All Columns are not to move

How can I stop the columns from moving to the left of the Table?

--
Roger
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 17:28:39 -0800, Roger <Roger@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>How can I stop the columns from moving to the left of the Table?

You'll have to explain what on Earth you're talking about, Roger. What columns
are "moving"? How?

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
2/4/2008 1:34:53 AM
Good evening John,
I found my own answer:by bringing the cursor to the first cell, the first
column will not scroll to the left anymore; however, when I bring the cursor
to any other cell and scroll to the right, all the columns will scroll by
time and time again to the left.
--
Roger

On Sun, 3 Feb 2008 19:25:01 -0800, Roger <Roger@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Good evening John,
>I found my own answer:by bringing the cursor to the first cell, the first
>column will not scroll to the left anymore; however, when I bring the cursor
>to any other cell and scroll to the right, all the columns will scroll by
>time and time again to the left.

Well... then don't use table datasheets to interact with your data. Use Forms
instead. That's what they're for! Tables are designed to store data, not to
edit it.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John

Moving to Windows from a Mac
I have used Macs for years and think the are the best. However what I dislike is that I am CONSTANTLY having to upgrade my OS just to get the support of many third party apps. Windows XP is 4 years older than Mac OSX Tiger, and companies still support it, run it, and produce software for it. Yet many are moving away from Tiger and requiring that I run the latest Mac OS to run their software, or in the case of Quicken, to get my bank statements. Intuit says that downloading credit card statements via Quicken requires the latest and greatest and so in April of next year will abandon Tige...

Is there a way to rotate a column of data into a row of data?
Hi all, Is there a way to rotate a column of data into a row of data, in Excell 2003? Let's say B8 - B1000, there are so many of them... I want to rotate it into a row form... Thanks a lot! You'll need to explain the rules a little better.... You want to convert 992 vertical cells into one row .....but Excel 2003 only has 256 columns. *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "cfman" wrote: > Hi all, > > Is there a way to rotate a column of data into a row of data, in Excell > 2003? > > Let's say B8 - B1000, there are so many of them... I...

Excel CSV leaving out empty columns from row 17 onwards
Excel omitting commas in random ways !! Anyone come across this ? When I save this file in csv using excel 2003 A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z,AA A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,S,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,S,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,B,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,B,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,B,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,B,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,B,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-...

Publisher 2000 text moves when viewing in Publisher 2003 and up
I received many Publisher 2000 documents from a client. I work for a commercial printer and due to problems separating the colors in Pub 2000, I need to open the files in 2003 or newer. When I open the files in Pub 2003 and 2007 the text reflows incorrectly around some images and even runs through some images. And in some cases where there are no images on the page...only text...the text boxes seem to shift up slightly causing collumns of text not to line up. I am out of ideas for workarounds and my client can not afford the cost for me to manually fix every single text box in the hund...

moving columns
Hi all, I have a sheet in which in row 3 there is data like this: ColumnA B C D E F Customer name 1-30 30-60 60-90 90-270 270-300 what is want is that 270-300 should move in front of 1-30, I mean t say that column F should move in front of Column B but after column A movement should be on basis that in column F, it is written 270-300 and columns may change , i mean to say that sometimes there is no 30-6 and 90-270 column columns may increase or decrease do we have a solution to this thank u al -- Message posted from http...

Validation
I would like to have combo box functionality for the data validation feature in Excel 2000. This doesn't seem to be available in the native validation setup dialog box. Am I missing something? I would like to display the validated items list in the leftmost column and have column(s) of description display to the right of each list item (so I can tell which list item I should select). Suggestions? Many Thanks, Bill Vallance Bill Debra Dalgleish has instructions for creating dependent DV lists. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlDataVal02.html Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 08 Jun 20...

Hid and unhide and clear contents for specific columns at the same time
I have a serious problem with excel programming and i am not able to figureout how to do the following funtions. I have 24 columns. names Jan -Dec ( Actual) then Jan- Dec (Forecast). There is one reference cell A1 ( for current month). - If A1= Jan, I want macro to hide FEB-DEC 9 Actual , and leave FEB-DEC (forecast). -If A1= FEB , I want macro to unhide FEB Actual and hide MAR-Dec ( actual) and at the same time clear contents in FEB (forecast) and hide feb (forecast ). ANd so on I would really appreciate if somene could help me figure out this problem. Thanks Use one of these in the...

Move worksheet to new book
I have 14 worksheets within a workbook. In the middle are worksheets named Sheet1, Sheet2....Sheet10 Is it possible using a macro to see if there is anything written in cell A1 on Sheet1, and if there is, then move it to a new book, and then check Sheet2 and so on? And if there is no information on the worksheet I would like to delete it. TIA Try this against a copy (since it destroys worksheets): Option Explicit Sub testme01() Dim wks As Worksheet Dim iCtr As Long Dim wkbk As Workbook Set wkbk = ActiveWorkbook For iCtr = 1 To 10 'sheet1 throu...

function for Column Position
Simply trying to modify equations (in columns) where long equation covers column letter. Currently using row to designate column by hand, but when cut-paste columns run into problems, just need to have same column Letter Position re-displayed. Thanks...... currently have: =CELL("COL",A67) gets a number, need column letter re-displayed also: not familiar with arrays or vlookup, if answer & you have subject info links Thanks!.... -Nastech I don't quite get what you're doing, but you could use: nastech wrote: > > Simply trying to modify equations (in...

compare cells in two columns
I'm trying to figure out how to get Excel to compare data in two columns and flag cells that are not in the other column. Thanks, Dave H. One way .. Assuming the "master" data list is in col A, A1 down, and the other data is in col B, B1 down you could put in C1: =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(B1,A:A,0)),"","x") and copy C1 down until the last row of data in col B Col C will flag an "x" for those data in col B not found in col A -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "Easydoesit&qu...

Count column difference
Hi Using MSExcel 97. I have two columns of data e.g. A1: A4, containing values 5,10, 3, 6 B1:B4, containing values 3, 8, 7, 4 I wish to perform a count (e.g. in C5) of the number of rows where the value in column A exceeds the respective value in column B (in this case count = 3, as A1>B1, A2>B2, and A4>B4). Just cannot get my formula right. Tried using an array (but difficult when comparing the difference between two columns), and COUNT. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Wizzy ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.co...

Calculate the % increase for two columns
I have a pivot table, the data was first display by date, i know i can use the grouping function to group data into monthly basis. But I want to know that can I set the formula to calculate the months difference between, say the sales amount of June & July, and the % of the difference?? Million thanks If you have a grouped field, you won't be able to add a calculated item to the pivot table. In the source data, you could add a column to calculate the month for each record. Refresh the pivot table, and add the new field Add another copy of the Data field to the data area Right-c...

Lookup two columns
I want to compare the contents of two (adjacent) cells in one sheet with two adjacent cells in another sheet (within one workspace) and if the *pair* of cells are the same, deliver the value in the cell a few columns along (if you know what I mean - like lookup but comparing two cells). The cells are not sorted. Any ideas? Cheers. Bobby If you are comparing A1-B1 sheet 1 to A1-B1 sheet 2, then =IF(AND(Sheet1!A1=Sheet2!A1,Sheet1!B1=Sheet2!B1),"They match","no match") If you have to "lookup" A1-B1 against the whole columns of A and B on sheet2, then kyou co...

Row and columns
In excel my rows are numbered 1 through XXX and my columns are also numbered 1 through XXX. On my other computers using the same current version of Excel the columns are identified using Alpha A,B,C,D etc. Anyone know how to change the columns to Alpha v.s. numbers? Joe, tools, optins, general, and uncheck R1C1 reference style -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Using Excel 2000 & 97 Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it ** remove news from my email address to reply by email ** "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

Nice Column Graph
So I have data like this: Year Month #start #end 2001 1 4 2 2001 2 6 5 2001 3 7 1 2001 4 5 4 2001 5 2 6 ..... I'd like to make a column chart where the year and month are on one axis and then I have a column for each #start and #end for each month/year pair. Is there a way to tell the chart wizard that I want to use those two columns for the x axis and then the #start and #end columns for the other? Thanks. Hi, Remove the 'Year' and 'Month' text from the 2 cells and then select and use the chart wiza...

Excel column and VB.NET
Hello: I an trying to extract info from an excel file and populate datatables in a dataset. One of the columns (a modifier column) I use to filter the info obtained from the excel file contains both alpha and numeric entries. If i create my own test file with the same values and using the same modifiers in this specific column it works fine. Unfortunately if I use a file that was made by another user, my SELECT statement cannot read / detect the rows that have the numeric modifiers. Is there a way to solve this. I have tried changing the cell formating from General to text to number.....But i...

center data labels on my column chart
How do i get my data labels to appear in the center of each column on my chart? Thanks. Click on one of the labels (that will select all the labels in the series) Choose Format>Selected Data Labels Select the Alignment tab From the Label Position dropdown, choose Center Immediately after formatting the first series, if there are other series in the chart -- Select a label in another series Press the F4 button on the keyboard, to repeat the formatting from the previous series Repeat for all series Dan wrote: > How do i get my data labels to appear in the center of > e...

my formats get pushed out when I insert columns
Hi folks, I am having trouble when inserting columns in a large data field. Whenever I insert a column at some point in the data field, th formulas within the data field adjust, or 'stretch', to accomodate th added column, however my conditional formatting gets pushed along t the right and doesn't adapt itself in the same way the formulas do. This means whenever I insert a column, the formulas remain correct bu I have to reset the conditional formatting for the entire data field. I would be extremely grateful for any advice on this situation. Best regards, melvi -- Message pos...

repost: split excel columns
Thank you for the feed back on the below question. When using "text to columns" it seems to create new columns and the info. in one column can be split but I was looking to essentially create two columns in one. For instance, within column D which was widened, I wanted two columns in rows 5:15. I'm trying to convert something into an excel template that is too long and don't want to change any of the column widths already in place. I know you can do this in Word when transferring an excel table. You would right click on the cell and there is a function called split ...

MATCH function; comparing letter grades in columns
I am currently comparing the contents on two cells in columns H & I (for example, cells H10 and I10). The contents are letter grades (i.e., A, A-, B+, B, etc., through E). I have my function tell me if there is any difference between the two columns and report the result (i.e., =93no change,=94 rating decrease,=94 or =93rating increase=94) in th= e adjoining column, J10. I use the MATCH function, and since it can=92t distinguish between the letter grades, I have placed the letter grades in cells M2 through M13. My function is as follows: =3DIF(MATCH(H10,M$2:M$13,0)=3DMATCH(I10,M$2:M$1...

How to change Payee column width in Money?
Money 2002 Standard OEM does all I need, and though I have a couple of later versions around here I've seen no reason to upgrade. The one annoying thing is, when I download a QIF file from my bank, online bill payments show up in the Payee column like this: PEOPLE'S ONLINE BILL PAYMENT CON etc., always with only the first three characters of the payee's name, and since some of the payees' names have similar first three letters it is not as clear as it could be. Is there any way to increase the column width (number of characters)? I have loads of space in that column goin...

Text to Columns from drop down list update
Hi I need to perform a Text to Column conversion from a drop down list, but I also need the extracted value to be updated if the value in the list is changed. eg: Drop down list has 2 values: 1. 4x16K 2. 8x8K If the user selects 1 I can easily extract out to another cell the value 1 using Text to columns, however if the user then changes the choice to 2 the text to columns extraction is not updated to 2. Is there a way to update changes in the original cell using text to columns? Or is there another way I can assign a value to a drop down menu choice in a different cell while havi...

24hr moving average
I need to calculate 24hr moving averages of several columns of imported data (see example below). Column A has date and time the data is collected, the data is initally in approx. 15min cycles, but at the end of the data (about row 1100) data is in hourly cycles. Occasionally the imported data does not record a date or time and occasionally, cycles of data may be missed for various reasons. Example: Date and Time Elevation (mm) RL 24hr Av (mid) 5/11/2005 10:42 -2.7 5/11/2005 10:51 -0.5 5/11/2005 11:05 -0.5 5/11/2005 11:19 -0.8 5/11/2005 11:34 -0.3 5/11/2005 11:49...

moving margin in the brochure template
I have tried everything and can't move the right marign in the brochure template any help would be greatly apprceciated. thanks Are you trying to move it beyond your printer's limitation? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Angie" <Angie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C47C2F9-88BF-4BED-92E2-F2ABF5AF6AE1@microsoft.com... >I have tried everything and can't move the right marign in the brochure > template any help would be greatly apprceciated. thanks Arrange, layout guides. What template are you using? Most all of the brochu...

not repeating text boxes in reports with columns
Hello, I am trying to create a report with columns without repeating certain text boxes. Here is an example of what I would like to create: [Date] "Month1" [Date] "Month2" [Date] "Month3" [Product] "Product1": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product2": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product3": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product4": [q...