Applying a filter to a report

Hi,

I want the users of my database to be able to type a value in and get the
report for that value.  All values and information are saved in a table, and
I've created a query with that information.  For example, when I click on a
report I'll call "Gum", I want Access to prompt me with a box so that I can
put in an identifier number for a certain person.  When I key in 39205, then
this report will be filtered off of a query that I've made for all numbers
but that report will give me only the information for this particular number.
 Then I can see when, where, how, and why 39205 chewed this piece of gum.  I
don't want to create a query or report for every single person out there.
Please help.  Thank you.
--
Joshua B
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Several ways to do this, here are a few:

1) Use the Where argument of DoCmd.OpenReport:

If you know SomeValue and Fieldname is a text field:
    DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportName", acViewPreview,,"[Fieldname] = '" &
SomeValue & "'"
.....if Fieldname is a numeric field
    DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportName", acViewPreview,,"[Fieldname] = " &
SomeValue

If SomeValue is available from an open form:
    DoCmd.OpenReport "Reportname", acviewPreview, "[Fieldname] = " &
Forms![formname]![controlname on form]
    (if Fieldname is a text field, you'd need to use the syntax that
incorporated the additional bracketing quotes)

2) Have the query prompt the user for a parameter:

How to create a parameter query in Access 2002
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304352/en-us

OR

How to create a query that has parameters to evaluate complex criteria in
Microsoft Access
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290178/en-us

Simply opening a report based on such a query will trigger the prompt.

HTH,

"Joshua B" <JoshuaB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I want the users of my database to be able to type a value in and get the
> report for that value.  All values and information are saved in a table,
> and
> I've created a query with that information.  For example, when I click on
> report I'll call "Gum", I want Access to prompt me with a box so that I
> can
> put in an identifier number for a certain person.  When I key in 39205,
> then
> this report will be filtered off of a query that I've made for all numbers
> but that report will give me only the information for this particular
> number.
> Then I can see when, where, how, and why 39205 chewed this piece of gum.
> don't want to create a query or report for every single person out there.
> Please help.  Thank you.
> --
> Joshua B

0
George

exporting a report
how can i exoprt a report to a text file (office) with all the format (inculds lines and tables) and not only the database. Can't be done. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "una" wrote: > how can i exoprt a report to a text file (office) with all the format > (inculds lines and tables) and not only the database. ...

no security to publish a report in excel builder
We are trying to start using excel builder since we have upgraded to SP2. When I try to publish the report that we created I get an error saying "You do not have security privileges to publish this report". I have tried it logging is as 3 different people including sa and get the same error message. Is there somewhere else that we need to set security to be able to publish the reports? Robert Fann Omni Packaging ------=_NextPart_0001_987B1BDB Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for posting to Newsgroups. To publish in Excel Report Builde...

Using a form in Excel to Filter
I would like to create a form in Excel that is similar to a form in Access. This form will hold all fields on the underlying spreadsheet and enable the user to sort using combo box dropdowns. Ideally, the form would have a button titled RUN that will take all the data the user selects in the combos and filter the underlying spreadsheet. Can this be done?? If so....you will save my life! TIA, Chris Try this Add-in http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl <ccfatzin@ibtco.com> wrote in message news:1122677766.648239.226910@z14g200...

Check box in report
I have a query (qryAssyReport) that has fields for approvals (Culus, FM, Ce). The approval fields have image numbers in them so my label software knows what to image to print. What I would like to do is have check boxes on the report (rptAssyReport) for all the approvals that will set themselves to true or false based on whether the approval field is null. Can anyone help with this? Reports have static data and should not respond to data on them except to do calculations. You can check the values in a report and do an update query from VBA code. If the check boxes are not...

Date parameter for report
In the Crystal Report viewer we had for CRM 1.2, when a parameter was a date, it would show something like the datetime picker control. With CRM 3 and SSRS, I've only been able to use a text box type control for the users to type in the date they want. Is there a way to show a calendar-type view for the users to click on a date for a date/time report parameter? Thanks. Hi, Date Picker control is available in SRS 2005 but not in SRS 2000. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail do...

Report problem with ODBC Call Failed
Good Day! I have a form that has two date fields that are date/time pickers, a combo box and a button. i also have a query that uses serveral tables from an odbc from a pervasive DB. That query is bound to several reports. keep in mind they all use the same query. now on that form, the user chooses the date frame of the query, (the query criteria is bound to these date/time pickers), and then chooses an option from the combo box, then then clicks the button. when the button is clicked, there is a 'select' that is based on the option selected from the combo box, and then opens th...

Render a RDLC report using VBscripts
I have an application that is not developed in Visual Studio but is connecting to a SQL database and is utilizing a RDLC report. Does anybody have any code that would only be a VB script file to render the report instead of creating a form in VB and running an exe to accomplish this? ...

Report Total
I have a query with total quanity shipped by date. I want a report that will show total shipped by month showing all months of year. I have one showing total for each month but don't know how to get each month total on one report. Thanks! On Fri, 8 Jan 2010 13:32:01 -0800, walters <walters@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a query with total quanity shipped by date. I want a report that will >show total shipped by month showing all months of year. I have one showing >total for each month but don't know how to get each month total on one &...

Applying Business Address to top of printable checks
Hi- I've a basic question. Scince setting upa template for printing checks, I seem unable to Change my business address that I want to appear at the top left hand side of checks. Any help with this? Thmaks, Cyn -- gotankless ...

Filter rule for empty mails
Hello, For some time I have been receiving spam mails with a special characteristic: they are completely empty, sometimes even the header is missing. The mail server does not filter them and Outlook (2003) lets them through. How can I define a rule to have these empty mails automatically sent to the recycle bin? Thanks. Sveta How have you defined your rules and is Outlook's junk filter set to high? I have had several of these types of mails go automatically to the Junk Senders folder where they are deleted as soon as I see them. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies t...

Spam filter in Outlook 2003
I thought the spam filter is good in Outlook 2003. But it seems not working. I have several mail accounts, and spams are ALL goes through the accounts without the spam filter (by default should be) working to sort the out. Is there something with some settings ? ...

Daily Sales Report #2
Hi, I work in a retail outlet that opens at 10:00 am and stays open until around 12:30/01:00am the next day. When we run the daily sales report it will only pick up from 12-12midnight. Due to this we have a headache in Finance trying to tally up the figures. Is there anyway to specify the time and date from a report in RMS or do I need to look at some other reporting software? Any suggestions would be very welcome. Regards Ken Hi Ken, My company, Professional Advantages has Analysis Cubes for RMS. This product is designed to help retailers manage their business by delivering anal...

Paid out report
Is anyone aware of a report that will let you view paid out details. I need something to show me date, amount, to who and the cooment. ...

return items to supplier/reporting
how we can return items to suppliers with in the same purchase order so that we don't effect the posting in QB2003 7 keep the inventory accurate any recomended software for reporting i need to be able to have a charts to compare the sales & customer loyalty to the store in an easy way thanks -- maher almasri maher, The approved RMS way is to issue a Transfer Out back to the supplier. SO Manager | Inventory | Transfer Out. Also I assume that you know that Intuit is forcing an update to QB 2003 by April 30. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outl...

Report codes for Matrix Parent
I'm preparing for an upgrade from QS2000 and would like to know if th following is possible. I'm testing the demo version of RMS an imported my database. I'm a shoe and apparel store and matrixes ar very important to us. My reseller has recommended the Retail Real Fashion bundle, but I would like to try something else in th meantime.. I've modified a Detailed Item Sales report and would like to ad columns for the following items associated with the Matrix Paren Item Matrix Lookup Cod Matrix Descriptio Matrix Dimension 1 (I want to see the value associated with Chil item I...

junk mail filter doesn't work with rules?
Hello, I receive mail from many pop3 accounts and mailing lists. I use rules to organize the mail within my mailbox. One problem I am having is that the junk mail filter does not screen mail that is affected by the rules. So for instance, I get an email from some alternate account that I have. The mail comes in and gets picked up by the rule and moved to the appropriate folder. When this happens, the junk mail filter never checks the message. Only mail left in the Inbox is screened. Can someone help figure out how to make this work or does anyone have a workaround? I'd hate to ...

Report loading pictures base on value...
Dear all, I have a report(labels) that have 5 textboxes with single value from either 0 to 9. so text box 1 could be 5, and text box 2 could be 8, and so on...So when a text box is with a certain value, i want it to load an image. so if text box 5 has a value of five, I want it to load image 5. I looked everywhere but couldn't find the answer. I think i have a concept but cannot code it...Please help. Thanks in advance. i'm looking to use: select case (expression - don't know how to start) case 1 load image 1 case 2 load image 2 case 3 load image 3 and so on... Thanks...

Reports not working in Outlook client but work fine in Browser
I have a client that is using the MS Outlook client to run MSCRM and when they go to the reports they get an error message. They work great in the Browser client. This company has the Report Server running on the SQL Server so I have a suspicition that it has something to do with Kerberos authentication. Any solutions? Is the user experiencing the problem running the Laptop client or the Desktop client? Is there more than one person experiencing the same problem? -- Visit my blog: http://lovepeaceandcrm.blogspot.com/ "X-eqt" wrote: > I have a client that is using the ...

Standard Reports on CRM 3.0
I am trying to setup CRM 3.0; I have set it up on sql 2005 and migrated the data from ACT with no errors. when I click on reports in workplace a message is displayed - an error has occurred - contact the system administrator. I ran the environment diagnostic tool and no errors appeared. Can anybody point me in the right direction to resolve this. For more detail error information you can turn on Dev Errors. To do this, log onto the Microsoft CRM Server. Open a File Explorer window and navigate to the folder where the Microsoft CRM web site is installed. Open the web.config and chang...

filtering or sorting by sender time zone
I would like to optimize my opportunities for rapid two-way dialog by email. For example, when I read my email in Boston at 7:00 AM, I first respond to email from India, who are nearing the end of their day, then from Europe, who are about 6 hours ahead of me, and so on. Currently, I do this just by looking for specific senders and handling their email first. But, it would be great if I could write a filter that would sort email into GMT + 5.5, GMT+2, GMT, GMT-5, and GMT -8. Is this possible? Thanks, Rob ...

Cannot apply Clipart as Borderart
Hi, I am working on a school network (Windows 2003). Workstations are XP, Office version is 2000. We also have mandatory profiles for students so that no changes are saved to the local machine when they log off. In Publisher, there is an option to apply a clipart image as borderart on an object or text box. I get the error message that says Publisher cannot import the file. However, when logged on as an adminstrator, the process works fine. I am assuming this is a permission error but do not know what I should be changing the permissions on. any suggestions? Laurie ...

Date in Report/Query
Hi. I have a report that has worked up until this past week. The query behind the report has the following expression: DateAuth: Format([CredAuthDate],"mm/dd/yy") If I type in 12/31/09....report works fine. Type in anything with "10" as the year and it fails. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If I take off the format for the field it works. Is something different for the year 2010? This is an Access 2003 database. Thanks... I suggest applying criteria to an 'unformatted' field and turn off the display by unchecking the 'Sh...

Inventory Historical usage report
Does any one know what table or tables hold the Inventory uasge history. I am trying to write a report that will show toatl number of inventory items sold by year for each item number. I am on GP 9.0. I know this information is veiw by item number in the system but i need to get it out to excel asap. Thank you Ken You should be able to pull this information from the Inventory Transactions Amount History table (IV30300). You will have to summarize by year as you described where HSTMODUL = 'SOP'. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http...

Highlighting Filtered column
I have a basic filter on an excel sheet. I would like to highlight the column in which the filter was selected. Can anyone think of a simple way to do this without having to resort to Macros (there are security issues at work, hence Macros can be awkward)? My first line of thought is to somehow detect when the filter has been selected and on which column and then use conditional formatting to highlight the column. However, I can't find a way to easily detect the filter status. Presumably in VB code I can find the filter and the appropriate property but I would rather not use a Macro. Tha...

how can i filter from two rows?
Hi all, I've two rows with properties addresses and i need to filter them out in third row in a way that any property which is not shown in row one appears in row three.say for example: Row 1 Row2 1 Confier Court 1 Berbris court 10 East Ham 3 East Ham 1 ABC 1 ABC 3 East Ham Now since 10 east ham is not showing in Row 2. I want this shown in 3rd row. Can anyone please help me on this? Thanks in advance. Cheers Hi as a starting point: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat....