Append Query Error "Duplicate Output Destination"

Hello,
I have inherited a large, complex database.
It worked okay until our server went down.
Now that it is on a new server, I had to change the file paths for the
tables (done)
And change the path in the append query (done)
I am down to the last problem.
When I run the append query I get this error: "Duplicate Output Destination
'Date'."
Any ideas?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 14:31:03 -0800, billkill
<billkill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>I have inherited a large, complex database.
>It worked okay until our server went down.
>Now that it is on a new server, I had to change the file paths for the
>tables (done)
>And change the path in the append query (done)
>I am down to the last problem.
>When I run the append query I get this error: "Duplicate Output Destination
>'Date'."
>Any ideas?

Well, using Date as a fieldname is a bad idea anyway; it's a reserved word for
the builtin Date() function.

Do you have a backup?

Could you post the SQL view of the query?

DOES it have duplicate output destination fields, i.e. do you have the field
misnamed Date twice in the query?
--
             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Error: Duplicate Output Destination
I tried to post the same question in the Queries thread however I do not see it listed. I appologize if it turns out that i am posting a duplicate question. In Visual Basic I get a duplicate output destination error for the following query SELECT * FROM tblB INNER JOIN (tblD INNER JOIN (tblC INNER JOIN tblA ON tblC.WID = tblA.ZID) ON tblD.XID = tblC.XID) ON tblB.YID = tblA.YID WHERE (((tblA.WID)=129) AND ((tblC.XID)=1)) Access is complaining about the XID field which is defined both in tblC.XID and tblD.XID Please notice the tables are inner joined through XID field s...

Append Query Error "Duplicate Output Destination"
Hello, I have inherited a large, complex database. It worked okay until our server went down. Now that it is on a new server, I had to change the file paths for the tables (done) And change the path in the append query (done) I am down to the last problem. When I run the append query I get this error: "Duplicate Output Destination 'Date'." Any ideas? On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 14:31:03 -0800, billkill <billkill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, >I have inherited a large, complex database. >It worked okay until our server went down. >Now that it is on a ...

Duplicate output destination
In Visual Basic I get a duplicate output destination error for the following query SELECT * FROM tblB INNER JOIN (tblD INNER JOIN (tblC INNER JOIN tblA ON tblC.WID = tblA.ZID) ON tblD.XID = tblC.XID) ON tblB.YID = tblA.YID WHERE (((tblA.WID)=129) AND ((tblC.XID)=1)) Access is complaining about the XID field which is defined in two tables (tblC.XID, tblD.XID) Please notice the tables are inner joined through XID field so in the query result in each row I have only one (unique) value of XID. Instead of using SELECT *, I can solve the problem by individually listing in the S...