Access Runtime License question

Hello

If i create an application with Access 2007 full version, can i distribute
it freely to be run with Access Runtime 2007 even with business or different
kinds of community use?

The website says "personal use". Is the usage of Access Runtime 2007 limited
from business or community use?

Thanks

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Yes, you're fine.

If you check the Access Developer Extensions at
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=D96A8358-ECE4-4BEE-A844-F81856DCEB67&displaylang=en
you'll see "The Access 2007 Developer Extensions provide packaging and
deployment tools and licensing and distribution agreements to make it easier
for developers to bring solutions to market. Whether you are working in a
small business or a large enterprise, as a third-party or an internal
developer, the Access 2007 Developer Extensions can facilitate the
deployment and management of Access 2007 solutions."

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Poppe" <Poppe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> If i create an application with Access 2007 full version, can i distribute
> it freely to be run with Access Runtime 2007 even with business or
> different
> kinds of community use?
>
> The website says "personal use". Is the usage of Access Runtime 2007
> limited
> from business or community use?
>
> Thanks

0
Douglas
2/6/2010 10:29:36 PM
On which website/URL exactly did you see "personal use" for the Access 2007
runtime?  I don't remember seeing this restriction anywhere before.

--
Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
MVP - Windows Live Platform

"Poppe" <Poppe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> If i create an application with Access 2007 full version, can i distribute
> it freely to be run with Access Runtime 2007 even with business or
> different
> kinds of community use?
>
> The website says "personal use". Is the usage of Access Runtime 2007
> limited
> from business or community use?
>
> Thanks

0
Sylvain
2/6/2010 11:37:57 PM
Sylvain: Look just after the Overview at
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=D9AE78D9-9DC6-4B38-9FA6-2C745A175AED&displaylang=en

--

"Sylvain Lafontaine" <sylvainlafontaine2009@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
> On which website/URL exactly did you see "personal use" for the Access
> 2007 runtime?  I don't remember seeing this restriction anywhere before.
>
> --
> Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
> MVP - Windows Live Platform
> Blog/web site: http://coding-paparazzi.sylvainlafontaine.com
> Independent consultant and remote programming for Access and SQL-Server
> (French)
>

> "Poppe" <Poppe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hello
>>
>> If i create an application with Access 2007 full version, can i
>> distribute
>> it freely to be run with Access Runtime 2007 even with business or
>> different
>> kinds of community use?
>>
>> The website says "personal use". Is the usage of Access Runtime 2007
>> limited
>> from business or community use?
>>
>> Thanks

0
Douglas
2/7/2010 8:44:25 PM
Oh yeah, I see it now: this is a very confusing wording; especially for
people not knowing the usual MS's Legalese.

--

"Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_gmail.com> wrote in message
> Sylvain: Look just after the Overview at
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=D9AE78D9-9DC6-4B38-9FA6-2C745A175AED&displaylang=en
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no private e-mails, please)
>

> "Sylvain Lafontaine" <sylvainlafontaine2009@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
>> On which website/URL exactly did you see "personal use" for the Access
>> 2007 runtime?  I don't remember seeing this restriction anywhere before.
>>
>> --
>> Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
>> MVP - Windows Live Platform
>> Blog/web site: http://coding-paparazzi.sylvainlafontaine.com
>> Independent consultant and remote programming for Access and SQL-Server
>> (French)
>>

>> "Poppe" <Poppe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello
>>>
>>> If i create an application with Access 2007 full version, can i
>>> distribute
>>> it freely to be run with Access Runtime 2007 even with business or
>>> different
>>> kinds of community use?
>>>
>>> The website says "personal use". Is the usage of Access Runtime 2007
>>> limited
>>> from business or community use?
>>>
>>> Thanks

0
Sylvain

Access to VB tools
Hi, Does anyone know of any freeware tool that might help in this? I have looked at a couple commercial access to vb conversion tools but they are pretty expensive so I am wondering if anyone knows of a freeware or open source tool that we could use to save us some time and effort..... Thanks, Malakie Tony Toews lists a few tools at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/accesstovb.htm: I'm not aware whether any of them are free. The general consensus is that conversion tools do an incomplete job at best. There are simply too many differences between the controls available for ...

populating an Access table from a text file
A text file has data in a format like the below: Title1 Cell 1 data Title 2 Cell 2 data Title 3 Cell 3 data .. .. .. Title 10 Cell 10 data Title 11 Cell 11 data .. .. .. Title 15 Cell 15 data .. .. .. Title N Cell N data I guess I can read this using some VBA code posted at http://www.mvps.org/access/modules/mdl0057.htm and http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/readtextfile.htm, add an Instr function to it so that when I read the text file, I know when to insert the data properly in the table. 1. Is there another way I can directly import the data into an Access 2...

Outlook 2002 Question #2
Hi, I have configured Outlook to get email from 2 different accounts: a regular POP3 account and a Hotmail account. When I have Outlook open and a new message arrives in the POP3 account, I get a notification box and I hear a sound. However, when a new email arrives in my Hotmail Inbox, I neither get a notification nor do I hear a sound. So, how do I configure outlook to pop a notification window and play a sound when new mail arrives in my Hotmail Inbox? Thanks, Mr. Camel You can't. Login with your Passport with MSN Messenger to be notified when a new message arrives in yo...

Lost original message when using outlook web access
I often use web access when travelling to get my work emails. When forwrdign and replying to emails, I always have the orginal email in tact and as part of the reply. However, when accessing from home on the internet, I lose the orginal email so that when I reply or forward there's nothing there. I also can't paste or copy into or from the message body. Is this problem easily fixed. Jim Assuming Outlook 2000 - though something like this will probably work for every version ... it just might not be in the same menu location. Go to Tools - Options - Preferences - Email option...

question about data...
I am trying to use data on one worksheet as part of another. However, when I copy & paste the data, it copies the formulas instead of the numbers. Using references to the other worksheet doesn't work because on the other worksheet I need to sort the data differently. Is there any way to change the results of a formula to just plain "numbers" in excel? -- caligula11 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ caligula11's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35526 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.c...

Questions re Activities
Is there a way to add the Date Created column to the Activity display? At present I may have a Case or a Contact with lots of activities but they don't appear in chronological order and I have to open each one up and go to File/Properties menu to find the date - would be much easier to do a sort by date. And..does anyone know what the Activity Category and Sub-Category fields are for? There is nothing in the online help and these fields are not listed via the Advanced Find area and so are not searchable. Thanks in advance. Sue ...

Excel/Access Delimma
I have inherited an Excel workbook with several worksheets containing charts that get their source data via MSQuery from an Access database. The users require that this stay in Excel so I have to find a way to make it work. The problem I am having is that whenever the user opens the workbook they are prompted to tell it whether or not to allow updates. The sad part of this is that we cannot rely on the numerous users to not accidently push the wrong button and allow it to update, and thus destroy the current data. I have to find a way that the user can open the workbook, let it update, sav...

Two Question ---
Luck, I have two problems First: I want to change the text of an edit (of course, belong to CView class) from the CWinApp class Second: I'm trying to detect when the mouse pointer is over a picture control and I also need to detect when the mouse click on the picture control. I put its Notify property to true, but this let's me detect the click event, but give me some troubles to detect when the mouse is over Please, somebody help. I'm block with that. Thanks in advantage. > > First: I want to change the text of an edit (of course, belong to CView cla...

Most unusual question
Using Outlook Office 2003 and this evening, everytime I try to open a link from email in Outlook, it opens up My Documents! What's wrong and how do I correct this problem! Thanks! ...

COUNTIF question
Hey all, i'm stuck. I need to do a formula that will count the number of cells in column 'A' only if the corresponding cell in column 'B' has a value of '0'. =COUNTIF(O:0,"0")+COUNTIF(P:P,">0") - just counts both, and that's as far as i have got. Can anyone help me please. Thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ This is probably a cheats way of doing it but... I would create a third column with...

Outlook Web Access 2K3
Hi, I am using OWA of the newly installed Exchange 2K3. When I use the premium mode and try to reply messages, the OWA keeps ask me to install the components. Why is it so? is there any pre-requisite to use the OWA premuim version. Thank MWGP Try posting this in an Exchange group for your version of Exchange as OWA is a function of Exchange, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching go...

Public folder access problem #2
Hello, Don't know if this is an Exchange or Outlook problem, sorry for posting in both groups :-) Exchange Enterprise Edition 2003 SP2, Outlook 2003 SP2 in Windows XP SP2, 1.000 users and public folders. Until yesterday a user was able to access a public folder; tree is : \Public folders\All Public Folders\Department\Incoming Mail \Public folders\All Public Folders\Department\Outgoing Mail Then suddenly this user does not see the content of the Department folder nor the subfolders. When you click on the Department folder properties, summary tab, you see this user has the Reviewer role. ...

Read-only mailbox access, how to?
Exchange 5.5 on NT4 I want to set up a Support mailbox which all can read but only some can send-as. When I created it I associated it with the Domain Admin. I then added the Search role to Domain Users. But if I connect via a POP3 or IMAP client and authenticate as a domain user I am denied access. Ditto if I use an Outlook 2000 client connected to another mailbox, and try File->Open-> Other User's Folder. What permissions do I need for read-only access? The Help on the dialog in Exchange Admin doesn't even list the Search right! jim -- Jim Hatfield On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:...

Anti-crack and anti-piracy application protection and licensing solution using code morphing
Software piracy! Cracked serial numbers! Thousands of commercial products are posted on the warez sites and become available to all every day! Companies lose millions of dollars every year to software piracy, and faulty protection programs. Shareware developers look for unbreakable protection for their products and create some protection themselves or try many of the ready-made tools. Unfortunately most tools have already been cracked, and self solutions often only take one determined cracked a few hours to bypass. As a result they soon find the stoles keys and product cracks on thousands of ...

HELP!! Accounting Question
When I run a Tender Summary for specific days, I don't see a record of the Payments to Account that have been made for that specific day. Why? My accountant desperately needs to know why. Also, why when I run a Detailed Sales report and a Tender Summary for the same period, do the amount not match up. Thank you in advance for your help. See my new thread question from today for a better Z report that can be run from manager. I think we are talking about the same thing. Maybe someone out there can help. "knightsbridge" <knightsbridge@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Protecting a worksheet question
I have a question for Excel 98. I tried to do a simple worksheet protection and provided a password. However, I found that not ALL cell in that particular worksheet was protected. Most of the cell would give you a message telling you the worksheet is protected and you need to unprotect the worksheet to modify the cell content. However, some cells you can still change its content. What are the reasons these things happen? Thank you! Each cell has a locked property that you can toggle. But the "lockedness" doesn't really do anything until the worksheet is protected. Then l...

Another NameTable Question
I am trying to work out the best way to use the NameTable class in my C# application. I am assuming that getting/adding a string to the nametable has the same overheads as comparing a string normally, so I have created a class which holds references to the atomized strings. Is there a better way to do this? simple example below //Class to provide "string constants" private class MyStrings { public String stringA; public String stringB; public MyStrings(NameTable nt) { stringA = nt.Add("A"); stringB = nt.Add("B"); } } //Class...

Custom Toolbar Button Question
Hello , I have a GP 9 and I would like to create a custom toolbar button that executes some Dex code. I need to be able to access the data on the current form because I want to invoke an a third party api using some of the field values as variables to pass into the third party api as parameters. I have the dex code for the third party api working fine but I was wondering if someone could point me to a sample. What content objects are available? Thanks, gsvi HI, I have done this before and once you master the concept it's not too hard. It is very close to implementing menu command...

Countif accross multiple questions.
Hi folks, I know this has been asked and answered, but I could not get it working. I thought I would ask my specific problem. I have a excel spreadsheet with a detail sheet containing columns. One column is Inventoried whose values are TRUE or FALSE. Another column is PRICE which could be 0 or any number like 5.35. In anoher sheet I want a summary. I have one cell that is inventoried (=COUNTIF('INVENTORY'!E:E,"TRUE" I need another Cell that will be Unpriced inventory which is the number if Inventoried = 'TRUE' and price = 0. I tried the sumproduct but keep get...

Question regarding Trial Version
I am not able to customize Forms (like Leads etc) using the trial version. Does anyone know whether i can login to MS CRM as Administrator to customize the forms? It currently says no privilege while clicking on Customize. the trial version is a fully-functioning version. you need to be granted the System Administrator role or, at minimum, the System Customizer role. by default, the user that installed the CRM will have the System Administrator role and will have the rights to grant that or any role to you. Dave "Ayyappa Das" <AyyappaDas@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Option Group question 04-19-10
Hi I have placed 26 Toggle buttons on a form (A to Z) before realing I should create an option group. Can I now create the option group and then drag the buttons in to the group, or do I need to start over? Thanks Neil It will be quicker and easier to start over again. Sounds like the only caption on each button is a single letter - nothing much to type on each new button in the option group. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "neil40" <neil.grantham@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:14df8e3d-de92-459d-9c86-2472fd0bae9...

Can one access newsgroups from Outlook?
thanks In a way, yes. It calls for Outlook Express for this action. see: Outlookhelp - Support for Microsoft Office Outlook http://www.howto-outlook.com/Faq/news.htm "d p" <dp25@access-4-free.com> wrote in message news:%23ZttKlS9EHA.2196@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > thanks > > Thanks so much Walt ... a life saver. "Walt Basil" <see_signature@for_address.com> wrote in message news:#WV4VzS9EHA.2676@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > In a way, yes. It calls for Outlook Express for this action. > > see: > Outlookhelp - Support for Microsoft Offic...

MSDN Evaluation => Full license Question
Just a quick question today. We are currently evaluating CRM through MSDN licenses and will wish to buy pro- licenses for everyone. The evaluation is taking place on what will be the production server/active directory will remain the same. When we upgrade, will we have to completely reinstall and perform a data migration from CRM to CRM? Do all pieces need to be reinstalled (i.e. Exchange router??) I think we do, but I've heard conflicting info and wanted to run it past the experts... Yes, you will need to reinstall. The license is tied to the Org Name so you won't be abl...

Access database link
Am not a Visio user, am an Access person - - - the user makes Visio drawings is not technical. On the drawing are values. These values do not change the shape or size of the image of the drawing - they are just data surrounding the image. This data is already in an Access database and is used for reports and such. User needs Access Table - record 1 data to appear in drawing 1 record 2 data to appear in drawing 2 If he opens drawing 2 - the current data would populate (from record 2 of Table). So if the values in the record changed/updated in the ...

VB Code for button for Access 2003
I have a form called "Quote Entry" displaying data from a table called "Quote" with a field "CustomerID", on this form there is a button called "Customers". This opens a form called "Customer Display" which is a Continuous list of customers, from the current selected customer record. I need some code for a button on the "Customer Display" form to save the current CustomerID back the Quote Entry form and add it to the Quote Table -- thank you for your help "Meaty" <Meaty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...