Access Data Collection using Email - specific record

I would like to use the above metioned feature to update the status of
projects stored in our DB.  However, I would like to constrain the email form
sent to one specific record rather than all the records of the table I am
creating the form from.
There are approximately 4200 records in the table.
I would like to send this email form for updated information on job status
for ONE job to a specific email address.
Is this possible?  Or must it send a form for every record as it appears to
be doing now?
thank you,
Michael
-1
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 09:09:00 -0800, Michael F <Michael
F@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I would like to use the above metioned feature to update the status of
>projects stored in our DB.  However, I would like to constrain the email form
>sent to one specific record rather than all the records of the table I am
>creating the form from.
>There are approximately 4200 records in the table.
>I would like to send this email form for updated information on job status
>for ONE job to a specific email address.
>Is this possible?  Or must it send a form for every record as it appears to
>be doing now?
>thank you,
>Michael

Try basing the send on a Query selecting one record, rather than on a Table.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
-1
John
12/6/2007 10:10:59 PM
Unfortunately, I have already tried that.  I built a select query to produce
the one record I am looking for and running the Access Data Collection email
from that query.  But for some reason the email received still shows all
records in the table even though it was generated from the query.
I have tested the query and it does filter just the one record.

thanks,
:)Michael

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 09:09:00 -0800, Michael F <Michael
> F@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I would like to use the above metioned feature to update the status of
> >projects stored in our DB.  However, I would like to constrain the email form
> >sent to one specific record rather than all the records of the table I am
> >creating the form from.
> >There are approximately 4200 records in the table.
> >I would like to send this email form for updated information on job status
> >for ONE job to a specific email address.
> >Is this possible?  Or must it send a form for every record as it appears to
> >be doing now?
> >thank you,
> >Michael
>
> Try basing the send on a Query selecting one record, rather than on a Table.
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

On Fri, 7 Dec 2007 04:20:01 -0800, Michael F
<MichaelF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Unfortunately, I have already tried that.  I built a select query to produce
>the one record I am looking for and running the Access Data Collection email
>from that query.  But for some reason the email received still shows all
>records in the table even though it was generated from the query.
>I have tested the query and it does filter just the one record.

Sorry, I don't have 2007 installed and have no experience with the new email
data collection feature. I'd suggest you repost with 2007 in the subject line
- maybe someone else can help!

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John