Access application will not work on XP

I have a simple access applicataion that was built with Access 2000 on a
Windows 2000 computer.  I  have buttons that link open up certain folders
when pressed.

When I put this application on a Windows XP computer with Access 2000, the
links do not work.

Any ideas why?

Thanks,
Jasper

0
Jaz
6/14/2007 5:31:54 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

It just does nothing!

Jasper

"Maurice" <Maurice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Jasper,
>
> do you get any messages when trying to open them or is it just not doing
> anything?
>

> --
> Maurice Ausum
>

> "Jaz" wrote:
>
> > I have a simple access applicataion that was built with Access 2000 on a
> > Windows 2000 computer.  I  have buttons that link open up certain
folders
> > when pressed.
> >
> > When I put this application on a Windows XP computer with Access 2000,
the
> > links do not work.
> >
> > Any ideas why?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jasper

0
Jaz
6/14/2007 8:46:16 PM
Do the folders have the *exact* same path on both machines?

In other words, is it a Win2000 vs WinXp issue (which doesn't seem very
likely), or the fact that the links are hardcoded, or otherwise invalid, on
different machines.

HTH,

"Jaz" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I have a simple access applicataion that was built with Access 2000 on a
> Windows 2000 computer.  I  have buttons that link open up certain folders
> when pressed.
>
> When I put this application on a Windows XP computer with Access 2000, the
> links do not work.
>
> Any ideas why?
>
> Thanks,
> Jasper

0
George

Server Error in '/' Application. 08-10-06
Dear all, Out of a sudden, I'm unable to login to a production server using the default account used for installation. Any help would be appreciated! Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.N...

can't fix Money stopped working problem
I was able to access and use it completely a couple of days ago and I suddenly started getting messages that it wasn't working. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the CD, but still can't get past the log in page. I tried logging in and skipping the internet access, but still no success. There are no recent changes to my computer that I see. found a "fix" on the support site for money plus when it suddenly stops working. I can't update the program now because I can't get in. When I tried to change the DEP settings to except the files listed in the ...

Pausing an application waiting for a thread to finish...
I've got this simple console application that came with a phone dialer and a DLL. The basic part of the code is below. I left out some of the initial parts and also the event handlers that occur when certain events happen while it's dialing(ie. OnCallConnected, OnDTMF_KeyDown (someone hits a key on the phone)). What I would like to do is call the dialer (w2cDrv.Device.[Call]) and wait for the call to complete and then possibly re-dial on certain occasions (ie some variable is True). The problem is, I don't know how to wait for the dialing to finish. The code below uses cki ...

Set default application to open some kind of file
Hi group, How can i set the system to open all .doc files with word?: Thanks, Rodolfo Fontes Get Info (Command-I) on a .doc file. Set the default to open with Microsoft Word. Now all .doc files should open into Word when double-clicked. -Mark "Rodolfo Fontes" <rodolfofontes@yahoo.com.br> wrote in message news:OxsCGSdcFHA.2696@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi group, > > How can i set the system to open all .doc files with word?: > > Thanks, > Rodolfo Fontes > ...

theme for application
I have a WTL application which I would like to use a specific (customized) theme, while other applications continue to use default system theme. Of course the above happens on windows XP. Any ideas? Thanks, Igor ...

insert picture does not work
when i try to use insert picture in publisher and word, the programme crashes james buchanan johnston <james buchanan johnston@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > when i try to use insert picture in publisher and word, the programme > crashes Has this problem only started to occur recently? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Yes, just this past week. I was almost finished with my project and the next day couldn't insert the final picture. "Ed Bennett" wrote: > james buchanan johnston <james buchanan > johnston@disc...

ADDITIONAL INFO RE: Data execution prevention
Since my last post, I have some additional info that might help someone get an insight as to what the problem may actually be. First, I went to start/run and put in "sfc /scannow", and let it run fully. Everything copacetic there. The I checked Admin. tools for the read-out. Under the "Error" heading was this info: Faulting Application rundll32.exe version 5.1.2600.5512, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0. fault address0x00000000 Clicking on the "Online Help" link brought up a blank page - no help. Hoping some terrifically insightful MV...

Right Click "Save Target As" Doesn't Work In Outlook
When I try to download a file that's part of the body of text in my email... it doesn't allow me to do anything. When I right Click over the link "Save Target As" never appears. All I see is "Select" "View Source" "Edit Message". Any suggestions on changes I can make to correct this? Thanks Jay ...

Message: Money Not properly installed, recs not working, help!
Just got this message yesterday when I opened MOney 2004 STandard version (never happened before) "money is not properly installed. plese set up again" I uninstalled and reinstalled money but still getting same error messages I tried the options of opening a existing Money file, will not open my existing data file I tried create a new file but it give me error message that it can't save I tried repairing "my money" file but ti will not let me repair, it gave me this message about possibly being a read only file it will not let me restore any back up file Help! I...

Access down grade?
Hi, all I have a user access 2k database with few form(access interface to execute access macroes. I need to down grade the forms to access 97. so I can use access 97 instead of access 2k. Tables and queries and macroes, I don't have problem to down grade but forms. ANy ideas? Thanks, Tools>DatabaseUtilities>Convert Database> To prior version Regards Peter Russell new previously wrote: > Hi, all > > I have a user access 2k database with few form(access interface to > execute > access macroes. > > I need to down grade the forms to access 97. so ...

Publisher Web Site Causes Explorer to Crash, Firefox works OK
I used Excel to graph some measurement data. I then copied and pasted to Publisher 2003. Added some text boxes. Used preview and all was well. FTP'd to my site and all was well. Until I tried IE v6.0. The index.htm page has three graphs. IE would only display the second, then crash and shutdown. Firefox works fine. I've tried this from several computers with the same results. I've worked on this for eight hours and gotten no where. I notice that there are tons of files that I didn't expect that get generated by Publisher when converting to HTML. Is there an...

Need help
My company ask me to look for a freelance person who can translate CAD Files to VISIO file...please respond Go to controldrawings.com. I will try to assit you. "Jayne_from_Santa_Monica" wrote: > My company ask me to look for a freelance person who can translate CAD > Files to VISIO file...please respond > > ...

CRM Email not working
Hi group, I installed SFO on all my XP pro clients. They can email out of their Outlook 2003, however when they use the CRM Email and they hit send they get, "An error ocurred. Please contact your administrator." from a MS CRM message box. Everything else works fine task, appointments, calendar, contacts. What's going on with the CRM Email button? NEED HELP!!! TIA Hi Tia, - could you send mails from the webclient internal and external from crm? - Have you installed the MSCRM Exchange Mail Router? - Have you changed the port from MSCRM or Exchange, from 80 to any othe...

Works 9 Word Processor Opening Older files
Hi I have Vista Home Premium and Works 9 Suite I am unable to open older Word documents in Works 9, I believe they are Word 2003 files. Message says 'there is not enough memory to open file' This is a new pc and has more than enough memory to open an 88kb document so it must be a conversion problem but what and how I resolve it is a mystery to me. I have tried opening in Wordpad and Notepad and although I can see some words that are in the document it is not readable. Any suggestions please? Did you install the Word component of Works Suite or ...

Cannot access Hotmail
When I use IE8, IE6, Forefox or Safari I cnnot connect to Hotmail. The page title is Sign in, but the screen is white. The onlyway I can get this to work is put IE8 into compatibility view. Any ideas? HOW TO Optimize IE for Windows Live Hotmail (Revised 08 March 2010) http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=3c7c3338-369e-4220-b29d-71ce660fe5a0 Solutions for Common Hotmail Problems http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions.aspx?productid=1 Hotmail Community Forums <=post all Hotmail-specific questions here! http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=1 ...

Print Access report along with an outside checklist
Good afternoon Is it possible to print a report that's in Access and then right after print an Excel checklist? Background: I work for a large construction company that does regular maintenance on their equipment. Right now we print a parts ticket of the parts required for the particular service they are doing & then we print a copy of the manufacturer's check list of what should be done (which is an excel document). They would like to automate this procedure so that when you print the parts ticket it will automatically print the required manufacturer's ...

Windows XP SP3 and GP 10
We purchased 3 new computers that came with WXP SP3. I installed GP 10 SP3 and all was fine until I attempted to print purchase orders. I would go to Transactions->Purchase->Print Purchase Order Documents. I attempted to print 5 PO's and then after clicking print, the computer just sits there for about 2 minutes and then it finally printed. I then went to a WXP SP2 computer and attempted to print the same 5 PO's. They printed instantly. After trying everything under the sun, I went into the ODBC Adminstrator and changed the DSN to use SQL Server Client instead of SQ...

Access: Please wait while Setup prepares the neccessary files
Hi. I created a form in MS Access 2007 Enterprise Edition. I added a chart to it with a query as a record source. Everytime when I open the form, the wizard starts, saying "Please wait while Setup prepares the neccessary files" and soon the message "Configuring Microsoft Access Enterprise..." follows. It is annoying to see this everytime I try to use the form. Is there any particular reason for such a behaviour of the Access? Regards, Vedran. Hi Vedran, I suspect that some registry setting is not being written if you open the database as a normal user. By chance are y...

Is there an add-in that will lock the cells like later versions of Excel?
I'm using 97 and for 99.9% of everything I do I works fine except I can't lock cell format so there can only be data entry. I would be nice if I could do that. Marc Hi Marc, Can you be more specific about what you want and don't want. "Marc" <mcnr(N_O-S_P_A_M)@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:QThPf.1161$sL2.501@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net... > I'm using 97 and for 99.9% of everything I do I works fine except I can't > lock cell format so there can only be data entry. I would be nice if I > could do that. > > Marc > > ...

Accessing an OST file
I have a user that is looking for a long lost email that she "hopes" she saved. Of course, she has many, many PST files. The email is not in any of those. There are 3 OST files in the default Outlook folder on her computer. Is there a way to open and search those files? I've done some research and have read that if the OST is orphaned, then you need to buy software that will let you convert the OST to a PST. That doesn't seem to be the case here, it is in her windows folder. Thanks "JohnB" <jbrigan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:...

CTabCtrl with XP styles
i'm having trouble getting a tab control to appear properly when using an XML manifest to get XP styles in my application. i have the tab control at the bottom of several list controls, so i was using the style TCS_BOTTOM to invert the control. this still draws properly (upside down) in NT, but in XP, it draws right side up (what the normal control looks like without TCS_BOTTOM). any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Doug Deram "Douglas M. Deram" <dougderam@yeahright.com> wrote in message news:eF%23AEEYsEHA.2804@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > i'm having tr...

New Users can't Access Mailbox
An NT4 BDC with Exchange 5.5 running with W2k3 AD (as PDC emulator) in a single domain. The original NT4 PDC was upgraded in place. Note: old users are those created before the in-place (NT4 to W2k3) upgrade and new users are those created after the upgrade. Why can't new users access their Exch5.5 mailbox while all old users have no problem accessing it? New users can only logon to the domain and that's it. What am I missing? I'm completely lost. Have you specified Primary NT account for mailbox correctly? Compare account properties between old and new, there should be some ...

Word Application Error
I get error message "The instruction at "0x30a9248e" referenced memory at "0x00000471". The memory could not be "read"." I am trying to edit a document which contains screen prints and link. It's about 14 meg, but only 22 pages. Am I exceeding a size limit? I need to reboot system each time I get the message. Any help???? ...

Protect Work in Publisher
Hi, I whants to know how to protect a work in publisher 2000 I do not see how to protect. thank you A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from George <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I whants to know how to protect a work in publisher 2000 > I do not see how to protect. How do you mean "Protect a work"? Do you mean prevent others from editing it when you send it to them? Create a password-protected PDF file using Adobe Acrobat. Or prevent others from opening the file without a password? Create a password-protected ZIP file...

access to excel form analysis access 2007
Hello In access 2003 i coould analyse forms in excel but in 2007 the is no function can this still be done! ...