Access fails to start

Today Access fails to start on my Windows 2003 server.  Used yesterday and
had no problem .... Windows updates were applied over night.

Error message is 'Access failed to start correctly last time. .... Do you
want to start Access in safe mode. ..... To my knowledge, I never did have a
failure in the last 24 hours, so can't believe this.

Did the dectect errors and repair .... run successfully, but still get this
failure everytime.

Any ideas?
--
CL
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Did you download and install any automatic updates last night? The have a
habit of changing your security settings and you may need to change them
back.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"CL" <CL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Today Access fails to start on my Windows 2003 server.  Used yesterday and
> had no problem .... Windows updates were applied over night.
>
> Error message is 'Access failed to start correctly last time. .... Do you
> want to start Access in safe mode. ..... To my knowledge, I never did have
> failure in the last 24 hours, so can't believe this.
>
> Did the dectect errors and repair .... run successfully, but still get
> this
> failure everytime.
>
> Any ideas?
> --
> CL

0
Arvin
12/12/2007 9:58:26 PM
Autoupdate did KB941568, 942615, 941569, 890830, 942763, 944653, 942840

Can't think of what security settings you would be referencing as I run as
Administrator when using the server.

The server does run IIS for a database app - all of my databases are Access
and the web app works think.

Access was installed with Excel, Powerpoint & Word .... they all work fine.

..... just did a 're-install' (without the removal) still no luck.

--
CL

"Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:

> Did you download and install any automatic updates last night? The have a
> habit of changing your security settings and you may need to change them
> back.
> --
> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> http://www.datastrat.com
> http://www.mvps.org/access
> http://www.accessmvp.com
>
> "CL" <CL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Today Access fails to start on my Windows 2003 server.  Used yesterday and
> > had no problem .... Windows updates were applied over night.
> >
> > Error message is 'Access failed to start correctly last time. .... Do you
> > want to start Access in safe mode. ..... To my knowledge, I never did have
> > failure in the last 24 hours, so can't believe this.
> >
> > Did the dectect errors and repair .... run successfully, but still get
> > this
> > failure everytime.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> > --
> > CL

You'll need to research all of them and try  to see if that's the reason.

If it is an install problem, it's always wise to uninstall, reboot then
reinstall. Sometimes even then it won't work right an you'll need to
uninstall, reboot, use a registry cleaner, reboot again, then reinstall.
--

> Autoupdate did KB941568, 942615, 941569, 890830, 942763, 944653, 942840
>
> Can't think of what security settings you would be referencing as I run as
> Administrator when using the server.
>
> The server does run IIS for a database app - all of my databases are
> Access
> and the web app works think.
>
> Access was installed with Excel, Powerpoint & Word .... they all work
> fine.
>
> .... just did a 're-install' (without the removal) still no luck.
>
> --
> CL
>

> "Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Did you download and install any automatic updates last night? The have a
>> habit of changing your security settings and you may need to change them
>> back.
>> --
>> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
>> http://www.datastrat.com
>> http://www.mvps.org/access
>> http://www.accessmvp.com
>>
>> "CL" <CL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Today Access fails to start on my Windows 2003 server.  Used yesterday
>> > and
>> > had no problem .... Windows updates were applied over night.
>> >
>> > Error message is 'Access failed to start correctly last time. .... Do
>> > you
>> > want to start Access in safe mode. ..... To my knowledge, I never did
>> > have
>> > failure in the last 24 hours, so can't believe this.
>> >
>> > Did the dectect errors and repair .... run successfully, but still get
>> > this
>> > failure everytime.
>> >
>> > Any ideas?
>> > --
>> > CL

0
Arvin

How Do I Overcome "Access Denied" Message
During a recent troubleshooting session with Microsoft, they fixed a problem regarding errors in the . NET Framework Programs. However, after the session was over, I noticed that Microsoft had left a number of directories on my hard drive with very long numbers, all related to reinstalling .NET or removing .NET. I was able to change the names of these directories, and thus determined that they were not used for anything, but were part of the debugging session when Microsoft took over control of my PC. When I tried to delete them, most of them were easily disposed of. However, in ...

MS Money 2005 Remote Access?
I just purchased a new computer preloaded with MNY 2005. I have used MNY 97, 2000, and 2002 in the past. My question is why do I get a message when I am closing money (while my internet connection is open) that Money is "sending and receiving information" to be used on other computers? My other programs never done this, and I have been unable to find any documentation of this occurence anywhere. If I can access my information remotely, how do I do it? -- Cecelia Do you sign in to Money with a Passport? Do you download data? Did Money tell you that this data was coming fro...

Access 2007 05-21-10
I am creating a customer service database in access for my IT company. I wish to create a table with a table to track actions on the original record how can i do this? At Microsoft.com they have a lot of templates for building databases. The templates lay out the table structure and basically how to do your forms, report, and queries. -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "London Looney" wrote: > I am creating a customer service database in access for my IT company. I wish > to create a table with a table to track actions on the original record how ...

Failed in installing CRM 3.0 server:unknown full-text failure
Hi, i try to install CRM 3.0 server on win 2k3, sql2000 sp4. Everything is in a single machine. I'm using the trial lisence key. After passing the checklists, in the end of installation, it said MS CRM 3.0 server setup failed This is the errors in the log file: 17:05:47| Error| Install exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An unknown full-text failure (8007007e) occurred in function EnumCatalogs on full-text catalog ''. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at M...

TransferSpreadsheet Access 2003 to Excel 2007 Error
I've had Excel 2007 installed and still run Access 2003 on my PC. The following code ran fine when Excel 2003 was on my PC, but since using 2007 it generates an error. 'Transfer the recordset data to the workbook. DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, , QueryName, strNewWorkbookPath _ , , NamedFormula The error details are: err.Number 3274 err.Description External table is not in the expected format. Any ideas as to possible fixes for this problem? ...

collecting data using email in a Access table
I am collecting a group's information(name, phone number and three paragraphs describing their hobby). I want to send an email to all the group recipients which allows them to enter the information(name, phone number and three paragraphs describing their hobby) and update it in a Access table stored on my machine. One way I can do this if all recipients have Outlook 2007 is using the email create facility of Access 2007 which is described at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=618891E8-7145-44C8-9E40-82218B1E8DF7&displaylang=en This creates a ...

new string started on PF contact folder issue
Thanks so much for taking the time to look at my question. I wanted to clear the air on my original message, I think it had some confusing/incorrect syntax. As I re-read my post, it doesn't make sense, so I'll rephrase. Forget all the references to the GAL as in my 1st post. When the SBS server user creates a PF containg contact items, by default the properties/OAB tab/'show this folder as an email address list' ISN'T ticked. When he does tick it on the server-side, the Outlook 2003 clients open a new email clicks on To: and in the address lists available, the newly c...

Program Accessing Outlook Addresses
I have been getting this error ever since I download the latest patch for XP Office Pro - "A program is trying to access email address you have stored in Outlook...do you want to allow this?" If I click no it keeps popping up. I don't want to allow it if it is a program that should not be accessing my address book. I have the latest Norton Antivirus and Internet Security and download updates daily and I have a spyware detector that deletes any spyware. Both have been run numerous times and have detected nothing. Is there anyway to determine exactly what program is ...

Access to tasks
Hi all, I am using an exchange 2003 setup with office 2003 pro.I can share my tasks so that my manager can review them. But what I would like to do is add a link to a microsoft word document (monthly report) so when it is click on by the manger it will display the completed tasks for that month. Has anyone tried this or is it impossible to query outlook to display only certain data. I know that I can view that completed task and sort them by date. But is there a way of linking Word 2003. In a nut shell my manger would like to click a link in the monthly report so that the completed tas...

Opening another Access DB from a Form Button
How can I open another access DB (eg., Database2) from a form in database1. I think it would be easier to open a separate db (eg., Database2) vs importing all of the queries, forms, reports into database1. I tried the 'run app' from a wizard. It builds this code - but I get error 'Invalid procedure'. Also tried runApp in macro but get msg saying 'can not invoke application using Run App action. Invalid path or component missing. I know the path is correct - can you tell me what is missing? Private Sub OpenCompletenessRep_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Open...

Access Mailing list problems
I am trying to create a mailing list from a county tax roll. I have a table with the following fields: PPIN(unique parcel number), OWNER (name of owner), C/O (mailing instructions), ADDRESS, CITY, STATE, ZIP, SECTION, TOWNSHIP, RANGE, CULTIVATABLE ACRES, UNCULTIVATABLE ACRES, TOTAL ACRES I want to create a mailing list from the data for each address that owns more than 100 uncultivatalbe acres in aggregate. Since an owner may own multiple parcels I want to sum the total acres each person/or address owns. The problems are: 1. I would delete duplicate records for OWNER but many parcel...

How do i add a Month Abreviation in an access 2003 report?
How do i add a Month Abreviation in an access 2003 report? You can simply add a text box with a control source like ="Jan" or a label with a caption of Jan If you want the month abbreviation tied to the current date or a field in your report's record source, you could set the format property to mmm -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "JWalk" wrote: > How do i add a Month Abreviation in an access 2003 report? thanks for the info i used =now and format mmm "Duane Hookom" wrote: > You can simply add a text box with a control source lik...

Decouple field synchronization in Access 2007 split form
I love the new split form functionality in Access 2007. However, I have an issue with it that I have been unable to resolve. The datasheet view provided in the upper portion (by default) of the form is great for navigating the recordset, then using the detail form portion below to edit the record. Or, rather, it would be save for one characteristic that I cannot seem to turn off. Whenever a field is selected in either view, the corresponding field is selected in the other view. The problem is that when I edit a field partway through the record in the detail form, the data sheet view sh...

Quick Access Toolbar 2007
I have a client that wants to import this to another machine. Is that possible? This is what he's tried so far and it isn't working. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 1. To export Ribbon or Quick Access Toolbar customizations: On the File tab, click Options, click Customize Ribbon or Quick Access Toolbar. Create your customizations, click Import/Export, and then click Export all customizations. You can use the *.exportedUI file to create the same customizations on another computer by importing the file. ----------------------------------------...

Find all objects to which a USER has access
Hi, I inherited an exhange infrastructure where even the Janitor has access to somoneelse's mailbox. I need to find out who has access to whose mailbox, any and all helpis highly appreciated. Thanks, TARAK ...

failed to write trace from web service
Hi I am using IIS6 on Windows Server 2003. I am trying to write to the trace log via Web Service but fails. System.Diagnostics.Trace.WriteLine("some message"); I am using DebugView to see the traces. The Web Service is the hello world example with the statement above. I have changed the username= attribute in the machine.config file to "System". It does not help. The ASPNET process is running under SYSTEM user. When I am running the same code on other PC with IIS 5 and XP Pro it works OK. When I am running a simple Windows Form application with the same statement every...

2003 calendar start/end time
I found this thread http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook/browse_frm/thread/4b020c2231cc38b8/0dfe2b2619f3ea20?q=end+time&rnum=3#0dfe2b2619f3ea20 but I'm still not having any success with what I want. The default when setting an appt is that the appt will be 1/2 hour. In most cases, I'd just as soon have it be zero minutes, so I have to change the end time. In the thread cited Nikki said "Outlook will start to offer that. It takes a few uses to work." However, I've not found that to be the case. One can change the default Reminder, surely there is a ...

Access 2007 interface, modifications?
Hi, I'm just learning Access (using 2007) and one thing that troubles me a bit (aside from learning sub-queries) is "menu-system" in Access. In fact, even if I use a "custom menu, with sub-groups" it feels cluttered. 1. One thing that would really help would be if I could use more than 1 level in menu, that is, a second or even third would allow me to hide a lot of objects (tables, queries and forms). Does anyone know if that's doable? 2. If anyone of you has some other tips on how to make the working (developer) interface more efficient I'm all ears! :&...

eConnect Outgoing Services Starts then Stops
I have just installed eConnect 9 on a Windows 2003 Enterprise server. When I try to start the "Microsoft Business Solutions - Great Plains eConnect Outgoing Service 9.0" service I receive the following message: The Microsoft Business Solutions - Great Plains eConnect Outgoing Service 9.0 service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service. What can I do to resolve this issue? Any help is appreciated. Even I'm facing the same problem but I'm using GP 8.0...

Foxpro to Access 2000
How do I convert programs and screens developed in foxpro to ms access events programs and forms Isaac, As far as I know, there is no conversion capability (internal or third-party) to convert FoxPro code and screens to Access. -- Cheryl Fischer Law/Sys Associates Houston, TX "Isaac" <isingini@jhu.medcol.mw> wrote in message news:080301c35daa$6ec343e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do I convert programs and screens developed in foxpro > to ms access events programs and forms ...

How can I get Excel Spreadsheets to have that great Access look? .
dCan I get excel spreadsheets to have that great Access spreadsheet Appearance? Not really sure what you mean with this. Maybe explain what you mean with 'Access' look exactly -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Tucson Guy" <TucsonGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FB866AA6-E420-470F-9184-A5817D03AC75@microsoft.com... > dCan I get excel spreadsheets to have that great Access spreadsheet > Appearance? ...

Microsoft Query rejects "nz" function in Access Query
Since MS Query can't cope with the nz() function used in Access Queries, is there any workround I can use (hopefully without rewriting all my database queries)? ...

Access Form Blinks repeatedly
I put a tab control on a form with 1 subform on each tab accross 6 tabs. These forms load up their own table of data. On the main form alongside the tab control i created a subform that lists the users taht are linked into EVERY table of the database. I created a textbox on the form that has a control source set to the subform user list and then set all the subforms in the tab control to link master and child fields to their keyid and the main forms textbox. This WAS work until about a week ago when all of a sudden the forms start blinking rapidly when a user is clicked on the subform list...

Installing Access XP alongside Office Std
XP SR2. Office 2003 Standard installed (an upgrade from Office XP Professional). I need to use Access for a month or two only. Is it safe to install Access from the XP Professional Suite CD? thanks HG Hi Helen, > Office 2003 Standard installed (an upgrade from Office XP Professional). ?? Office Standard would be a downgrade vs. Office Professional... > I need to use Access for a month or two only. Or, you might get hooked like the rest of us and be using it much longer! :-) > Is it safe to install Access from the XP Professional Suite CD? I would think you should be fine ...

where to get Access 97..
anyone know where i could get version of access 97? thks, dmeehanjr@netzero.net Try Eb*y or a thrift store/charity shop. "nycdon" wrote: > anyone know where i could get version of access 97? > thks, > dmeehanjr@netzero.net 11 ...