Access Report

On my Report I have a Page Header that has my column names, a Category Header
that has my Categories and then my Detail.  How do I sum up my Categories
after each heading? Do I have to create another Header?

ANO
          $400,000        10%       $5000      15%
          $600,000        15%       $8000      14%
I WANT TO SUM UP ANO DATA HERE
BEN
          $400,000        10%       $5000      15%
          $600,000        15%       $8000      14%
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

You want a Category Footer.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele

"Pass-the-Reality" <PasstheReality@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:525CA93E-94B0-40BE-A620-0FC0D5F73789@microsoft.com...
> On my Report I have a Page Header that has my column names, a Category
> Header
> that has my Categories and then my Detail.  How do I sum up my Categories
> after each heading? Do I have to create another Header?
>
> ANO
>          $400,000        10%       $5000      15%
>          $600,000        15%       $8000      14%
> I WANT TO SUM UP ANO DATA HERE
> BEN
>          $400,000        10%       $5000      15%
>          $600,000        15%       $8000      14%

0
Douglas
5/18/2010 1:58:07 PM
Use the Category Footer.
--
Daryl S

"Pass-the-Reality" wrote:

> On my Report I have a Page Header that has my column names, a Category Header
> that has my Categories and then my Detail.  How do I sum up my Categories
> after each heading? Do I have to create another Header?
>
> ANO
>           $400,000        10%       $5000      15%
>           $600,000        15%       $8000      14%
> I WANT TO SUM UP ANO DATA HERE
> BEN
>           $400,000        10%       $5000      15%
>           $600,000        15%       $8000      14%

Two messages at no data in a report
I have a form with a Click-Buttom for opening a report. In the design mode of the report I have used "At no data" and there included a Messega Box saying "Sorry-there is no data in this report". When having no data i the report and clicking on my buttom in the form I will hav 2 messages. The first one is from my message box "Sorry ...." The second one is from the error handling for the buttom saying "Instructio Open report cancelled" (Translated from Swedish "Instruktionen PoenReport avbröts). A part of the error code for the buttom is...

report new page for each alpha
I have a report that produces an alphabetic directory, with the entries for each new letter (A, B, C,) starting on a new page. I have one letter, U, which has only one entry, and for some reason it is coming out on the last T page (it is the only single-entry letter which happens to fall behind a "full" page, where there isn't room on the previous page - but there are plenty of other "short" pages where it correctly does a page break before a letter. Any reason a particular letter (and it's not the only single-entry letter) might not break pages proper...

Need Help Troubleshooting Report Manager
Here is my situation. I can=92t get to Report Manger via IE. IE just displays the =93Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage=94 error message. Details: OS is Server 2008 Standard. I=92m running a standalone computer =96 not connected to the internet. I=92ve installed MS Loopback Adapter. I=92ve installed SQL Server Reporting Services and it=92s running ok. I verified by going to Services. Status is Started, Startup Type is Automatic. The account I=92m logged in as is a member of the Administrators Group. Windows Firewall is off for all profiles. Under Network Connections ...

Net Worth Report on Money 2002
I have added a new liability account named "Home Equity Loan Account". It has a balance of approximately $15,000. Even though I have cleared and rechecked the account names in the reports section making sure that this new account has been marked for inclusion, it doesn't appear on the report. What corrective action should I investigate? ...

Access Code Pushing Values
I have a customer database with [BillAddress] and [ShipAddress]. I am using a "yes/no" box titled[SameShipAddress?]. To automatically fill [ShipAddress] after checking the "yes/no" box I used this code in the after update event for the check box. If Me![SameShipAddress?] Then If IsNull(Me![BillAddress]) Then Else [ShipAddress] = [BillAddress] End If End If This works for the selected customer, but then pushes the entry [BillAddress] of the previous customer to [ShipAddress] of all of the following customers. Any thoughts? Sounds as...

Data source for PivotTable-Form in ACCESS 2000
Hi, this drives me crazy, 4 years ago I defined in an ACCESS 2000 application a "PivotTable-Form". The resulting EXCEL table inclusive the "Data refresh" works perfect. I now want to update/change the query for the "Data Source" but cannot find which query is behind the "PivotTable-Form" or behind the resulting EXCEL spreadsheet. When editing the properties for the "PivotTable-Form" or the EXCEL spreadsheet the "Data Source" is always blank. Question: Where does Access 2000 or EXCEL 2000 hide the respective data source (Query)...

access 2007 and custom toolbars in earlier version
Is there a way in Access 2007 (Enterprise) to modify a custom toolbar created in say Access 2002? In the help there are only topics about the quick access toolbar. I want to modify the action of a button, but right clicking and choosing customize, like used to be so easy (once you get used to it), is no longer possible. Does that mean no more custom toolbars and no backward compatibilty here? Help would be very welcome as the user friendliness of my user's experience is at stake here. ...

Report Writer Dater Function
Hello: Does anyone know how to create a restriction in Report Writer to show the most recent date? I want to obtain the most recent date for the Apply to Document Date field in the body of my report. This field is in the Apply Open File (RM20201). Thanks. childofthe1980s ChildOfThe1980s, I would be more than glad to help if you could further explain what report in particular is this for, is it an aging? If so, would you like the most recent apply to date to display on a summary aging? Not sure I am following what you need. MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Busines...

Custom reports 06-13-05
How can I make custom reports in MS CRM? Thanks, M Where can I find Crystal reports? "Mikkhail" wrote: > How can I make custom reports in MS CRM? > Thanks, M "Mikkhail" <Mikkhail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22C1DD57-5461-4924-8CA9-55810497D2D8@microsoft.com... > Where can I find Crystal reports? You need to buy Crystal Reports Developer or Professional Edition v9.2.2. to make custom reports in Microsoft CRM > > "Mikkhail" wrote: > >> How can I make custom reports in MS CRM? >> Thanks, M you may ...

Reports based on groups
I am using access 2007 and need to create individual reports for a number of different client records so I can export them to email to the clients. The number and names of clients vary each month so I want to write either a macro or module or something such that it will automatically generate the reports each month. Thoughts? ...

access 2003
I have 8 pages i need to link together to save data what is the best way to link them? tlenney, We can't see your *pages* or your tables so asking what is the best way to link will not yield you answers without a wee bit more information. By *pages* do you mean tabs or forms? What are your tables and how are they related to each other? Why would you need to link the data in order to save it? Or are you linking to an outside data source and you are trying to save that data within the database? -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been ...

Denied file access
When I attempt to open my money program, I get a message that says, There is a problem with your Windows security settings. I use Windows 98 and Money 2000. ...

Auditing Mailbox item access
Don't ask me why I am asking, you don't want to know....but Is it possible to monitor and log access not only to a mailbox, but actually to individual items within the mailbox and be able to trace it back to the specific item and user who accessed it? I am aware of the ability to log when a non-primary account logs into a mailbox, but that is not granular enough for the scenario I need to look into. The powers that be want to be able to see not only who accessed a particular mailbox, but actually who accessed a particular message within that mailbox. Just wanted to know if...

Access 97 conversion to 2000 and OpenRecordSet
We have a simple application developed in Acees 95 / upgraded to 97 and now we wish to move to 2000. the application 'almost' upgrades itself apart from a problem we are havinng with OpenRecordSet . The code is simple and I know (with hindsight) it can be much neater but when you do not spend a great deal of time and it works then leave alone. Code throws up Run Time eror 13 at the OpenRecordset command when run. Have read lots of docs but confused as to change this seems a major problem. Have checked DAO 3.6 to get round other problems and they seem to work. Help appreciated Pub...

Program trying to access Contacts
I did a clean install of WinXP and OfficeXP. I use Incredimail for Outlook and Spam Daemon for Outlook and have never had a problem with them. I also did an Office Update this morning. Now whenever I click "new" message, I got a window that says "a program is trying to access the contacts folder" and suggests it may be a virus and gives me an option to permit access but only for 1 to 5 minutes, as a select. What is causing this problem and how do I get rid of it? [I have Norton AV and Zonealarm installed, and they have never caused this problem.] Arthur Broadh...

ACCESS 2000 is deleting records
Just yesterday I converted an Access 97 database to Access 2000. Have a large problem I need help with. After converting the DB I "split it" in order to use it as a backend, same way it was in Access97. After converting the database to Access2k we began to have a problem with Access2k deleting records. it deleted a total of 4 out of 62 records. the records are not together ( record #289365 then 289048 then 289128 then 289178 then this morning 289405) these record are auto-numbered incerement of one. They were entered by different people so I know its not just an operator probl...

OE removed access to unsafe attachments #2
How do I tell Outlook Express to consider some attachments safe and let me open them? Anyone know? Tools-> Options-> tab Security-> uncheck Do not allow... Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your o...

List all row source for all forms, reports etc.
Hi I'm doing some work cleaning out old unused forms, reports and queries. I have been going through each report in a database (There are A LOT), determining its row source query, then marking it for deletion. I will eventually end up going through and deleting all the unused queries. As you can imagine this is time consuming, and I was thinkg 'there must be a FASTER way" Does anyone have a suggestion, or link to a pre-built function or model that could assist me? Regards Darragh On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:14:18 -0800 (PST), Darragh <darragh.murray@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi...

Aging report table for accounts receivable
Can somebody tell me what is the table for a/r aging..I want to make query/view in sql server 2005 Michael, You need to use RM20101 and RM10201 tables. You need to use date functions to get the aging for your view based on document date or due date field. If your aging is setup to be by Doc Date, Consider Doc Date and If it is due date, you should be taking it by Due Date. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Michael@nyresume.com" wrote: > Can somebody tell me what is the table for a/r aging..I want to make > query/view in sql server 2005...

Customizing the Report
Hi, I want to modify the Leads report-Lead List. Where can I find the .RPT file for this report.Can any one help me on this. Thanks in Advance. Regards, Raju Launch Crystal, Go to Enterprise Folders, Under the MSCRM 1.2 folder locate the directory similar tothe categories found on the CRM reports page >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > > I want to modify the Leads report-Lead List. >Where can I find the .RPT file for this report.Can any one help me on this. > >Thanks in Advance. > >Regards, >Raju > > >. > ...

Outlook Web Access #34
I have a problem reading mails from Russia usig OWA ? (it is all a lot of ?????? and maybe numbers). If I use a normal Outlook client there are no problems ? I have triet different regional settings but no luck ? Try posting this in an Exchange news group as OWA is a function of Exchange, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Lost asked: | I h...

Rich Text formatting in Access 2007
In Access 2007, is it possible to add rich text formatting to text in a memo field (or mixed formatting within any text field). I have just upgraded to the new version of Access, and it appears that this feature still has not been added. Is this correct? (If so, why?) If it is not possible to format individual words within a field in Access, , is there a simple, free add-in that will enable Access to do this kind of basic formatting, such as adding italic, bold, and underlining? Thanks very much for any information you may have. Bob Rich Text format for Memos in: Tables - Look in t...

BACKING UP ACCESS DATABASE 10-31-07
I'd like to backup my Access database automatically (no user intervention needed) to an external drive. Does Access allow such a backup while the database is "open" ? If I have to log out of Access, it defeats my purpose of wanting to do the backup without user intervention. There appear to be a number of drives and SW available to do the backup, but the question is whether Access will allow it. Basically I'd like to backup to the external drive every time a record is changed. I'm worried about losing my database if the PC crashes. If your database is that mission...

VBA Help in Access 2007
When looking through the Help engine, either local or online, I get blank pages when I look at many detail pages in the Help file. For example, when looking at most all web pages in ADO (Section I: ActiveX Data Objects (ADO), there's one title line and no detail. Is that planned behavior (no data) or is there some setting or site to find information? I'm specifically looking for handling records in a table (read, process, summarize). Thanks Terryomsn =?Utf-8?B?VGVycnk=?= <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:04199121-0746-4A15-B201-03F13827D29C@microso...

CRM data access from external website
Hi All, I have a fully working CRM 3.0 solution on a dedicated server on my internal network. This server is also running SQL 2005 I have an externally hosted website on a Windows 2003 Server, located on the internet. I would like to be able to let some of my customers access to certain parts of my CRM solution, so that they can see the status of an order. I have developed a website on the external server that uses ASP.NET linked to my Internal SQL server and allows ASP registered users access to certain pages. On these pages I would like to use a table that shows the information that...