adjusting the height of text boxes in a report

I'm creating a report that is required to be in a specific format which has a
text box in the detail followed by a subreport directly to the right of the
text box.  The subreport will grow depending on the amount of data.  What I
want is the text box adjacent to it to be sized on the report equal to the
subreport.

What I've tried writing is:

Dim height as interger
height = reports.item("subreport").windowheight
me.textbox.height = height

but I get the error stating that subreport cannot be found.  Is this the
right code or what am I doing wrong.

Thanks
Dan
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Reports.Item is invalid: you need a report name in there, like
Reports("NameOfReport").Item("subreport").windowheight

Note, too, that "subreport" needs to be the name of the subreport control on
the report. Depending on how you added the subreport, the name of the
subreport control can be different than the name of the report being used as
a subreport.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"DanWH" <DanWH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm creating a report that is required to be in a specific format which
> has a
> text box in the detail followed by a subreport directly to the right of
> the
> text box.  The subreport will grow depending on the amount of data.  What
> want is the text box adjacent to it to be sized on the report equal to the
> subreport.
>
> What I've tried writing is:
>
> Dim height as interger
> height = reports.item("subreport").windowheight
> me.textbox.height = height
>
> but I get the error stating that subreport cannot be found.  Is this the
> right code or what am I doing wrong.
>
> Thanks
> Dan

0
Douglas

List Box Options
I'm designing a form that's used for tracking training for various individuals, and their names were added to the simple list box. My question is how do I show the selected names from the list box in the database column marked "Names"? All I wnt to accomplish when I'm done is a report that shows how many trainings each individual attended the date of the trainings an it's topic. -- Scott Scott: Your going to have to have a criteria in order to tell it what you want done. "Scott" wrote: > I'm designing a form that's used for tracking ...

transfer data from one text box in a form to another
how do i transfer data from one text box located on a form to another text box located on a sub-form on the main form. complicated i know. what vba code do i use. any solutions thank you you need to specify if you want to make the operation after which event in subform. then you need to put something like this: [textboxinsubform] = Forms!FormName![texboxinform].text LD -- Lorenzo Díaz Cad Technician "vss85" wrote: > how do i transfer data from one text box located on a form to another text > box located on a sub-form on the main form. complicated i know. ...

Split Report
I have a report that prints out Product names. The longest product name is 4" wide. Because of the amount of names this report generates 2 pages. Is there a way I can put the second page in the first page to the right in the other 4" left of space? Mario, In your report go to your page setup window and select the Columns Tab. Number of Columns: 2 Column Spacing: 0" Column Layout is typically Down, then Across if you want to read down the list. Make sure your page margins are set to 0.25" left and right so you have 8" available. When you design...

Color coding text boxes with VB...Please Help!!
Hello, Right now, I have a form with a subform. In the table that the subform uses is a field called trDueDate and trDateCompleted. The subforms has a text box that shows trDueDate and color codes it based on some criteria. If trDateCompleted has a date in it, then I want it green. If trDateCompleted is empty and the due date is past todays date, then I want it Red, other wise I want the textbox to be yellow. Now I got this to work when there is only one record, which is on a different form/subform. Im not sure how to do this when there is multiple records. PHP has a fetch_array f...

VBA to Format Row Height
I am new to VBA and I am having difficulty writing code that achieves the following: If the number of characters (text) in cell B4 >115 then adjust row B's height to 30, else row B height remains 20. I need to do this for rows B thru M (i.e., If M4>115 the Row M's height =30) I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. columns b-m or rows 2-?? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Bob" <Bobkennedy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:d7d03902.0404090819.5009248d@posting.google.com... > I am new to VBA and I am having difficulty writing code tha...

reports grand totaling
Long story short, instead of using the subtotal function in reports, I was forced to just create a simple SUM of each column in the report, not a big deal. Now I need a grand total for all of the columns at the very bottom of the reports. Using subtotaling will not work in my particular case. The report looks very similar to the Case Summary report except instead of having a count of cases, I have a count of emails, calls, etc. associated with each case. Any ideas? ...

Store Names on X and Z Reports
After upgrading to 2.0.0123 when I print my X and Z reports they do not show with the store names at the top any more...Can anyone tell me how to fix this issue... Thanks Anthony Laidler Can anyone tell me how to update the x and z report receipt format so that it will show the name of the store at the time...Thanks and Happy Holidays. "Anthony Laidler" wrote: > After upgrading to 2.0.0123 when I print my X and Z reports they do not show > with the store names at the top any more...Can anyone tell me how to fix this > issue... > > Thanks > Anthony Laidler ...

EDC Settlement Report
We began processing with MercuryPay after moving from another processor. Now there is a time difference of 1 hour between the time printed on the credit card receipt and the transaction time that prints on the EDC Settlement report. The time printed on the EDC Settlement report is 1 hour later than the actual transaction time. Actual transaction time is Central Standard Time and the settlement report is Eastern Standard Time. Global Payments are processed in Eastern Standard Time, but I would think the RMS EDC reporting would be local to the server or the computer the report ...

Weekly Reporting on Multiple Project Status
(Brand new Project user) I need an easy way to report on multiple (20+) project status every week, including detailed task status, key deliverables for the week, current challenges, and notes. I do not need to track resources or budget. I was hoping to set up a project file that would essentially track all these independent projects at that level of detail, that I would be able to easily update with data reported to me for a weekly report for the overall team and management. Currently, we do this by updating a Word doc (tracking changes) and an Excel spreadsheet. Does anyo...

Can not see text in Excel when cell format is set to wrap text
When I select wrap text in format cell, or open an Excel file with wrap texted, the text is not visible. Tried changing row height & column width, but does not help. One way to make text "invisible" is to set the text font color the same as the background color. Make sure this is not happening. Make sure the text is not heavily indented Make sure there are not an excessive number of hard returns at the beginning of the text. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200725 "Mark" wrote: > When I select wrap text in format cell, or open an Excel file with wrap > ...

Custom Aging report
My boss wants an aging report that only shows 61-days and over. I can do this in smartlist of course - but how can I automate it where he gets it emailed to him on the 15th of the month? There are a couple of ways, I am sure, to accomplish this. I would generate a Crystal Report to a PDF and have that emailed using a tool such as KnowledgeSync -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Michael@nyresume.com" wrote: > My...

Report Back on 2007 No es Bueno!!!
Ok - so we started at my company with 2003, and I created a site to report numbers for sales on our intranet sharepoint, and everything was great! Now, with switching to 2007, it no longer automatically reports back to the other sheets!!! It's creating a bit of confusion for the people trying to view the reports, and I would like to get this fixed!!! How do I get The MAIN sheet to report back to the INDIVIDUAL sheets with having to click four buttons... I want it to do so automatically like it did in 2003!!! Thanks!! I am sure that others will be like me and think that ...

Crystal Reports Graphs
I have developed several reports for RMS using Crystal Reports 8.5. We have taken them to the next level and began including graphs, but the graphs are not appearing on some of our demo machines. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

owner draw list box #2
hi, I want to have a list box with check box and text displayed. My text should behave a link. For that i derived a class from CCheckListBox and able to draw check box along with text underlined which now looks like a link. But the problem is when is click on the link, the text is overwriting check box. Can anyone help in this? Thanks Balaji Sounds like you are not accounting for the space the checkboxes take when you are drawing out your text. You should move your text to the right some to give the checkboxes room to draw. This one doesn't have checkboxes, but perhaps some of the c...

reported error (0x8004210A):
I have just installed Office 2003, over Office XP Pro. Outlook reports this error on all email accounts, I have tried deleting the accounts and re-installing them to no avail. I have Google searched, for answers but, none give a clear answer. Task 'smtp server name - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A): 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provide (ISP).' -- Ride safe Barry <���> abbl@att.net Sunny Ocala, FL 34482, USA ...

borders cut off text
I use Excel 2000 at work. When I outline multiple cells with borders in a worksheet, the borders gradually shift up horizontally, so at the bottom of the page, the borders cut off the text within the cell. This only shows up when I print, and does not show up on print preview. This only happens when I print from my PC, not from other PCs in my office using the same printer. I have downloaded Office updates but this has not helped. I would appreciate any help! Hi only as an idea: try to update your printer driver -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany janet wrote: > I use Excel 2000 ...

Reply text is not seen #2
When I send a calendar invite from Outlook 2003 (Stu Teach Ed) to my wife who uses Outlook 2000, when I open the reply e-mail, I cannot see any text that she types in her reply. We have tried this with other users in her office with the same result. This is strange since if I open her reply e-mail in IE 6 using my web-based e-mail I can see the reply text. It's only when I open it in Outlook 2003 that it cannot be seen. ...

email format is changed from HTML to Text
I haven't done any research on this, I hope someone has the answer. Sometimes when I reply to a message, the email format is changed from HTML to Plain text automatically, It does't happen when I am writing a new email, it is just sometimes when I am replying. Are you sure that the message to which you are replying is HTML and not just plain text with foreign encoding? For example, I set the encoding for this message to Turkish, but it is still plain text. It just doesn't appear that way (to me anyway, and possibly also you). Ray at work "Alex Perez" <aperezny@h...

Setting the size of box that your email opens in
All of a sudden when I click on an email from my Inbox, it now opens in a full screen. I have tried clicking on the Maximize and/or Restore size buttons in the upper right hand corner, but they do nothing. I tried to get my pointer to the edges to drag in the box, but it will not allow me to do this. This just occurred in the last day. Prior to that, all was fine. I am using Windows 7. Make sure the Maximize/Restore Down button is showing one box, not two. You should be able to resize it with the cursor now. Close all other windows first, and the resized window last. -- ...

Dialog box does not close when I exit from outlook 2000
Why Outlook don not close the dialog box After of Exit from the Outlook ...

Combo Box Question 12-19-09
I have several Combo Boxes that need to use the same choices. Is there a way to only use this code 1 time & all the Combo Boxes offer the same choices or do i have to enter this code for every Combo Box? My Combo Boxes are "Type_Work_601-623" & "Type_Work_701-723" 'Type Work to be Done With Me.Type_Work_601 .AddItem "ADD:" .AddItem "ASSIGN:" .AddItem "EXTEND:" .AddItem "MODIFY:" .AddItem "MULTIPLED" .AddItem "REASSIGNED" .Ad...

number of reports
I am using access 97. Is there a way to get number of report instead of manually count it one by one? Thanks. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Could you please be more specific? "number of report" has no real meaning to me. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "hakeem777 via AccessMonster.com" wrote: > I am using access 97. Is there a way to get number of report instead of > manually count it one by one? Thanks. > > -- > Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com > > ...

Not-trivial reports
Hi everybody, regarding the use of Access reports: is it possible to represent the retrieved records in the form of a table (cells with borders)? (And without separations between records, that is, all the records in the same table). Another question: what is, in your opinion, the best way of inserting text from a word document in a report? I would like to include automatically a few pages of a word document before the data obtained from a report. Thanks in advance, Sergio I don't know about including a portion of a Word document but you can display the borders of your text boxes and...

Comment Box
Is it possible to assign the comment box (ctrl +F10) to an item, so when that item is sold the comment box appears to force the cashier to enter details. Any help would be great. Thanks -- Gary yes it is a small development - is it for all items or some items? Afshin Alikhani - afshin@retailrealm.co.uk Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = = "Gary McManus" <GaryMcManus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:122A0F00-3BDC-4B9C-8BAC-4A31587EC57A@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to assign the comment box (ctrl +F10) to an item, so when > that > item is sold th...

Problem displaying modal dialog box from a dynamically linked regular dll
hi All, i try to call an exported dll function which should create a modal dialog box from an *.exe file. the dll is a regular dynamically linked mfc based dll. my exported function looks like this void CreateDlg() { AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStaticModuleState()); CDlg dlg(AfxGetMainWnd()); dlg.DoModal(); } the problem is, that i can see the dialog but it is stuck and the main Dialog window doesn't reponse either. so i have to kill the application. does the code lack of some function overloading ? or message processing ? thanks for any response. I just build a sample and I am not ab...