Access 2007 Stopped working

I have noticed that many other people have also had this problem of "Access
2007 has stopped working. Windows will check for a solution" etc etc...

I have noticed within my Access 2007 program (running on Vista) that this
crash happens when I close the very last (or only open) object in access. I
doesent matter what that object is; Table, Form, Report Qry etc. When the
last tab is closed or X'd. Access crashes and restarts.
This is VERY annoying, especially if I have a lot of work to do and dont
like to keep tabs/objects open if i no longer need them, but just want to
continue with something else in Access.

When is MS going to sort this problem out ???????????? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=9b9d0dd9-5d40-416d-b56e-ca73a62d2852&dg=microsoft.public.access
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

PowerPoint 2007 / 2003 "Compare & Merge" crosswalk?
I cannot find the "Compare and Merge Presentations" function on 2007. The tutorial says some of 2003 functions were lost, and you should check with online help. Have not been able to locate anything equivalent or close in 2007. That feature was removed from PPT 2007. It's back (and better) in PPT 2010, though. PPT 2010 is in beta right now. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com "Confused Presentor" <Confused Presentor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0436F244-FE21-449D-9F85-F02788E0BFE0@microsoft.com... > I canno...

Microsoft Office 2004 Refuses to Work
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have had Office 2004 for Mac installed on my MBP for a long time now. Sometime in the past couple of months, it has stopped working on my main account. Whenever I try to open any of the Office programs, they open a little bit and then freeze and have to be force quit. In my Guest Account, they all work perfectly. I found this post < <http://mactip.blogspot.com/2007/07/microsoft-office-2004-dead-as-parrot.html> > that would seem to be relevant, but don't have /Library/Receipts/JavaSE6Release1.pkg (or a...

New to Access 2007
Hi, I am new to Access 2007 and having trouble working with a 2003(?) MDB. I opened it with the Shift Key down and I can see the tables, forms, etc. But when I select a form, I can only open it; the option to Design the form is greyed out and the entire Forms tab in the Ribbon is greyed out too. Help! Thanks much, Glenn "Glenn H" <glenn@pivotal-z.com> wrote in message news:1187024333.492672.70330@q4g2000prc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, I am new to Access 2007 and having trouble working with a 2003(?) > MDB. I opened it with the Shift Key down and I can see the tabl...

Outllok 2007 reminders keep coming back
I have run the /cleanreminders switch but they keep coming back. Any suggestions? John ...

How do I print a select number of address records from Access
I'm trying to print just a select number of records for a mailing that I'm doing. I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Thanks. On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 12:23:04 -0800, robbie6 <robbie6@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm trying to print just a select number of records for a mailing that I'm >doing. I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Thanks. Create a Query based on the table containing the addresses (and perhaps other tables). View the query's Properties (with the View menu item, or rightclick the background behind the table icons and sele...

System Data Protection 2007 on a SBS 2008 Domain
Hi all, This is a lab situation where I have SBS 2008 running on HyperV and doing well... I would like to install Server 2008R2, give it 2 or 4 GBs RAM, 2 CPUs and then install System Data Protection 2007 Has anyone tried this? Is it doable at all? Thanks to all, Dan On Jan 7, 11:52=A0am, "Daniel Jewel" <cyberdud...@yahoo.com.br> wrote: > Hi all, > > This is a lab situation where I have SBS 2008 running on HyperV and doing > well... > > I would like to install Server 2008R2, give it 2 or 4 GBs RAM, 2 CPUs and > then install Sy...

Power Point Viewer 2007 won't open ".pps" files
Using Windows 7, Home Premium, 32 bit. No Office 2007 installed. Using Microsoft Works. Have experienced several issues with Office PPT Viewer 2007. Cleared them, but additionally each time I try to open a .pps file, either from the Desktop or Windows Mail, I receive the following: "C:\Users|AMD\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\TemporaryInternetFiles\content.IE5\E7D22GOW\Gathering of Mustangs and Legends2007.pps is not a valid Win32 application". I have opened this file many times on another computer, so don't think it is an issue with the file. The software has be...

Outlook 2003: My "auto suggest" email address does not work after reboot
Running Windows 7 HP 64. After I access names in the Contact list, they will be auto suggested as I start to type a letter, but if I reboot, its as if I've never done it. Never had that happened before. ??? "Hotkey" <noway@notnow.com> wrote in message news:OPqTXyHaKHA.3992@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Running Windows 7 HP 64. > > After I access names in the Contact list, they will be auto suggested as I > start to type a letter, but if I reboot, its as if I've never done it. > > Never had that happened before. This is a sighn...

2007 dst issue
the client i support currently has about 20 exchange 2003 sp1 servers (mixed FE/BE (mostly clusters) PF, BH) i am putting a plan in place to move to sp2 early next year i have since come across article 926666 regarding the post sp2 exchange update for 2007 dst change i have built a test environment to successfully create this issue i have a 2003 sp1 dc and a 2003 sp1 server with exchange 2003 sp2 including the windows dst update but not the exchange update i then created a test mailbox and from outlook setup 5 calendar entries the week of march 26 at various times when viewing in OWA, al...

New 2006 trial won't work with 2005 file
Hi - I've just downloaded the new trial 2006 - by mistake actually - because i was having problems with the 2005 trial that was available just last week so I thgt I would re-d/load. Now Money is saying that it cannot convert my Money 2005 file into 2006 format because it was created in a different version. I don't have a problem paying for the software, but there's not point in my buying MS Money 06 if my 05 file won't work and has 12 months worth of data in it. Does anyone know why it won't convert my 2005 file? I don't want to loose all that information, and I would r...

Access 2000 or 2002 on Vista ?
Any known issues? Need a new laptop, looks like Vista is being dictated now. Thanks, There's no difference between the way Access 2000 and 2002 run on Vista. If you are using multiple versions of Access on the laptop, see: Errors using multiple versions of Access under Vista at: http://allenbrowne.com/bug-17.html If you are connecting the laptop to other machines that run Vista, watch out for this bug that destroys databases: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=935370 There's a hotfix here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935366/ -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP...

Can't access send/receive under mail setup
I am using Outlook 2003 with exchange. I want to add a pop3 account. The Pop3 account sends but won't receive (although the Outlook test message is fine). When I go to tools/options/mail setup and push the send/receive button, nothing happens. I have just installed a new hard drive. This worked on the old one, and on other computers. I have recreated the profile from scratch but I have the same problem. What's going on? Can someone help me? -- Thanks. Sammie SBS 2003, OFFICE 2003, XP-PRO-SP3, IE7 ...

IFERROR function from XL 2003 to 2007
File was created in XL2003, I had an "IFERROR(x,y)" VBA function referenced in cell formula, see: http://min.us/mvj137H Now in XL2007, I removed the VBA "IFERROR" so as to use the built-in IFERROR. The problem is as you see in the picture, XL2007 is NOT automatically using the built-in. (F9 does not work) I have to manually "touch" the individual cell formula (like put in a space after "=") to have the formula recalculate. Please help , thanks Untested. How about just selecting all the cells Hit ctrl-h (like Edit|Replace in xl2003 menus) What:...

Outlook 2007 Distorts Inserted Pictures -- How do I make it stop?
When inserting pictures in HTML or RTF emails, Outlook 2007 uses the size in INCHES (for some ungodly reason) instead of in PIXELS. How the heck do I revert to the traditional 1:1 pixel mapping so that a 900 x 600 pixel picture shows up as 900 x 600 pixels in the email? I want it to ignore the INCHES and DPI attributes and just display the JPG as a website would : using the X x Y information only. Wow, not a single reply after weeks and weeks. :-( "mjs" <no@thanks.com> wrote in message news:ur9qg2bxIHA.1936@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > When inserting pictures in HTML...

Uninstalled 2007 Trial, now all docs don't open
I used the 2007 Trial and uninstalled it, and now my docs do not open in the 2003 Version that came on my computer from the beginning. Any ideas? I do not have the original CD. Did you save your files as .docx or .doc? If it's the former you need to go to Microsoft's site and download the 2007 compatibility pack for 2003. -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." "JenLy" <JenLy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79ABD79A-9164-4B20-AE07-013AD9DFE4F3@microsoft.com... ...

Error 2203 when trying to upgrade Office 2003 to 2007
Error 2203 keeps appearing. I have added Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager about a year ago. Could this cause the error message to show up and what can I do do resolve? "Bosh" <Bosh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3EF38140-358A-42CE-9448-396621A7F927@microsoft.com... > Error 2203 keeps appearing. I have added Outlook 2007 with Business > Contact > Manager about a year ago. Could this cause the error message to show up > and > what can I do do resolve? Try a Google Search on ERROR 2203, and scroll the list for your p...

Chart Print Footer :: Excel 2007
I create a chart using vba and I create it on it own worksheet (ActiveChart.Location Where:=xlLocationAsNewSheet, Name:="UsageChart"). I need to setup the page footer so that when it prints, the date/time appear in the lower right-hand corner. I have tried using the following command to set it up: Worksheets("UsageChart").PageSetup.RightFooter = Format(Date, "yyyy-mmm-dd") but it does not work, nothing appears. What am I doing wrong? Thank you for your help, QB Chart sheet is not a worksheet. Sheets collection comprises worksheets and c...

Starting MS Access
The command line I use includes the database name, and wrkgrp. It requires the user to enter a name and password when opening the database. The problem is if the user cancels the logon then the MS Access toolbar appears allowing the user to navigate (file/open) the same as if using Windows Explorer. This is a problem when the application is on a Citrix server. Any suggestions on how to have the default Access toolbar not appear if the user doesn't sign in using their name/password? I'd rather not use the run-time version. On Wed, 6 Feb 2008 13:29:01 -0800, Jay Myhre <Ja...

Access 2007 and windows 7
Under windows xp and vista, I could use a command line switch with access, but now I get an error. EXAMPLE: "c:\Consulting Tracking Program\Consulting Tracking.accdb" /compact [Now I get a message box saying that thier was a problem sending the command to the program.] Thanks OD -- Looking to make money at selling items on the web? Give us a try at www.your-best-auctions.com. We are economical and cheaper then our competitors. To unsubscribe, please reply with unsubscribe in the subject line. "OD" <OD@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Zoom level in Access 2010
In all other office programmes I can set the zoom level for the document I am working on. Can't see how to do this for Access. I am entering data on a form which would all fit on the screen if I could reduce zoom to 85 or 90% Thanks everyone russweb wrote: > In all other office programmes I can set the zoom level for the document I > am working on. Can't see how to do this for Access. > I am entering data on a form which would all fit on the screen if I could > reduce zoom to 85 or 90% > > Thanks everyone Access has never supported zooming for a...

counting values in a column in Access
I am working on a database for help desk type calls. I have three call categories and would like a running total of how many of each call I recieve. These three values are located in one column of a table. What are my options to make this happen? Example: Date Call Type Problem 11/5 Equipment VCR doesn't work 11/6 Computer Monitor wont turn on 11/6 Media CD is scratched 11/7 Equipment TV has no volume I would like a report or something telling me that I have 2 Equipment calls 1 Computer Call 1 Media Call Use a Totals query. If build...

Hyperlinks no longer work
I have recently upgraded users from NT4 and Office 2000, to XP Pro and Office XP Several users have noticed that Excel hyperlinks in various s/sheets no longer work. User access rights/permissions on LAN have not changed and s/sheet is also unaltered. Excel reports "Cannot open specified file" (the links generally point to Word docs in lower level folders). Can anyone help? Thanks. I'd check to see what the links point to (just to make sure). I bet you used insert|hyperlink to make these links. I've never had trouble with them (but don't use them much). But a few ...

How can I stop each line of text from capitalizing the first word
When I continue typing line to line, each subsequent line capitalizes the first word even if it is not the beginning of a sentence. I know there some place to turn it off, but I can't find it. JP, Not sure about Pub but in lots of programs, if you hit enter to start a new line, the first word is capitalized. Is this what you are doing? Mike JP wrote: > When I continue typing line to line, each subsequent line capitalizes the > first word even if it is not the beginning of a sentence. I know there some > place to turn it off, but I can't find it. Tools, AutoCorrect ...

accessing fai.music.metaservices.microsoft.com
From within Windows Media Player one is able to access the above to locate and download information about specific songs. Is it possible to lint to this site from within Access or Excel and have a macro set up to locate the album information for a specific Karaoke music disk (by manufacturer Disk ID)? -- John You might want to ask the folks in the Media Player group. This group is for MS Office questions. John wrote: > From within Windows Media Player one is able to access the above to locate > and download information about specific songs. Is it possible to lint t...

Help: Reinstall on new PC won't work
Get the dreaded Activation code doesn't work hardware has changed. I emailed the address on wednesday. No response. I am moving to quicken, but I don't want to do it until I have time. Any way i can get around this for now. Did you have original boxed CD, or a downloaded copy of Money? "Frank Spina" wrote: > Get the dreaded Activation code doesn't work hardware has changed. I > emailed the address on wednesday. No response. > > I am moving to quicken, but I don't want to do it until I have time. Any > way i can get around this for now. >...