Access and Daye Formats

Is there any way to make Access overrife the computer regional settings for
date formats.  I am having problems with mdbs using Canadian date formats
DD/MM/YYYY when installed on systems that have US date formats in regional
settings MM/DD/YYYY.  A lot of Canadians it seems simply leave the US
defaults on preinstalled Windows and it causes dates to be screwed up.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you.

Ray
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Ray, take a look at:
    International Date Formats in Access
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-36.html
It discusses the 3 cases where Access is likely to misunderstand our d/m/y
date settings.

IMHO, an Access developer has no right modifying the user's formats,
particularly formats that apply to other software as well.

"Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to make Access overrife the computer regional settings
> for
> date formats.  I am having problems with mdbs using Canadian date formats
> DD/MM/YYYY when installed on systems that have US date formats in regional
> settings MM/DD/YYYY.  A lot of Canadians it seems simply leave the US
> defaults on preinstalled Windows and it causes dates to be screwed up.
>
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Ray

0
Allen
7/23/2007 1:29:38 AM
Format(DateVariable, "formatstring")

HTH
--
-Larry-
--

"Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there any way to make Access overrife the computer regional
settings for
> date formats.  I am having problems with mdbs using Canadian date
formats
> DD/MM/YYYY when installed on systems that have US date formats in
regional
> settings MM/DD/YYYY.  A lot of Canadians it seems simply leave the
US
> defaults on preinstalled Windows and it causes dates to be screwed
up.

> Any help appreciated.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Ray

0
Larry

Format Date in Report
I have a report (Certificate) which I would like the date to convert from say 2.2.10 to 2nd February 2010. The Field on the Report is [Date of Request] Could someone kindly reply with the correct syntax to include the formatting in this text Box? Also, if say the date is 3.2.10. can this be converted to 3rd February 2010, ie can you tell Access to record 2nd, 3rd etc? Many thanks for any help Access doesn't have the ability to put the ordinal suffixes onto numbers. You'll have to write your own function to do that, something like: Function FormatOrdinalDate(InputV...

Show a date 30 days out
I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. Sold Date feild would be 1 Jan 07 so the feild would show 30 Days later 31 Jan 07. I did =[Sold date]+30 and it did not work Thanks how about dateadd: dateadd("d", 30, [Sold Date]) -- steve. "KAnoe" <KAnoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DE9BDDAE-5C84-4A52-8185-DAB6C3167E7A@microsoft.com... >I have a feild that I would like to show what the date would be in 30 days > for a feild with a date in it [Sold Date]. > ...

Date Formatting when Concantenating

how to format a column to corespond with another
I want to make column "E" read "N/A" when column "B" reads "0". How do i do it? Put this in E1: =3DIF(B1=3D0,"N/A","") and copy down. Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 3, 9:09=A0pm, JeremyC. <Jere...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to make column "E" read "N/A" when column "B" reads "0". How do i = do it? =REPT("N/A",B1=0) "JeremyC." wrote: > I want to make column "E" read "N/A" when column "B" rea...

Report Format

comdlg32.ocx and Access 2007
I have several Access databases that were originally written using an Access version prior to Access 2007. I am in the process of converting the databases and installing them on new machines running Win7 and Access 2007. Over the years, one of the References I commonly used was comdlg32.ocx. It does not appear that either Win7 or Access 2007 installs that particular Active X file. I can copy it from an older machine, but that seems like a strange solution. Is comdlg32.ocx a "legacy" Active X file and has it been replaced with a newer (and differently named) Activ...

Help with conditional formatting with 2000
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to group data together into increments of 10% of th numbers and then chart them based on these groups. For example, I hav 300 data points that vary from 20 to 500 in value. I want them t appear in a chart based on the number of values that fall in the lowes 10% of numbers (ie. 20-40) then the next 10% (ie. 40-60) etc. up to th top 10% of numbers, but I do not want to manually determine what thes ranges are. I want to see a distribution of how many numbers fal within each 10% of values. I am not sure if this makes sense, please let me know...

Inserting Excel into Access Reports

Simple Access counting queries

Expression Too Complex in Access 2000
Hi, Consider the following query: SELECT crTbl.acct_1, crTbl.amount, crTbl.date FROM crTbl WHERE (((crTbl.acct_1)="Supplies") AND ((crTbl.date) Between [Forms]![crReportOptionsFrm]![startDate] And [Forms]![crReportOptionsFrm]![endDate])); The query works fine on my own computer in Access 2002. When converted to Access 2000 and used on an other computer, I get the following error: "This expression is typed incorrectly or is too complex to be evaluated. Try simplifying the expression by assigning parts of the expression to variables." The problem is with the "Between...

groups detail section totals access 2003
Hi all, I know this can be done, but haven't figured out how yet. I have what basically is a summary report that my sql comes up with for the detail rows. I want to total these rows in the report and display immediately below the detail section. I don't really want to group anything, but want to treat the whole detail section as a group. That being said, how can I get a "group footer" on the designer so I can add my total columns. If I use "sorting and grouping", it starts grouping things and that is not what I want. I don't want to use the "page foo...

Conferting File format
One of my users stored 250 photos on CD in a pdf format. The person that will work with them wants them in a raw format. Is there any way to convert the entire disk at one time to a raw format, rather than opening each file and saving in the new format? Thank you. vsp deborah <vspdeborah@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > One of my users stored 250 photos on CD in a pdf format. The person > that will work with them wants them in a raw format. Is there any way > to convert the entire disk at one time to a raw format, rather than > opening each f...

date/time formatting

format cell #4

Too many different cell formats #6

unicode format files for Outlook 2002
I use Outlook 2002. I would like to use Unicode files (for larger size). I see references to using it with Outlook 2003, but none for 2002. can unicode files be used with Outlook 2002? If so, how? thanks, Huck No OL 2003 & 2007 only "Huck Rorick" <huckrorick@groundwork.org> wrote in message news:epYUYAl4IHA.2348@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I use Outlook 2002. I would like to use Unicode files (for larger size). >I see references to using it with Outlook 2003, but none for 2002. can >unicode files be used with Outlook 2002? If so, how? > > than...

1 Chart

Remote access to another company's Outlook calendar?
Hello! I have one client on Exchange 2003 that wants to access the calendar of an employee (consultant?) at another company running Exchange (version not known yet). How can the remote company share this person's calendar with my client? He would need to access it and add appointments to it. Thank you for the help! Gregg Hill On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 22:15:24 -0700, "Gregg Hill" <bogus@nowhere.com> wrote: >Hello! > >I have one client on Exchange 2003 that wants to access the calendar of an >employee (consultant?) at another company running Exchange (version no...

time formats #3
I have an Excel sheet with a long list of times spent on various projects. The times should all be in minutes and seconds. The first time reads 2:29 and I know that is accurate, for 2 min, 29 seconds. In the formula bar, it reads, 2:29:00 AM. Another...the cell displays 0:40 and I know that is right, for 40 seconds. But in the formula bar, I see 12:40:00 AM I want numbers, but apparently I am looking at times. I tried changing the format. When I check the format for 2:29, it comes up Custom and says it is hh:mm, not mm:ss. I tried changing it to mm:ss, but that changes the displa...

Conditional Formatting on cells beginning with a hyphen
Is it possible to do conditional formatting on cells beginning with a hyphen? Thanks, Greg 1. Place the cursor in A1 cell and select the Range 2. From menu Format>Conditional Formatting> 3. For Condition1>Select 'Formula Is' and paste the below formula =LEFT(A1,1)="-" 4. Click Format Button>Font>Color select your desired font & Background Color pattern and then give ok Change the cell reference of A1 to your desired cell, if required. But keep in mind that when applying the conditional formatting the Active cell should be in the ce...