Access application on clients without Access

Hi.
I have an application made in Access 2003. Now one of my clients are
migrating from Office 2003 to Office 2007, and they can not afford to buy
Office versions with Access included to all the users.

I know it's possible to publish "thin" Access application files, but I'm not
sure how I do it.

From Access 2003, I need to publish "thin" Access application files that
will work on clients running Office 2007.

Ant hints or links to resources appreciated.

Kind regards
Mr. Smith

0
Mr
9/6/2007 8:31:40 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Try this one from Microsoft:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=D9AE78D9-9DC6-4B38-9FA6-2C745A175AED&displaylang=en

"Mr. Smith" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi.
> I have an application made in Access 2003. Now one of my clients are
> migrating from Office 2003 to Office 2007, and they can not afford to buy
> Office versions with Access included to all the users.
>
> I know it's possible to publish "thin" Access application files, but I'm
> not sure how I do it.
>
> From Access 2003, I need to publish "thin" Access application files that
> will work on clients running Office 2007.
>
> Ant hints or links to resources appreciated.
>
> Kind regards
> Mr. Smith

0
Allen

Updating 20k+ rows from Excel to access. vbscript? VBA? SQL?
Any suggestions? Some of these rows only need a few columns updated, and others need all of them updated. If possible if say row 800 column 'S' is filled in the access DB but is blank on the excel spreadsheet, if possible i like to keep the existing data in access and over right it with a blank cell. The spreadsheet is a export of the access DB, changes were made/merged from other spreadsheets so the Unique ID is the same and in column A. A script suggestions to complete this? Thanks :) dim dbe dim db dim ssql set dbe = createobj("dao.dbengine.36") set db = dbe.openda...

Prevent User to grant mailbox access permission
Hi, there, By default, in Outlook user can grant other user access permission to his/her mailbox folder. But, our company doesn't want this. Is there anyway to prevent user to grant access permission to his/her own mailbox and sub- folders? Any input is much appreciated. David ...

CRM Outlook Client Addin Problem
We have our users installed with the CRM Outlook client. They are running Outlook XP with 256MB ram. In general, they were normally. However, when our users select multiple mail in the Outlook, the client hang up for minutes. Does anybody know the cause and solutions? Hi Gordon, there are several possible causes: 1. Which CRM client are you trying to use: Microsoft CRM Desktop Client for Office Outlook, or Microsoft CRM Laptop Client for Office Outlook? 2. What operating system are the PCs running: Windows 2000 SP2 or Windows XP SP1 or Windows XP SP2? 3. Which service pack of Micro...

MS Access to MS excel
When I'm Access�. After a report has been generated (in Word format) I usually merge i with MS Excel and then email it off to our clients. However the forma of some of the fields change when this merge takes place. The date column will be in a date format in Access but when merged wit Excel the date format changes to a text format (what this means is tha the properties of the date column changes when the merge takes place) This change affects how our clients ingest the data I send them Yo can see this by going into one of the date cells in Excel and checkin the properties. I am u...

Outlook 2007 send group emails without disclosure of recipient details
i got an email, i cannot see the recipient details. when look into the email header, it seems come from X-Mailer: Microsoft Office Outlook, Build 11.0.5510 Can i do it at Outlook 2007? Thanks a lot. Tony Sure, you can do it in any email clients if you put the senders in the BCC field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://ww...

where databases are to be stored in Access
i don't know where databases are to be stored in access, im excited about the search on access in order to be a professional user like others. cheers Microsoft Access uses a single file, with the ".mdb" extension, to store everything. -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ "darkus" <darkus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0933B08B-2051-4C0F-B0E7-D644C7E7B606@microsoft.com... > i don't know where ...

I'm wondering if this would be the proper application of XML, XSD and a datagrid
Hi I'm James Newbie I'm going to use some xml from a previous posters because it's similiar to mine <Store> <Name> My Book Store</Name> <Phone> 555-555-5555 </Phone> <Book id="1" > <Title>Thermodynamics Unleashed</Title> <Price>56.00</Price> </Book> <Book id="2" > <Title>CAD CAM</Title> <Price>72.00</Price> </Book> <Book id="3" > <Title>Machine Design</Title> <Price>56.00</Price> </Book> </Store> I was thin...

SOAP Server Application Faulted error 01-19-04
Hi, I get following error when creating a user in MS CRM 1.2 english: "SOAP Server Application Faulted error" with the Error Code 80005000 The CRM installation works fine. I used a Domain Admin Account for the MS CRM services. I assigned a license to the Admin user. When I try to add users from the AD using the User Manager in the Deployment Manager, I receive this error. It is also not possible to add users using the CRM interface. Can anybody help? Hi Ralf, can you give us the details of the SOAPException? This will likely tell you what's wrong. Mike "Ralf M"...

run ShellExecute but from a console application
I Need to run ShellExecute but from a console application. Problem is that it expects to a window handle in the first parameter (other function like "system" is not appropriate). Can someone advise please? Thanks in advance Sam NULL handle is allowed. "Sam" <sam@rentai.com> wrote in message news:uFHRnQMeFHA.2180@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I Need to run ShellExecute but from a console application. Problem is that > it expects to a window handle in the first parameter (other function like > "system" is not appropriate). > > Can someone adv...

Outlook client bandwidth to remote exch5.5 server
We are using exchange 5.5 and are going to get some clinets access the server through our WAN links. They are going to use outllook 2000 and are going to access the exchange server like if it was local. We have a huge bandwidth pipe to our exchange server but I just want to how much bandwidth would for example 60 clients take if they were accessing exchange 5.5 through the WAN link at the same time. Or for example how much bandwidth would one outllook client take. If you need to know more parameters please let me know. On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:43:54 +0100, "gurvinder.nijjar" <...

Newb question: How did my Form_.... Access Class Objects get crea
I have an access database that originally was created in office 2003 access. I am not in 2007 Access. When I go into the IDE, I can see, under Microsoft Office Access Class Objects, a set of what appears to be modules named: - Form_form abc - Form_form xyz etc Each of these corresponds to an actual form I have created, and includes subroutines like Private Sub RefreshAssetTable() ImportExcel End Sub Private Sub Command4_Click() ImportExcelAssets End Sub by default. Now, my question: How did this class "modules" (and I know that is the wrong term) get created? I &...

What can stop a PC from displaying Access 2000/2003 text & background colours?
Can anyone suggest a reason why a specific Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop should be unable to display any of the text or background colours on an utterly basic test form with only a couple of text boxes and no VBA code on an otherwise empty test database? The problem also happens with an application of mine using Access 2003 runtime - but only on this PC. It runs fine on several other PCs. I have applied every available Windows XP Home update and every available Office 2000 update to no effect. The laptop (set to 32-bit colour) can display digital colour photographs without any problem and ...

Outlook client and a kerberos problem
I install the outlook client and it did not show me any problem but when I open outlook and try to open CRM tap, it shows me an error messages (with no revelevant information - an error ocurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality). At the application log I can see several errors - from two different origins: Origin : MSCRMAddressBook Origin : MSCRMAddIn And at the system log, I see the following error. The kerberos client received a KRB_AP_ERR_MODIFIED error from the server host/crmserver."our domain". This indicates that the password used to encrypt the kerberos service t...

Can I remove blanks from a range without using sort?
I have a range of cells A1:a10, say, which obtain data from another source. Some of those cells a3, a6:a8, say, under certain conditions, will be blank. How do I reorder this range such that the cells containing information are listed together, removing the blanks? I want to do this using a formula, rather than filter or sort, as the data, and hence the blank cells, will change, and I want to perform analysis on the cells containing data. this is from one of the newsgroup correspondents use this code statement Range("a1:a10").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireRow.Del...

Dead Slow Client PC
Hi Client using MS GP8.0 All the client PC are running fast except only one PC is very very very slow even if we login as sa also. All the other applications are working fast. The client PC having enough working memory, hard disk space and all the temp files all are deleted and from GP also user preference entries also removed.. We checked the IP settings all are defined as per the fast running PC. We uninstalled and reinstalled also no use. Only GP is running slow. How to solve this Regards Nizham Hi Nizham, I have experienced similar problems with clients' machines and have just c...

Unableto access "greater than or equal to" Where is it?
Hi. I'm trying to find on Excel, the thing that allows me to write a function, so that all the numbers written in a specific area/column (greater than some number but less than another) come out highlighted. Could you please email back regarding how to access this "greater than or equal to" function? Thank you very much. greater than or equal to.......>= less than or equal to............<= -- paul remove nospam for email addy! "ddewdrops522" wrote: > Hi. I'm trying to find on Excel, the thing that allows me to write a > function, so that...

Please explain the steps to use the Dlookup function in Access?
explain me the steps to use the dlookup function like how we use in EXCEL See: Getting a value from a table: DLookup() at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-07.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Balu" <Balu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00601393-C86C-47BD-9103-52D0FAA292C9@microsoft.com... > explain me the steps to use the dlookup function like how we use in EXCEL ...

SendInput to a window belonging to another application thread
I'm trying to develop a simple application that can send input to a window belonging to another application thread, such as the microsoft on screen keyboard. The matter is that I don't understand how to know what was the last active window to which send the input from my dialog application. Looking on internet I've found a simple application called "Typematic" but it hide the application dialog before use the SendInput() api, it works well but I wish to obtain the same effect without hide the application dialog as the on screen keyboard does. How I could do it? Ho...

Access 2000... how to import a word document?
I am told Access will allow inport of a Word document by converting the document to Rich Text w/delimiter, then into Access. Does that not work with Access 2000? It depends what you mean by "import a Word document". If you have data in a table in a Word document, convert the table to text, paste the text into a new file, and save it as plain (not rich) text; then import the text file into Access. Alternatively, paste the table into Excel, save in Excel or CSV format, and import the resulting file into Access. Which of these works best depends on just what's in the data. ...

Need access advise regarind linked versus imported tables
I have designed an application that uses a linked csv file as the main table. The reason for this is because another user creates this file and jsut puts it into a designated folder on their computer. Here is the issue. The csv file contains approximately 20K records. I cannot create any type of index on a linked file. Am I better off importing the file into access (or reading the linked table and inserting them into another table with an index)? Is there an easy way to perform something like this? Will this increase performance? I am pretty new to access and am looking for any and all...

How to access a category name and code from vbscript
I am modifying the lineitem.html for the status bar in Store operation. I want to ask how can i access the category name and code for each item, i only can find a categoryid function, which is in the TransactionEntry.Item.CategoryID, but can not access the name and code for the category Raemond, You will need to retrieve the name and code via SQL using the ID: resultSet=QSRules.OpenRecordset("SELECT Name, Code FROM Category WHERE ID=" & TransactionEntry.Item.CategoryID, true) - Evan Culver New West Technologies Raemond wrote: > I am modifying the lineitem.html for t...

access 2000 workgroup security question
I haven't used workgroup security for many years and forgot how it all works but have a situation now where I have an access 2000 database that uses workgroup security and possibly other security and I'm trying to figure out how to get it so I can design forms or export the forms out of the database into an unsecured database. I purchased one of those $30 workgroup password crackers and ran it, here's the results: Lets assume the database is called XXX.MDB and the workgroup is called WWW.MDW For the workgroup we have: "wuser" and "wpassword"...

OWA Access Is Denied for Win2k Users on internet
Dear kind MVPs, Sorry for cross posting and the length.. but i am desperate for the solution. Heres the setup. one Win2k Server (DC) , One Win2k3 Server (DC+Exchange2k3), One server with Reverse-Proxy configured to direct all HTTP requests to the Exchange Server (working OK ). Assume my exchange server name is MyServer and Proxy Server is MyProxyServer and domain is MyDomain - names assumed for clarity otherwise valid IPs are used. I am able to login using http://MyServer/exchange interanlly ( XP + Win2k ) http://MyProxyServer/exchange from XP clients from internet but not from http://My...

MS Access. Can't open file via network
I have the database on one computer and trying to open it via network from another computer so I can simulateously work on it. And yes I do have the option-default mode-shared selected. When I click on the database nothing happens not even an error message. However, when I open the database iniitially from the remote computer it opens fine. Any words of wisdom out there? Thanks ahead of time. Dean :) Dean wrote: > I have the database on one computer and trying to open > it via network from another computer so I can simulateously > work on it. And yes I do have the option-default...

A program is trying to access your Address Book...
We started getting the above message after we isntall Office XP/2002 service pack 3. Does anyone know of a Registry hack that I can setup to either prevent this message always or prevent it for a particular .DLL? For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Soluti...