Access ADP and SQL Server 2005 Express

Hi all,I have a DB sitting on SQL S 2005 Express and can create a new Accessproject adp to connect to that db but I can not create any otherobjects such as tables, views, procedures or database diagrams on theaccess project which is connected to the db on SQL server 2005Express. I have tried with sever new dbs and projects but get the sameerror message which is below here:***********This version of MS Office Access doesn't support design changes withthe version of MS SQL Serveryour access project is connected to. See MS Office Update Website forthe latest information anddownloads (on the Help menu, click Office on the Web). YOur designchanges will not be saved.You have connected to a version of SQL server later than SQL Server2000. This version of Visual Studioor Access that you are using was released before teh version of SQLServer to which you are connected.For this reason you might encounter problems.Please check with MS to see if there is a service pack that you shouldapply to Visual Studio or Officein order to get support for the version of SQL Server to which you areconnected.You can continue but any new object types might not be enumerated, andit will not be possible tosave any objects or database diagrams thatyou create using the VisualDatabase Tools.****************It is detailed enough but I just can not figure out the fixes. I havesearch the MS and MSDN and TechNet web but my attempts to get someinfo on that is not very successful.Thanks for any help.
0
niuginikiwi
3/22/2007 11:09:02 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

It is expected and understandable that you cannot "figure out the fixex": the fix is MS Access 2007. Although Access2007 still supports ADP, it could be the last version of Access that support ADP. ADP is on its way out. That is why MS does not bother fix Access2003 or older to support full functional ADP with SQL Server2005."niuginikiwi" <niuginikiwi@yahoo.co.nz> wrote in message news:1174604942.336784.120140@p15g2000hsd.googlegroups.com...> Hi all,> I have a DB sitting on SQL S 2005 Express and can create a new Access> project adp to connect to that db but I can not create any other> objects such as tables, views, procedures or database diagrams on the> access project which is connected to the db on SQL server 2005> Express. I have tried with sever new dbs and projects but get the same> error message which is below here:> ***********> This version of MS Office Access doesn't support design changes with> the version of MS SQL Server> your access project is connected to. See MS Office Update Website for> the latest information and> downloads (on the Help menu, click Office on the Web). YOur design> changes will not be saved.>> You have connected to a version of SQL server later than SQL Server> 2000. This version of Visual Studio> or Access that you are using was released before teh version of SQL> Server to which you are connected.> For this reason you might encounter problems.>> Please check with MS to see if there is a service pack that you should> apply to Visual Studio or Office> in order to get support for the version of SQL Server to which you are> connected.>> You can continue but any new object types might not be enumerated, and> it will not be possible to> save any objects or database diagrams thatyou create using the Visual> Database Tools.> ****************>> It is detailed enough but I just can not figure out the fixes. I have> search the MS and MSDN and TechNet web but my attempts to get some> info on that is not very successful.> Thanks for any help.>
0
Norman
3/23/2007 12:06:09 AM
Thanks Norman,Your point validates the article that I have been pointed to in theMSDN Newsgroup (kb article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917418)If ADP is on its way out then what other frond end application toolsthat I can use. I have the express edition of Visual Studio but I amonly a new but as I have a better understanding of the more graphicaltype of developent that is offered in access.What would you recommend me on this.Thanks again.
0
niuginikiwi
3/23/2007 12:24:25 AM
"niuginikiwi" <niuginikiwi@yahoo.co.nz> wrote> Your point validates the article that I have been pointed to in the> MSDN Newsgroup (kb article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917418)> If ADP is on its way out then what other frond end application tools> that I can use. I have the express edition of Visual Studio but I am> only a new but as I have a better understanding of the more graphical> type of developent that is offered in access.> What would you recommend me on this.You can use an Access 2007 client application to SQL Server 2005 Express, via ODBC (which is included with Windows or Access).  If Access has filled your needs before, why would you want to invest the (quite considerable) time and effort to learn Visual Studio, then the (quite considerable) time and effort to create a solution with Visual Studio to interact with the Access database? Larry Linson Microsoft Access MVP
0
Larry
3/23/2007 6:34:54 AM
Larry,Yes, I will go ahead and get a copy of Office 2007 (Access 2007).I got Office 2003 at the moment.I wonder how many ways there are to upgrade to Office 2007 apart fromgoing to a retails shop and purchasing a set of Office 2007 disks.Cheers
0
niuginikiwi

CRM / SQL Reporting Co-Exist
We are trying to run Microsoft CRM and SQL Server Reporting on the same server. We have experiemented with several approaches but with no luck. Either SQL Server Reporting's Report Manager will not run with an error that session state in disenabled in ASP.Net or I get an error that there is a problem with the assembly Microsoft.CRM.Platform.Types. Does anyone know where I could find a document on how to make CRM and SQL Reporting co-exist on the same or server. It must be possible since many people run Small Business Server 2000 or 2003. Regards, George Vessels ...

Money 2005 Trial Download Gone! Stuck...
I bought the download edition of money 2005, re-installed my system, but don't have the "Trial" version of Money 2005 to install/upgrade to the full paid for version (download). Now that 2006 is out that's all i can find... Am I forced to upgrade? Or is there a place I can still find this? In microsoft.public.money, Hrrglburf wrote: >I bought the download edition of money 2005, re-installed my system, >but don't have the "Trial" version of Money 2005 to install/upgrade to >the full paid for version (download). Now that 2006 is out that's all i &...

Access 2000 Package and Deployment Wizard problem!
I have created an Access 2000 application that I now wish to distribute to users as an MDE file. The Access 2000 Package and Deployment Wizard does a fine job of storing the relevant installation files on a CD, exploiting A2K Runtime. However, I would prefer to let users download my application from a website. The Package and Deployment Wizard offers a 'Web Publishing' deployment option that appears to address this need. My only problem is that it doesn't work for me. I get the following error message, Unexpected error number 48 has occurred: File not found: WebPost.dll I...

autocomplete (like Access)
Hi, I'm trying to restrict the entry of data into cells based on values in a list. What I need is similar to Data Validation but I want Excel to complete the entry after the user has entered just the first character. For example, In Microsoft Access, when creating a new table in Design view, first you enter the field name, then tab across to Data Type. Entering a "c" and then tab automatically enters "Currency" as the data type. Similar for "d", DateTime; "t", Text etc. So, in Excel, if I have a list, say, New York, London, Sydney, Tokyo. Typi...

Second SMTP Server
I have two Exchange servers in the same domain. They are in two separate admin groups. They are on two separate subnets. Inter-Organizational mail works fine. They have one routing group connector between the two. These two servers are on opposite sides of the globe. Server 1 is in the U.S. and sends Internet addresses SMTP directly to its destination just fine. Server 2 is in Europe, and will not send Internet addressed SMTP mail at all. The mail just sits in a queue, and says retry. This appears to be a two fold problem. 1. Server 2 does not send the Internet addressed SMTP mail to S...

Money 2005 Closes Abruptly
I am using Money 2005 Premium and all of a sudden everytime I perform an update now, the program closes immediately for no known reason. Any changes I made are still there when I open the program again, but I cannot execute an update now on various accounts. Any ideas or help? Thanks I figured a work around. Selecting one or two updates at a time works, but doing all accounts and investment stuff at the same time causes the program to immediately shut down. "Dig" wrote: > I am using Money 2005 Premium and all of a sudden everytime I perform an > update now, the pro...

Data from Access query to Excel
To pull data from an Access 2003 database, I have created the queries in Access, then import into Excel. The problem is that all the numbers that are pulled into Excel are text and need to convert them into numbers to run formulas on. I have converted a few sheets by hand, but, some have will over 50,000 rows. Is there a function to select all number colums (the colums are the same through out the sheets) and convert? Thanks There are instructions here for converting text to numbers: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry03.html You can select all the columns, and only the num...

Automatically redirecting profiles to a new exchange server?
OK old exchange server was SERVEROLD and new one is SERVERNEW (for arguments sake). The pc has lots of different profiles on it and I dont wanna manually change each profile to reflect the new server. Running Outlook 2002 is there a way to automatically do this? I believe I can use a prf file created using Custom Wizards from the Office Resource Kit and deploy this to do this for me. Can anyone give any more detailed info on how this can be done? Thanks <carlosvenegas@jellybeandesign.co.uk> wrote in message news:1132785375.328184.274520@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > OK ol...

Custom Menus in Access 2007
I know in VB 6 you can create custom pop-up menu. Is there a way to do this in Access 2007? Active X? DLL? Hidden command that I can't find? Any tutorials or direction? Any help or direction that anyone can provide would be appreciated. In earlier versions, called "shortcut" menus. Right click on menu bar, select customise, show "shortcut menus" tollbar, select "custom". don't know if that tollbar has changed in 2007. (david) "Jerry Sheldon" <JerrySheldon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7431915F-33FF-4534-B5B4-C5E6F...

Access 2007 Runtime 10-30-07
1. Can I distribute Accees 2003 applications using Access 2007 runtime? 2. Do I also need the runtime extensions? 3. Will installing the Access 2007 runtime and extensions affect my current Access 2003 (full version) software, already installed? ...

mail server
There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Server: 'shawmail.ed.shawcable.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 That is what i recieve after setting up a new identity. A box pops up with my username and a password, but i don't know what the password is or why my account will not authorize. why wont it work?? This is on Outlook Express-making a new identity "Soph...

What program is trying to access e-mail address information stored in outlook?
I have one user (Vista Business, Outlook 2007 connected to Exchange 2003) who has today started to see a pop-up from Outlook saying: "A program is trying to access e-mail address information stored in Outlook. If this is unexpected, click Deny and verify your antivirus software is up-to-date." Anti-virus (McAfee) is up todate, and I'm doing a scan now and afterwards will do a separate scan for malware. This user tells me that he hasn't knowingly installed anything recently. My question is: is there any way to determine what the program is which is try...

Outlook Express Problems #5
Question 1: I am creating an address Group in Express. I added about 75 addresses, and ... suddenly I see ONLY 50!! Where did the other 25 go to? What can I do to solve this? Question 2: I would like to enter a large number of email addresses in BCC. Is there a way to conveniently do this? In AOL you can apparently enter a bunch of addresses into CC:, with parentheses at start and finish. Can you do this in Express? Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the...

Can I use oulook from home and have access at work?
When I set up my outlook I lose all my inbox messages online and would not be able to read my email from work. Is there a way to have my inbox available on outlook and remain online? Just to clarify, are you asking how to set up Outlook at home to receive email from work? If that's your question, you need to ask your IT Admin or Exchange Admin if you can use OWA and how that's done. That wouldn't have email coming into your Outlook account but it is a form of Outlook, Outlook Web Access. This may or may not be allowed. Your IT staff would of course have all kinds of securi...

Access 2003 and Sharepoint
My company is moving most of our files into Sharepoint -- however, it seems no one could explain how Sharepoint is going to affect our current Access database. Can someone please enlighten me regarding Sharepoint and how it will benefit us if our Access database is stored in it? Will it make accessing the database faster through our network? Right-now our database is stored in a network drive and depending on where we are located from the server -- it may take long to accesst the data. Or any sites that will help explain the process of Sharepoint. Thank you, Sharon You cannot store your A...

Sum of Top Values in Access Report
In an Access report, I'm presenting the top 15 cost values in the detail section. I have a counter to do start a new print page. That is working, but I also want to present the group total (=sum[netofreturns]) with the total of the top 15 values [top15only] and calculate the percentage of the top 15 to the group total (top 15/group total) in the group footer. ...

Outlook Express #3
Where does Outlook Express store received email messages? I'm trying to setup a new HD and don't want to keep booting to different drives to export data. In article <0f0801c34676$c8efcd70$a001280a@phx.gbl>, jkstueve@nktelco.net says... > Where does Outlook Express store received email > messages? I'm trying to setup a new HD and don't want to > keep booting to different drives to export data. > Tools-Options-Maintenance-Store Folder. BTW, FYI this group is for the support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 and 2002, NOT Outlook Express, which, although similar...

Script to audit windows 2003 servers
I am looking for a powershell script which we allow me to audit my physical servers which are in a specific network. Is this possible to do. The information I need for the server is as following: Model number - amount of RAM - amount and speed of CPU's - local storage - amount of nics - amount of HBA - installed OS And the subnet the servers are in is 172.16.40.0/21. Is there a way I can run one script to get all this information. It will of course require remote access to these servers. Also the servers are all windows 2003 SP2. An...

Access is Denied error
Hello, I have installed the Sales for Outlook. During Online, I can access all of the Microsoft CRM folders. However, when I am Offline, I can not access all the Microsoft CRM subfolders. I received the error below on the event application log. While Offline, I can create contacts, emails, etc. MSCRM Platform Error Report: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------- Error: Access is denied. Error Message: Access is denied. Error Details: You do not have sufficient permissions or access rights to perform this operation. Sour...

Exchange and SQL
Hi Everyone, I am wondering if it is a good idea to have Exchange 2000 server and SQL 2000 server on the same machine? Also, should I keep that Windows 2000 server machine a member server or promote to a DC? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Vu I think ideally the best bet is to keep the box as a member server and just use it for exchange. Unless of course you're running SBS in which case you get all 3 on the same machine :) "Nu2Exchange" <Nu2Exchange@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8ED0E610-967C-4093-A88B-5FA4971DAEA6@micro...

SQL Set Commision
I have two tables (here is a simplification of the problem). One table has: OrderID, Amount, SplitID, CustomerID. Sample OrderID Amount SplitID CustomerID 1 $100.00 1 A 2 $40.00 1 B 3 $100.00 1 A 4 $250.00 1 A 5 $100.00 2 A 6 $150.00 2 B For Customer A, the Total for Customer A SplitID 1, the total is: $450.00 ($100 + $100 + $250) The second Table has SplitID, SplitN, Amount, Percent. Sample SplitID SplitN Amount % 1 1 $0.00 0% 1 2 $50.00 5% 1 3 $100.00 10% 1 4 $200.00 15% 2 1 $0.00 0% 2 2 $100.00 5% I use the second table to c...

retrieving outlook web access mail using outlook express
how do i set up my outlook express to receive and access my outlook web access email account? it's my buisiness mail and i need to add it to my hotmail account in outlook express. PJ ...

Forms Access 2007
In Access 2002 I could right click the darken square in the upper left then pick properties, then source to see the querry. How does this work in 2007? Thanks The dark square don't even show up on the form. I can't get it to work. Thanks "Maurice" wrote: > As far as i can check the same way. A left double click would do also... > -- > Maurice Ausum > > > "Fly Boy 5" wrote: > > > In Access 2002 I could right click the darken square in the upper left then > > pick properties, then source to see the querry. > > How doe...