Ammend Trusted Locations

Hi,
How can I add locations the Trusted Locations in access 2007 when installing
a packaged database.
Is this possible.

Regards

John

0
John
2/14/2008 8:08:52 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

If course you will need proper permissions, but here is the registry key for
Trusted Locations:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Access\Security\Trusted
Locations\Location1]

AllowSubFolders (REG_DWORD) = 1 Path (REG_SZ)
"C:\MyTrustedDatabaseFolderNo1"
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"John" <johnlee2509@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> How can I add locations the Trusted Locations in access 2007 when
> installing a packaged database.
> Is this possible.
>
> Regards
>
> John

0
Arvin
2/15/2008 4:42:46 AM
Arvin
Thanks for your help.

Regards

John

"Arvin Meyer [MVP]" <a@m.com> wrote in message
> If course you will need proper permissions, but here is the registry key
> for Trusted Locations:
>
> [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Access\Security\Trusted
> Locations\Location1]
>
> AllowSubFolders (REG_DWORD) = 1 Path (REG_SZ)
> "C:\MyTrustedDatabaseFolderNo1"
> --
> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> http://www.datastrat.com
> http://www.mvps.org/access
> http://www.accessmvp.com
>

> "John" <johnlee2509@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> How can I add locations the Trusted Locations in access 2007 when
>> installing a packaged database.
>> Is this possible.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> John

0
John

location of OUTLOOK.PST
Somehow my win 98 boot sequence has been destroyed and I must re-install windows. I will be upgrading to XP when I do. I can boot DOS with my emergency bood disk but cannot determine the directory where my outlook mail and contacts are located. I have a secont hard drive to copy the data to but, so far, have not located the .PST files. I used what ever directory was the standard for outlook (Office 2000 upgraded to Office XP). Any help with locations using DOS paths would be appreciated. Are there other files that I should copy? It will be under C:\Windows\Application Data\Mic...

Can I just move outlook.pst to new location? Outlook 2003
Hi all I want to move my outlook.pst file to a sub folder in My Documents. I'm sure I've done this in the past and when Outlook complained it couldn't find the pst file I simply 'pointed' to the new location and everything worked just fine. Is this the case with Outlook 2003? Can I simply move the pst file? Regards John Yes. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "John Cooper" <john@datasafe.org.uk> wrote in message news:sjai40dv348qggih9eo049j8ob8fdccrc2@4ax.com... > Hi all > > I want to move my outlook.pst file to a sub folder in My Documents. >...

How to make Outlook trust Addin?
*wrongplace* ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

set default save location to PST?
Hello Outlook gurus, In Outlook, you can specify which folder in your default store to save unsent messages (eg: Inbox, Sent Items). But I want the default save location to be in a PERSONAL FOLDER(PST). When I try to set it, I get an error "this folder is not part of the default store". It sounds like by design, Outlook must save unsent items in the mailbox store, not in a PST. Anyone know a way around this? BTW, I'm not a VB programmer... Thanks, Deborah You can have items going into a pst when you have a mailbox in the profile be warned though that the pst will become th...

Locate link browser window problem on Windows 7
Every time I click on a link in an email in Outlook, a "locate link browser" window appears. There's a lot of help on the web to fix it for Win XP, but those steps don't appear to work for Windows 7. I tried pointing it to iexplorer.exe and the window isn't coming up anymore, but it just launches IE and my home page... not the link that was in the email. I've also tried setting the default browser to Firefox... and then the links in emails work. But, if I then try and set the defaul browser back to IE, clicking on a link in an email will launch IE...

Locating a Table object
I am having a problem with the following code: Dim obj As AccessObject, dbs As Object Set dbs = Application.CurrentData For Each obj In dbs.AllTables If obj.IsLoaded = True Then If TblObj.Name = strHoldTableName Then MsgBox "Another user is viewing this record" intBeingViewed = 1 Exit For End If End If Next obj This code is intended to check if a table with the (string) name strHoldTableName exists, but it's not working. Am I missing a reference, or is there another set of cod...

Inbox location
What is the file path for the inbox in outlook express? Depends on your OS. Note - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookex...

MS Office pre-loaded/locate product id?
I got a new Lap top with MS Office pre-loaded. How do I locate 2007 product ID? No CD packaging included. I tried clicking on MS Office button in hopes of finding it to no avail. Thanks Its a Trial Version, do you not have an Activation assistant shortcut on the desktop? "letsDiscuss" <letsDiscuss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22686F81-5D34-4C3F-8457-0FE0B6E61C15@microsoft.com... >I got a new Lap top with MS Office pre-loaded. How do I locate 2007 product > ID? No CD packaging included. I tried clicking on MS Office button in > hope...

Start UP File Location
I have a set of macros that I only want to use in a range of workbooks so I put them in a workbook and put this in the Tools, Options, Alternate Startup file location which is referenced in the workbooks I want to use them on. The problem is this appears to be a univeral setting and applies to all workbooks in the computer. How do I accomplish what I want to do? Someone told me to use XLA's but I haven't figured how to actually call the macro that is in the XLA! Mervyn, This is how to call the macro Application.Run "myAddin.xla'!myMacro", "Hello" ...

Location and File Version of GetReferencedAssemblies()?
Hello - I would like to extract the location and file version (not assembly version) of all referenced assemblies in an assembly. The following will output the names and assembly versions (plus other information) ... Dim lAssemblyNames() As AssemblyName = [Assembly].GetExecutingAssembly.GetReferencedAssemblies For Each lAssemblyName As AssemblyName In lAssemblyNames Console.WriteLine(lAssemblyName.ToString) Next .... but I would like to get the file version and location just like for the executing assembly ... Dim lAssembly As Assembly = [Assembly].GetExecutingAssem...

Move mailbox store location
I've set up a test MS Exchange 2003 system on 2003 server. When I installed Exchange, I installed it to C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\ Can I change that to a different drive now once its been installed? I want to move the mailboxes to the RAID array on the system Hi Steve, This Knowledge Base article should help you out. 821915 How to Move Exchange Databases and Logs in Exchange Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=821915 -- Thanks, James Burrage This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, po...

Axis Data Location
I want the data in column 1 to be the Y axis scale and the data in columns 2 & 3 to show as a trend line in the chart. I have played with this 10 ways to Sunday and can't find how to do this. How do I identify the Row 1 to contain column headings. When I import it asks me but I typed these in and it shouldn't be this well hidden. Thanks in advance. Try deleting the title in the first column best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Michael E W" <MichaelEW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF137D6F-DB...

Same AD forest in different location
I have two branches with the same AD forest and in every branch I have exchange 2003 with sp2 installed with the same exchange organization but the problem I can not send an internel email from branch A to branch B but I can receive email from Branch B to Branch A any help please? - Can Exchange Server in Branch A resolve fqdn of server in Branch B? - Does it have SMTP connectivity to server in Branch B? test by telnetting to Branch B's server. - Are they in the same Routing Group? If not, do they have Routing Group Connectors set up *both ways* (from Branch A to Branch B and from B...

Header and Footer Locations
Excel Newsgroup: Please tell me how I can move the Header and Footer margins in to agree with the Page margins. Thank you, Bernie Beal Bernie You can pad them with spaces to move them in by using Custom Settings. You cannot move them out from their default position. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:59:47 GMT, "Bernie Beal" <bquest@optonline.net> wrote: >Excel Newsgroup: > >Please tell me how I can move the Header and Footer margins in to agree with >the Page margins. > >Thank you, >Bernie Beal > Note: in MacXL 2004 the header and ...

Default file locations in Outlook 2000
Is it possible to change the default file locations in Outlook, like you can in word and excell. i.e. If you right click on an attachment and select save as, Can you change where it looks at? Outlook always will go to where the "My Documents" folder is. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Stew" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06d701c3c60b$535c3e80$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to change the default file locations in > Outlook, like you can in word a...

Locating values in a range and bringing up the corresponding price
Hi, I appreciate if somebody can help me with a formula. In one spread sheet I have a list of products and their weights. In that same sheet I want to create a formula that brings up the corresponding applicable freight $ based on the range in which the weight value falls in the table below, which is on another sheet in the same file. i.e. if the weight is 129 lbs then it should bring up a freight cost of $227 if I am using the Bronze plan. Weights and Corresponding Freight rates Weight (lbs.) Bronze Silver Gold 0-100 $160 $175 $204 10...

Lock shape location to axis values?
Greetings, I have a series of line charts (time-x vs value-y) with axis limits an data ranges updated automatically. I need to come up with a way t identify certain periods of time with shading. But I don't wish t simply draw rectangles because I don't want to have to edit th location of the shapes every time new data is added. Also, I hav about 30 charts to create and maintain. So ... 1. Is there a away to associate shape position/size to axis values? 2. If not, are there other charting options that would allow me t plot time vs value overlayed by bars/columns with widths an...

Report objects missing after transferring .mdb to new location
Hi, I have created a database with only 1 table, many queries, and many reports. The reports contain objects (tables copied and pasted from excel) with fields scattered in relevant positions on the object (it was easier to do this than draw tables in Report Design!) I uploaded the .mdb to a http server and it was subsequently downloaded by my associate to his HDD. The database is blank, the queries still work. However the reports appear in name only (i.e. there is nothing to view). He gets no response from clicking into the particular report design either. He can generate new repo...

computations at odd but specified locations
Hi Apologies to those who are seeing it again. Since there was no response on excel.misc group I'm posting here. I have data available as follows: Segment Value Percentage A 2 B 7 C 5 Total X 3 Y 2 Total Q 4 W 6 E 3 R 8 Total Unforrtunately, as you can see, the rows are unequal. I need to put totals in the cell adjacent to where "Total" occurs. Also, ba...

Is a way to locate specific error messages for Access 2007?
Does anyone know of a searchable list of Access 2007 error messages that is available to general users? It would whole lot easier to be able to go to a specific error message and find out what it means than to wade through bunches of 'knowledge articles'. Especially when it is not clear how the articles relate to the thing one is searching for. Marian "Marian M." <MarianM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F2082BD-23A0-490D-A8B7-713425912433@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know of a searchable list of Access 2007 error messages that > is >...

Locate 1 Customer Account record by multiple names
Multiple entry lines for names on accounts. Many of our customers are same households with different last names. We would like to be able to put both names on the account and be able to locate the account by either name. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane....

Exchange 2003 Will Not Relay Messages From A Trusted Computer
I have an Exchange 2003 server that provides mail services for our domain. I have the following options turned on: Select which computer may relay through this virtual server: Only the list below: And then I have the IP address of the server that I want to relay through my server. I also have the following option turned on "Allow all computers which succesfully authenticate to relay, regardless of the list above" The other mail server is able to relay mail to people inside my organization/domain, but it can not relay mail to anyone outside of the domain, such as user@yahoo.com ...

Sum Based on Cell location in Column
An Excel dilemma... I have a sheet that is updated from another program and it fills the column with numbers that start randomly based on time somewhere between 1 and 600 rows... that is... the data can start at row 256 and continue to 600 or at any other row. I would like to SUM the first 30 Rows when the data starts Automatically coming in. Example First Update Second Update Row Column Row Column 1 0 1 0 2 0 2 0 3 24 3 0 4 36 4 0 5 42 5 20 6 55 6 ...

Chart on a worksheet, find chart location
What kind of VBA command(s) are there to determine if a chart (located on a worksheet) is inside the print range/area? TIA for suggestions/advice The print range (if it's been set) has a topleftcell and a bottomrightcell. The chart also has a topleftcell and a bottomrightcell. The chart could be entirely outside the print range, overlap slightly or be entirely within the print range. I'm not sure what distinction you're looking for, but this may give you a few ideas: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim ChtObject As ChartObject D...

Default Data File Location
The default location of my Outlook 2007 data file is of course on the C:\ drive. However, to ensure that the future bloat of my Outlook .pst files does not cramp my boot drive, I would prefer to have all Outlook (and indeed, all Office 2007) data files to be stored on another drive. So how does one go about changing the default data location? BTW, I am using Windows Vista. Thanks http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm#Relocating_the_pst-file http://vistasupport.mvps.org/move_documents_folder_to_new_location.htm "Clue Less" <schrott@vanish.iname.com>...