Access2000: Setting a filter to a subform

Hi

I have an unbound form fmMain. On this form I have some combo boxes
(cbbAGroup, cbbAStatus, cbbAStore), and a subform sfAssets, which is based
on form fmAssets.
The source for form fmAsset is a table tblAssets with fields AssetID,
AGroup,...,CurrStatus, CurrStore, ... etc.
For subform sfAssets is defined the link cbbAGroup-->Agroup, i.e. the
subform always displays assets of the single group, determined by combo on
fmMain.

Now 2 other combos must determine a filter condition for form fmAssets. The
filter condition will be (in simplified form, not the real formula)
Iif(cbbAStatus=0,"CurrStatus<>9","CurrStatus=" & cbbAStatus) &
Iif(cbbAStore=0,""," And CurrStore=" & cbbAStore)

It all works (right records according the set filter condition are
displayed), except that whenever I try to test it, I can't close the
application anymore. The only way to close the app is from task manager.

I disabled all code which sets filter conditions - the app closed normally.
I typed the filter condition manually in - the app didn't close. So my quess
is, the link for subform and the filter condition on its form somehow are
interacting.

Can someone here give some advice?

Thanks in advance!
Arvi Laanemets

0
Arvi
10/26/2007 2:03:37 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Hi

I did find another solution here. Instead of filtering form source, I
replaced the table in RowSource with a guery, and edit now the RowSource
whenever cbbAStatus or cbbAStore change.

Arvi Laanemets

"Arvi Laanemets" <garbage@hot.ee> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have an unbound form fmMain. On this form I have some combo boxes
> (cbbAGroup, cbbAStatus, cbbAStore), and a subform sfAssets, which is based
> on form fmAssets.
> The source for form fmAsset is a table tblAssets with fields AssetID,
> AGroup,...,CurrStatus, CurrStore, ... etc.
> For subform sfAssets is defined the link cbbAGroup-->Agroup, i.e. the
> subform always displays assets of the single group, determined by combo on
> fmMain.
>
> Now 2 other combos must determine a filter condition for form fmAssets.
> The filter condition will be (in simplified form, not the real formula)
> Iif(cbbAStatus=0,"CurrStatus<>9","CurrStatus=" & cbbAStatus) &
> Iif(cbbAStore=0,""," And CurrStore=" & cbbAStore)
>
> It all works (right records according the set filter condition are
> displayed), except that whenever I try to test it, I can't close the
> application anymore. The only way to close the app is from task manager.
>
> I disabled all code which sets filter conditions - the app closed
> normally. I typed the filter condition manually in - the app didn't close.
> So my quess is, the link for subform and the filter condition on its form
> somehow are interacting.
>
> Can someone here give some advice?
>

> Thanks in advance!
> Arvi Laanemets

0
Arvi

filtering problem
Hi all, I have a worksheet imported from access looks like this Date Supplier Sets Ctns ON Status 10/10/2004 Tom's 2356 0 123456 Rolled 12/10/2004 Bill's 0 23454 23355 NS 13/10/2004 Ted's 0 111 453656 Sch In this workbook there are 28 worksheets one for each day of th month/four week periods, I need to split the results from th imported worksheet a) so they appear on the right date worksheet. b) they appear in Status order - example Rolled in A12-B12-C12-D12 et for all the data and NS in T44-U44-V44 etc. I hope this makes sense, how can this be accomplished. any help appreciated....

Sender Filter #4
I have Exchange 2003. I have gotten popped by spam this week. I have made sure my relay is off by selecting only all except the list below and unchecking the box for allow all computers that authenticate to relay. I am about to implement SpamSoap, so that should help, but until I do, I have several queues with spam. I've tried the aqadmcli tool but it gives me error messages like No queue or checkbox not on filter. I also see these items in the queue folder, and when I try to delete them, they always have several that I can't delete because they are in use. Any suggestions on th...

Setting up a group
I have not worked with outlook, except to send an email, but I was asked to set up a distribution list so that I can email a file to multiple clients. I have set up the email addresses in excel. Is there a way to set up Outlook so that I can set up the fields that I need such as name, address, client no, email address., contact person. I tried to import into a group under contacts, but when i get to the step that says it will could take several minutes to import, the next button is grayed out. As you can tell I am out of my element on this. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you....

filtering data and condensing a form format
I wish to print out weekly payroll receipt in form-like format for employees only if employee worked that week. I have an Excel file composed of many worksheets each for a given employee. In upper lefthand corner of these worksheets are employee name, address, phone, etc. In upper righthand corner is marital status, dependents, tax rates, etc. Below this: column A is pay week ending date, column B is pay rate, column C is hours worked, D is Gross Wages formula, E is SS Tax formula, F is Med Tax formula, G is Fed Tax formula, H is State Tax formula, I is Local Tax formula, J is State...

how to set ad-hoc return address in Outlook 2007?
To keep myself sane and practically eliminate the need for bayesian spam filtering, I have my mail server set up to use adhoc aliases. When an incoming message gets received, it looks to see whether there's a hyphen in the local portion of the address (as in, 'foo-something@mydomain.net'). If there is, it delivers the message to the account matched by the text on the left side of the hyphen, but preserves everything on the right side for downstream spam filtering. I make up new addresses for everyone who sends mail to me (like 'foo-dad@mydomain.net', 'foo-amazo...

How do I set up multiple email domains in Exchange 2003 Std
Hi, We have multiple divisions in our company and each division has its own email address i.e. abc.com, xyz.com, etc. Some employees have multiple email addresses in these domains i.e. sam@abc.com, sam@xyz.com, etc. Could someone give me pointers on a KB or 3rd party article that covers how to set this up in Exchange 2003. -- Thanks, Sam Hi, This should help: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF010.html Leif "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57BA97FA-C8C6-4BFB-BA57-B66EFC318B4C@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > We have multiple divisio...

Any way to prevent users changing the Security Zone setting in Outlook?
Hello, Is there any way to prevent the end-user from changing the Security Zone (Tools - Options - Security) in Outlook 2003 please? Can't find it in the administrative templates. Is it perhaps just a registry setting? Thanks, - Alan. ...

Searching for an attay within a data set
Hi, I have 3 cells that contain a set of values, the total of which will always be constant eg: A B C 1 0 2 1 I have a table populated with all possible combinations of these numbers: 0 0 3 n1 0 1 2 n2 1 1 1 n3 0 2 1 n4 etc. etc. There is a fourth column to the right of this table with a set of unconnected (and not necessarily unique) numbers (n). How can I search the full table for the single occurrence of the pattern in cells A B and C and return the value in colu...

Setting up an NSF charge posting account
I'm trying to post an NSF check and I kept getting this message -- "Please specify a default NSF Charge posting account before making the cash receipt as NSF." Does anyone know where I would go to to find the NSF Charge posting account? I went through Receivable Setup and Sales Order Setup but could not find anything with that description. Thank you for the help. -- LN Hi you will want to go into Tools --> Setup --> Posting --> Posting Accounts. Once in this screen change the Series to Sales : Go to the Line that says NSF Charges and proceed to enter the accoun...

a pop continues to pop up stating Default needs set I have
i have a pop up that continues to plague me ...it states that I need to Run Outlook and set it as default.. or that Outlook cannot fulfill messaging requirements.. I have checked all default conditions and they seem to indicate Outlook is my default e-mail program.. what can I do to get rid of this pop up.. version of outlook? version of windows? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subs...

subforms 02-26-08
I have a tab page with two subforms in it. When I tab to the last combo box in the first subform it does not tab to the first text box of the second subform. How would I do that? Thanks in advance. In the Lost Focus event of the last text box on the first subform put: Me.Parent.YourSecondSubformContainerName.Form.YourFirstTextBoxName.SetFocus Where YourSecondSubformContainerName is the name of the control on the main form that houses the second subform (not necessarily the subform name). It is possible that the container name is the same as the subform name, but it isn't necess...

Filtering Numbers
This is probably a very easy question to answer but I am having great difficulty. I simply want to filter a lot of data by numbers. For example I have a lot of pressure data with readings every second. I only want to use every hundredth point. If I try autofilter - custom- ends with- it doesn't work. Only works with text. None of the other number filters are of use. Is it possible to filter by row number. For instance to display every hundredth row? Any help would be appreciated. One way, in a helper column at the end of your data, put the following formula and then copy it down a...

Off Line Download of Intelligent Message Filter
Is it possible for me to manually download an Intelligent Message Filter update at my office and install it on my client's Exchange Server? We have a much faster connection than my client. We do not have Exchange Server at my office. Thank you in advance. -- Regards, Allan C On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 10:22:16 -0400, "Allan C" <proven_solutions@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is it possible for me to manually download an Intelligent Message Filter >update at my office and install it on my client's Exchange Server? >We have a much faster connection than my client. >We...

Dirt Devil Cartridge Filter (3120171044)
List Price:$21.09 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B000GAS6CS Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B000GAS6CS Sold as each. Replacement for all "Dirt Devil" wet/dry vacs. For wet or dry pick-up. Can be cleaned, dried and reused. Box . Manufacturer number: 3120171044. Buy Hardware Supplies SKU #: 2025260. Country of origin: United States. Distributed by Royal Appliance Co. ...

how come my rules are not filtering the body of messages?
how come my rules are not filtering the body of messages? they work fine filtering other fields. James, Can you provide more information. Do you have a rule setup that is not working? Does it give you an error? -- Francine Otterson President, San Diego Outlook User Group "James" <IDontWantToGetSpammed@NotaRealEmail.com> wrote in message news:Rb3Ne.10495$Xw5.8227@trnddc02... > how come my rules are not filtering the body of messages? they work fine > filtering other fields. > > no error, i just created a rule like this: Apply this rule after the mess...

Outlook spam filter not working with multiple users signed on
I'm having an issue with my Outlook spam filter not working if more than one user has Outlook running on my machine. If both my wife and I are logged on and have Outlook open under our separate user accounts then the spam filter catches 0 emails. If I am the only one with Outlook running there is no problem, even if others are signed on as long as they aren't running Outlook. I've tried everything I can think of but nothing seems to work. Has anyone experienced this or know of a work around? I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition Version 2002 with Service pack 2 installed. O...

Security setting to case
I have two users (A & B) in two BUs. User B is not allowed to see the case records created and owned by user A. However, in my system user B can see few records of User A. I'd checked the record's owner and the sharing right and they were all right. What can I check and fix? ...

Account settings reset after restarting computer
Using Outlook XP my hotmail account settings stop working after I restart my computer. I have to remove the account and re-add it to get it to work again. Any help? ...

Two filters
Hello, I want to load a single driver as upper and lower filter. I had modified the registry to include it as upper and lower. I'm confused how to track in the driver whether the request is coming from upper interface or lower interface. Do I need to create two separate device objects for two filters? Also, in this scenario can i have shared data between two filters? Thanks nd Regards, kid > Do I need to create two separate device objects for two filters? Yes. --=20 Maxim S. Shatskih Windows DDK MVP maxim@storagecraft.com http://www.storagecraft.com &...

Default send as setting?
We have a mailbox called "IT Helpdesk" that people on the helpdesk have added to their outlook profile as an additional mailbox. when email comes in to the helpdesk mailbox they answer them by replying. we moved this mailbox from E5.5 to E2K3 last night. Prior to moving it, when the helpdesk personnel would reply to a message that came into the "IT Helpdesk" mailbox it would list their name in the from: field rather than "IT Helpdesk". Ever since moving the mailbox to E2K3 it now lists "IT Helpdesk" in the from: field. I've done several...

Can I copy custom property sets?
I would like to copy a custom property set that I created to another drawing, so I don't have to completely re-enter the data for the fields. Is this possible? Thanks, Bruce You can drop a shape, to wich an apply of a custom property set has been made, in a stencil. when you drop the shape of this stencil in a new document Visio create the property set in the document In fact the property set is stored in a special user defined cell section and it is retrieved when you select the custom property set menu "genmooch" <genmooch@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans l...

how to set up account protection for Outlook 2003?
Hi all, I have two questions. I need your help! Q1: Both my roommate and I use our computer to check emails. Can Outlook 2003 be configured to support multiple users -- she and I both have each own separate mailbox in Outlook 2003 and no privacy will be compromised and we use "username" and "password" to get into each person's mailbox in Outlook 2003? Because we want to be able to have Outlook open all the time and download all emails automatically from our multiple email accounts: such as company email account, yahoo, hotmail, etc. We don't want to check ...

how can you set up excel to auto-save a document?
Cherrice That would depend upon your version of Excel. There is no Autosave in XL2002 and 2003 as there was in earlier versions. Autorecovery from Tools>Options>Save is it. This is not the same as Autosave which made true incremental saves at intervals and alerted you before saving. Autorecovery just saves a temporary file which it deletes if Excel closes normally without incident. BTW.....Dave Peterson reports that he tried an earlier version of Autosave.xla in XL2002 and it seemed to work fine. I have also tried the Autosave.XLA from XL97 and does the job. To download the 97 ...

Filters #3
Help! I am doing a Rule wizard. I have created a filter and instead of going into the specfic folder I assigned it to it is going into my inbox, my folder I assigned it to and another folder that has nothing to do with it. I have made 5 other filters the same way and I am having no problem with them at all. Can someone please guide me into what I may be doing wrong with this filter? Thank you! Try adding "stop processing more rules" to the end of each rule. Possibly multiple rules are acting on a particular message, causing duplicates to be created in different folders. -...

How do I set up a Asset Account for a long-term Property Investmen
Recently I bought an apartment as an investment at a price of $1,000,000 (as an example). There is a progressive payment scheme for the property. I will be using cash to pay for the downpayment of 5% and stamp duties. There is another 10% payment soon which I will also pay in cash. Subsequently I will take up a mortgage loan to do it. How do I set all these up in Money? That's probably beyond the scope of a simple newsgroup reply. Generally, here are some thoughts and there is no One Right Way: Transfer the down payment to a newly created Asset Account. The other expenses at purc...