Access 2007 Reports - Specific printer doesn't "stick"

I'm using an Access 2000 mdb (split ends) in Access 2007. I cannot up-
convert because other terminals don't have Office 2007.

It works as a database just fine except:

When I try to change a (front end) report from the default printer to
another specific printer in design view, page setup, it all LOOKS good
except it does not save my changes upon return and goes back to the
default printer.

I never had this problem with earlier versions of Access and the
specific printer in questions works fine with other apps and
terminals.

Any ideas people? Many thanks.

JM

0
jomabey
10/17/2007 10:02:58 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

This is a known problem with Access 2007. We're hoping MS will fix it when
they release Service Pack 1 for Office 2007.

Just to confirm, it's in the list of bugs here:
    http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html#Bugs

"jomabey" <jomabey@msn.com> wrote in message
> I'm using an Access 2000 mdb (split ends) in Access 2007. I cannot up-
> convert because other terminals don't have Office 2007.
>
> It works as a database just fine except:
>
> When I try to change a (front end) report from the default printer to
> another specific printer in design view, page setup, it all LOOKS good
> except it does not save my changes upon return and goes back to the
> default printer.
>
> I never had this problem with earlier versions of Access and the
> specific printer in questions works fine with other apps and
> terminals.
>
> Any ideas people? Many thanks.
>
> JM

0
Allen

Windows CE 5.0, USB memory stick, autorun batch file
hi, how can i automatically start a batch file (e.g. autorun.bat) from an usb stick when it is inserted into Windows CE 5.0 machine? Regards, Marko Check this out - http://geekswithblogs.net/BruceEitman/archive/2008/06/13/windows-ce-monitoring-for-disk-insertion-to-add-support-for.aspx "Juusos" wrote: > hi, > > how can i automatically start a batch file (e.g. autorun.bat) from an > usb stick when it is inserted into Windows CE 5.0 machine? > > Regards, > > Marko > . > The code in that article looks for exe files to run,...

How to make the color change stick in a PivotChart
I have a PivotChart (bar chart). When I format a data series and chang the color of the bar, it changes color OK. However, when I refresh th PivotChart, the color reverts to the default. Can you help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com > I have a PivotChart (bar chart). When I format a data series and change > the color of the bar, it changes color OK. However, when I refresh the > PivotChart, the color reverts to the default. Can you help? For the "parent" table, uncheck AutoFormat in Table Options. HTH, Andy Thanks, but that didn't work. I did not...

Annotations sticking to data point & data table
Hello! I know that many people have asked the question here, but I can't seem to figure it out. The data I use is a 'rolling' 12 month calendar (in my example below they only want to see a rolling 7 quarters). I add annotations currently with a textbox for specific months until that month 'rolls' off my chart when the month's data is no longer displayed. I have downloaded the free add-in for the XYCharting, but it doesn't seem to work for me. When I hide the column with the data I no longer want to display, the data label does not move as it is supposed to. My...

Field name alias does not stick
I am using Access 2003. I'm working with two tables and 2 queries: Table 1: "PM_Time" - standard Access table Table 2: "Lookup_PM" - Links to a sharepoint list Query 1: "Lookup_PM query" - combines table 2 with another table Query 2: "PM_Time_Lookup_PM_Query" - combines Query 1 and table 1 I have a field "Country" in both tables. in the second Query (PM_Time_Lookup_PM_Query), I've renamed the Country field in "Lookup_PM Query" as "Location of PM: Lookup_PM query.Country" This works fine for my reports, as...

pst on a usb stick
hello, I keep my .pst on my usb stick so that I am always synchronized between my work and home computers. That is, I dont need a syn program, nor I need to keep my pst file on a server... Yet, the prcossecing on the pst file takes time... For ex, when i delete a file, it takes a bit of time to delete it. Like 5-10 seconds. I see my usb stcik lits during the process. Is there a way to speed up the this processing? Although my usb stick and computer are the fastest of today? Hi exciter, if you still use USB 2.0 it is the fastest "connection" and you can not speedup Outloo...

"Combo Box
Greetings, I am using a combo box from the control toolbar and every time I print or print preview, it moves the combo box placement on the worksheet. How can I get the combo box to stay in place? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;838910 Controls move to the left of the worksheet in Microsoft Excel 2002 But Jim Rech recently posted this: This article is now obsolete. Since the 10/12/2004 security patch there is no need to get a hotfix (although this article does not directly mention this fix, it's in there). http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;e...

Cell selection sticking
Every time I select a cell, the selection sticks causing the selected cell to drag continuously. I cannot click off of it, or select anything. To get it to stop I have to ctrl-alt-del. A previous post had the same issue back in January. One reply of hitting F8 was posted. This does not help. Are there any other suggestions? Thank you. Just hazarding a guess here .. could it be a worn-out mouse / keyboard problem ?? -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "kolya" <kolya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8031D785-7C86-45C5-B1B4-C1E...

Form modifications not sticking
I was trying to modify the SOP Trx Entry and POP Trx Entry screens to make the customer name and vendor name fields non-editable. In modifier, I set the values for editable to false and when I left the field, it would revert back to true. Is there a way around this? Our users never have the need to change these fields and quite frequently they type over them by mistake. TIA GP7.5 MSSQL eggman, When you say that you change to non-editable using modifier, have you granted permission to the modified form in security? An alternate approach, again using modifier, would be to change the fie...

Problem with uploading fom Microsoft Works Word Processor to stick
After 9 automatic updates were received on April 15th 2010 I haven't been able to upload work from Microsoft Works Word processor to memory stick. Uploads were KB981715, KB981332, KB978601, KB978338, KB980232, KB979683, KB977816, KB970309 & KB976002. I think the 1st one listed is probably the offending download, but don't want to remove it if I'm wrong has anyone any idea what to do as I need to uplaod the relevant piece of work to take to my computer course -- Frustrated Hello Lizzie, Further information required: How to view the Update log in Windows ...

Random Emails are sticking in the Outbox
This appears to be a common problem and there are numerous postings around the net. I have not been able to find a good solutions yet however. Here is the situation... I have a few clients who are using Outlook 2003 SP2 on Windows XP SP2. Outlook is connected to Exchange 2003, in Cached Mode. Every once in a while (building in frequency however, becoming annoying) emails that are sent get stuck in the Outbox. There does not appear to be a pattern to it, and it is not directly repeatable. I logged onto the computer in question and sent a series of 25 emails over a period of 30 minutes to...

Windows XP Home Sticks going into Hibernation/standby
It just sticks on the blue screen going into hibernation or standby when I chooseto put it in. Any ides would be helpful. Not sue this is the correct thread as wll. On Jan 19, 7:10=A0am, Bob <B...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > It just sticks on the blue screen going into hibernation or standby when = I > chooseto put it in. > > Any ides would be helpful. =A0Not sue this is the correct thread as wll. Which blue screen is that - an empty blue screen or does it have some words on it? Has it ever worked before and what do you think has changed if it used...

Fuel Tank Formula's For Dip sticks
Could you put the question in the message space and be less economical with words? -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "DENNIS" <DENNIS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A93CCBB9-46B5-4C41-8265-BD56A8737536@microsoft.com... > I think I have a strong feeling what you need. Is it possible that you need an Excel formula to calculate the volume in a tank depending on the height of the fluid (as measured by a dipstick)? Is this is so, you need to give some more data. What is its cross-section (circular, elliptical, ...

how to autofill formular, stick, based on paste operation ?
I will try my best to explain this so that people aren't confused, unlike my previous post, which didn't seem like it was clear. Ok, I have a Excel spreadsheet.. There are columns A - N in it.. and Rows 0 - 10 are filled with formulas and headers and other info... Column N has this formula: =NETWORKDAYS(J11,K11)-1 which calculates two date ranges, in J and K columns. I get that data from a different sheet, and I copy it, position my mouse at A11 and paste it, and then all the rows below A10 are filled... Everyday, I need to clear the rows A11 and down, for a new day, and I paste...

Can a virus exist within the RedadyBoost cache of a USD memory stick?
Hi, I've observed some weird behavior that suggests a computer virus can exist within the RedadyBoost cache of a USD memory stick. I had a hard time formatting and needed to yank the stick out and put it back in before format would work. Am I being superstitious or is there anything to this. What is in a USB memory ReadyBoost cache? Any executable code? In article <uobbwdFULHA.4576@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>, nospam@nospam.com says... > > Hi, > > I've observed some weird behavior that suggests a computer virus can exist > within the RedadyBoo...

Backup to memory stick
I'm using Money 2006 Deluxe. I've set the program to automatically backup to a folder on a memory stick. It backs up ok, but the program is not deleting the old files as it should. I now have the setting to keep only the 1 most recent backup file. Any suggestions? Learn to deal with it. This is a common complaint. "John9210" <John9210@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE360536-630E-400B-BDDB-4CA0961D1B90@microsoft.com... > I'm using Money 2006 Deluxe. I've set the program to automatically backup > to > a folder on a memory stick. I...

Reading sectors (MBR) from USB memory stick
Hello, Some time ago i sucseeded with the aid of readers from these newsgroups, in reading and writing raw to a sector on a USB stick under VB6. The solution was to us the following calls: Private Declare Function ReadFile Lib "kernel32" (ByVal hFile As Long, lpBuffer As Any, ByVal nNumberOfBytesToRead As Long, lpNumberOfBytesRead As Long, ByVal lpOverlapped As Any) As Long Private Declare Function WriteFile Lib "kernel32" (ByVal hFile As Long, lpBuffer As Any, ByVal nNumberOfBytesToWrite As Long, lpNumberOfBytesWritten As Long, ByVal lpOverlapped As Any) As Lon...

USB stick Drive letter allocation
I have a USB memory stick which needs to be assigned as drive D - because that is where software is specifically writing to. However, if I boot up without the USB memory stick another drive (the CD) is allocated to the now missing drive letter and I have to re-assign both of them to regain drive letter D. Is there a way to stop D being assigned to another drive - even if there is nothing there at the time of boot up? Thanks. Bill Bill R wrote: > I have a USB memory stick which needs to be assigned as drive D - because > that is where software is specifically...

Access 2007 Reports
I'm using an Access 2000 mdb (split ends) in Access 2007. I cannot up- convert because other terminals don't have Office 2007. It works as a database just fine except: When I try to change a (front end) report from the default printer to another specific printer in design view, page setup, it all LOOKS good except it does not save my changes upon return and goes back to the default printer. I never had this problem with earlier versions of Access and the specific printer in questions works fine with other apps and terminals. Any ideas people? Many thanks. JM This is a known prob...

new password for newsgroup won't stick!
I changed the password to Outlook and it works fine. However, when I go to newsgroups, it asks for my password. I have gone into Tools/News/Accounts and changed the password and asked to remember it. It doesn't, even after rebooting. How can I get my new mail password to "stick" in newsgroup? Thanks ...

Changes not sticking
I am having a strange issue with a Reporting Service 2005 instance. Whenever I try to change a parameter default on a report by going to report properties, parameters, and changing the default value, the new value stays if I run the report - but if I close my browser and go back to the report, the previous default is there. Also in the same folder I uploaded a report, and then tried to delete it. It looked like it deleted, but when I go back to the folder the report is still there. If I try to delete it, I get an error that it isn't found. However, other people who navigate to...

Memory stick crashes Word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When I try to save Word docs to flash drives / memory sticks, I get the spinning beach ball and have eventually to force Word to quit. Sometimes even then it stays upset, crashing again once the stick has been removed. It seems to happen with new and old sticks, and with ones that have and have not been used on PCs as well - and even afflicts both my older Pro and my new Air. I've searched the web and this doesn't seem to be a 'known thing'. Can anyone help? <br> Thanks, <br> Greg ...

Customization to a Contact Form Does NOT Stick
Everytime I try to add a field in a Contact form, the change does not stick. I have administrator rights, followed the instructions to customize a form to the t. The instructions entailed going to: Home -> Settings Settings tab -> System Customization Record Management -> Contacts Add Fields -select fields to add ok - > save work On the CRM server Start -> Programs -> Microsoft CRM -> Deployment Manager Right click: Deployment Manager -> All Tasks ->Publish Customization Select form customized Add Finish OK Restart IIS After performing these steps, I get b...

Any advantage to sticking to older .net frameworks?
Hi Guys, Quick one I hope. Is there any advantage to developing under older frameworks, such as 2.0 or 3.0 now that 3.5 is out and v4.0 is in the making? Thanks & all the best, - Ed 2.0 will run on Windows 98 and 2000. 3.0 and later require XP or Windows Server 2003. Mike. "Ed." <tinman_x@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ec2RhbicKHA.4780@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi Guys, > Quick one I hope. Is there any advantage to developing under older > frameworks, such as 2.0 or 3.0 now that 3.5 is out and v4.0 is in the > making? &...

My message views don't stick
No matter how I change the views I have of my message folder, when I click-away and click-back they revert to some default setting e.g. if I change column widths and then click away/click back to the folder then the columns have reverted to their original settings. Same goes for any other setting e.g. auto preview. Help! Is Outlook corrupt? I've tried changing the View-Arrange by settings but nothing seems to work. Bobby Have you tried resetting the view in question? View | Arrange By | Current View | Define Views, select the view and click Reset. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook ...

Excel 2003 sticks to the low macro security level
Hello! Excel 2003 sp2 and sp3 do not remember the macro security level. Excel returns the level to low after any change of the level. How to prevent a macro to run when Excel 2003 sp2 and sp3 open a file with a macro? Best regards Dima That's one of the settings that's stored in the windows registry. If it's not sticking, maybe you don't have permission to update the registry? Time to talk to the IT folks????? If you're opening the file manually, you can old the shift (left shift???) key down while you open the workbook. This won't stop macros in general, but...