All my databases now expect a password

Hi

I have set up a database for a client that required restricted access,
with the use of user names & passwords. For this, I created a
dedicated work group file and set it up that way. Everything has been
working fine, including the customers copy. Now, I have come to make
some changes to it - including splitting the database into a front end
and a back end.

Now, all the databases on my PC are asking me for a user name &
password - it was only intended for the one. What has happened here &
how can I put it right?

Stapes

0
Stapes
8/28/2007 12:47:52 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Aug 28, 7:47 am, Stapes <steve.sta...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have set up a database for a client that required restricted access,
> with the use of user names & passwords. For this, I created a
> dedicated work group file and set it up that way. Everything has been
> working fine, including the customers copy. Now, I have come to make
> some changes to it - including splitting the database into a front end
> and a back end.
>
> Now, all the databases on my PC are asking me for a user name &
> password - it was only intended for the one. What has happened here &
> how can I put it right?
>
> Stapes

Stapes,

It's doing this because you've connected access to the  .mdw file you
created instead of pointing to the .mdw in the shortcut to the data
base.  You will need to reconnect access to the default System.mdw
that comes with access and then reference the security file you
created in your shortcut to your database like this.

 "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11 MSACCESS.EXE" "N:\database
\AviationCenter.mdb"  /WRKGRP "n:\Student\data\Secured.mdw"

I can't remeber where the system.mdw workgroup file is located but if
you seach for system.mdw you should find it.  Hope that helps.

0
Rick

Stoping information store and or dismounting database for reboot
My stupid question is: Is it a best practice to dismount the exchange database and or stop the information store before rebooting the server its running on? Thanks, Bob No - It can make it faster but isn't something you "have to" or "should" do. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "bob vatch&q...

database crisis
hi there I hav exchange 2003 with service pack 2.this obviously lifted the limit of the database from 16 to 18G. in the meanwhile i've moved some mailboxes and deleted unnecessary mail from the server. is there any way to update the database (to be the smaller one) except having to do this offline???? thanks for your help No, to shrink the database you have to dismount it and defrag it using eseutil /d. The 18GB limit can be changed up to 75GB but should only be changed if you have room on the volume. "Craig from Huguenot" <CraigfromHuguenot@discussions.microsoft.com...

Manage your all all passwords and protect your privacy in secure way!
Hello All, PrivacySafer 2007 can manage your all passwords(Windows network logon, your e-mail account, your homepage's ftp password, online passwords, your bank account, etc. etc. etc.) in a secure way and protect your private data(bussiness docment, personal photos, secrets etc) and deter malewares(keylogger, Trojans etc). Main features: - Strong Security - Multiple User Keys - Portable and runs on all windows system - Easy Database Transfer - Support of Password Groups - Time Fields and Entry Attachments - Auto-Type, Auto-login into your app(game,email,ftp etc), Global Au...

Exch 2003 Upgrade
We perfomed an inplace upgrade of Exchange from 2000 to 2003 on a Win2k box. Since then, some users do not show up in the GAL. However, they are listed in the 'Exchange List' in Outlook 2003 in cached mode. Jim: I would try to rebuild on the Recipient Update Services - both of them. It should regenerate your GAL. ScottM "Jim" wrote: > We perfomed an inplace upgrade of Exchange from 2000 to 2003 on a Win2k box. > Since then, some users do not show up in the GAL. However, they are listed > in the 'Exchange List' in Outlook 2003 in cached mode. ...

Corrupted Database
Hi, Last weekend we have a terrible disaster on our Exchange 2003 server. One of the database in one of the storage group got corrupted and this was logged in the event log. Anyone knows what can cause this kind of corruption? Source: ESE Category: Database Corruption Event ID: 447 Information Store (8872) SG1: A bad page link (error -338) has been detected in a B-Tree (ObjectId: 397, PgnoRoot: 7917) of database 'E:\Exchsrvr\SG1\MS4\MStore4.edb' (0 => 7917, 538976288). This causes all others stores within the same storage goup not able to mount/start. If I try to mount ...

password #18
Each time I enter Outlook I receive the message to enter my password. This is new. After entering my password I receive the same box again. What's going on? ...

sa password greyed out?
Has anyone seen where if you go into User Setup and the sa password is greyed out? Never saw this before it stumped me? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated! S Sherry, you cannot change the 'sa' password from within GP, it has to be done from SQL. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com Guys, Just a clarification, this due to a simple reason that SA password is not being passed through GP encryption, so GP does not change its password and uses the same pas...

USB to Serial Converter. Working fine
Bizarre issue last night - I'm working away configuring a Cisco router when bham! the whole laptop crashes. Its a HP with Windows XP Pro on it. Frustratingly I have to power off and reboot. Since the reboot my USB to serial converter just doesn't work anymore. In Device Manager it shows up with a Red X on it. When I go into it it clearly says "This device is disabled. (Code 22). Click Enable Device to enable this device. When you try and enable it, it just says Windows was not able to enable this device. Bizarre as it was working and now not - makes me think Windows ha...

Copying over a database
I am about to open a new store, and I am looking for an easy way to copy over the item data without any of the sales or quantity info that exists already (since that is store specific). Does anyone know a good way to do this, or am I missing something obvious? Thanks! Scot Gerhardt Shuffle & Cut Games Anyone with an idea on this one? (Read: *bump*) Figured this one out on my own - will save anyone reply time. Thanks! ...

forgot standard password
I forgot my standard password for my Money 2003 file. I use a windows 2000 OP. I tried tech support but they were unable to find a way to get me in and recommended I come here. Please help. thank you you may wish to try http://www.iopus.com/password_recovery.htm or some other such application. "david" <davidscanio@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:77a101c3b43f$980a5860$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I forgot my standard password for my Money 2003 file. I > use a windows 2000 OP. I tried tech support but they were > unable to find a way to get me in and recommended I come...

Offline Database Hold Transactions: Where'd They Go?
I had used the Offline Database Feature (Thank Goodness it was There). I had transactions that I could not put on store charge so we put them as "hold" transactions. Now that I have resysenced my database there are no longer there. How can I retreive these? Tony ...

Converting Access 1.x database to Access 2000
Greetings, My Dad has a couple of Access 1.x databases that he wants to convert to Access 2000 (or Excel format). I tried to open them with my version of Access 2000 and when trying to convert database got the following message: This operation is not supported for Microsoft Access 1.x databases. Any suggestions? I tried looking for a converter unsuccessfully on the web. Thank you in advance. Chip I was able to open 1.x Access tables in Excel as an external database query. Go Data, Import External Data, New Database Query. Select MS Access database, find the mdb file, then you...

OWA and Must Change Password
We are running Windows 2003 SP1 and Exchange 2003 SP1. I have setup the Change Password feature of OWA (KB297121), and have the hotfix (included in SP1) 833734. Changing passwords via the 'Change Password' button within OWA works fine. My problem is that when the 'User Must Change Password at Next Login' is checked, the OWA login does not work. It insists the user must enter the correct user and password. The IISadmpwd change password utility works fine - even when the 'User Must change Password' box is checked. How do I get this functionality to work with O...

extract money database
hi friends, how can I extract the data from the money database? for example to transfer it to a plain txt file or an access database... please help The only known way is to take data out to Excel. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/30.aspx -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do not respond to any emails that I have not specifically asked for. "Hernan Batista" <HernanBatista@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1957EA70-DC6D-4EAB-B6D0-4ECB56398E5B@microsoft...

size difference in identical databases
I have two Access 2003 data bases that should be identical. They both have the same structure: two files with 28 fields per record. All data consists of numbers (designated as 'double') There are no forms and two identical queries on each one. They both have exactly the same number of records - 1,675,875. One is 1,808,508 KB. The other is 530,208 KB. I can't account for any differences. The first takes much longer to load as well. Does anyone have any ideas what else I might look for? "Susan L" <SusanL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

get works database into Access
Greetings, I was provided a works database (.wdb) that I need to get into Access 2000 so I can use the data. I do NOT have works so I can export the data in comma delimited format. anybody have any ideas on how to do this ? thanks, Darryl On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:19:30 -0600, "Darryl" <darryl@osborne-ind.com> wrote: >Greetings, >I was provided a works database (.wdb) that I need to get into >Access 2000 so I can use the data. I do NOT have works so >I can export the data in comma delimited format. > >anybody have any ideas on how to do this ? Try openin...

Too few parameters. Expected 1.
I have a couple of complex queries that use a date parameter from a field on a form. These two queries are included in a union query, and a summary query (qryFeeSummaryAllTypesAsOfDate below) is produced using the union query. The two detail queries are the only ones that contain the date parameter. I understand that when queries are run in VBA they need special coding to avoid the "Too few parameters" error, and I am getting this error message. In the code below I attempted to add the needed code regarding the form parameter, but I'm getting "Error 3265 - Item not...

How do I increase all data in database by 5%
I have a database which lists the price of several hun dred items. I want to increase the price of each one by 5%. Is there a formula for this ? Hi type 1.05 in an unused cell somewhere and copy it, select the numbers you want to increase and choose edit / paste special - multiply - OK (note, would suggest doing this on a copy of your workbook first, just in case) -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "Bluejeans" <Bluejeans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3ABF5F7-80E4-4C78-A8D9-D46FBC991032@...

Can't find find database error A2007 and windows vista
Hi Guys, Each time I try to open my database I get this error message: Windows cannot find 'C:\datafile\db1_fe.mdb'. make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. This seems strange as the database opens yet it does not allow me to do anything in the database. The database was created in A2002 as a 2000 database now using A2007 Any help would be appreciated. Lez ...

database connection error
I have my batabase and POS on the same machine as my operation is very small. I find that when the network cable is unpluged i get a database connection error. Can someone explain why that happens if the POS is pointing to the database that is on the same machine and not over a network? Set SO Administrator - File - Configuration - Servername to: (local) instead of your ip address or computer name. This may also be an issue with your SQL server client network utility. "Andaiye" wrote: > I have my batabase and POS on the same machine as my operation is very small. ...

Changing Service Password
Hi all. I need to change the password of the user that is used to start my Microsoft Exchange 5.5 services. I found on the web a procedure to do that, but I need to be sure that this procedure is correct. 1) I need to go on Exchange Admin program and click on the configuration Container. 2) Go to Service Account Password Tab. 3) Type the new password. 4) Go througt UserManagement and change the password for the user Account that I use with my services. 5) Stop and Restart Exchange Services. Is it Ok ? Thanks to all. On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 05:40:04 -0800, "Jonathan" <Jonatha...

Will not verify my username and password!!
I recently purchased Money 2006 Deluxe. I have optained a Microsoft.net password, however, When I us Money 2006 Deluxe, anytime I try to type it in it says that it cannot verify it! My computer is always online w/ a DSL connection. Can anyone shed some light on this? -- Kevin M I have Money 2005 and I just switched to DSL today. I am getting the same message, it won't let me in. Sorry I don't have an answer but I am having the same problem. "Kevin Moher" wrote: > I recently purchased Money 2006 Deluxe. I have optained a Microsoft.net > password, however,...

several passwords for excel workbooks
Hi all I get several thousand of excel files which workbooks are locked I already asked and get a solution on how unlock them with a V program but my problem is following: there are two possible passwords for the excel files I tryed to put the two unlocking lines one after the other: bk.Unprotect Password:="toto" bk.Unprotect Password:="tata" but I get an error, as when I'm treating file which password is "tata" an error message is displayed and the execution of the program stops Is there an equivalent to the java try-catch ? (i was thinking to do someth...

How to protect the footnote with password?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to protect the footnote with password? so other people cannot change it. Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Check out the Help on Protecting a document from unauthorised changes and specifically about protecting certain sections and not others. Then ensure that your Footnote Indicator and Footnote Reference are within a protected section. You cannot protect just the Footnote area. Hope this helps DeanH "Eric" wrote: > Does anyone have any suggestions on how to protect the footnote with > password? so other ...

SP2 for Exchange 2003 is available now
FYI - SP2 is finally out! http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/downloads/2003/sp2/download.mspx -- Regards, Andy D. Rejoice... that is so 2-days-ago... ! (Scroll down for posts from MS on 10/19. :) -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT ----------------------------------- "Andrew Dadmun" <dadmun@no2spam_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uP76f.12010$HA5.9000@newsfe06.phx... > FYI - SP2 is finally out! > > http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/downloads/2003/sp2/download.mspx > > -- > Regards, > Andy D. > > "Bharat Suneja" <bharat@nospam.org&g...