Access Runtime 2007 with Windows 7 Crashing

I am setting up new Dell Windows 7, 64 bit machines and have installed Access
Runtime 2007 which keeps crashing. Windows is telling me that the solution is
this update: KB957262
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=6F4EDEED-D83F-4C31-AE67-458AE365D420&displaylang=en
but the update wont install. The info I have gathered from is that this
update fails with this error code because it cant find access. Is there a way
to force this update to fix the problem without installing a full copy of
access? If not my work around is to install Access Runtime 2003 along with 3
service packs and a fix - not my prefered option.

Appreciate any help,

Rob
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Money 2007
I have setup credit card accounts and line of credit accounts. The minimum payments are not rounded to the nearest dollar. When you move these accounts into the Debt Reduction Planner they round the minimum payment up to the nearest dollar. At the end of the DRP it sets up your payments automatically. If it uses the minimum payment, it says that there is unassigned money. I know it behaved like this in 2005 also, so I assume 2006. Why does it round up? I guess it's so that if Money's calculation of monthly interest and the CC company's are off by a few cents, you don&...

forwarded meeting reminder from Outlook 2007
An original meeting request was sent to 4 people on May 20th. One of the four forwarded it to a 5th person on May 21st. The sender was notified that the request was forwarded to another person. NOw on the orignal meeting request it shows that 5th person's email address. It makes it look as if the person was orignally invited when they were not. This is causing some conflict in the office. Can anyone tell me why this happened?. ...

Append Data To Access Table
There is an Access table on the network. 15 users who do not have Access are connected to the network. Is there a way for each user to be able to enter one or more rows containing 3 or 4 columns to Excel on his machine and then press a button or something and append that data to the Access table on the network? Also would need to delete the data from the worksheet after the append. How would I prevent more than one user from appending data at the same time? Any suggestions on what the code would be? Thank you very much! Martin ...

/3gb w/ Windows 2003 standard
I have an Exchange 2003 box running under Win2k3 SP1 standard with 2gb of memory The best pratice analyzer has told me that I should use the /3gb and /USERVA=3030 in the boot.ini. I have done this, and set the SYSTEMPAGES to 0 in the registry. When this is done, windows becomes very unstable, freezes and gives me disk1 errors during paging operations. can someone confirm that this does or does not work with this setup? Thanks. It does work and is supported. I'd look at what is causing the Disk1 errors. All you are doing with the /3GB /USERVA=3030 is telling Windows to give ...

unable to add row to Excel 2007 TABLE
Hello. I have recently started exploring the Excel 2007 "table" feature and have discovered that you cannot add a new row to a locked worksheet. OBJECTIVE - using Excel 2007, enable user to add rows to table by pressing the tab key - using Excel 2007 security: prevent a user from modifying a formula contained within a table cell STEPS TO REPRODUCE a. create a new Excel 2007 work sheet b. enter the following data such that colum B *basically* mirrors column A A1: TitleA A2: hello A3: world B1: =A2 B2: =A3 c. highlight cells A1 to B3 d. Insert -> Table -> OK e. now... if you g...

Search Indexing
Hello all, Is there a way to schedule search indexing on Exchange 2007? We'd like to turn it off during business hours. We think it's causing a performance hit on our server. TIA! Jon Why do you think that? My experience is that the overhead from content indexing in Exchange 2007 is pretty small, especially compared to Exchange 2003. All I know you can do is turn it off using "Set-MailboxDatabase -IndexEnabled:$False". -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Jon LaBarge&qu...

Keep an online copy of you Outlook data that you can synchronize across several locations and access it via web broswers
Hello, If you are an MS Outlook user, then you can try for 30 days completely free! please read the details below! Whether you are looking to backup your Microsoft Outlook data like contacts, calendar, tasks, notes, and To-Do List, or you are looking to backup your mobile phone, PDA, or PocketPC address book, InSynch Outlook Synchronization Service, is the service that can help any user who has multiple locations or within a workgroup to enhance the team work, by having a central backup on our server of his Microsoft Outlook 2000, 2002, XP or Microsoft Outlook 2003, calendar, address book, j...

Access Help 06-29-07
I am a completly new user to Access and I have been asked to create a database for a big project we are working on. I am creating a form where a user would have to select a catagory and after they select a drop down box, below the radio button, would show a list associated with the selection. I have no idea how to do this. can some one help me please?? Ex. Categories A. B. C. D. When you click on A, a list shows up with job names. I appreciate any help. To be sure your tables are correct, you need: TblJobCategory JobCategoryID JobCategory TblJob JobID JobCategoryID JobName <Other j...

onw window follows the other
I have 2 modal dialog boxes which are displayed one above the other on the screen. I want that the lower one will follow the upper (which may be used by the user) so that the relative palcement between them would remain constant. Is that possible and how? Thanks Yaros Sure. Take a look at SetWindowPos() and just reposition the second window based on the position of the first in the OnInitDialog() function. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/a1yzfz6d.aspx Tom "Yaros" <yaros@john.com> wrote in message news:OCwrJwo1GHA.968@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have 2...

How to create splitter window?
Please tell me how to create splitter window in a mfc application and also is it necessary to create them in sdi or it can be created in a normal window(derived from CFrameWnd)? if yes then how to create them in a normal window? Here is a great place to start: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/0dyc0e53(VS.80).aspx#_core_splitter_windows If you've never done the Scribble tutorial you may want to try that as well. It hasn't been updated in a while and some of the "steps" are out of date, but it still is a good way to go through all the stuff in a simple applicati...

what are all the various windows Styles?
Sir, I'm creating one dll in that i'm hooking windows based on some windows styles like WM_VISIBLE and WS_OVERLAPPED. Whenever i execute my dll with some exe in WIN98 and WIN95 the resources are utilized without doing anything ie, after exe. my exe the resources are utilized more and more.and it is not freeing the resource. I need help to hook all windows as well as resource utilization must be less... Also plz give various windows styles...? -- JeganathanK ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Posted via http://www.codecomments.com -----------...

When you import a Microsoft access field into Microsoft word, the
I have written code that exports table fields into a word document, directly into fields in the word document. When the access field is > 255 characters i insert a chr(13)&(Chr10) to split the data across multiple word fields Looks great in access, but when i look at the data in word it has that dreaded square graphic in the field (in word) where the charriage return/line feed is,, how do i get rid of this (the data is at it should be in wiord except for the sqaure graphic??? Patrick Hi, you have to replace chr(13)&(Chr10) with Chr(11), use can a select qu...

Windows Mail will not send an email from my new laptop running vis
I recieved an email from a software company regarding an available upgrade. I recieved it without any issues. I tried to forward it to my wife since the software is actually loaded on her laptop. An error messege displayed telling me that windows mail determined that the messege I was trying to send had been determined to be spam. How do I deal with this. Mail is not much good to me if I have to argue with it over what I can and can't send. Turn off your antivirus program's email scanning capability, you don't need it. If any email is infected, normal virus scann...

Server 2003, Some user can't access folder and some use can't see file
Hi all We have 20 PCs all has install XP and one has server 2003. We have set 3 groups for user 12 / user 5 / user 3. And each group has difference policy. Now we have some problem Here On user 12 group. Few user they can't access some files from share folder, few user can't see some folder. Like the use Raj, Jack, Jena, Gita, Rita, Sonali, Mona, Mina, Mack, John, Bob, Akash We have folder like this way Project Server-> (share folder) |-> Final Files |-> Old Files |-> Temp Files ...

CRM Sales for Outlook runtime Error
We have been using CRM for a while now but just installed the Sales for Outlook. Everything seems to be OK until you try to view a record (any record, account, contact, lead, etc.). When the mouse goes over a record, a runtime error with no information (WHAT A SHOCK) is thrown. Is this a known issue. I have been digging through newsgroups with no success so far. If anyone knows of a fix, I would appreciate it. I'm getting the exact same thing. This what it says for me: A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to debug? Line: 143 Error: Object expected The web interface works fine....

Win 7
I am sorry for asking this question here, but I could not find any group dealing with Windows Seven. Since a couple of days, each time I turn on my laptop my manual arrangement of the icons on the desktop is destroyed. A part of the icons is put along the left vertical edge of the screen and another part of the icons along the right vertical edge of the screen. Some of the icons thrown towards the right edge are even placed under the gadgets! Both the Auto Arrange and Align to grid are unchecked! I run Windows 7 Professional and use another display unit connected to the la...

XP to Windows 7?
I have XP with a corrupted booting system. There are many years of programs I don't want to lose. I was reading info on Windows 7 and its ease of integrating some aspects of XP so I am wondering; if I were to install Windows 7 on a separate partition would there be any way to migrate programs from the XP partition to make them useable? Programs no! But data yes. All programs would have to be installed again. Rui "frogliver" <f_gliver@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OsqUCVB$KHA.4316@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have XP with a corrupted booting ...

Word and Excel Document produced in Windows 7
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Transferring Word and Excel docs created in Windows 7 to the Mac by CD will not open in Word 8 ! Should they and if so, how or won't they? Windows 7 is an operating system, not a version of MS Office. It has nothing to do with the probable cause. Assuming you mean Word 2008 (which is Word 12) it should be able to open the files created by most any version of Windows Word going back to Office 97. It sounds like you're trying to open the files directly from the CD, which is where the problem is. Copy t...

BMR tool for Windows server 2003
I was able to find some articles regarding BMR for Win 2008, but can't find any for Win 2003. Is it still an option in DPM 2007 SP1? Can someone please help point me to the right direction? Thanks Bill You can use SRT with DPM 2007 SP1 for protecting Windows 2003 Servers. You will be able to locate SRT in the DPM 2007 Installation CD. Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Bill N" <billn@jaco.com> wrote in message news:ex#xqjDrKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I was able ...

Not able to get items from Outlook Inbox from Windows Service using VB.NET
I have a Windows Service which is setup and running properly, well, at least it execute my RunThrougInbox method when it is supposed to be. The problem I am having though is that when my RunThroughInbox method is executing, it seems to stop when it gets to the "PROBLEM ON THIS NEXT LINE:" line. I am writing each step of the way to the event viewer window and my logs are mysteriously stopping. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks Here is a portion of my code to help with any resolutions or ideas. Protected Overrides Sub OnStart(ByVal args() As String) Dim cbTimer As...

Help! I don't know how to do a time series graph with Excel 2007!
Hello all! I am taking a statistics course this semester and I have learned how computer illiterate I am in regards to using Excel! I have to make a time series graph; in column A I put ages 1-14, and in column B I put in average heights for each age in inches. My problem is when I go to "Insert" and do "line chart", all the charts have 2 lines and I have no idea how to get all the data on one line. My teacher gave me step by step instructions but it was for the Excel 2003 program and I have Excel 2007 which is totally different. Any help would be appreciated!! Pam O...

Exchange 2007 on SBS 2008
Hello All - I'm having a very odd problem on my clients new Dell Server that's running SBS 2008 w/ Exchange 2007. I created myself and one user and both of us appeared in the Global Address List (GAL) within Outlook. When I created two new users, at a later time, those two users are now not found within the GAL. If I double click the GAL, it will show that the members are all 4 of us, but when it comes to actually selecting one of them, they're not there. Furthermore, what's odd, is that the other user besides myself whom I created initially with myself, ...

Dynamic Charts #7
I have a 2 column data set that I need to chart. The last row of this dataset can increase or decrease. I need the chart to reflect the values dynamically. For this, I am calculating the last row value in the macro and transferring it to the variable "lr". When I try to introduce the value of lr in the following statement and run it, I get an error "Run-time error '1004': Method 'run' of object '_application' failed" activechart.setsourcedata source:=sheets(custname).range("c1:d" & lr & "), plotby:=xlcolumns Does ...

MS-Access 2007 breaks MFC DAO ActiveX
I am using an MFC AxtiveX control in conjunction with an MS-Access application, which has worked for many years with MS-Access2000, XP and 2003. I am now evaluating Access 2007, and I find that I get an error when I try to Update() a CDaoRecordset. The error is "Item not found in this collection". The MFC is developed with VC++ under VS6. All help is appreciated! Rob M ...

use of access-issues
Does anyone know how to set up a "log page" (I'm using Issue database template) so that anyone in my network can see a filled out template but only a few of those should have access to edit them. without being forced to change the "read only" in properties. Problem: someone is calling in with a problem - I open a issue template, filling in all the information. Later someone else that has edit access to this issue template want to update with an answer- He do that. Now the person that called in with this problem should be able to read/see this answer without havin...