Access 2007 SP1 - custom printer

Dear all,

the following message was posted several months ago on this newsgroup
and on microsoft feedback page from access 2007 beta release
Dear all,

in access 2007, I can click the "page setup" menu then the "page setup"
button, and choose to print the report on a specific printer. However,
after saving the report and re-opening it, he still prints on default
printer. The specific printer setting is not saved with the report (this
worked with all previous versions of access, it seems the specific
printer setting has no effect anymore).

Does someone know where I could find a patch or a workaround for this?
(no updates are found through office update, and this might be critical
for some applications).

Regards,
Alain

The answer I got was
"Yes, it's a bug, and AFAIK, there's no fix released yet. "

I hoped it would be solved in office 2007 SP1, but I tested, and it is
NOT, the problem is the same. The custom printer choosen is not saved in
the report.

Does someone have an easy workaround?
It seems (severe) bugs send to microsoft are not always corrected.... :(

Regards,
Alain
0
Alain
12/16/2007 5:10:08 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Can you set the printer in code during the report's OnOpen event? If the
setting varies by the user's computer, you could save the appropriate
settings in a table.

"Alain Bourgeois" <brolspam00@skynet.be> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>

> the following message was posted several months ago on this newsgroup
> and on microsoft feedback page from access 2007 beta release
> Dear all,
>
> in access 2007, I can click the "page setup" menu then the "page setup"
> button, and choose to print the report on a specific printer. However,
> after saving the report and re-opening it, he still prints on default
> printer. The specific printer setting is not saved with the report (this
> worked with all previous versions of access, it seems the specific
> printer setting has no effect anymore).
>

> Does someone know where I could find a patch or a workaround for this?
> (no updates are found through office update, and this might be critical
> for some applications).
>

> Regards,
> Alain
>
> The answer I got was
> "Yes, it's a bug, and AFAIK, there's no fix released yet. "
>
> I hoped it would be solved in office 2007 SP1, but I tested, and it is
> NOT, the problem is the same. The custom printer choosen is not saved in
> the report.
>
> Does someone have an easy workaround?
> It seems (severe) bugs send to microsoft are not always corrected.... :(
>
> Regards,
> Alain

0
Paul
12/16/2007 10:09:01 PM
Amazingly, I saw a list of 13 major bugs in 2007 today, and only 4 were
corrected by SP1! On the plus side, I've seen no reports, to date, of SP1
causing new problems, which, of course, is more than can be said for
ACC2003/SP3!

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq
12/17/2007 4:15:46 AM
"Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com" <u28780@uwe> wrote:

>Amazingly, I saw a list of 13 major bugs in 2007 today, and only 4 were
>corrected by SP1!

What was the URL of the list?   Define major?  What may be major to
you might not be a problem to me.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.

customizing quote merge template

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

open two different Access reports

Customizing AdvisorFYI
I have an account for some stock options in a privately-owned company. Approximately monthly, AdvisorFYI keeps telling me, "It's time to update your investment prices in Money." There isn't a price update that often. Is there a way to turn this message off without turning of the other useful AdvisorFYI Investment warnings? ...

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Publisher 2007 frequently crashes

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic

Input to custom reports

Non-VBA way of making custom menus.

Unable to sort on customer CRM 4.0

Outlook 2007 Calendar -> Outlook 2003

Customer check data

compact database in VBA access 2007

LDAP Write access?

MS Access 2007 code not running

what printers can run Vista
just purchased a dell which came with Vista on it. now my printer (HP 5550 deskjet) won't print. I need to find a new printer that i can hook up to the computer. This is an Access newsgroup. We help with questions related to Microsoft Access - the database application that is part of MS Office Professional. -- Rick B "monroe" <monroe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC746826-251A-4097-AF88-2805BCDE7DEC@microsoft.com... > just purchased a dell which came with Vista on it. now my printer (HP > 5550 > deskjet) won't print. I need to...

MS Project 2007 question
Hello, I am developing a simple schedule with no resources but 2 tasks out of 100 are hazardous and I would like to make the schedule so that when these tasks occur, no other tasks can occur. In other words, even though all tasks are moving around as the schedule is being developed, I would like to make sure no other tasks can be scheduled wherever these 2 hazardous tasks fall. These 2 tasks are serial to every other task in the schedule. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for your help. Mike Create two milestones. Use milestone 1 as the successor task to all tasks th...