API hide access window

I have a question about using the API hide access window module. Thisworks ok for my forms, but the report preview window always getshidden or shows up behind the form. How can I use this module and havethe preview reports in front of the form? I use the code from thewebsite "The Access Web " to show only the active form, but iscumbersome to figure out how to effectively do a report preview andreturn to the previous form.Thanks,PC
0
PC
3/24/2007 12:22:47 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

I haven't tried this so I'm guessing.Have you tried setting the report's Pop-Up property to True?Near as I can tell in order for the main window to be hidden theremust be a pop-up form visible. This means that the form is supposed tostay on top of other forms (windows). If the report were a pop-up aswell, it should open in front of the last window (form or other dbobject).
0
storrboy
3/24/2007 2:59:49 AM
I have Access 2000 which doesn't have PopUp properties for reports.Is there another solution or can I create a PopUp property for allreports?Thanks,PC
0
PC
3/25/2007 11:03:09 PM
On Mar 25, 6:03 pm, "PC User" <pc_u...@SoftHome.net> wrote:> I have Access 2000 which doesn't have PopUp properties for reports.> Is there another solution or can I create a PopUp property for all> reports?>> Thanks,> PCYou can't make an intrinsic property like that.Have you tried minimizing the active form first?Screen.ActiveForm.SetFocusDoCmd.MinimizeDoCmd.OpenReport....
0
storrboy
3/26/2007 1:14:51 AM
Hi,You can only maximized the report, however, if the Form is set to PopUp = True and is Maximized, your report will always go behind the form. Try the Report’s OnOpen event to hide the popup form. Like…Forms!YourFormName.Visible = FalseThan, in the report’s OnClose event,Forms!YourFormName.Visible = True.PC User wrote:>I have a question about using the API hide access window module. This>works ok for my forms, but the report preview window always gets>hidden or shows up behind the form. How can I use this module and have>the preview reports in front of the form? I use the code from the>website "The Access Web " to show only the active form, but is>cumbersome to figure out how to effectively do a report preview and>return to the previous form.>>Thanks,>PC-- Message posted via AccessMonster.comhttp://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200703/1
0
AccessVandal
3/26/2007 2:03:50 AM
Thanks for your reply.  I tried your suggestion, but I haven't gottenit to work properly.  Have you tested this method?Thanks,PC
0
PC

Enable Conditional Formatting Access 2007
I think I have to use VBA - how do I enable the conditional formatting property? Here's a non-VBA solution (to get a feel for it): http://datapigtechnologies.com/flashfiles/accesscondformatting1.html Here's a VBA solution: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa139965%28office.10%29.aspx It's NOT hard at all. Just follow the steps. -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "CC" wrote: > I think I have to use VBA - how do I enable the conditional formatting > property? ...

Problem with Cut and Paste in Windows Explorer
Hi I have Ultimate SP2 fully updates. Recently I have been having a problem where, when I cut and paste a folder that contains sub-folders into a folder that contains a folder with the same folder and sub-folder names, the data is not transferred, even though I am selecting yes to folder and file overwrite? Any idea on why and how to fix it, I am having to cut and paste data over from each folder individually. thanks Daniel On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 07:13:50 +1000, Daniel wrote: > Hi > > I have Ultimate SP2 fully updates. > > Recently I have been ...

Windows mail
I have a big mails data which I wan to use by window mail with regular use. But WML don't support me this way. I import mails but incoming mails are in other inbox. How can I set my mails with regular base? How can save them at my desired locate(I already have mail in that forlder)? Thanks. Chand When you import messages, they are placed in the Imported Messages folder. You can select the messages, and drag them into another folder if you wish. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Chand" <Chand@discussions.micr...

Remove Exclusive Access to Database
I have a database that I created using Access 2003. Someone on our network has opened the database exclusively, so when I try to open it it's opening read-only. I have no idea who has it opened exclusively and no way of finding out who it is. I need to somehow either kick that user out of the database, or at least wrestle the exclusivity away from him/her. Is this possible? Thanks. If you open the ldb file you should be able to see which computer names have the file open. The trick is to figure out who has which computer (you might have to get your IT/IS team involved. Second, yo...

Store.exe constantly accessing C:\Windows\Temp...
Can anyone explain why store.exe is constantly accessing the C:\Windows\Temp folder on my server, which is running Windows Server 2003 SP1 and Exchange Server 2003 SP2? Here is a FileMon trace log of the activity : 76 8:14:30 AM store.exe:2964 OPEN C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ SUCCESS Options: Open Directory Access: All 77 8:14:30 AM store.exe:2964 DIRECTORY C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ NO SUCH FILE FileBothDirectoryInformation: {712B4379-1B91-4610-8D57-58ABDE130475}WIN32READ.dat 78 8:14:30 AM store.exe:2964 CLOSE C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ SUCCESS 79 8:14:30 AM store.exe:2964 OPEN C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\ SUCCESS Options: Ope...

window.parent.Frames['MyFrame'].document returns error in CRM
Hi All, I need a little help here. I have an application which needs to be integrated with Microsoft Dynamics CRM. I have a page in which i have two frames. The frame on the LHS(MyFrame) of the screen contains my application page and the RHS is the CRM page. I have added a button in the CRM page onclick of which i call a function. In this function i try to access a resource in MyFrame. When i do an alert on window.parent.Frames['MyFrame'], it returns an object. But when i try window.parent.Frames['MyFrame'].document there is an error. How can i access an element in my applicat...

A2K to Access XP
Hi, I've just started using Access XP having previously used A2K. I've tried importing some modules from an A2K database and they won't compile in Access XP. One example is a function I have been using for ages to tell if a record is locked, and one line: rst.edit (method or data member not found on the edit) won't compile. Is there an reference object library issue here? I've tried to tick the Microsoft Access 8.0 Objet Library but get the message 'Name conflicts with existing module, project or object library. Can anyone help? Cheers Paul ADO reco...

SendObject behavior different after today's Windows XP updates
A client who runs XP and has been using Access2003 successfully for several years installed 3 WIndows updates today and, afterwords, code I wrote which emails orders to a distributor stopped working. In fact, any use of SendObject seems to be broken. The particular thing that happens is that it says the MS Office 2003 license expired in 2006 and he needs to either enter a product key or pay to upgrade the product. We are both assuming it means ACCESS. If he then clicks cancel on the screen wanting him to upgrade , he gets the text of the email that access generates on his s...

access outlook from other programs
I have a program that sends e-mail through outlook. This works fine, but every time the program sends I have to except the connection throug outlook and select how many minutes the program can use outlook. Is there any way this security setting can be removed ? -T From Our good friends at www.slipstick.com we find the following: The "object model guard" feature of the patch imposes two extreme restrictions on automating Outlook from add-ins that use CDO: a.. If an add-in tries to send an Outlook message, the user gets a notification pop-up and must explicitly authorize or d...

Querying Data from Access
All, I am using the charting features in Excel 2007 to build various charts from data stored in Access. I want the user to be able to select the Region, Country, or Site that he wishes to see data for, along with a range of dates. I have queries in Access that will summarize the data the way I need it. What I would like to know, is how do I "paramaterize" the queries so that I can use the dates the user chooses, for example? Thanks, Steve Here is a good example from EXCEL VBA 2003. for I think what you're wanting Public Sub CallStoredProcedure() Const Co...

ANN: Windows Media Player Plus!
I would like to announce the release of Windows Media Player Plus!, a free plug-in that offers the following enhancements/improvements for WMP: * Tag Editor Plus: an alternative for WMP's Advanced Tag Editor. Tag Editor Plus works on WMP 12 too, where the Advanced Tag Editor has been removed. * Real 'find as you type' in the library: you can simply start typing to search, without having to click on the Search field first. * Access the standard Explorer right-click menu of a media file directly from within WMP. * Restore last active playlist, media item, and pl...

Windows XP Snipping Tool
There is any way or is possible to install Snipping Tool in my Windows Xp Home Edition. Boricua wrote: > There is any way or is possible to install Snipping Tool in my Windows Xp > Home Edition. http://microsoft-snipping-tool.software.informer.com/ Boricua wrote: > There is any way or is possible to install Snipping Tool in my Windows Xp > Home Edition. Why are you trying to install a program that was written for Windows Vista and Windows 7 into Windows XP? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snipping_Tool There are LOADS of free screen capture utilities...

System Time Range on WIndows
Hi All, Can any body please tell me what is the system time range on windows system. what i could get it start is as per UTC since midnight (00:00:00), January 1, 1970. Please correct if i am wrong? rgds, Ritu >Can any body please tell me what is the system time range on windows system. There are several time formats - which one are you referring to? The main one is FILETIME - which is an unsigned 64-bit value that represents the number of 100-nanosecond units since the 1'st January 1601. The other commonly used format is SYSTEMTIME, which is a time structure limited s...

MS-Access 2007 Minimize/Maximize Ribbon
Is there a call to minimixe or maximize the ribbon when a form or report opens? "JimP" <jpockmire@att.net> wrote in message news:EZGdnc4su4HgxWzWnZ2dnUVZ_jSdnZ2d@giganews.com... > Is there a call to minimixe or maximize the ribbon when a form or report > opens? You can *hide* the ribbon using: DoCmd.ShowToolbar �Ribbon�, acToolbarNo .... and show it again using: DoCmd.ShowToolbar �Ribbon�, acToolbarYes The only way I know of to *minimize* the ribbon programmatically is to use SendKeys (which I normally avoid like the plague) to ...

Email open underneath Outlook (2002) window
When I OPEN an email message, Outlook opens the message in a new window, but places that window underneath the outlook window. Any idea how to get this new window to open on top of the Outlook window? see if updating your display drivers helps. "Mike Markowitz" <Mike Markowitz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:636AB801-7D0D-46C8-B6D9-3F891C25B8A8@microsoft.com... > When I OPEN an email message, Outlook opens the message in a new window, > but > places that window underneath the outlook window. Any idea how to get this > new window to open on ...

Keep Font format when importing excel into Access
We have an excel spreadsheet that is updated by changing select text to red and highlighting in a text cell. So there are only certain strings where the format is changed and the rest stays as the default format. This select formatting does not carry over when it is imported into an Access database. Is there a way to keep the text format during this process? When working with Access, you would want to recreate the formatting criteria in the reports or forms. The tables in Access only show raw data and do not do any calculations or anything. If you wondering how to recreate th...

Access 2007 problem with 2003 database
I have a database that I developed on my laptop using 2007 on a Vista machine. It was for work, so I saved it in 2003 format. At work, I've done quite a bit of upgrades and inputed a lot of data. I brought it home this weekend to load some more data, but 2007 will not let me add any data to my subform. On the main forms I can add data, but not on my only subform. I didn't change anything from work, so it should work. Additionally I can't convert it to 2007 format. After I open it exclusively, I get the message when I try to convert "can't use file/pathname/nam...

Windows Help
I had trouble getting the ‘Windows Help Troubleshooter ‘ to operate.. I think it could have been after I went to MS Windows Update an downloaded an update. I sought help re this and received a substitute program ‘tshoot. exe. This worked OK for a while but now it has spat the dummie At C:\Windows\HELP I still have the Tshoot. exe file but all it does when I open it is to bring up the corrupted program. Is there a way to get the Windows Trouble Shooter working again? Hi this is an Excel newsgroup :-) So you may better ask this in the general Windows newsgroup -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankf...

Outlook Web Access #23
Can somebody help me with this problem. We are running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 and also using Outlook Web Aecces. However, in Outlook Web Access, we can read emails, but when we try to reply, the screen closes out and does not give the chance to do so. Is there a fix for this. Thanks. ----- Someone wrote: ---- Can somebody help me with this problem We are running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 and also using Outlook Web Aecces. However, in Outlook Web Access, we can read emails, but when we try to reply, the screen closes out and does not give the chance to...

does adobe acrobat conflict with windows 7
Unable to save copies of printed quotes - suspect conflct with Adobe and Windows 7- can someone help? "silverfox7" <silverfox7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A5242CA-83C3-4B9D-A7D9-EED2C7CBF765@microsoft.com... > Unable to save copies of printed quotes - suspect conflct with Adobe and > Windows 7- can someone help? No conflict here on Win 7. What does "unable to save" mean? How does Outlook fit into this? "silverfox7" <silverfox7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A5242CA-83C3-4B9D-A7D9-E...

Disable Copy & Paste files but not text for Windows Server 2008 R2
I have a windows server 2008 r2 and am running remote desktop services. I want to disable cut/paste of files via clipboard/clipbook, while at the same time enabling cut/paste of text via clipboard/clipbook. This is working in earlier version of Windows. Any suggestion is much appreciated. -- Hannkwang ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Hannkwang's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/199146.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-server-help/1319418.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Get Window Pixel
Hello: I have a pixel on the screen that I'm trying to obtain the color. The pixel is found in a static control, which is a class derived from CStatic. class CReflectColorWnd : public CStatic I've tried many ways to obtain the pixel, but I cannot attain the COLORREF of the pixel. I'm wondering if anyone would be kind enough to assist me. I've tried the following in the paint handler. void CReflectColorWnd::OnPaint() { CStatic::OnPaint(); // Call original paint CClientDC dc(this); CBitmap bm; bm.CreateCompatibleBitmap(&dc, 100, 100); CDC memDC; memDC...

Stationary in Windows Live Mail.....
How can I add or create Stationary for Windows Live Mail ? How can I change the folder that Stationary is stored in for Windows Live Mail ? FDLeyda Tools (ALT+T), Options, Compose you'll find options to create new stationery or download. I don't know that there is an option to change the default stationery location. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "FDLeyda" <fdleyda@no_reply.com> wrote in message news:OJ1WpN47KHA.4508@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > How can I add or create Stationary for Windows Live Mail ? > How can I change...

Hiding forms
Hi, Is any anyway to hide all the forms in a database which is much like the hidden tables as show below. Set db = CurrentDb For i = db.TableDefs.Count - 1 To 0 Step -1 db.TableDefs(i).Properties("Attributes").Value = dbHiddenObject Next Thanks This code snippet loops through the AllForms collection and sets the Hidden attribute to True. Dim lngLoop As Long For lngLoop = 0 To Application.CurrentProject.AllForms.Count - 1 Application.SetHiddenAttribute acForm, _ Application.CurrentProject.AllForms(lngLoop).Name, True Next lngLoop To reverse the process: Di...

Scroll window -update the buffer
Hi, I want to change the scroll window line items fields value which are not currently focused (selected line). Ex: If I enter the 5 in line3, the corresponding field in line 1 and 2 should be change to 5. Is it possible without re fill the window after update the table? Regards Jeganeedhi No. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Jeganeedhi" wrote: > Hi, > > I want to change the scroll window line items fie...