Access 2007-Table not displaying the values from a combo box

I have built a database to schedule senior/disabled transportation
appointments.  I have created two tables and associated forms for data entry.
 I placed a combo box in the Schedule form so end users choose a client and
fields complete on the form with client name, address, city, and home phone
number.  I did instruct Access to store the data in the SeniorIntakeID field
in the Schedule table.

I wrote a report that staff execute to see what is scheduled for a given
date, for each driver.  On the report I want to see the actual client's name,
address, city, and home phone number.  How can I accomplish this?

Senior Intake Table
  SeniorIntakeID-PK
  First
  Middle
  Last
  Address
  City
  HomePhone, etc.

Schedule Table
  ScheduleID-PK
  Driver
  Day
  AppointmentDate
  PickUpTime
  SeniorIntakeID-FK
  AppointmentTime
  AppointmentNotes
  Destination
  ReturnTime
  ReasonforTransportation
  Cancelled
  WhoCancelled
  NoShow
  UnabletoSchedule

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

>>I want to see the actual client's name, address, city, and home phone
number.
In your query for the report join the Senior Intake Table on the
SeniorIntakeID and add the required fields to the query.

--
Build a little, test a little.

"SueW" wrote:

> I have built a database to schedule senior/disabled transportation
> appointments.  I have created two tables and associated forms for data entry.
>  I placed a combo box in the Schedule form so end users choose a client and
> fields complete on the form with client name, address, city, and home phone
> number.  I did instruct Access to store the data in the SeniorIntakeID field
> in the Schedule table.
>
> I wrote a report that staff execute to see what is scheduled for a given
> date, for each driver.  On the report I want to see the actual client's name,
> address, city, and home phone number.  How can I accomplish this?
>
> Senior Intake Table
>   SeniorIntakeID-PK
>   First
>   Middle
>   Last
>   Address
>   City
>   HomePhone, etc.
>
> Schedule Table
>   ScheduleID-PK
>   Driver
>   Day
>   AppointmentDate
>   PickUpTime
>   SeniorIntakeID-FK
>   AppointmentTime
>   AppointmentNotes
>   Destination
>   ReturnTime
>   ReasonforTransportation
>   Cancelled
>   WhoCancelled
>   NoShow
>   UnabletoSchedule

Thank you.  I knew I was missing something simple.

"KARL DEWEY" wrote:

> >>I want to see the actual client's name, address, city, and home phone
> number.
> In your query for the report join the Senior Intake Table on the
> SeniorIntakeID and add the required fields to the query.
>
> --
> Build a little, test a little.
>

> "SueW" wrote:
>
> > I have built a database to schedule senior/disabled transportation
> > appointments.  I have created two tables and associated forms for data entry.
> >  I placed a combo box in the Schedule form so end users choose a client and
> > fields complete on the form with client name, address, city, and home phone
> > number.  I did instruct Access to store the data in the SeniorIntakeID field
> > in the Schedule table.
> >
> > I wrote a report that staff execute to see what is scheduled for a given
> > date, for each driver.  On the report I want to see the actual client's name,
> > address, city, and home phone number.  How can I accomplish this?
> >
> > Senior Intake Table
> >   SeniorIntakeID-PK
> >   First
> >   Middle
> >   Last
> >   Address
> >   City
> >   HomePhone, etc.
> >
> > Schedule Table
> >   ScheduleID-PK
> >   Driver
> >   Day
> >   AppointmentDate
> >   PickUpTime
> >   SeniorIntakeID-FK
> >   AppointmentTime
> >   AppointmentNotes
> >   Destination
> >   ReturnTime
> >   ReasonforTransportation
> >   Cancelled
> >   WhoCancelled
> >   NoShow
> >   UnabletoSchedule

how do I change the table from which a form obtains data
I have a form that I have set up, but I would like to re-create it several times and change the table that each copy gets data from. EG Table 1 feeds Form A. I want to copy this form to create form B but it currently gets data from table 1, so I need to change it so that it now gets data from table 2. That's probably clear as mud but hopefully someone can help me! thanks Jo, If all the tables have exactly the same fields, you just need to change the Form's RecordSource. Copy the form to another name, and change the RecordSource table, or more usually, a query against the...

Pop Up Combo Box
I have 3 options in a combo: TS, CT, and MISC Each one of these options has their own pertinent account codes. What I want is the ability to choose one of the options (TS, CT or MISC), and based on that choice, have another combo box pop up with a list of corresponding account codes. If you can help with step-by-step moron-proof instructions, I would be much obliged. This is called "cascading combo boxes". A google search should return plenty of links that will show you how to do it. HTH -- _________ Sean Bailey "natalie" wrote: > I have 3 options in a combo...

how to count cells with specified background and value?
hi, I have a range of cells with different background color and values. I ne= ed to count orange cells (colorindex=3D40) AND value=3DA. Can anyone hel= p? MS See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html for a working solution -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "marbelan" <marbelan@tlen.pl> wrote in message news:op.tu5rz4k7s3xcg0@ms810... hi, I have a range of cells with different background color and values. I need to count orange cells (colorindex=40) AND value=A. Can anyone help? MS On 8 ...

how to calculate the difference of values (numbers) in a column?
A B C D A1 10 A2 9 1 A3 8 2 1 A4 7 3 2 A5 6 4 3 1 I need to calculate the differences of each value in a column and have the answers on second third column. For example subtract A2 from A1, A3 from A1, A4 from A1, A5 from A1; and subtract A3 from A2, A4 from A2, A5 from A2; subtract A4 from A3, A5 from A4; and finally subtract A5 from A4. Any help is appreciated. Hi, try this select B2:B5 and enter this formula in B2 =$A$1-(A2:A5), confirm with Ctrl-Shift-Enter. similarly for C3:C5 =$A$2-(A3:A5) D4:D5 =A3-(A4:A5) hth...

suppress zero values in line charts?
How can I suppress the plotting of zero values in line charts? The source cells have a formula that evaluates as zero for future dates in the date range. Rather than getting the formula to evaluate to zero, get it to evaluate to the N/A# error =IF(Date<Today,NA(),Value) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Cruickshank Brothers" <Cruickshank Brothers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5AB5CB7-05A5-4F3C-ACFF-A81404778E12@microsoft.com... > How can I suppress the plotting of zero values...

Control variable for slider won�t accept MinMax values
Hi, I have a dialog with a slider. When I add the control variable for the slider with the wizard I can set the min- and max-value but when I actually do ddx I always get values between 0 and 100. When I return to the wizard it shows me everything correct but the min- max-values are cleared out. Does anyone know what I forgot or how I could set the range of the slider manually ? thanx Lukas Henschke wrote: > Hi, > I have a dialog with a slider. When I add the control variable for the > slider with the wizard I can set the min- and max-value but when I actually > do ddx I alway...

SharePoint (WSS) 2007 / Outlook 2007 - Alert
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00AD_01C70E47.83B45950 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We have setup a SharePoint Server (WSS) 2007 and are using the alerting = functionality. After we changes stuff on WSS, an alert message is generated and sent to = an email account. This e-mail account is hosted on an Exchange 2003 server. When using Outlook 2007 to open the e-mail, we get: Cannot open this item. Wenn using OWA the e-mail can be opene fine. Does somehow have an explanation for th...

is there anyway to access funcion written in c by vc++
hi Is this is possible to access ,a function written in C by VC++. Arbind >Is this is possible to access ,a function written in C by VC++. Yes. I suspect you need to know about using extern "C" to tell the compiler that your function is 'C' rather than C++. For example: extern "C" int MyFn( int p1 ); You often use it like this: extern "C" { #include "Your_C_Header.g" } Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq >#include "Your_C_Header.g" or even #include "Your_C_Header.h" who put that g key in the wa...

selected row count of list box
A2k Is there a way to get the selected row count of a list box dynamically as the user selects rows? Delphi has an event called "OnSelectionChanged" but Access is much more limited. I don't want the user to have to exit the list box or click a button or anything manual in order to see the # of rows he's selected. How can this be done? I know about "lstCusts.ItemsSelected.Count" but not sure what event to use it in to accomplish what I need. Thanks, Keith Never mind. I did this and it handles both mouse and keyboard selections: Private Sub lstCusts_AfterUpdat...

help with dynamic tables

Accessing MIcrosoft Outlook
Yesterday, when I tried to access Outlook in my home pC, I received the following message: Cannot open MIcrosoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The file C:|Users \jillandgordon\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this? Masny thanks, Gordon in TX Try this first http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287497/ "Gordon McDougall" <braidwoodboy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d0e17ac8-0215-431c-971f-bd862b58a245@y17g2000yqd....

Publishing Layout and tables
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am trying to copy and paste text from one cell of a table to another cell in the same table. The document is in Publishing Layout. The paste command deletes the text in the destination cell and then places a big empty text box on top of the table. I do dozens of these documents that are primarily tables and graphics. Previously I used Publisher on my old PC. Should I go back, or can this be done in Word for the mac? Hello, On 2010.01.29 8:44 AM, in article 59bb1ce2.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Toni_T@officefor...

I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why?
I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why? It keeps saying "incorrect function" khaganman <khaganman@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why? It keeps > saying "incorrect function" Is the D: drive your CD drive? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Accessing my information offline
I have updated my Outlook to 2002 on my notebook computer and when it is connected on the Lan at my office(new ethernet connection) I can see my calendar, addressbook, e- mails etc. However, when I disconnect and bring my notebook home, and try to access calendar, etc, it says I must sychronize while I am still connected to the Lan. My previous version of outlook didn't have this problem. I synched it on the Lan and it worked. This one won't. Any ideas???? How do you have your folders marked for Offline use under tools->Send/Receive settings? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlo...

Querying multiple records in two tables

Sum amount if = 2 value's

Chart printing issue in Excel 2007

reading and displaying memo fields
I got an ODBC database with a memo field. Now I use a CRecordSet in VC6 to read the database with CLongBinary for the memo field. After reading 18 fields he's out of memory. Is there a way to use CString instead of CLongBinary, cause it's only text in the memo fields (I already tried, but then I get an error message that the database could not be read)? Or is there a way to read all other fields first and only read the memo field when the user choose a specific item in the database? Thank you for helping me! ...

Trying to open the current db in Access 2010 through Access Basic
I haven't programmed in Access Basic in quite a long time. Through Access Basic coding, I use to be able to open the current database and then open a table and walk through each record. Now I can't even open the database. Does anybody have an example of how to do the following: 1) Open Workspace 2) Open Current Database (assume name is unknown during run time 3) Open specific table 4) Step through each record and access the fields George C. Derkacs <George C. Derkacs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I haven't programmed in Access Basic in quite a lon...

Install 2003 after 2007?
I had Office 2003 and upgraded to 2007, other than Outlook I didn't like it. I wanted to reinstall 2003 Excel & Word. Per instructions here I uninstalled 2007 except Outlook and upon attempting to reinstall 2003 I get the error message, "Business Contact Manager requires Outlook 2003, please install Outlook 2003 before running setup". Help please. Thanks in advance... Bob Answered in the other group post "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@cox.net> wrote in message news:jH5Xl.21061$IP7.4196@newsfe23.iad... >I had Office 2003 and upgraded to 2007, other tha...

Excel pivot table #2