Adding a command button to a switchboard

How do I add a command button to my main switchboard and associate it with
opening a report filtering a set of records between given dates? I have a
switchboard designed and working. It is to make the application more polished
and user friendly for those who don't know how to write queries and don't
want to know; they just want to filter records with a touch of the button.

Thanks in advance for any help on this matter.

Shepherdess
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

The same way you created the Switchboard-->Tools-->Database Utilities--
>Switchboard Manager unless you have reached the maximum number of buttons on
it.

shepherdess wrote:
>How do I add a command button to my main switchboard and associate it with
>opening a report filtering a set of records between given dates? I have a
>switchboard designed and working. It is to make the application more polished
>and user friendly for those who don't know how to write queries and don't
>want to know; they just want to filter records with a touch of the button.
>
>Thanks in advance for any help on this matter.
>
>Shepherdess

jahoobob
7/12/2007 3:03:15 PM
On Jul 12, 8:38 am, shepherdess
<shepherd...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> How do I add a command button to my mainswitchboardand associate it with
> opening a report filtering a set of records between given dates? I have aswitchboarddesigned and working. It is to make the application more polished
> and user friendly for those who don't know how to write queries and don't
> want to know; they just want to filter records with a touch of the button.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help on this matter.
>
> Shepherdess

Shepherdess,

Are the filter dates static, or set by the user?  That will drive part
of your design.  I am assuming you want the user to be able to set the
date range, in which case you'll need to allow the user to populate
the dates on the form, then call OpenReport with the "WHERE" argument
that contains your criteria.

Are you using the MS Access Switchboard, or one of your own creation?
The MS Access Switchboard uses the same form for every menu, so if you
add text boxes, they would show up on all menus.  That is, unless you
do some fancy coding to work around that.

Glad you're thinking about the user first!

Brandon Smith-Daigle
http://accesspro.blogspot.com (access tips for non-programmers)

0
bsmith59

Outlook 2000
The accept, decline, and tentative buttons are missing when I receive a meeting request. The request comes through as a regular email message. I have searched the knowledge base and I can't find anything for 2000 using exchange server. Thank you. ...

Run Workflow button is not displayed
Hi, I have defined an on-demand workflow for a custom entity. As an administrator I can see Run Workflow button in both views and form of the custom object, but a user with salesperson role cannot see the button. I checked that Salesperson role has "Execute Workflow Job" permission enabled. I appreciate your advise. ------------------- Ali B On the workflow itself chec kthe Scope is set to the appropriate level. Or other wise share the workflow with any user you like using Actions > Sharing -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Extended Entity and Plug-i...

Change Header/Footer w/ Worksheet Option Buttons
I have a workbook named QUOTES that uses a referenced add-in workbook named Add-In which contains all code to manipulate QUOTES. I have 2 option buttons on Sheet1 in QUOTES. One named optAdTech and the other optFormetco. These option buttons represent two different companies. I need to change the Header and Footer information to whichever company option button is true when the quote is printed in the BeforePrint Event in QUOTES. What is the best way to do this? Note: Left Header is company logo, Right Header is company address, Center Footer is text. Would it be possi...

repetitive added words
I have a spreadsheet with colums one with number and second with alphabetic list . Now i wanted to add the same word RR3 to the right end of each row of the second colum. I know we can create macro but i don't seem to succeed doing it in excel it is my first time macro in excel they do not work like in Word.Thanks 17 - BARA BRAES FARMS (OCT) RR3 16 - BARBER, John, Gloria, Patrick (JULY) 17 - BARAGAR, Allen, Gordon, Willogene, Kathy (OCT) -- XP home , Office 97 any or all responses are gratefully accepted and thank you ...

Save Button
For save or save related button, Floppy symbol is used. Since Floppy is obsolete now, this symbol can be changed. Because new generation people don't know about Flobby. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...

where's the "encoding" button for changing the language?
where's the "encoding" button for changing the language? i dont know how to do in this microsoft office outlook 2003. i want read some mail in chinese . ...

Adding a secondary axis to an exisitng chart
When working through the Excel Help explanation, I can't find the "Series Options" Where is it? Right click on one of the data series in the chart and from the shortcut menu use Format Series; Open the Axis tab and click on the Secondary Axis option If the chart is column you will need some extra steps; see http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColumnsOnTwoAxes.html best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Randy" <Randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FC975C6-5734-43C2-AA3C-49D59E5A86BC@microsoft.c...

Adding Months of Data from a Crosstab Query
I am building an expression where I add the first 4 months of sales so that it is contained in one column. However, when I run the query I receive all the 4 months of numbers in one cell instead of in total. For example, I'll get 4.352.10 instead of 6.45. Here is my SQL Code: SELECT [Qry_AIT_FSE _COGS_Summary_Crosstab].Region, [Qry_AIT_FSE _COGS_Summary_Crosstab].FSE, [Qry_AIT_FSE _COGS_Summary_Crosstab]![2005-01]+[Qry_AIT_FSE _COGS_Summary_Crosstab]![2005-02]+[Qry_AIT_FSE _COGS_Summary_Crosstab]![2005-03]+[Qry_AIT_FSE _COGS_Summary_Crosstab]![2005-04] AS Expr1 FROM [Qry_AIT_FSE _C...

Adding a new text box in a text box in publisher 2007
How do I add a new text box to a text in publisher 2007? On Tue, 6 May 2008 17:32:00 -0700, Brad Greenberg <BradGreenberg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I add a new text box to a text in publisher 2007? Be more specific. What is it that you are trying to do? Put a text box inside of a text box? ...

MSCRM 4: How to hide a button
Hi, The objective is to hide some unused buttons (for example: Save and Close button). The reason of hiding this button is because we added few buttons (using isv.config) based on customer's request which provide more meaningful usage based on their scenario. But the problem is, MSCRM 4 is too "SMART", it truncate the "Text" and just leave the icon there. I think this is due to the available space is not enough to show everything (all buttons Icon + Text), that's why it took away the Text, and just leave the icon there. So, in order to avoid that, we used so...

Account statment having no accept change button
When I am trying to download the statement, it directly coming into my account and marked as E. I am not sure, what's happening. It just happening for one bank account. Other credit card and bank account, statment are coming with the accept change button. I am just worried, why the same is not happening for my one bank account. I tried global setting, online setting, still no help. Please help me, because money 2005 is not able to match the transaction, so I want to match those. It's a known issue. There are now two types of synchronization that Money is capable of performi...

Adding default value to pre-existing table
I am working within a database that I created using a downloaded text file. I have to add a column to the table that will contain the same value in each field. Is there a way to add this default value to the preexisting table without keyboarding it in? Thanks in advance for any help. Create a select query on that table and field. Run it and see what it return. Next change this query into an Update query. Put in the value that you want into Update To. If you don't want to overwrite any existing data, just update empty records, put Is Null in the criteria. -- Jerry Whit...

Move mailboxes command line util
Hello, I'm in the process of migrating Exchange 5.5 mailboxes to Exchange 2003 servers. Is there a command line utility that can help me with this process? My Exchange 2003 foundation is ready, but now I need to move those users' mailboxes, and I'd like to do this from a command line utility using a list of users saved on a text file. Thanks. Why would you want to do this when E2K3 provides you with a very cool method for moving mailboxes? On your E2K3 server, open ADUC and r-click on a couple of users and click on "exchange Tasks". Click Next and click "Move ...

Can you find the error ! Drawing a button in non client area but caption is not setting to ....
Hello Experts , I spent almost 4 hrs today doing this .If anyone can help me ,that would be hats off ! I wanted to remove all the min,max and close button and later draw my min max buttons. Here is what i did 1.Added the styles in the PreCreateWindow.This works and the min ,max ,close are invisible . 2.Added a WN_NCPAINT handler for drawing of buttons ,when I want to draw my buttons in the non client area but the min ,max ,close buttons are still visible. 3. When you put a comment to ON_WM_NCPAINT() min ,max ,close are visible . Am i missing anything ?Can anyone point my error? *******ST...

CHANGE DATA SERIES WITH A COMMAND BUTTON
A B C D E F 1 Ray 1 3 5 7 9 11 2 Maureen 2 4 6 8 10 12 3 Sharon 3 5 7 9 11 13 4 Tim 4 6 8 10 12 14 5 Katie 5 7 9 11 13 15 6 Carl 6 8 10 12 14 16 The above table shows a set of made up data. I would like to be able to automate the data I select to chart. Each time i do make a chart it should plot the top row as the x axis and then the relevant data for the particular person. ie 3,5,7,9,11,13 for Sharon. Can anyone suggest how this may be done by perhaps using a combo box or some other means . Thank you http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Mi...

making switchboards and linking buttons in excel
i want to make a menue or a switchboard in excell to link different worksheets with it and to reach the worksheet i need easily. like main menue. thanx. so what is it that you don't know how to do? You gotta be more specific ...

Adding to Word Editor Toolbar
Hi gurus! I have a mail registration addin (allows registration of emails into a 3rd party records management database). I have programmed the addin to add a "Register & Send" button onto the Standard toolbar which appears when using outlook as the email editor. However, when you use Word as the editor, another toolbar appears which has the Send button on it. I would like to place my button "Register & Send" beside it. However I cannot seem to access this toolbar, I have created a function to output the toolbars and their controls to a text file, but cannot see thi...

Mailbox recovery without old AD
Is it possible to recover mailboxes from an Exchange database if the associated Active Directory no longer exists? The message databases are intact, but the system drive on the only domain controller was toast and had to be rebuilt from scratch (yes, valuable lessons have been learned about backups, redundancy, etc.). See www.ontrack.com - PowerControls. Not cheap, but it works. Peter wrote: > Is it possible to recover mailboxes from an Exchange > database if the associated Active Directory no longer > exists? The message databases are intact, but the system > drive on the only d...

Adding entries to a data validation list
I 've run into this a few times now, so thought there must be a better way. In XL2K, when I create a data validation list and then name the region (I think it's called region), then when I go back to continue working on the spreadsheet, I often realize I've missed a value or two and try to add. This never works with the same name, so I have to rename the list and go back to the data validation information and put the new name of the values and edit the cells one by one. I know there must be a better way, but I haven't figured one out. Thanks. You should be able to add ext...

Ex5.5
Hello, We have an old Ex5.5 server which is only used to provide Public Folders and need to tranfser the data a new Exchange 2003 Organisation, where clients will use Outlook for everything (PFs, Mail, Taks, etc). To reduce the amount of data to transfer, we're doing some cleaning up and removing Ex5.5 accounts which are no longer used. Many of the 5.5 users only have a mailbox so that they can be given Read-Only access to specific Public Folders on the 5.5 server. Sorry if this is a very basic question, but can specified users be assigned Read-Only permissions using their Windows AD acc...

Doing a search and copying a command
I figured out how to import data. Now I am trying to figure out a couple of things. I have a column of dates. A range of 48 cells of 1/1/09 in column A. Each row is data for each half hour. Now that range of 48 cells is the repeated for each day of the year. I can easily do a command manually for each day but that will require me to do 365 seperate commands. I would like to find the minimum temperature within 2 columns of F & G for only rows in Column A that have 1/1/09. I wanted to do something like using a search/lookup/find command for 1/1/09 min F:G. Then do the same thing for 1/2/0...

Sending a file link with a command line parameter
Hi, I want to sent a link to my users (internal network), which opens a local program. I can do this by inserting this link in my outlook mail: file://c:/myapp.exe But what if I wanted to send a parameter (like a customerID) in the mail. This doesn't work... file://c:/myapp.exe customerID=1234 Any idea? Thanks! M O J O On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 10:20:18 +0100, M O J O wrote in microsoft.public.outlook: >I want to sent a link to my users (internal network), which opens a >local program. > >I can do this by inserting this link in my outlook mail: > >file://c:/myapp.e...

need help: click button to reload record set
Suppose you have a form that is generated from the following query: select * from foo where bar = True (bar of course being a boolean attribute of table foo) now suppose that you have a button whose action is to modify the active record of the form event onClick( ) Me.bar = false end how do you force the form to re-execute the query (i.e. reload, but with the record that just had its "bar" attribute changed to false so it should be excluded from the record set)? --b Add a requery statement after record is modified: event onClick( ) Me.bar = false Requery end HTH...

Reports in Switchboard not updating
I have built a switchboard which pulls reports from my database. Those reports are all built off of queries. It seems that those queries are not being run to update the reports when I select the report from the switchboard. How do I ensure that the queries run so the reports show updated data? thanks Do the queries produce correct data if run alone? -- Build a little, test a little. "PCRachael" wrote: > I have built a switchboard which pulls reports from my database. Those > reports are all built off of queries. It seems that those queries are not...

I can't remove the Email button to the Standard toolbar in Excel
Whenever I remove the Email button on the Standard toolbar in Excel, as soon as I reopen Excel the button is on the toolbar again. ...