Access 2007-Table not displaying the values from a combo box

I have built a database to schedule senior/disabled transportation
appointments.  I have created two tables and associated forms for data entry.
 I placed a combo box in the Schedule form so end users choose a client and
fields complete on the form with client name, address, city, and home phone
number.  I did instruct Access to store the data in the SeniorIntakeID field
in the Schedule table.

I wrote a report that staff execute to see what is scheduled for a given
date, for each driver.  On the report I want to see the actual client's name,
address, city, and home phone number.  How can I accomplish this?

Senior Intake Table
  SeniorIntakeID-PK
  First
  Middle
  Last
  Address
  City
  HomePhone, etc.

Schedule Table
  ScheduleID-PK
  Driver
  Day
  AppointmentDate
  PickUpTime
  SeniorIntakeID-FK
  AppointmentTime
  AppointmentNotes
  Destination
  ReturnTime
  ReasonforTransportation
  Cancelled
  WhoCancelled
  NoShow
  UnabletoSchedule

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

>>I want to see the actual client's name, address, city, and home phone
number.
In your query for the report join the Senior Intake Table on the
SeniorIntakeID and add the required fields to the query.

--
Build a little, test a little.

"SueW" wrote:

> I have built a database to schedule senior/disabled transportation
> appointments.  I have created two tables and associated forms for data entry.
>  I placed a combo box in the Schedule form so end users choose a client and
> fields complete on the form with client name, address, city, and home phone
> number.  I did instruct Access to store the data in the SeniorIntakeID field
> in the Schedule table.
>
> I wrote a report that staff execute to see what is scheduled for a given
> date, for each driver.  On the report I want to see the actual client's name,
> address, city, and home phone number.  How can I accomplish this?
>
> Senior Intake Table
>   SeniorIntakeID-PK
>   First
>   Middle
>   Last
>   Address
>   City
>   HomePhone, etc.
>
> Schedule Table
>   ScheduleID-PK
>   Driver
>   Day
>   AppointmentDate
>   PickUpTime
>   SeniorIntakeID-FK
>   AppointmentTime
>   AppointmentNotes
>   Destination
>   ReturnTime
>   ReasonforTransportation
>   Cancelled
>   WhoCancelled
>   NoShow
>   UnabletoSchedule

Thank you.  I knew I was missing something simple.

"KARL DEWEY" wrote:

> >>I want to see the actual client's name, address, city, and home phone
> number.
> In your query for the report join the Senior Intake Table on the
> SeniorIntakeID and add the required fields to the query.
>
> --
> Build a little, test a little.
>

> "SueW" wrote:
>
> > I have built a database to schedule senior/disabled transportation
> > appointments.  I have created two tables and associated forms for data entry.
> >  I placed a combo box in the Schedule form so end users choose a client and
> > fields complete on the form with client name, address, city, and home phone
> > number.  I did instruct Access to store the data in the SeniorIntakeID field
> > in the Schedule table.
> >
> > I wrote a report that staff execute to see what is scheduled for a given
> > date, for each driver.  On the report I want to see the actual client's name,
> > address, city, and home phone number.  How can I accomplish this?
> >
> > Senior Intake Table
> >   SeniorIntakeID-PK
> >   First
> >   Middle
> >   Last
> >   Address
> >   City
> >   HomePhone, etc.
> >
> > Schedule Table
> >   ScheduleID-PK
> >   Driver
> >   Day
> >   AppointmentDate
> >   PickUpTime
> >   SeniorIntakeID-FK
> >   AppointmentTime
> >   AppointmentNotes
> >   Destination
> >   ReturnTime
> >   ReasonforTransportation
> >   Cancelled
> >   WhoCancelled
> >   NoShow
> >   UnabletoSchedule

Printing problem from Excel 2007

DDP (Drop down Box)
i have a front sheet that has data input onto it, this then feeds into sheets Monday thru Sunday, I would like to print data on occassions and have decided to creat a form for this option, what i dont want to do is allow users access to the data on the pages then print, am looking for a safe way to do this and decided a form, drop down box, selecting the day of the week to be printed and this would print the required data, Any idea of the code for example, Selecting Monday in the Drop down box, would then print the Sheet "Mon" Tuesday in DDB would then print "Tue" and s...

Cannot access by OWA
Hi there, we�ve two ex2k servers. First in domain 1 with internet connection. Second in subdomain, connected by a dedicated line. Both servers are in same org and site. When I try to access the second server by owa I can�t access the mailboxes there. That�s only possible on the first server (SSL security is enabled). Do I�ve missed to configure something? Thanks for any advice. JK Sorry, found it myself. Just have to configure the server as a frontendserver! "J. Kuenzel" <kuenzelj@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OT3swrqLEHA.3696@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi the...

Access attachments don't work anymore
Outlook 2000's security update makes it impossible to receive MS Access .mdb or .mde files. But I need to do this to earn a living as an Access developer! Other than have the sender rename the file there must be a simpler way to override the security patch. Outlook Express let's you turn off this feature but OL 2000 has no such setting. (The feature is basically worthless anyway - any hacker would know you just rename the file, put your hacker code in it and send it. Access will open ANY file, regardless of what you name it!!) See if the information on the following page help...

Failed to customize the dialog box of toolbar
I cannot fill the left-hand list box of toolbar's dialog box,and if I delete one button in toolbar,I lost it. Below is my code: [code] #include <windows.h> #include <commctrl.h> #include "resource.h" #define ID_TOOLBAR 20001 static char *szAppName = "Study Toolbar" ; LRESULT CALLBACK WndProc( HWND, UINT, WPARAM, LPARAM ) ; TBBUTTON tbButtons[] = { {STD_FILENEW, IDM_FILE_NEW, TBSTATE_ENABLED, TBSTYLE_BUTTON | BTNS_SHOWTEXT, 0, 0}, // 1 {STD_FILEOPEN, IDM_FILE_OPEN, TBSTATE_ENABLED, TBSTYLE_BUTTON, 0, 0}, // 2 {STD_FILESAVE, IDM_FILE_SAVE, TBSTATE...

pivot table #21
I have a question on Excel. When I update a pivot table, I used to be able to hold down the shift and ctrl keys and highlight the area, but lately I found that I cannot use this short cut method. Is there another short cut method? Thanks for your help. In step two of the Pivot Wizard, you should be able to select a starting cell on the worksheet, then hold the Shift key, and tap the End key, then the Down or Right arrow key, to select a range of cells. Or, base the pivot table on a dynamic range, which will expand automatically as new records are added. There are instructions here:...

transfer inbox in table format to word
In my older version I could cut and paste the table format in Outlook to a word file. Now I don't seem to be able to do it although I can print the file in that format within Outlook. When I export the inbox to word I get the whole text not just the headings. Is it possible to transfer the table format to a word file? ...

want to do piovt table, where rows over 100,000
Hi.. i have around 100,000 rows of data... of cousres the worksheet i can only put 66000 or so rows per sheet. i want to do a pivot table that combines the two sheets. how can i do this? thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if you have that many data I would suggest you store this data in a real database (e.g. MS Access). With Excel's pivot table wizard you can then access this database as datasource. Another way would be to split the data in two worksheets and within the pivot table wizard choose the 'non contigenous ranges' for the data source -- Reg...

Pivot Table Cycling Through Page Fields Automatically
Hi. I am trying to cycle through a complete set of data in one of the parameters in the "Page" field. For example, there are 500 investments, and I want to compute the internal rate of return (IRR) for each investment based on a series of cashflows for each investment. The IRR is a function that is placed outside the pivot table. As each investment number is chosen, the underlying pivot table cashflow data changes, allow the IRR function to pick up these cashflows and compute the IRR. However, if there are 500 investments, this becomes very time consuming - especially if the...

frustrations with Access 2006
is anyone else frustrated with the number of time, when editing a project..., Access 2006 crashes, leaving behind a corrupt, un-repairable file (or somtimes just a corrupt form, never-the-less: frustrating)? short of going back to an earlier version of the program, does any one have ANY suggestions? thanks in advance... mark "Mark Kubicki" <mark.kubicki@verizon.net> wrote in message news:u7Pv4lHDIHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > is anyone else frustrated with the number of time, when editing a > project..., Access 2007 crashes, leaving behind a corrupt, un-re...

How do I display two excel pages at the same time?
I want to have two excel pages displayed on my computer at the same time, but when I open both pages it uses the same master excel and when I toggle between the two it won't open both of them up. I'm using office 2003. Thanks for the help. -- snowtime ------------------------------------------------------------------------ snowtime's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25982 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=393499 Open both and then do windows>arrange and vertical (or any of the other choices, I usuall...

Access, average several fields in one row
I have several rows of data in a field, I need to average all the entries in one row I have 12 fields for 12 months of data, I need the average of the sum of all non blank entries. For example 3 months completed, the solution in Excel is (field1+field2+field3)/3 I am looking for method to average the sum in Access One way if you can't change your data is to use a VBA function. I've posted one below. You would call it in a calculated field in a query. Assuming your field names are the abbreviated month names the expression might look like the following. Field: fRow...

pivot table -repeating "months or days" after grouping
I have data that includes the month, day, hour, min. When I run th pivot table function to reduce the data to hourly I need the date t repeat in the date column. Example: 9/19/2002 0:00 2.7 9/19/2002 0:10 3.7 9/19/2002 0:20 3.8 9/19/2002 0:30 4.6 9/19/2002 0:40 4.8 9/19/2002 0:50 4.8 9/19/2002 1:00 5.6 9/19/2002 1:10 5.2 What I get when I group the Pivot table: Sep 19-Sep 12 AM 2.7 - - 1 AM 3.7 - - 2 AM 3.8 - - 3 AM 4.6 - - 4 AM 4.8 What I want is: Sep 19-Sep 12 AM 2.7 - 19-Sep 1 AM 3.7...

Access 2007 Reports
I'm using an Access 2000 mdb (split ends) in Access 2007. I cannot up- convert because other terminals don't have Office 2007. It works as a database just fine except: When I try to change a (front end) report from the default printer to another specific printer in design view, page setup, it all LOOKS good except it does not save my changes upon return and goes back to the default printer. I never had this problem with earlier versions of Access and the specific printer in questions works fine with other apps and terminals. Any ideas people? Many thanks. JM This is a known prob...

Create interactive pivot table chart based on item selected
I'm trying to remember how to drag a chart object to the top left cell of a pivot table thus displaying a charted image of the detail item selected. Any suggestions? ...

Question Regarding Excel 2007 Formatting Corruption

Is store procedure always fast than Access linked table via ODBC?
I was assigned to upgrade one program from Access(using ODBC to connect to SQL 2000) to ASP.NET(using store procedure in SQL 2000). Finally, I tested them and found that ASP.NET is slower than Access. The mojority job of program is select some data from SQL 2000 tables, modify and then insert into some tables. Is store procedure always fast than Access linked table via ODBC? -- Message posted via http://www.sqlmonster.com Stored procedures don’t add any overhead and they can save compile time. It's the code in the stored procedure and the underlying tables / indexes that ...

Unable to open Access 95 mdb in Access 97
Hi I am trying to open an old Access 95 mdb in Access 97...I didn't create it but someone who knew the database way back when said that a system.mda file was created for that particular database because it had a lot of personal info in it. (I am not familiar with mda files...the database folder also had a system.ldb file there as well...I deleted that file...but am unsure why it wasn't closed out to begin with) I was able to open Access 97 and repair it...but when I go to open it in Access 97...I get an Automation Error...Cannot find VEENLR3.hlp file. Do you think it may ha...

IE8 can't access Microsoft Office site when all other browsers can
When trying to access the Microsoft Office page using IE8 I keep getting the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message. If I use any other browser (Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome) I have no problem accessing the page. This happens whether running in normal or No Add-on's mode. Despite how many people keep complaining about all the problems with IE8, neither the MVP's or Microsoft acknowledge that they exist. Asus P5E Intel E8400 Core2Duo 3.0GHz 4 GB PC2-6400 DDR2 Windows 7 Ultimate (with all the latest updates installed) NIS 2010 (all up to date)...

Backup error Access Denied
I have been recieving the following error message for a while and can't figure out how to fix it. It is only happening on one mailbox. "Backup - \\MBMAIL\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes Access denied to file Jhon Doe [jdoe]Top of Information StoreSync IssuesServer FailuresMail Delivery (failure jdoe@xyz.com)." Help Please Can you access the mailbox from a mail client? If so, you can use mdbvu to look at the Top of the Information store folder, and delete the message in there. If you cannot access the mailbox, then I have seen it where some users think they are ...

Time Zone / Incorrect Dates Displayed to User
When a user in the Central Time zone closes an opportunity and someone in the Mountain Time zone views it, the Actual Close Date is 1 day before the date the person in the Central Time zone selected. For instance... If someone in the Central Time zone closes an opportunity and selects the Actual Close Date as 6/2/2007: -- Users in the Central Time zone see: 6/2/2007 -- But users in the Mountain Time zone see: 6/1/2007 This is a big issue when running monthly reports as it makes some opportunities show in the wrong month... and will put that revenue in the wrong month. It would make mo...