documentation.
Any idea where i can find Microsoft Great Plains SDK Documentation.(We dont have Microsoft Great Plains License). Thanks Nath Nath -- If you have a Universal subscription to MSDN you are able to download the SDK information for Microsoft Great Plains. -- Kirsten Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Nath" <Nath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BAB062FF-8C3D-42F8-BA00-0F83A95D5B64@microsoft.com... &g...

Lock-Protect documents
Excel 2002 sp2 How do you protect cells from being edited? I need to lock/protect all but 4 cells from being edited on a worksheet. I go into the 'format cells' properties of the 4 cells and 'unlock' them, and go into the 'format cells' properties of the rest and lock them. Then I go to tools, protection, protect sheet, I add a password and check only 'unlocked cells'. This isn't doing it, I can still edit the sheet, I emailed it to someone else and he can edit the sheet. What am I doing wrong? Thank you! You could prompt for a password using an in...

is there anyway to access funcion written in c by vc++
hi Is this is possible to access ,a function written in C by VC++. Arbind >Is this is possible to access ,a function written in C by VC++. Yes. I suspect you need to know about using extern "C" to tell the compiler that your function is 'C' rather than C++. For example: extern "C" int MyFn( int p1 ); You often use it like this: extern "C" { #include "Your_C_Header.g" } Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq >#include "Your_C_Header.g" or even #include "Your_C_Header.h" who put that g key in the wa...

Report Calculations
I posted a question a couple of days ago and have not yet received any answers. Therefore, I'm wondering now if anyone knows of a good place to go to get the answers I'm seeking regarding what's probably a complicated calculation in a report (concerning calculations when working with grouped data). I'm not even sure if what I'm wanting to do can be done. Thank you. On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 09:22:04 -0800, Jen wrote: > I posted a question a couple of days ago and have not yet received any > answers. Therefore, I'm wondering now if anyone knows of a good place t...

Accessing MIcrosoft Outlook
Yesterday, when I tried to access Outlook in my home pC, I received the following message: Cannot open MIcrosoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The file C:|Users \jillandgordon\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this? Masny thanks, Gordon in TX Try this first http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287497/ "Gordon McDougall" <braidwoodboy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d0e17ac8-0215-431c-971f-bd862b58a245@y17g2000yqd....

Report CRM 3.0
Hi, I would need to find out the detailed procedure (step by step) to customize a report…. Could anybody inform about any links or documents concerning this issue? Thank's Marco I'm not sure if it's detailed enough, but the technical training manual has a section on creating and customizing reports. You can find it here: http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/using/whatsnewtechnical.mspx HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "Marco Rocca" <Marco Rocca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEF80683-EC26-456C-82C...

I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why?
I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why? It keeps saying "incorrect function" khaganman <khaganman@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why? It keeps > saying "incorrect function" Is the D: drive your CD drive? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Accessing my information offline
I have updated my Outlook to 2002 on my notebook computer and when it is connected on the Lan at my office(new ethernet connection) I can see my calendar, addressbook, e- mails etc. However, when I disconnect and bring my notebook home, and try to access calendar, etc, it says I must sychronize while I am still connected to the Lan. My previous version of outlook didn't have this problem. I synched it on the Lan and it worked. This one won't. Any ideas???? How do you have your folders marked for Offline use under tools->Send/Receive settings? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlo...

Prioritize Internal Email
Is there a way in Exchange 2003 for me to set delivery of internal email to a higher priority than internet mail? -Patrick What specific issue are you trying to address? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Patrick" <Patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2FD55EB5-475C-46B6-AB3A-1C697E62DF72@microsoft.com... > Is there a way in Exchange 2003 for me to set delivery of internal email > to a > higher priority than internet mail? > -Patrick ...

Use Form to prompt for report criteria

stock variance report
Hi there, Is there any way to edit that stock variance report at HQ? There are no $$ values and this is quite important at HQ. How do others work with this? IB Ivan, Create a custom report using the Quantity Discrepancy List as a template, add the SnapShotCost, SnapShotLastCost and/or SnapShotReplacementCost column from the ItemDynamic table times the qty difference. -- * "Ivan Brebner" <ibrebner@premiumretail.com.au> wrote in message news:%23Idw6wPAGHA.2912@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... Hi there, Is there any way to edit that stock variance report at HQ? There are no ...

crosstab qry as report source breaks Access2007
We have 3 reports whose record sources are crosstab queries. All have work fine on the pc's running Access2003. But, the one pc running Access2007 doesn't like the crosstab queries as the report source. We don't get an error - only the dreaded 'Access has encountered a problem and has closed...' It totally shuts down the access application. I stepped through the little bit of onOpen code while opening the reports and all works fine. I open the crosstab query and it opens just fine. To test the theory that it is a crosstab source problem, I tried to recreate one of the...

CRM 4.0 Custom Report Filter Problem