after crash forms display #NAME?

Hello,

 I was working on my Db when all of a sudden it crashed. I saved a backup
and closed it down. I opened the back up and now on my main " Job
Information" form, almost all of my text boxes with equations display
"#Name?". Some of the text boxes reference other tables, some other forms,
and some the same form they are located on. I checked the data source an a
select few boxes and all the data, according to my table, is correct. Its
worth noting that the entire DB was working perfectly before this crash.

   Now if i go into design mode for the form, delete any text box, then
using the "add existing field" menu drag the text box back onto the form, All
of the text boxes including the one i draged in will then display the correct
data. I then save the form, save the database and close it. When i open it
back up however, all the boxes display #Name? again. Ive also noticed that
before the crash the file was around 8mb now its 1.6mb. Is there a way to
restore the DB to its working form? What happened to the other 7megs of my
data?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 18:21:10 -0800, idtjes3
<idtjes3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

The best way to restore the DB is to restore the db. That is, restore
a previously made backup. If you don't have one, you have joined the
club of sadder but wiser men.
The file size difference is because of compacting. Nothing to worry
about.
#Name? could be because the table or query underlying your form is
corrupt or not the version you think it is. Inspect that first.

-Tom.

>Hello,
>
> I was working on my Db when all of a sudden it crashed. I saved a backup
>and closed it down. I opened the back up and now on my main " Job
>Information" form, almost all of my text boxes with equations display
>"#Name?". Some of the text boxes reference other tables, some other forms,
>and some the same form they are located on. I checked the data source an a
>select few boxes and all the data, according to my table, is correct. Its
>worth noting that the entire DB was working perfectly before this crash.
>
>   Now if i go into design mode for the form, delete any text box, then
>using the "add existing field" menu drag the text box back onto the form, All
>of the text boxes including the one i draged in will then display the correct
>data. I then save the form, save the database and close it. When i open it
>back up however, all the boxes display #Name? again. Ive also noticed that
>before the crash the file was around 8mb now its 1.6mb. Is there a way to
>restore the DB to its working form? What happened to the other 7megs of my
>data?
0
Tom
1/23/2008 3:42:47 AM
Thanks thats what i was afraid of. What about this repair and compile option
ive heard about?

"Tom van Stiphout" wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 18:21:10 -0800, idtjes3
> <idtjes3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> The best way to restore the DB is to restore the db. That is, restore
> a previously made backup. If you don't have one, you have joined the
> club of sadder but wiser men.
> The file size difference is because of compacting. Nothing to worry
> about.
> #Name? could be because the table or query underlying your form is
> corrupt or not the version you think it is. Inspect that first.
>
> -Tom.
>

> >Hello,
> >
> > I was working on my Db when all of a sudden it crashed. I saved a backup
> >and closed it down. I opened the back up and now on my main " Job
> >Information" form, almost all of my text boxes with equations display
> >"#Name?". Some of the text boxes reference other tables, some other forms,
> >and some the same form they are located on. I checked the data source an a
> >select few boxes and all the data, according to my table, is correct. Its
> >worth noting that the entire DB was working perfectly before this crash.
> >
> >   Now if i go into design mode for the form, delete any text box, then
> >using the "add existing field" menu drag the text box back onto the form, All
> >of the text boxes including the one i draged in will then display the correct
> >data. I then save the form, save the database and close it. When i open it
> >back up however, all the boxes display #Name? again. Ive also noticed that
> >before the crash the file was around 8mb now its 1.6mb. Is there a way to
> >restore the DB to its working form? What happened to the other 7megs of my
> >data?

> What about this repair and compile option ive heard about?

That would be "Compact and repair database". With the database open, in
Access 97 through 2003, click on Tools | Database Utilities...| Compact and
repair database.

If you are working in Access 2007, you need to click on the Office button |
Manage | Compact and Repair Database.

If this does not fix the problem, then try the steps outlined in my Access
Links.doc Word document, on page 3, in the section that is titled "My
standard advice for attempting to fix minor corruptions". You can download a
copy from here:

     http://www.accessmvp.com/TWickerath/

Tom Wickerath
Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.accessmvp.com/TWickerath/
http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/expert_contributors.html

"idtjes3" wrote:

> Thanks thats what i was afraid of. What about this repair and compile option
> ive heard about?
Thanks alot Tom you might have saved me the headache of loosing a day of
work. will try when i get to work.

"Tom Wickerath" wrote:

> > What about this repair and compile option ive heard about?
>
> That would be "Compact and repair database". With the database open, in
> Access 97 through 2003, click on Tools | Database Utilities...| Compact and
> repair database.
>
> If you are working in Access 2007, you need to click on the Office button |
> Manage | Compact and Repair Database.
>
> If this does not fix the problem, then try the steps outlined in my Access
> Links.doc Word document, on page 3, in the section that is titled "My
> standard advice for attempting to fix minor corruptions". You can download a
> copy from here:
>
>      http://www.accessmvp.com/TWickerath/
>

> Tom Wickerath
> Microsoft Access MVP
> http://www.accessmvp.com/TWickerath/
> http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/expert_contributors.html
>
> "idtjes3" wrote:
>
> > Thanks thats what i was afraid of. What about this repair and compile option
> > ive heard about?
Let me know if that is enough to fix the issue. If the problem still
persists, I still have a few more things that you can try out.

Tom Wickerath
Microsoft Access MVP

"idtjes3" wrote:

> Thanks alot Tom you might have saved me the headache of loosing a day of
> work. will try when i get to work.

how to hide standardnavigation in form
Hi, How can I hide the standard recordnavigation in the bottom of a form? Susan Open the form in design view. Right-click the small square in the upper left corner of the form and select Properties. On the Format tab find "Navigation Buttons". Change that option to "No". "susan" wrote: > Hi, > > How can I hide the standard recordnavigation in the bottom of a form? > > Susan > > > On Feb 27, 7:43=A0am, "susan" <duff...@hetnet.nl> wrote: > Hi, > > How can I hide the standard recordnavigation in the bo...

Exchange 2003: Contacts Display Name
We recently migrated to Exchange 2003, and are noticing a slight problem. Under Exchange 2000, when an internet user sent us a message, and that user was a contact in Active Directory, the display name we set in AD would show up in e-mail, overriding what the user set at home. Under Exchange 2003, this is no longer the case. Are we missing a setting somewhere?? Environment: Windows 2000 AD Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 Enterprise. Thanks for any help ...

Calculated Field in form to table
Can you take a calculated field from a form and pull it in to a table?? ...

Linking forms field and table field .
Dear All, I have a form but i could not move to the next record and even i could n't save the records to the table. How can a table and a form fields can be linked.I'm encountering #Name error. Can anybody look out the form and advise me. Help is deeply welcome. Rgds, Aligahk06 aligahk06, >> How can a table and a form fields can be linked. A form can have, as it's RecordSource, a table, or a query Most times, it's a query. Place your cursor in your form's RecordSource textbox, and click the arrow that appears on the right. Using th...

cmbo box on subform fills fields on form when chkbx is yes
I have a multi-tabbed form that details bid data ranging from pricing to contact info to departmental notes. Page two has a subform listing general contractors to whom we bid. One bid may have 10-15 contractors listed. When a purchase order is issued from one of these contractors I select a checkbox indicating that GC. I would like the opening page on this tabbed form to show the address and contact info for that GC when the checkbox is yes. Is this possible? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200803/1 On Mar 17, 3:04=A0p...

Always see Unbound list box borders when printing a form
I have a Form that has some unbound list boxes. The form gets some of its data from a previous/linked form, but gets other data from a separate table in the database that has a join field to certain data items on the two forms. No matter what I do to the Borders of the unbound list boxes (make white, make Invisible, change style, etc.), I can't get rid of the border from showing up when I PRINT the form! It does not show up in Form view, or even print preview! ... but DOES show up when printed out. Any tips/ideas? I've printed to three different printers, so it does...

Visual Basic forms
Please Help, There must be a million references to what I'm asking but I can't seem to find it. All I'd like to do is create a form in Visual Basics which contains a combo box, aka a dropdown list, but I am having a difficult time trying to figure out how to tie in the data into the combo box which would of course display the list. Can someone please help. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Is there a way to call the information from a current list on a worksheet? If so how? But it needs to be in VBA. Set the Combo's RowSource property to the address of the wo...

Excel Crashes After Autosum or Sum

table and form not calculated in synch
Help says to open a piviot table but I am having trouble making my columns add up to total for each indivudual ID. The totals are being calculated only in th e form view which does not up date the original table and does not transfer to a report. How can I get a feild to calculate specific feilds so that I can run these reports? ...

ok , i'm making name tags for an event....have to change the name
here is my problem....I am doing name crads.... so i have to change the name on each crad.....and i am lost as how to do that.....and then they all print out with the different names...Thank you... Fran You will have to build a data base and use mail merge. Help here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Fran Buettner" <Fran Buettner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B872C0E-4FDA-4899-80DA-95609AA63623@microsoft.com... > here is my problem....I am doing name crads.... so i h...

color according to name
If the name "Dave" appears in B3, I want C3-Z3 to have a blue background color. What's that formula? dzelnio Select C3:Z3 and Format>Conditional Formatting>Formula is: =$B3="Dave" Format to Blue. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 10:47:29 -0700, dzelnio <dzelnio@yahoo.com> wrote: >If the name "Dave" appears in B3, I want C3-Z3 to have a blue >background color. > >What's that formula? > >dzelnio Works great! Thanks Dave On Jul 5, 1:39 pm, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote: > Select C3:Z...

Duplicate Names in List
Searched various sites listing "Duplicate" data but I just cannot piece it all together. Have a UserForm to get text - "CustName" - but prior to adding this to my customer list - range "Customers" - I want to search for that current customer. If it is found I want program to stop and return to range "CustList". I have completed the code for when there is not a duplication. How on a command button do you set the accelerator to be "Enter"? Thanks for all the assistance.... Kev You could use a worksheet function to check it, such as ...

I cannot change name of folder sometimes
I have Windows Vista Ultimate. Quite often I try to change or update the names of a folder, and Vista would not let me allow, and I get dialog boxes telling me that I cannot have access, or do not have persmission, etc, and I get these denials even after I closed all the other files. It gets annoying that I get the "NO" after I already typed the new names. I am the only person who have access to this home PC. How can I change this so the computer will let me change names anytime I want to? Thanks in advance. I just tried again, and I got the Dialog Box tha...

Wrong message displayed
If I move messages to another folder (archive), then go back to read the message, it shows one message, no matter which one I select. It doesn't display any of the other messages. Where might this 'archive' folder be located ? 1. Storage folders 2. Email account If 2, is this a pop3, IMAP, or Hotmail(Http) account ? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Marlon Medina" <MarlonMedina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93E6F96B-3619-4491-ADEA-DC84385C3374@microsoft.com... > If I move messages to another folder (archive), then go bac...

PUB file crashes Publisher on open
I have a publisher file that crashes MS Publisher on open, even tried some recovery programs and they crashed. Is it a lost cause? How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198256/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx <dmahlitz@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1161174335.508250.183640@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... >I have a publisher file that crashes MS Publisher on open, even tried > some rec...

Display only duplicate values and delete UNIQUE Items
All I have a very large list of data and on a monthly basis i need to display only the duplicate items in a spreadsheet. I would like to do this in VBA and then run it as a macro on the spreadsheet. Alot of the sites that i have seen only show how to removed the duplicates. Excel 2007 has a function which removed all duplicates but so far i have found nothing that only displays the duplciates.... any ideas anyone? Assuming that the field you use to determine uniqueness is column A, you can put this formula in a helper column: =3DIF(COUNTIF(A:A,A2)>1,"Duplicate","Unique&...

PC-Charge user name.
How can I sync. Usernames "user1" at PC-Charge and register #1 at RMS. I can't charge the default user name "user1" at PC- Charge. Call verifone tech support and tell them you are setting up PC-Charge with RMS. They will issue you a complimentary additional user that you can call "1". You can find the number on the verifone web site.. Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that al...

Display order of Bar Chart
How do I get a bar chart to display my data in the order I created it rather then in a sort ascending or descending order. I created my vertical axis categories in the exact order I want the bar chart to display the data however, when the chart is created is rearranged into ascending order of the data not in the order of the categories as I developed it. That is not how Excel behaves; when the data is in rows, the first category of the first row is at the bottom of the bar chart and so on, regardless of the y-values best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.s...

User logon name: President #2
I've got another problem with my boss's account. His user name is President, but his Alias is f.e. AAA (email AAA.BBB@domena). Almost everything is working (OMA, OWA, exchange mail access), but when I'm trying to connect from Outlook 2003 using POP3 is saying that pop3 doesn't accept user name or password - President as well as AAA (alias). In other accounts this is working good. Is maybe President prohibited user name? Regards Filip ...

Rebuilding Exchange 2003 with same name and IP
Our company has two Exchange 2003 servers that have the users split between them. One of the servers is getting errors so I am going to rebuild it. The plan is to move the mailboxes from the bad server to the other server. My question is do I need to uninstall Exchange from the bad server before I rebuild it to remove that server from the organization or since I am rebuilding the server with the same IP, name and everything can I just rebuild it and reinstall Exchange on it and it will see that it is the same name and IP. Thanks for the help. Mike it is safer to move the mailboxes first...

Identical Name on multiple workbook pages
As a hardened Excel/VBA nut, I'm probably going to be really embarrased when I get the answer to this, but here goes... I have a workbook containing a worksheet that records weekly data. I have a named range ("Data") which I select then clear, via GoTo. Each week, I copy the latest week's worksheet and create a new worksheet for the new week. And each week, I select the range "Data" and clear it in the most recently created worksheet. the thing is, I always thought that Range names were unique across a workbook, and that you couldn't have the same Range N...

Alpha sort names/numericals
I have 2 columns. 1st column has names, 2nd has numerical values relevant to the names. How can this data be alpha sorted and keep the same name/numerical data. data/sort "dane" <dane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9565E66-9FC0-48BF-A06B-FF51E184A8A1@microsoft.com... > I have 2 columns. 1st column has names, 2nd has numerical values relevant to > the names. How can this data be alpha sorted and keep the same name/numerical > data. Hi Dane, Please state clearly what the problem is. If you sorted and got the names sorted and the numbers did not...

PowerPoint crashing while using Slide Library
What: I wanted a way to have many individuals owning and updating content, as well as one place to display all of the content so I decided a PowerPoint presentation built off a slide library would be an effective way to facilitate this. Whats the issue: I wanted one slide to be the overview slide showing all the content within, and links to the individual slides with the actual content. Creating these links and hitting save crashes powerpoint. (Note: I tried the same steps with a PowerPoint presentation that was not created from a slide library and it did not crash.) He...

How to obtain the name of ODBC definition used in a spreadsheet?
How do I get the name of the ODBC def used in my spreadsheet? How do I migrate my spreadsheet (with the ODBC connection) to a different computer and change the name of the ODBC def to a new name, available on the new computer? best regards evds@tekton-it.be ...

help with the syntax for using range name in a formula?
I have --------=3D+AVERAGE(SMALL(B7:B19,{1,2,3}))-------------. I want to replace B7:B19 with =93Myrange=94 but I can=92t seem to get the syntax right. excel says error in formula. Thks in advance for any help BRC Hi =AVERAGE(SMALL(Myrange,{1,2,3})) have you created Myrange? have you spelt it correctly? -- Regards Roger Govier "BRC" <brc1051-googrps@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d0e09817-22dc-4c36-b60d-67a397067441@h9g2000yqa.googlegroups.com... > I have --------=+AVERAGE(SMALL(B7:B19,{1,2,3}))-------------. I want > to replace B7:B19 with �Myra...