Access XP Pro to 2000 version

I'm trying to get a database from XP Pro to open in 2000.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

"Jake F" <JakeF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to get a database from XP Pro to open in 2000.

Office "XP" = Office 2002
Office 2000, in other words, was released two years *prior* to Office XP's
release.
All Office applications are Backwards-compatible.
No Office application is Forward-compatible.
In Office 2002 (XP), use the "Save As" option to save as 2000.
Steve

0
OG
12/26/2007 4:55:02 PM
I assume the mdb file is in 2002-2003 file format (or you would probably be
able to open it in 2000 and wouldn't have posted).

The necessary steps should be something like:
- Open the mdb in Access XP
- Tools>Database Utilities>Convert Database
- Select "To 2000 file format"
- You will be asked to supply a new file name because you are creating a new
file, not overwriting the old one.

AFAIK, if you don't have a copy of Access XP (or later) to open the file in,
you are stuck.

--
HTH,
George

"Jake F" <JakeF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to get a database from XP Pro to open in 2000.

0
George
12/26/2007 5:04:18 PM
Thanks, I don't know why I didn't look there before.

"George Nicholson" wrote:

> I assume the mdb file is in 2002-2003 file format (or you would probably be
> able to open it in 2000 and wouldn't have posted).
>
> The necessary steps should be something like:
> - Open the mdb in Access XP
> - Tools>Database Utilities>Convert Database
> - Select "To 2000 file format"
> - You will be asked to supply a new file name because you are creating a new
> file, not overwriting the old one.
>
> AFAIK, if you don't have a copy of Access XP (or later) to open the file in,
> you are stuck.
>
> --
> HTH,
> George
>

> "Jake F" <JakeF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm trying to get a database from XP Pro to open in 2000.

Word merged with Access
I am using both Word and Access 2003. When I merge a Word Letter with Access, sometimes not all of the queries show up, in the drop down box, to link the letter with. Does anyone have any ideas of why this happens? Is there a way to make all of the queries show up? Are the queries limited to a certain number? I would appreciate any help or ideas that you can give me. Aurora Aurora Without more information, I can only guess... Any chance any of those queries that are not showing up are NOT "select" queries (i.e., they are Make Table, or Delete or Insert queri...

Access 97 Runtime question
We are using Access 97 runtime for some of our staff. I noticed today that in reports if they right mouse click, they don't get a shortcut menu. I want them to be able to Export the report they are viewing. Would Access 2003 runtime have the shortcut menu? Thanks Kelvin "Kelvin Beaton" <kelvin dot beaton at mccsa dot c o m> wrote in message news:uiQA0i7zHHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > We are using Access 97 runtime for some of our staff. > I noticed today that in reports if they right mouse click, they don't get > a shortcut menu. I want them to be...

Outlook 2000 Change Startup Page
Have a problem with Outlook 2000, think it happened when I ran repair. Now everytime I open Outlook the "Outlook Today" page opens, then have to select the inbox folde to view my mail. Used to always open on the Inbox Folder. What have I done, is there a way to restore this. You’ve landed in a Macintosh group, sorry. Try asking your question on the general Office newsgroups. Start here: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx DooBee wrote: > Have a problem with Outlook 2000, think it happened when I ran repair. Now > everytime I open Outlook the...

The Item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C42C5B.11C3D7B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I had to rebuild a corrupt database this morning. My Priv.edb and = Pub.edb were the files I worked on with the ESEUTIL. Everything is = working except users are complaining that they cannot delete e-mails = that were "zapped" during the rebuild process. The message they're = receiving is " The Item could not be deleted. It was either moved or = already deleted, or access was denied...

XP Home SP 2 and Web based Outlook
I used to be able to flawlessly remotely access Outlook remotely using IE and SP1. However, once I installed SP2, I can longer reply to any messages. My INBOX appears correctly and I can view messages, but once I hit the REPLY icon, the message I was viewing disappears and I am returned to my INBOX rather than being able to compose a message. I upgraded to SP2 on two different computers and the same problems exists on both machines. SP2 for Windows XP includes a built-in popup stopper for Internet Explorer. Open Internet Explorer and select Tools | Internet Options | Privacy tab. Se...

SQL Server Reporting Services Reports in Access
Using Access 2007 and SQL Server 2008. Is there a way to display SQL Server Reporting Services reports in Access 2007? If so, links to documentation/examples would be appreciated. -- AG Email: npATadhdataDOTcom Hi AG, No,there is no compatible interface for converting SSRS report to Access 2007 now.You may consider first export your SSRS report to an Excel file and then embed an OLE object "Microsoft Office Excel 97-2003 Worksheet". If you only need the data, you can directly import data from Excel to your Access database. Best regards, Charles Wa...

Access 97 to 2000 conversion problems 08-08-03
I am trying to convert an Access 97 database to Access 2000 but with great difficulty. If I try to load it in Access 2000, the conversion is attempted but on the apparent completion the new database is not saved and the screen is blank. If I try creating a new database and importing everything then this works fine for the data, but no reports or forms are imported. I have tried all the latest patches to MS Office. Any suggestions would be very welcome. ...

Using Outlook to access and compile information in calendar
I want to create an application that will compile schedule information from Excel worksheets or an Access database and display them in a calendar type format. I know this type of application can be built using PivotTables in Excel, or forms in Access, but I was wondering if I could use the calendar in Outlook to display the information rather than creating PivotTables or custom forms which would wind up looking something like a calendar anyway. Before I start the job I'd like to know if I can work Outlook into the equation or if I really have to build it from scratch. Thanks, JEM ...

Outlook/Access 2003
I've been doing a lot of research and purchased (but haven't completely read) Sue Mosher's book. However, before I spend much more time I'd like to find out if my idea is even feasible. The basic idea is to create an appointment system for multiple therapists that can be used by a receptionist and other staff. Using Outlook and Exchange is very nice but the appointment data needs to end up in an Access table immediately. We can purchase SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003 or we can buy a third party tool for calendar sharing whichever would be the easiest to use. I currently...

Money 2005 which Australian Version
I currently have Quicken Plus 2002 and it does everything I want and I am used to it's quirks. BUT, I am looking to upgrade if and only if, I can find a version of the Money product, for Australia, that allows me to sync with my PDA. This is the last frontier as far as I'm concerned with these products. I am amazed this is not a standard feature already as it is usually time poor people who wish to manage there finances with these products and being able to keep transactions up to date when in transit and travelling would be the ultimate for me. Quicken also doesn't handle ...

2003 SP1 ADC running with Exchange 2000
Can you run ADC version 2003 SP1 even though all your Exchange servers are still 2000? This means that you have already ran domain/forest prep right? If so you can only run the 2003 version of the ADC. This is not recommended and could cause replication errors with Exchange/AD. Mark "BrianG" wrote: > Can you run ADC version 2003 SP1 even though all your Exchange servers are > still 2000? Correct, domain and forest prep has already been ran. Why can I run 2003 but not 2003 with SP1? We want to use the cross adminstrative group mailbox move function that came with...

Managing Exchange 2000 with 2003 MMC System Management Tools
Hello, I am currently setting up a Windows 2003 Terminal Server with It management applications, but I found out that Exchange 2000 Systems Management Tools can't be installed on Windows 2003. So I was curious; can you use Exchange 2003 MMC Snapins against a Exchange 2000 server? If so, are there any gotcha's? OR Is it possible to install Exchanage 2000 System Management Tool on a Windows 2003 server - Is there like a work around on this? Help is appreciated. Thanks! I have been using Exchange 2003's ESM MMC snap-in to manage Exchange 2000 servers for some time and I hav...

access 2000 to 2003 files
I have many databases created in Acces 2000 on a comp. w/98SE, which always worked fine. I copied these files to new comp. running XP home, and using MS office Prof. When I attempt to open these databases from Windows explorer, I get anerror saying the <path><filename> is unrecognized. Anyone know why? "Rick K" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13b8301c3c28c$d939ce00$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have many databases created in Acces 2000 on a comp. > w/98SE, which always worked fine. I copied these files to > new comp. running XP h...

SBS 2008 RWW Internal web site access
I have a strange issue. I have a client who has four laptops on an SBS 2008 domain. Three are windows 7 one is XP. All work great inside the office. However, when any of the users attempt to connect to the internal website through RWW on the outside they get a page cannot be displayed message. I verified that port 987 is open on the firewall. Using computers at our location or any other computer, from any other site not associated with their domain, can connect successfully to RWW and the internal web site. I’ve verified that the certificate is installed on their computers. I ver...

Importing contacts to Outlook XP
I need to be able to export Contacts from one outolook profile to another one. But, when I do so instead of replacing the ones that are old, it creates another one. So my question is: What does Outlook considers when it replaces the contact list that you import with the one that is already there? Even when i select "Replace Duplicates with item imported" still creates a double contact with the new information. Any help really apreciated! ...

Fragments Left after running XP Defrag Program
Ran Defrag and had two 'Fragments' reported (last two lines of the log print). One was for 6156 Fragments and one was for 7030 Fragments; the first file is 1.51 GB and the second is 2.00 GB, and both are 'buried' deep in \Documents and Settings\Bill & Peggy\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\25C08628.........\Microsoft\Outlook Express\ and both files are .dbx files. Question: These files are apparently taking up 3.5 GB of HD Space; can I delete them? I do not use Outlook Express although I have in the past, but now am using exclusively MSN for both my ...

Exchange 2000 NDR
Hi, I'm trying to send an email to this recipient: a.b.c.@mydomain.com Exchange sends back a 5.1.3 NDR -I think it's due to the dot before @ in the address-. How can I tell exchange to acept this kind of address? Thanks. ...

access a cell in a range
I have variables: dim myrange as Range dim myString as String myrange specifies a specific column. How can I specify the cell in row 1 of myRange so I can set it's contents to myString? Hi there keyser soze, (Fan of the movie, eh? ;) <g> ) Like so .. myString = myRange(1).Value HTH -- Regards, Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack) <keyser_Soze@usa.com> wrote in message news:1128697509.320303.12550@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have variables: > > dim myrange as Range > dim myString as String > > myrange specifies a specific ...

Access to Server
Hi All. I install CRM 1.2 in a Windows 2003 Server. From the server with a Administrator Logon and by the explorer, i access to CRM Administration without problems. If i use the Implemetation aplication or if i try to install the CRM Outlook, the message is: "The Localhost server is not responce" Thanks for a possible help. Hi, Can you do a 'nslookup' and 'ping' to the server name? "Rui Sousa" wrote: > Hi All. > > I install CRM 1.2 in a Windows 2003 Server. > > From the server with a Administrator Logon and by the explorer, i acces...

HTTP access from Outlook
Hello, Will HTTP access from Outlook work with exchange 2003 and windows 2000 server sp4 combination? Also, how do I configure my server and remote clients to utilize this feature. Your help is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance. On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 08:38:03 -0500, "Henry" <Henry@fake.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Will HTTP access from Outlook work with exchange 2003 and windows 2000 >server sp4 combination? Also, how do I configure my server and remote >clients to utilize this feature. Your help is greatly appreciated and thank >you in advance....

Outlook blocks access to potentially unsafe attachements
Outlok 2003 has blocked many of my work emails with legitimate attachments. just yesterday, it block an Access database file that I was expecting to recieve. I've always thought, great way to keep desktop safe. But this time, I needed that document right away. So my opinion has changed. Question is: Where is the menu to change the security feature so it doesn't block attachments? The only security menu I found was for restricting websites. Thx in advance Tools, Options, Security, Change Auto d/l settings, UNcheck Don't download.....but leave Warn me etc...checked "T...

Cancelling Receipts in Outlook 2002 (XP)
Folks... I'm experiencing a problem that I think is due to read receipts. I have an e-mail account (POP3) that is set up twice in Outlook. The primary version is for receiving mail from either home or my office, as well as for sending from my office. The secondary version of this account is used only for sending e-mail from home (uses a different outgoing server, to accomodate my ISP's restrictions). The problem is that when I receive my e-mail on this account at home, Outlook attempts to send the read receipts using the primary (office) outgoing server setting, which fails. This esse...

open Outlook 2000 .ost file in outlook 2000
Does anyone know how to open a .ost file that was created and saved from a different account? Yes - see www.exchangerecovery.com paddy wrote: > Does anyone know how to open a .ost file that was created > and saved from a different account? ...

Graphics not visible in email signature Office/Outlook 2000
Trying to send two jpg images embedded in an email signature from the signature picker. When viewed in Advanced Edit in Signature picker the graphics display. When the message is sent they are missing. Using Rich text Format in Outlook, but now Word as email editor. Any help is appreciated. Bob Weeden Washington School District Phoenix AZ Tried it in HTML format already? It is a lot more supported format than Rich Text. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack...

exchange 2003 mailbox access
Hi, Do you know how to access other users mailbox in exchange 2003? The account I am using is domain admin but I couldn't open users' mailbox under my login name. Is there any permissions I should assign? Thanks Char On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 18:27:05 -0700, "char" <char@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Do you know how to access other users mailbox in exchange 2003? The account >I am using is domain admin but I couldn't open users' mailbox under my login >name. Is there any permissions I should assign? > >Thanks >Char By defau...