Access 2007 Rich Text Question 04-28-07

Hi All

In the plan text version of a Memo field you can easily add a date by
pressing Ctrl+Colon which makes life easy for the end user.

However, if the Memo field is set to the Rich Text Property this no
longer works. Or am I missing something?

Tom gave me a part answer last week but I cannot see a way of
inserting a date on a Rich Text Memo field by using keystrokes

Thanks

0
bobdydd
4/28/2007 7:01:40 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Exporting CRM Opportunity List to Office Excel 2007
We have CRM 3.0 Server. Our users are using CRM Web Client to access their leads, opportunities, quotes and orders. Using the Export toolbar button in CRM, users who have Office 2003 installed on their PCs are able to export opportunity lists to Excell perfectly all right, however users who have Office 2007 installed are not able to do that! Is this a limitation in CRM 3.0 ? Is there a workaround (If any)? Any possible risks when using or applying this workaround (If any)? "luai7" <luai7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CADFDC5-8439-4B5F-955A-D6DBF...

Publisher 2007 Merge Print Screen
This only happens in Publisher 2007. I do merges: in Excel, in Word, & in Publisher. When the "print" screen comes up in Publisher, the screen is so large, I have to push up as far as I can, and there's just a sliver of the print button on the bottom - can't even see the "print" word on the button. However, my cursor does react with it, so I do print successfully. I just would like to know if there's a way to make this one screen smaller. There's no arrows at any of the corners, so I can't squeeze it down. Thank you! lewzan wrote: > When the...

How do I use the Outlook Address Book in Word 2007
Our company used to use Groupwise along with Word 2007. I could do individual envelopes using the address book on Groupwise. Now we have Outlook 2007 and my address book was migrated to Word. But when I try to do an individual envelope and click on the Outlook Address Book, it says there are no entries in the address book. Do I have to re-do all my addresses in Outlook? Or is there a way to access this address book? Do you have a choice to use the Outlook Contacts Folder? Try that instead if you do. Also, ensure your Outlook address Book Service is installed. -- Milly Stap...

Exporting Money 2006 to OA 2007--No New Fiscal Years
When I attempt to import MS Money 2006 data to OA 2007, none of the bank transactions (~400) migrate, and the error log tells me: "The financial date of a document must be within an existing open fiscal year." In OA 2007, I find that only fiscal year 2002 has been created...hence the error message. Suggestions? -- Charlie Find an OA newsgroup? Not trying to be flippant, but there's next to no OA experience that has been evidenced in this NG. "cwfox" <cwfox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E21A987D-B741-483A-B60F-0A9A58F47721@microsoft.co...

Outlook 2007 doesn't understand vCalendar entries any more !?!
I occasionally need to copy/paste calendar entries from another calendar application into my private Outlook. Until recently - using Outlook 2002/XP - this worked fine. Since I switched to Outlook 2007 this does not work any more. Instead of pasting a new appointment I only get a new appointment with no title, no date, no other field filled except the comment field which contains the entire (and - as far as I can see: valid!) vCalendar entry. Can one somehow teach OL2007 to accept and properly interpret such entries? Michael I just learned that I can paste that calen...

Word Pad 2007 Won't remember Font choice
WordPad 2007 on Windows 7 RC refuses to remember the font that I choose. I can't see how to make a particular font default either. It constantly reverts to default font which I don't like as it is hard to read. I can change the font size and that stays changed. I am using WordPad to copy excerpts from web articles and each time I copy another excerpt and place it in the open document the font reverts from my Verdana choice to the default one. I recall having this same problem on Word 97 and my current Word 2002 on other machines. I can't remember how I fixed the p...

Automating Excel from Access
From Access I'm trying to set the vertical alignment for all cells of an Excelfile to 'Top': Dim XLApp As Excel.Application Dim XLBook As Excel.Workbook Dim XLSheet As Excel.Worksheet Set XLApp = New Excel.Application Set XLBook = XLApp.Workbooks.Open("c:\Test.xls") Set XLSheet = XLBook.Worksheets(1) XLSheet.Activate XLSheet.Cells.Select With Selection .VerticalAlignment = xlTop End With XLBook.SaveAs ("c:\Test2.xls") Set XLSheet = Nothing XLBook.Close Set XLBook = Nothing XLApp.Quit Set XLApp = Nothing but I get the message objetvariable or blockvaria...

Excel 2007
Hi, I wanted to post a fix to a common problem I've seen. There are many posts on the internet concerning this but I've only seen the true fix once. Here's the problem, someone installs Office 2007 and then when they try to double click on an Excel file, it opens Excel but the Excel file itself does not open. So, you are left looking at the Excel 2007 screen, but it is blank with no workbooks open (not even the default one that usually opens). Here is the official Microsoft solution: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924074 - however, this only fixes about 20% of the case...

Converting database from Access 2002 to 2003
I am upgrading a pc from access 2002 to 2003 and an Access database I am using is not recognizing a field in 2003. Below are details to find where I am stuck: There is a form "FrmMembers" in Arbor.mdb and you look at the buttons "Print Acknowledgement" and "Print Ack Env". The buttons try to print a report that in 2003 just displays errors. If you go to the design view of "FrmMembers" and look in the field "PKID" there is an error for "Members.PKID" saying "Invalid Control Property: Control Source" "No Suc...

OWA login fails with Error: Access is Denied.
We are in the process of moving from one exchange server to another one, but having some troubles with OWA and login. On the first exchange server everything works fine with OWA, but on the second server OWA login fails after three atempts with "Error: Access is Denied." I have tried to compere settings on the two servers, but have not found differences. If I move an account from 2.server to 1.server OWA works, if I move it back OWA stops working. Reading email with Outlook works fine. We have Windows2003Server with sp1 and Exchange 2003 with Sp2 on both servers. The only difference ...

Office 2007 and Vista
I am contemplating on buying a new updated desktop computer that has vista as an operating system, what I am worried about is the ability to use my current Office 2007 which is installed on a PC with XP on the new PC with vista or am I going to have to buy a new version of Office? Jim Hello Jim, Vista 32 bit or Vista 64 bit? With Vista 32 bit no issue but with Vista 64 bit I would certainly go for Office 64 bit. Regards, Bernd One licence................one computer. To use Office on both computers you will need to purchase another copy of Office. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On ...

Microsoft 2007
I am trying to share a workbook - Toolbar, Review/Share Workbook - Each time, I get a message, the file is no longer shared and will not let me save. Any thoughts? -- Patty I think another person of your shared workbook might have removed you from the sharing. Otherwise the file has been moved to some other location. Save the current file in your local system and try to open the Original File from its actual location. -- Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps! -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- "Patty" wrote: > I am tryi...

2 part protection in Word 2007
Can you proctect a single word doc on two levels? One level allowing users to fill in the forms fields only. Second level allow track changes to only a certain part of the document. When the user fills in the form fields, track changes does not show it as a change but if a user makes any changes to a body of text, it tracks the changes. Thank you for the wisdom! No, Word's protection mechanisms aren't that selective. Besides, if you're using a protected form, the user can't edit anywhere except in the form fields unless they turn off protection. -- Regards,...

Creating forms in Access or Excel that link to Visio Documents
Does anybody have any experience with creating forms in access or excel that are integrated with Visio? How would I go about doing this? Access by definition can store 'objects', which can include visio drawings. If prompted, don't select display icon a.) create table add oledb field add text field for name b.) open table select oledb field and right click => insert new microsoft visio edit the new drawing and close it c.) create a form based on new table drag the oledb field onto the form d.) open the form what are you attempting to do? al &quo...

access database 03-16-10
I have created a siimple database project file but everytime I open or close my database, another file is created, ie I will see db1, db2 or db3 appearing in the same folder as my created database and of the same file size. Please help. When you save, save it with the same file name or it will make a new one. -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "Josephine Ng" wrote: > I have created a siimple database project file but everytime I open or close > my database, another file is created, ie I will see db1, db2 or db3 appearing > in the same folder ...

Data Validation in 2007
Is there a way to make the Data Validation dropdown list dispaly descriptions but when you select one it puts in the corrosponding ID instead? Example: Name: Phone # Smith 360-482-4747 Bowers 360-482-7878 Gates 360-482-8877 So when I'm in the cell and hit the drop down and Select "Bowers" - it actually saves the phone number "360-482-7878" instead of "Bowers" Not directly but in an adjacent cell you could use VLOOKUP to pickup the phone-number best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme r...

EXCHANGE 2007 MESSAGE SIZE LIMIT
Hello. I am running an environment with Exchange 2003 and 2007. Our message size limits are 50MB and have worked fine until 2007 was installed. Now, any users on the 2003 box have only a 10MB limit, even though it says 50MB in System Manager. I have also set the parameter on the command line on the Exchange 2007 server, but no dice. Users on the 2007 server work fine. I'm stuck ... any ideas? Have you checked message size limits on the Connector? Are you using an Edge server as well? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---...

Access 2007 Switchboard buttons stop working
Environments tested: Windows7, WindowsXP, Access 2007, Access 2003 Access data project (.adp) run in development mode in all tests. SQL Server 2005 back-end database. Trusted locations set up for all tests. The trusted location is the folder where the .adp resides, sub-folders included. Default file format: Access 2002-2003. I have a .adp application with a standard switchboard form as the main menu navigation. The buttons on the main switchboard form are used to launch forms, stored procedures, macros, and other child switchboard forms. The switchboard navigation buttons a...

collapse a specific mail folder from a macro in Outlook 2007
Hi, My Outlook 2007 archives emails to a "archivel" folder tree structure that is parallel to my mailbox folders. I've written a macro that switches between a folder and its archive (see below) As a safety measure, I want the "archivel" folder collapsed altogether when I switch back to the non-archive folder, so that I don't confuse its folders with the normal ones - any Idea how I do this? Thanx in advance. ---------------------------------- Sub SwitchBetweenCurrentFolderAndItsArchive() Dim names As Collection Set names = New Collection Dim cf As Folder Set cf =...

eResources 01-28-05
Is there anyway to edit / remove the eResources menu option that appear in the Account and Contact screens, I am not using the ISV.config option but even if I do there doesn't seem to be able to find anywhere to make the changes to the eResources menu. Many Thanks Biffo Hi I have since found out that this menu option is not configurable or even can be switch off, seems strange to me ??? The Biff "Biffo" wrote: > Is there anyway to edit / remove the eResources menu option that appear in > the Account and Contact screens, I am not using the ISV.config option but...

Developer Extensions for Access 2003...
Alright, This is one massive run-around. I have Office 2003 Complete. SO I have Access 2003. I have Visual Studio 2008 Professional. I downloaded the VSTO for 2005 which is supposedly the package for these Access Developer Extensions. When I went to install it, it only gave me the option to repair or uninstall. I looked through and found the folder where it updated during the repair process, (under Program Files\Common Files) but the only executable is install.exe! Where is the darn thing? I'm trying to set up my system so I can finalize the development of an Acce...

Smart Phone question
If I have a forms authentication web page, how can I tell if a visitor is coming from a Desktop or a smart phone? I'd like to redirect to a different page after logging in if coming from a smart phone. Thanks Dave wrote: > If I have a forms authentication web page, how can I tell if a visitor > is coming from a Desktop or a smart phone? I'd like to redirect to a > different page after logging in if coming from a smart phone. Use JavaScript to detect the client's screen resolution - that is, return screen.width and screen.height. On Jul 22, 7:29=A0pm, Dav...

VBA in 2007 interface programming question.
I am looking to do 2 things: 1) Capture data typed into the cell as it's typed before Enter is pushed 2) Create a box under the cell(like when you start to type in a formula and it provides the formulas that match what you type) Can someone point me in the right direction on what I should be looking for and I can figure out the code from there. Thanks! Macros do not run when you're in edit mode. You's need to position a textbox over the cell and have the user type in that. Maybe something here might work for you: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html ...

Field question
I looked for a standard field which might be called "company activity" meaning what business is the company involved. Strange that this is missing. Before I make a custom field perhaps someone would confirm? Beemer What program are you talking about? If Outlook, what version? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Beemer asked: | I looked for ...

With Due Respect, 2007 .....
With due respect, 2007 did include many improvements.. Faster editing/formating, extended conditional formating, better wizards, etc.. Be aware that some of the formating may not be compatible with 2003 versions... I actually lost much formating from 2007 during save. So if you share worksheets/books, make sure they are compatible before saving if someone will be using older versions... Just a note.. -- Mhz ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Mhz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35980 View this thread: h...