access form toolbar

I have a form created for users and I created a custom toolbar for them to
use, but everytime I open Access I only see the toolbar I created.  Is there
a way to just attach it to the form and my access will open with all toolbars
showing?  Also, if I have a custom toolbar for the form how can it be set so
they cannot change it?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Click in the properties of the form. You should see an option for a menubar
there. Choose your own menubar here (e.g. place the name of the menubar
here). Your menubar will now be attached to the form.

hth
--
Maurice Ausum

"Pammy" wrote:

> I have a form created for users and I created a custom toolbar for them to
> use, but everytime I open Access I only see the toolbar I created.  Is there
> a way to just attach it to the form and my access will open with all toolbars
> showing?  Also, if I have a custom toolbar for the form how can it be set so
> they cannot change it?

Opening Access Database from Internet Explorer
sWe currently have a site where we can upload files and then a user can access these files. Currently we have an access database which when you click on the link you get the option to either save it or open it. When you click Open the Access database opens just fine on the machines that have Access 2003 but not the case for the machines that have Access 2007. At first I thought it was because I was trying to open a .mdb on a machine that has Access 2007 but then I created an Access 2007 database and the same error when I tried to open it through the site. Is anyone aware of c...

acess form: how can I have more than 2 people modify it?
someone told me about the bcm v2 - what is that? I've only found it for outlook... it should make 5 people open and modify the form I've created in Access, is this right? I'd like to know how I can have a shared folder with an Access Form be used by several people at the same time, not just one. Is this possible? If someone could help me on this I'd greatly appreciate it. Never heard of bcm v2, but the rest of your question is fairly common. With an Access application you want to be available for multiple users, here is the correct way to deploy it. First, let me say D...

EXMERGE.exe ... security access to mailboxes
I am trying to recover mailboxes on failed Exhange 2000 server using EXMERGE.exe. I am able to run tool and see mailboxes but logs show userid does not have acces... I am using Administrator account which has SAVE & RECEIVE access as per EXEMS error message/corrective action. I still can not access any mailboxes. Any ideas as to how to resolve? I have added Administrator account to Exhange/Domain Admins... whatz up? thanks... grant First, remove the Admin account from the Exchange Domain Servers group (I'm thinking this is what you meant). Reason: the admin has an inherited d...

Access 2007-Create Custom Menu
Hello, I've been searching all day and is still unable to find what I'm looking for. I was upgraded to 2007 and have converted my Access 2003 database. I figured out how to customize (using XML, go me) the Ribbon to only display the tools I want the users to use, but for the life of me, I can't seem to figure out how to add a menu to it. For example, I want to have a menu that lists a bunch of reports. This is the code for my Ribbon: <customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui"> <ribbon startFromScratch="tru...

Access 2010 Observation
I'm bugged. I just finished watching a video where Ryan McMinn, "Program Manager for the Access Team" at Microsoft demonstrated lots of new features Access2010 has for web/sharepoint use. The first demo he did showed how easy it is to add "calculated columns" to a table. Hello? I was under the impression that "calculated columns" shouldn't be stored in a table--yet, there he is, showing how easy it is to come up with a new field for "days in-between" start date and end date fields. So, I guess now it's "okay" to...

Default value for a field in the create form
Hi all, It's possible to define a default value for a field, in the create form ? Thanks, Hugo You can default a picklist value with out of the box customization but that's it. >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, > >It's possible to define a default value for a field, in the create form ? > >Thanks, >Hugo > > >. > ...

MS Access Copy record to another table based on a form input 10-08-07
Hello. I have 6 Tables, all with identical fields. I want to copy a record from one table into another table, which table depends on what table is selected in a form. So if the table names are One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, and the record that I want to copy and insert into another table has been selected by a query in a form. I want the form to direct where to insert the table. So if the form has table Two selected (from the drop down list) then it should insert the record into table Two. If the form has table Four selected then it should insert it into table Four. The table the record is...

Project Center Access Not Working
Our Admins and PMs are getting the following message when they access the Project Center. "Project Center cannot access the project(s) you are trying to view. It is most likely that you either don't have permissions to view the project, another user has deleted this project(s) before you were able to view it or that another user is in the process of publishing the project" It works sometimes, but most of the time we get this message, we can get it to work if we keep refreshing or changing views that has less data to show. Does anyone has any idea on how to fix thi...

Access 2000 front end/back end
Hello all, I have an access database front end that is linked to a back end. I cannot remember where I put my back end. Is there a way to find out where my back end is? (We are talking databases here!) Thanks g Ha! I found it!! g ...

How do I Excel formula =LEFT(A2,LEN(A2)-3) in an Access Query
I need to delete the last 12 characters (phone number) from a field that contains names and phone numbers. Lou Are you asking how to do this in MS Access? If so, take a look in Access HELP re: Mid() function and Len() function. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does not constitute endorsement thereof. Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no guarantee as to suitability. ...

OPenign an Excel sheet form Access
Hello everyone, I would like to open a shared excel spreadsheet on our server by using a button from Access. Can I use the runApp macro for this? If so what do I need to do...I have little experience with macros. Thanks. Add a button to your form add an onclick event and then enter the following code application.followhyperlink "c:\...\...\...\excel.xls" obviously replace the "c:\...\...\...\excel.xls" with the path and filename of the excel file you wish to open. -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault "Amanda" wrote: > Hello everyone, > &g...

Can't access Contacts when Sendin Email
Sending email =96 can=92t get to contacts I have two newly installed Outlook 2003 on two separate computers. I thought I installed them tin the same manner. But I get different results when I attempt to add recipient names in the send field. In each case, in the respective =93contact=94 section, I have a list of names and email addresses laid out the same way. When I click in the =93To=94 field on a new message, each brings up a =93Select Names dialog. But on one, the =93Show Names From List=94 box shows =93contacts=94, with t= he Contacts listed below, permitting easy entry...

Two problems: Printing PPM image and accessing the generic Print Preview when using static MFC window
Hi, I can print IPicture objects with no trouble (drawn with Ipicture->render). But when I do it with PPM/PNG drawn with StretchDIBits I can see it on the screen and also in print preview, but the printed page is empty. Is it possible to do it, or can I wrap my BYTE array containing the image into an IPicture pbject and draw it through IPicture->render? I also have trouble with print preview in static MFC DLL. When I click print preview a warning window appears (with an empty string) and I can click OK and it ignores my attempt to open print preview. In debug mode it says there was an a...

Access via the Web
How can I take my Access Database and make it web based? Thanks! Ty "Ty" <Ty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CE50DA9-310D-4CED-9DAA-5D3DFE9AACF3@microsoft.com... > How can I take my Access Database and make it web based? > > Thanks! > > Ty You can no more use word to create a database then you can use ms-access for the web. It just simply the wrong tool..... If you REALLY do need a web based system, you not be using ms-access, but will have to adopt some web development tools. you can however *deploy* your application to users over the ...

Non-Outlook access to old O2k .pst
I have about 670 mb of old messages in the Outlook 2000 .pst files on my 'old' pc. Cannot afford to license Outlook on my 'new' pc. I can/will put the O2k files on the 'new' pc, which runs Win7 HP-64 OEM. How can I access them there if/when I need to dig an old Email out? Any/all help/suggestions much appreciated. Puddin' "Law Without Equity Is No Law At All. It Is A Form Of Jungle Rule." "Puddin' Man" <puddingDOTman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:fd5j16dvhp8m2lps6q6dl3cjq3r8nt71kn@4ax.com... > > I have about 670 mb ...

Deleting ODBC data files relating to Access 2007
I had Office 2003 on my machine with some Access database files. The machine was reformatted and Office 2007 was installed. This caused some problems with the existing database files. I then created some using Access 2007. I then reverted back to 2003 and that made things worse. The bottom line is that Office 2007 has been reinstalled and I'm sticking with it. The problem is that there are a few ODBC data files that will not delete. I go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Data Sources (ODBC) Shortcut. The files will not delete. I'd appreciate any help or ...

Restrict user access to their own records and associated entities
Hi all, I have a user - and they can correctly 'see' only their 'Contacts' But I have created other entities - lets say a 'product' that all users can see. And as each 'Contact' can be interested in more than one 'product' and each 'product' can have more than one 'Contact' interested I've created another entity called 'ContactProducts' to link the two. It basically has only two fields, a referential 'lookup field' to each of 'product' and 'Contact. The entities ('product' and 'ContactProduc...

Remove sort and filters programmatically on form
I have a form based on a 2 table query. User will use shortcut menu to filter records down to what they want to work on and sort accordingly. I have a button to remove all filters but I also want to remove any sorts that were applied and I can't seem to get that part to work. I use the following to remove all the filters. I just need help with the code to get the form back to the original underlying query sort. On_Click event of button control Me.Filter = "" FilterOn = False Like I said, this brings back all records but the sort stays. I am using Access 200...

Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005)
Hopefully someone here can tell me I'm an idiot and there is an easy solution to this. I'm unable to get the SSP running in Sharepoint. While searching around I've found quite a few places where people are runnig into the same error, but no definite solution. I suspected this has something to do with permissions between the SQL and MOSS servers, but I've gone through all the account requirements in the prerequisites and I can't find what I've done wrong. I'm running MOSS 2007 in the test lab on 2008 server (SRV04) in a Hyper-V virtual environm...

Creating a taskbar toolbar (like media player)
Hi, Can anyone point me to a project / sample code to enable me to minimize my project to a toolbar on the taskbar, as Windows Media Player does. My application is MDI based and not dialog based. TIA Tony Here you go: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb776819.aspx http://www.microsoft.com/msj/1199/bandobj/bandobj.aspx AliR. "Tony" <lazy.herbert@homeandresting.com> wrote in message news:OjbpMAsNIHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Can anyone point me to a project / sample code to enable me to minimize my > project to a toolbar on the tas...

Trust access to visual basic project in XP systems
we have 2000 OS in some system and XP in some system .Excel in XP system not have checkbox (Trust access to visual Basic Project) for macros . Because of the this i think vb exe which is try to run excel macro are failing. can any one hlep me. This is a setting that each user must change. So I think you'll have to educate the users to change this setting before your VB program can run. kasi wrote: > > we have 2000 OS in some system and XP in some system .Excel in XP system not > have checkbox (Trust access to visual Basic Project) for macros . > Because of the this i...

Access 2007 Licensing Question
We have started to use Access 2007 at work and I really like it. It seems incredibly powerful for a small price tag. In the IBM mainframe world, such a tool with similar functionality would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. I used to work in this realm. I am having so much fun with Access 2007 at work, that I am considering buying a copy for my home PC to be able to experiment after hours and on weekends. (Sign of dedication, or sign of being a true geek? :-) I have an older Dell PC which works fine, but I plan to replace it at the end of 2010. If I buy Access 2...

How to assign online access to exsiting account
i am testing Money 2005 and have imported from an existing quicken 2004 file. it seems all my accounts moved, but it didn't retain the fact that some accounts like American express and my back have on-line services enable. i can't seem to enable those features again without creating a new American express account or bank account. is there a way to assign on-line access to an existing account? thanks m Before you get that question answered, make sure you know how to *UN*assign online access to an existing account. While some users experience satisfaction with that functionalit...

Can not access my account from another computer
when trying to use portfolio manager it does not show my accounts, just a few generic indexes. I use money plus and have gone through all the settings to try to find a way to enable this feature but no luck. It appears that Money Plus does not upload any data, anyone have any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, arjanbok@gmail.com wrote: >when trying to use portfolio manager it does not show my accounts, >just a few generic indexes. I use money plus and have gone through all >the settings to try to find a way to enable this feature but no luck. >It appears that Money Plus does not...

Link SQL Server Table to Access
Is there any way to create a link in Access to a SQL table without having the user manually create the DSN using the admin tools? My hope was they could access the sql table (view only) without manually creating the DSN. Thanks for your help. "db2nd" <db2nd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9A0E10A-3CB0-4F8B-8D1B-F4690B9D86B9@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to create a link in Access to a SQL table without having > the > user manually create the DSN using the admin tools? My hope was they > could > access the sql table (view only) ...