Access report preview and print only the first page

Hello,

I'm using 2 buttons for reporting counted values from a tableform.
The counted values are the results of all records and the report now
shows as much pages as there are records.
On each page the same data is reported.

Problem now is that when the user push on printreport then......  he
got a lot of (the same)pages.
Till now I solve it to say....  only print the first page.

Is there an option that the report shows only page 1 of 1, so the user
can only print this one.

Below the macro linked to 2 buttons for the same report.
----------------------
'Based on the filter:
  DoCmd.OpenReport "RExxx", acPreview, , Me.Filter
  Reports!RExxx.OrderBy = Me.OrderBy
  Reports!RExxx.OrderByOn = True
----------------------
'Based on all records:
  DocName = "RExxx"
  DoCmd.OpenReport DocName, A_PREVIEW
----------------------

help me out please,....

regards,
      Johan.
0
jmslab01
5/22/2010 9:57:08 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Isn't the actual problem with the report that prints the same records/values
over and over? I would try to fix this so you wouldn't have to worry about
too many pages printing with your macro.

You might want to provide more information about your report's record source
and what you mean by "tableform" and "counted values are the results of all
records". Are there subreports?

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"jmslab01" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using 2 buttons for reporting counted values from a tableform.
> The counted values are the results of all records and the report now
> shows as much pages as there are records.
> On each page the same data is reported.
>
> Problem now is that when the user push on printreport then......  he
> got a lot of (the same)pages.
> Till now I solve it to say....  only print the first page.
>
> Is there an option that the report shows only page 1 of 1, so the user
> can only print this one.
>
> Below the macro linked to 2 buttons for the same report.
> ----------------------
> 'Based on the filter:
>   DoCmd.OpenReport "RExxx", acPreview, , Me.Filter
>   Reports!RExxx.OrderBy = Me.OrderBy
>   Reports!RExxx.OrderByOn = True
> ----------------------
> 'Based on all records:
>   DocName = "RExxx"
>   DoCmd.OpenReport DocName, A_PREVIEW
> ----------------------
>
> help me out please,....
>
> regards,
>       Johan.
> .

A start on the information we need to help you would include "what is the
data, how is it arranged, and what does 'counted values' and 'tableform'
mean?" When you say "user push on printreport", do you mean the user clicks
on a Control on a Form?

If you only want to report a Sum, or a Count, you can use a Totals Query to
obtain those, and use that Totals Query as the Record Source of the Report.

Create the Query with the Query Builder including the Field you want to Sum
or Count, then click View | Totals to create a totals Query -- choose the
proper option beneath the  Fields in the Totals Query.

--
Larry Linson, Microsoft Office Access MVP
Co-author: "Microsoft Access Small Business Solutions", published by Wiley

"jmslab01" <jmslab01@xs4all.nl> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I'm using 2 buttons for reporting counted values from a tableform.
> The counted values are the results of all records and the report now
> shows as much pages as there are records.
> On each page the same data is reported.
>
> Problem now is that when the user push on printreport then......  he
> got a lot of (the same)pages.
> Till now I solve it to say....  only print the first page.
>
> Is there an option that the report shows only page 1 of 1, so the user
> can only print this one.
>
> Below the macro linked to 2 buttons for the same report.
> ----------------------
> 'Based on the filter:
>  DoCmd.OpenReport "RExxx", acPreview, , Me.Filter
>  Reports!RExxx.OrderBy = Me.OrderBy
>  Reports!RExxx.OrderByOn = True
> ----------------------
> 'Based on all records:
>  DocName = "RExxx"
>  DoCmd.OpenReport DocName, A_PREVIEW
> ----------------------
>
> help me out please,....
>
> regards,
>      Johan.

0
Larry

Printing titles
I'm using Excel XP and I am unable to use the Print title Repeat rows it is greyed out all the time. I have tried several machines and different files. Help please!! Are you getting there by using menu, File, Print, Page Setup, Sheet Tab? "Martin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:021101c3de76$0de69bb0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I'm using Excel XP and I am unable to use the Print title > Repeat rows it is greyed out all the time. I have tried > several machines and different files. Help please!! Martin, This may be because you'v...

Access denied opening XML attachment
A user on my network cannot open an xml attachment in Outlook 2003. It works fine in previous versions. It says "access denied. Error processing resource." If the file is saved to a drive, then it opens without a problem. Is there some security configuration that would cause this behavior? I have tested on multiple machines and multiple users to rule out profile or other causes. I have also checked security on the tmp folder the file is trying to open from. Any insight would be helpful. -Paul ...

Page set up #2
I want to use the paper size of A3, but cannot find it in the paper options. Anyone know where I can find it? Check your printer properties and preferences. If the printers you have installed won't handle A3 you won't have it. And you will need to "install" something that will. Even a "PDF" file printer will do. Alan Badgery wrote: > I want to use the paper size of A3, but cannot find it in the paper > options. Anyone know where I can find it? I've just a home use computer, but the intention was to use the work book between and home and work, w...

How to make Access 2007 Navigation pane invisible?
I have tried the Access Options. | Current Database | Navigation, uncheck Display Navigation Pane, and the vertical "Navigation Pane" still displays in a compiled .ade. Something else yet? Dean Slindee "Dean Slindee" <slindee@charter.net> wrote in message news:%23o1Zj8odKHA.2188@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I have tried the Access Options. | Current Database | Navigation, uncheck >Display Navigation Pane, and the vertical "Navigation Pane" still displays >in a compiled .ade. > > Something else yet? > > Dean Slinde...

Print Preview B&W
My print preview is also in B&W. Before installing Pub 07 it was fine. My color/grayscale icon is "non-clickable." ANY IDEAS? Yes. I assume you have an HP printer. this is a known bug and I reported it back in January. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "Cybertyper" <Cybertyper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15E331BA-70BD-4C6B-98B9-9D69E2B81108@microsoft.com... > My print preview is also in B&W. Before installing Pub 07 it was fine. > My > color/grays...

SRM 3.0 for SBS
Trying to "test" install CRM 3.0 for SBS on a SBS 2003 Premium R2 server. Installation gives option to install a sql Report Server or use existing. The one it tries to install is SQL 2000 and the screen says it is not compatible with other versions of SQL. So will the install allow you to connect to the SBS 2003's SQL 2005 Workgroup Report Server? Can;t find this answer anywhere! Thanks, KBB In answer to your first question, yes. You have to install SQL 2005 Reporting Services, then connect to this during CRM setup "KBB" <kbbnospam@dontspamme123.org> w...

Only printing header in Windows Live Mail
My canon printer has suddenly stopped printing the email content - only the header. Printing in word, excel etc not affected. Using W7 (+ Firefox if that relavent). Any suggestions please Does you have the same problem if you try printing from IE? WLM depends on IE for printing services. Take a look at this: Print and Print Preview May Display Only Text at Top of Page http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=272518 It's a similar problem for a different version but the fix may apply. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Jem" <Jem@discussions.mic...

Printing changes layout
I am printing a booklet on Pub 2002 - when I print one page, it prints a page where everything has changed - resized, cut off the edges, etc. The worst part - when done printing, it goes back to normal view and it actually changes my layout to match what is printed - permanently. Any ideas what is going on? I printed on both my Lexmark and HP printers, does the same thing. I have Windows XP. Help! Thanks! Look at your page layout, has it changed? I know this will happen to me occasionally when I change printers. If I change back to the original printer the publication will revert...

Unable to add custom field to a view/preview
I added a new attribute to the Quote and I am able to add this attribute to the form but the new attribute does not appear in the list of fields when I create a new view. Further, the new field does not appear in the list of fields if I try to add it to the quote preview. I am able to store and retrieve the value of the new field using the API. Thanks for any info. I figured it out. JohnE wrote: > I figured it out. Hi John! How do you solve the problem? Publish and IIS reset don't help. I don't see custom fields in "Customize views", but i can see custom fields ...

Pulling data for a report from a form
Hi, I have a product report list that want to show the on hand qty. so i have this formula in a report field: =onHand([pkProductID],Forms!FrmMyDate!InvDateQty) but when i preview the report it shows #name? instead. Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200912/1 To refer to a textbox on another (open) form, use: =Forms!FrmMyDate!InvDateQty -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "josros60 via AccessMonster.com" <u56159@uw...

How do I link a shape on a organ chart to another org chart page
If I have a org chart on one page with three shapes, A B C, and a second page with names in shapes of people reporting to C on page 1. How can I click on Shape C on first page and bring up the second page showing the employees who work under him C -right click shape C -Format > Behavior > Double-Click -Select "Go to page: Page-2" Frank Help <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 9A0D1770-05EE-42D1-ACB3-A0958688AE64@microsoft.com... > If I have a org chart on one page with three shapes, A B C, and a second page > with names in shapes of pe...

Reporting Bugs to Microsoft
I have found a bug in Exchange 2003, does anyone know how I report this? Whats the bug? -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Exchange MVP www.exchangetrainer.com www.msexchange.org "fatiefats" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:682EE703-4471-4D68-9359-CD32DD34DA9D@microsoft.com... >I have found a bug in Exchange 2003, does anyone know how I report this? I attempted to uninstall Exchange server. I need to do this because the domain controller was incorrectly installed. Anyway I am getting this message: Setup encountered an error while checking prereq...

sending web pages
My Outlook (2003)does not allow me to send a webpage or the link to a page as it says it is because it may have a potential virus. How do I resolve this? Thank you Copy/paste the link instead. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: David Davidson <ddavidson@adelphia.net> asked: | My Outlook (2003)does not allow me to send a webpage or | the link to a page as it says it is because it may have a | potential virus. How do I resolve this? Thank you ...

Printing checks #6
When I print to blank stock in the pay to the order of line the Account name is printed rather than the Payee name. This is the test version of Money which I would like to buy and use as it seem to have features which I like but the print glitch is a problem. Is there something I am not doing correctly or is this a "Feature?" Thanks, Dave. ...

One Record Per Page Printing-Access 2007
Report for daily appointments for senior transportation drivers. Report is grouped by Driver. Keep together is selected. Detail band: Keep together-Yes; Force New Page-Before Section; Can Grow-Yes; Can Shrink-Yes Goal: Report generated so each driver has his/her own appointments. Orientation: Landscape, paper size 8.5 x 14, column width: 13.5729"; column height: 0.3069" When previewing in Print Preview one record per page is appearing rather than all appointments for a driver for a given date. I have the bands as narrow as I can make them. I am missing somethi...

Outlook prompts a errorr report
Hi, All my Outlook2003 always prompts :"! tasks"Microsoft Exchange Server" report a error(0x8004010F):"operation failure. can't find a object. But My outlook2003 send/receive email is normal.It can send and receive email. Then how can I solve this problems .thanks. !����Microsoft Exchange Server�������˴���0x8004010F):"����ʧ�ܡ��Ҳ���ij������ Nothing you can do from the client side as this message could mean that one or all key system folders on Exchange server are not being replicated/populated with information. The system folders I refer to are: Offline A...

Invisible Font Preview
I can only see my font list when it is not in preview mode. Can anyone help it's really annoying me! Lucio wrote: > I can only see my font list when it is not in preview mode. Can anyone help > it's really annoying me! The answer is in my FAQ Go to http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=54 -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Seperate Page
I have 12 pages in my newsletter created with Publisher. I want to send page 2 to a friend as a PDF file. How can I send her page 2 without sending the entire 12 pages? Only output the selected pages to the pdf writer (it's in the print dialog) "garnettmcd" <garnettmcd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0B58B6D-802B-4A56-B3F2-B3FF402FAE85@microsoft.com... |I have 12 pages in my newsletter created with Publisher. | I want to send page 2 to a friend as a PDF file. | | How can I send her page 2 without sending the | entire 12 pages? | | | View, clea...

MFC Registry Access in Automation Servers (EXE)
I have written a MFC server application (MFC automation server). Some configuration settings are saved with WriteProfileInt /WriteProfileString to the registry. I used SetRegistryKey("Mycompany") for the registry path. The application works fine under different users. Now this application is started as embedded server via my ASP code from the IIS. The machine is a Windows 2003 Web Edition Server. For this case the DCOM and IIS settings uses a predefined user for the ASP code and the COM server. If I start the app per hand now under this user everything is going well. But if the app ...

Portrait only printing in Excel
I have an interesting problem. I have a workstation (Dell Pentium IV XP PRO) that has Office 2k on it. When I/we try to print to a networked printer, the document will only print in portrait no matter what changes I make to page settings or printer settings. We are on Active Directory, so as long as the documents are submitted from a different computer, it will print fine. Any suggestions? This could be a complete waste of your time, but the first thing I'd try is to reinstall the printer driver. (maybe even get a fresh driver from the printer manufacturer's web site???) Howa...

how print page out of pages, w/o header?
Thanks for any help. I have a workbook, with a header for some columns, but the last page of the workbook (the lowest rows of worksheet), don't need the headers, but I don't see any functions for stopping headers on a certain page. Is this possible? Not a big deal, it's just a row of labels with no info underneath them, but I would like to get rid of this header for this one last page if possible. Of course, I could change from headers to putting it into the worksheet itself, but I was wondering if I could do it this way. Thanks again. Check your print range in File | Page ...

center text when conditional format applied
Textbox control on Access 2007 form lost its centered alignment when conditional formatting is applied. This did not happen in previous versions of Access. I tried using format painter to apply conditional formats from a control created in an earlier version, but this failed. The control created in the earlier version then lost it's centering after saving in Access 2007. -- Roy Handy Interesting. I tried to replicate this behaviour but failed, it all worked as it should. Try revisiting your form after applying the conditional formatting and resetting the text box to center text. ...

Restricting SubForm to One Record Entry Per Parent: Access 2007
Hello All, I have a one-to-one relationship between two table. I have successfully added the subform, but I get the option to add additional child records in the Datasheet View. This means that when a user tabs to the next row and enters data they get an error--and they should. Question: How do I restrict the subform to show only one row in Datasheet View? I hope I was clear. Feel free to ask for clarification. Thank you in advance for your assistance. Alcide, You have two options here. If the records are already added to the source of the subform you could set the &qu...

Combining second row to first row
How do I make this: John Edwards 24 Main St NY NY 08000 (all data is in seperate cells) Look like this: John Edwards 24 Main St NY, NY 08000 (Each cell moved to top line) There are multiple rows of this data. Thanks try this Sub moverow() For i = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row To 2 Step -2 Range(Cells(i, 1), Cells(i, 10)).Copy Cells(i - 1, 2) Rows(i).Delete Next End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "LisaJ27" <LisaJ27@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CFDD53F-0D38-4117-AFAD-D65414BB86FB@microsoft.c...

Microsoft publisher, how do I set it to show multiple pages?
I'm trying to show more than one page in a single viewing pane. As in for the use of a banner. You'd think that'd be a simple and accesable function. I don't see it anywhere... Print preview has this function. Not sure if this is what you are asking... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "BrickShort" <BrickShort@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B42E0DAE-9DB6-4587-A157-3C2F5225FA02@microsoft.com... > I'...