access database 03-16-10

I have created a siimple database project file but everytime I open or close
my database, another file is created, ie I will see db1, db2 or db3 appearing
in the same folder as my created database and of the same file size.  Please
help.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

When you save, save it with the same file name or it will make a new one.
--
Milton Purdy
ACCESS

"Josephine Ng" wrote:

> I have created a siimple database project file but everytime I open or close
> my database, another file is created, ie I will see db1, db2 or db3 appearing
> in the same folder as my created database and of the same file size.  Please
> help.
On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 00:53:01 -0700, Josephine Ng
<JosephineNg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have created a siimple database project file but everytime I open or close
>my database, another file is created, ie I will see db1, db2 or db3 appearing
>in the same folder as my created database and of the same file size.  Please
>help.

My guess is that you have the database set to "Compact on Close". Access
compacts the database by making a copy (named, you got it, db1, or db2 if
there is a db1); then it deletes your current database and renames the new
one.

On your computer it appears that you do not have the Windows system privileges
to delete or rename the database file, so it's unable to complete the
compaction.

I'd suggest that you just turn off Compact on Close.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Entourage 2008 crashes regularly, database damaged
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange On average about every two weeks, my Entourage 2008 crashes and I get an error message that tells my my database is damaged. Sometimes I see odd behavior, such as the Office Notifications no longer working; other times, everything looks fine except for the constant message telling me the database is damaged. <br><br>I've tried rebuilding the database, which is slow and frustrating, but often I still get the &quot;database damaged&quot; message after rebuilding. The...

test 05-11-10
hiiiiiiiiiiiiii ...

Closing another database with VBA
Hi, I’m having a problem with the code to do the following… 1- A user opens a file called Core. 2- Upon opening the splash screen (on the Form_Load event), it compares a version number it finds within the database to one that is in another database called Data. 3- If the versions are different, the Core file opens the Updater file. 4- The Updater file closes the Core file. 5- The Updater file copies the latest version of the Core file (located somewhere else) and replaces the first one with the latest version. 6- The Updater opens the newly copied Core file. 7- The Updater closes itself. ...

Export from Access
I built an Access database which to export the daliy (new) figures to Excel to the desktop. One of the queries is for pulling all the information for a Credit Manager (CM). I then need to link this data to a summary spreadsheet. So each day I want to go to my database, pick the CM's data, export and replace the old info with the new, and keep the links I have created when I exported the first one. When I exported the first, I linked it to a number of spreadsheets. Any thoughts? I get an error telling me that It cannot expand the named range. If I rename it then I would have to r...

Looking up data from Access
I would like to extract data from MS Access into Excel '97 to populate single cell, preferably imitating the 'vlookup' function, i.e. give the value of an Excel cell, the related field name in the externa database query, and the field with the value to return, it wil populate the current cell with this value. Not sure how clear that is. Let me know if it isn't, and thanks fo any help you can give -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I've found a solution using the SQL.Request workbook function, whic does what I need. However, I need to populate many cells...

Conver Numbers to Log 10
How do I convert column of numbers (n=3000) to log 10 column of numbers? Assuming that your column is column A, one way: In an unused column, enter =LOG(A1) and copy down 3000 cells. Copy the column, choose column A and choose Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Values radio button. In article <0CDE6301-FC9C-488C-9D9F-3AD26B46EFCE@microsoft.com>, "Fishfan" <Fishfan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I convert column of numbers (n=3000) to log 10 column of numbers? ...

Custom Reports Using MS Access?
Ran across a thread where Glen Adams suggested using MS Access to create custom reports instead of Crystal Reports. But Glenn never said where to point Access to obtain the needed information to create the reports. Glenn, if you are watching can you give us some more info on how to use Access to create a report? I'm not Glen... I think you would use ODBC... to connect to the RMS database. Then use Access to connect via ODBC... Marc Wagner www.gmroii.net "Dan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0df801c46ea7$d79b00b0$a601280a@phx.gbl... &g...

Error while import BCM Database into CRM 3.0
I am trying to import BCM Database into CRM 3.0 When I run " Data Migration for Microsoft Outlook Business Contact Manager" wizard I get an unexpected error. Can someone help ? thanks Here is the Log: 8/21/2007 5:15:38 PM------>Transitioning to next screen. From: Welcome screen. To: PreconditionCheck screen. 8/21/2007 5:15:38 PM------>Connecting to Microsoft CRM Shamir_Systems_MSCRM 8/21/2007 5:15:39 PM------>Checking that Microsoft CRM Data Migration Pack is installed: Success 8/21/2007 5:15:39 PM------>Establishing connection to CDF database: Success 8/21/2007 5:1...

Saving data in Access table with VB ?
I have a form with a button and if you click the button, a list of invoices are generated and saved in the table 'Invoice'. Problem is, the data isnt saved :( Here's my code: Private Sub Knop0_Click() Dim Invoicenr As Long Dim Invoicedate As Date stdocname = "Invoice" DoCmd.OpenTable stdocname, acViewNormal, acAd Invoicenr = 111111 Invoicedate = Now DoCmd.Save acTable, stdocname End Sub What am I doing wrong ? Answered in microsoft.public.access "Bauhaus" <niemandhier@pandora.be> wrote in message news:7Exii.2418$yf6.1885@biebel.telenet-ops.be...

CRM 1.2
I am going to move the CRM SQL databases to a new server. We will also be moving Great Plains off the CRM server and on to the new SQL server. We are bouncing around the idea of naming the new SQL server to the name that the current CRM server uses and renaming the current CRM server. The thinking here is that we won't have to touch the Great Plains clients. What kinds of issues can I expect in this scenario? I believe that CRM "might" make us of the SID in which case I would need to use SysPrep to create the new one? I wouldn't think that this is that unusal of a proje...

Custom Report 03-19-10
There is no way for me to run a report on Buydown Pricing, is there anyone who has a report for this option? If not, can someone write a custom report for it, and how much might something like this run me? I would like it to do something like buydown quantity greater/less/equal and same for buydown price... please contact me at nagarra @ yahoo . com or respond here with your contact info! -- Thank You Vince :) ...

WLM Stopped working 02-20-10
I'm running Vista Home Premium, SP2, 2 GB of RAM, Firefox, WLM, all WU's current. I was in WLM mail newsgroups earlier today and things just stopped. WLM stopped responding. Now I cannot log into WLM. It used to log into window Live by itself (password and all) from my desktop icon, but now the only thing that happens when I try to open my WLM app window is I'm taken to IE (7). Then when when I try to sign in Windows live it won't do it. I've already ran SAS, MBAM, CCleaner and Avira in Safe mode but found nothing. Then I did a system restore back to a fe...

Web access for Exchange 2003
What do I have to do in order to access my Exchange 2003 via the Web? thanks, Raul Rego rrego@njpies.org On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 14:39:53 -0500, "Raul Rego" <rrego@njpies.org> wrote: >What do I have to do in order to access my Exchange 2003 via the Web? > >thanks, > >Raul Rego >rrego@njpies.org > Check that you can access the server from within the network by going to http://server/exchange and then http://server.fqdn.com/exchange If that works then simply opening TCP80 on the firewall and implementing whatever NAT or port forwarding your specific network ...

Database using Access 2.0
Our church purchased Church Windows software. When we asked if we could import our members from our existing database Greentree CDMS they said we couldn't because CW is an Access 2.0 database and we don't have that software. What would be the benefit of still using Access 2.0 for software development? Thanks, Linda Hi Linda I doubt there are many new programs being written in Access 2. It was a great piece of software, and many databases were writing using it. I don't know Church Windows, but I am guessing that it was written back in the Access 2 days (around 1994), ...

Email server 02-13-10
The smtp outgoing email with VISTA cannot be authenicated. Vista is not an e-mail client. Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Charles" <Charles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62A2017F-A531-4E34-89CC-7FE3BD9849F0@microsoft.com... > The smtp outgoing email with VISTA cannot be authenicated. ...

Identities 06-28-10
I had wanted to set up a separate identify to get my work e-mail as Windows Mail, rather than the webmail from my ISP; didn't know until after completing the process that Windows Mail combined both personal and work e-mail into one account. If I "undo" it, popup says I'll lose all of my work e-mail. How can I save it and undo the dual identities? -- mikezot Undo what? Windows Mail doesn't have identities. (boilerplate reply) You can add multiple accounts, via Tools - Accounts - Add, but Windows Mail doesn't have identities or a password option.......

Center Access2007 Form in the middle of access Main Window
Thank You Is there any easy way to center access 2007 forms in the middle of the screen (Monitor) or access main window. and give me good result Hello, I think there is no built in feature to achieve this goal. You may need to create a new form and configure it as the main window. You could enumerate forms and create buttons etc to open forms from this main form. For example, you could use hte following code enumerate forms in your database: Dim db As Database Set db = CurrentDb Set cntContainer = db.Containers("Forms") For Each doc In cntContainer.Documents Str...

a program is trying to access e-mail addresses you Stored n Outlook
Hi - After installing Acrobat Standard 6.0, when I try to send an email message using Word or any other program, I get an Outlook message saying "a program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook". The only choices I get are to allow access for one instance or for a short period of time. What I want to do is to ALWAYS allow Word, PowerPoint, Excel and ACT to access my Outlook e-mail addresses. I went to the Office Service Pack 3 page, which said "To prevent the PDFMaker COM Addin from loading, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Offi...

Comparing records in 2 databases
I need to update an access database each day, with stock and price info, and then update it online. Is there a way to compare the before and after tables, and make a new table with only the changed records (only the changed fields!) plus the primary key? OR, does anyone know of a fairly inexpensive program that will do this? For Access 2k. Thanks! Tracking date record was created or updated, SQL Syntax --- It is a good idea to add these 2 fields to all your tables (except lookups). Let them be the last 2 fields. DateCreated, date, DefaultValue = Now() DateModified, date � set on...

Denial of report access
I would like to deny access to specific reports thoughout CRM for a group of users. I have already created Security Group-Domain Local at the Active Directory and assigned some users. Afterwards I opened SQL Server Reporting Services, selected the report I didn't the group to access and assigned the new group with a new role (only task:View folders). At the end I deleted all the other groups except BUILTIN\Administrators and tried to enter as the acess denied user. Unfortunatelly it didn't work. What else should I need to do? Thank you in advance! ...

User login failed on the customized VBA project after GP 10 upgrad
After GP 10 upgrade, I am getting the login failed error for all useers who tried on working on my customized Dynamics VBA project. Error # -2147217843: Login failed for user 'sa'. Procedure: frmDateEntry - cmdProcess_Click Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server Thanks for help. Kevin Kevin, You might need to re look at your connection in VBA -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Kevin Zhou" wrote: > After GP 10 upgrade, I am getting the login failed error for all useers who > tried on working on my customized Dynamic...

Customization 10-13-04
I want to add a field "Company" to my contact information. I have entered a new field called "Company" in the attributes of the schema "Contacts" and it is listed there as "CFSCompany" as a string. I then went to customization in crm settings and edited the "Contact" fields by removing "Middle Name" and adding "Company". I then save this new layout. However when I go to "New Contact" the "Company" field is not there and "Middle Name" is still there. What step am I missing to publish this...

Accessing all questions I have asked in the Office forums
Is there a way I can call up all questions and answers I have ever asked via my login to Microsoft Discussion groups? I sure appreciate your help, John In news:FB996750-8ACF-4806-BDF8-7E66057A0DBB@microsoft.com, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Is there a way I can call up all questions and answers I > have ever asked via my login to Microsoft Discussion groups? > > I sure appreciate your help, John Use Google; look up your own name; finesse from there if you get too many hits. HTH, Twayne` ...

How to have margin-left: 10%; margin-right: 10%; only sometimes??
My website is created so that the width is not fixed. I adapt to the width of the browser. If I have a page of text I do something like: <div style=" margin-left: 10%; margin-right: 10%;"> so the text is set off by margins. That's nice on my monitor's 1600 pixel wide screen. But on a laptop (or as a user option) I'd like to change that to no margins. Can you suggest a way of doing that without having two .css files? Thanks On May 16, 10:25=A0pm, " Cal Who" <CalWhoNOS...@roadrunner.com> wrote: > My website is c...

Outlook Web Access
I cannot open e-mails forwarded to me from several AOL users. OWA shows "The page cannot be displayed" message. I can open all other e-mails. Looking at the details of the message I find these content types: multipart/mixed, text/plain, message/rfc822, multipart/alternative, text/html, application/msword. text/html is the only one represented in the registry and is in Level2MIMETypes registry entry. Any help on what may be blocking these e- mails is greatly appreciated. ...