Access 2007 -- Disable autofiltering in datasheets?

Hello Everyone,

I just stumbled onto something interesting and was wondering if anyone
else has experienced it and how they fixed it.

I've got a datasheet subform developed in an Access 2003 database.
Users can click on a row and delete the record on the datasheet.
However, when we open the database using Access 2007, Access 2007 sets
autofiltering on each column, so I can't select the row--only
columns.

I can't seem to find how to disable this feature in the Access 2007
Options area.

Thanks for your help.
0
WPW07
3/6/2008 8:47:39 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

will be interested if someone knows

I don't have datasheet as subforms - just continuous forms as subforms; and
on these I have no problem deleting a row in 07....just put cursor all the
way to left where the active arrow is...and cut....

you could whip up a form I suppose as a test work-around to see if works
with a form and replace the datasheet....
--
NTC

"WPW07" wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I just stumbled onto something interesting and was wondering if anyone
> else has experienced it and how they fixed it.
>
> I've got a datasheet subform developed in an Access 2003 database.
> Users can click on a row and delete the record on the datasheet.
> However, when we open the database using Access 2007, Access 2007 sets
> autofiltering on each column, so I can't select the row--only
> columns.
>
> I can't seem to find how to disable this feature in the Access 2007
> Options area.
>
> Thanks for your help.

AllowFilters=false on the data tab in the property sheet with the form
selected..

Cheers

"WPW07" <wwisnieski@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I just stumbled onto something interesting and was wondering if anyone
> else has experienced it and how they fixed it.
>
> I've got a datasheet subform developed in an Access 2003 database.
> Users can click on a row and delete the record on the datasheet.
> However, when we open the database using Access 2007, Access 2007 sets
> autofiltering on each column, so I can't select the row--only
> columns.
>
> I can't seem to find how to disable this feature in the Access 2007
> Options area.
>
> Thanks for your help.

0
Clint
3/7/2008 5:44:28 AM
Thanks, but that didn't correct the problem.  Does anyone know what
Microsoft has to say about this issue?  I can't seem to find anything
in the KB either.  Is it a known bug?

On Mar 7, 12:44 am, "Clint" <cli...@nospam.com> wrote:
> AllowFilters=false on the data tab in the property sheet with the form
> selected..
>
> Cheers
>
> "WPW07" <wwisnie...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Hello Everyone,
>
> > I just stumbled onto something interesting and was wondering if anyone
> > else has experienced it and how they fixed it.
>
> > I've got a datasheet subform developed in an Access 2003 database.
> > Users can click on a row and delete the record on the datasheet.
> > However, when we open the database using Access 2007, Access 2007 sets
> > autofiltering on each column, so I can't select the row--only
> > columns.
>
> > I can't seem to find how to disable this feature in the Access 2007
> > Options area.
>
> > Thanks for your help.

0
WPW07

filepath excel 2007
Hi, I would like to know if there is a better way to do this. I have 4 worksheets (WH1, WH2 etc) that linked the value of 1 workbook to another WH1 cell X34 i have a formula ='O:\path\path\path\[filename July 2009.xlsx]Rpt'!$K$84 WH2 cell X34 i have a formula ='O:\path\path\path\[filename July 2009.xlsx]Rpt'!$H$83 The thing that changes is month in the filename & the cell that it links to eg. K84. Currently i import a text file so i only have to change those 2 values. -- HT Just do it with Find-Replace. You could even put the target and replacement values in c...

Issue with While loop and Access 2007 datasheet
Hello Guys, I have modified the order details form in Northwind 2007 and I am having an issue I hope you can help me with. It is a form with a dataaheet that you use to enter line items into a transaction. Each row contains the fields ITEMNAME, QUANTITY PRICE, DISCOUNT, SUBTOTAL, BENEFIT TYPE. Each line item in a transaction should be assigned to a particular benefit type. I have a piece of code that goes through the data sheet and checks to make sure that the benefit type field is not empty. The problem I am having is that if I enter 3 items and dont put a benefit type for any ...

I am working in MS access 2007 , I have a subform contains two fields
I am working in MS access 2007 , I have a subform contains two fields customer name (type text) and customer selected (type yes/no) , one of these customer has a value 'ALL' , the question is : is there a way when i click in the customer selected field that has the customer name 'ALL' , to select all the records of the customer (mean add tic in all customer selected) ? any one could tell me how to do that ? ...

Can receive but not send e-mails in Outlook 2007
I can receive e-mails, but cannot send them. I have tried to read through all the other discussion threads, but not sure if they are quite the same as my problem. I get this error message; Task 'Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' All my settings are correct, but since I have been connected to my house mates secure internet connection, I cant send e-mails. ...

floppy not accessible in a drive #2
I've been having trouble with "A" drive in Excel. I put in the disc to update it with information and it will not retrieve any material previously put on the disc and indicates "a drive not accessible - may be formatted for macintosh"...then everything n my disc is gone and i can't access the "A" drive anymore. What is happening here....what am I doing wrong.? L. Findlay First, it's not a good idea to work directly off a floppy. Better to use windows explorer to copy to your local harddrive, work on it there, then use windows explorer to copy ...

how do i get a 2003 poweropint file to work on 2007?
i am having trouble getting my project to work on the school computers. The school has the latest version but i only have 2003... i need your help!! We need a little more information on what actually does not work. There should be no problem running a 2003 presentation in a 2007 environment. -- Michael Koerner MS MVP - PowerPoint "djh" <djh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17CA4BB2-3ED9-4E0E-B8E1-3ABFF9EAEB0A@microsoft.com... i am having trouble getting my project to work on the school computers. The school has the latest version but i onl...

Outlook 2007 calendar day/week/mo view
Vista Ult When I have the current view set to Day/Week/Mo (with or without auto preview) the screen ALWAYS defaults to the Day view. I have tried resetting the view to defaults; closing Outlook and rebooting; changing the view to something else and then changin back... nothing seems to work. Thoughts? Alex Have you tried starting Outlook one time with the /cleanviews switch? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratch...

upgrading access 2000 to access 2002 on home pc
Does anyone know how to upgrade access 2000 to access 2002 without unistalling the complete ms office xp suite? I assume you mean "without installing the complete ms office xp suite", not "without uninstalling..." When you go to install Office XP, you'll be prompted as to whether or not you want to remove previous versions of Office. Don't. You'll also have an option to do a Custom installation: select that, and ensure that only the Access components are checked. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (No private e-mails, please) &l...

Access to more than one business unit
We have 4 business units attached to the top level unit. I have a user who needs access to 2 business units. I don't want to put him on the top level unit as it will give him access to all 4 business unit data and I don't want to share the second business unit's record for what I know it only share the records one off means the new records that will be added won't be shared. Is there a way around to this issue? Thanks Jas ...

Access 2003 popup calendar
I have been able to add a nice popup calendar when I click into a data field on my Access 2003 form. But the date only gets placed into the field once I move out of the field and into another. I would like it to populate the field as soon as I click on the date in the calendar. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Here is my code: TrainingDateCal.Visible = True TrainingDateCal.SetFocus If Not IsNull(Training_Date) Then Training_Date.Value = TrainingDateCal.Value Else TrainingDateCal.Value = Date End If Thanks very much in advance! Jeff Wilson Strange...it seems like my problem is wh...

email from access 02-21-08
-- This is probably a simple procedure but my access knowledge is limited. How do i open outlook on a new email with the address already in the to field by clicking on an email address in a form Jamie You can go: application.FollowHyperlink "mailto: kallal@msn.com ?subject= overdue bill" So, if you had a field on the form that was a email address, then application.FollowHyperlink "mailto: " & me!Email & " ?subject= overdue bill" the above will launch your default email client with the email, and also the subject in place.... -- Albert D. Kall...

Access 2000 Runtime 02-13-10
I have a small database written in Access 2000 which I want to install on the laptops of travelling employees. I understand a runtime version could be created and loaded without the need for licences or Access installed on each laptop - is that correct? I also understand a Developers kit is needed to create a runtime db but the version for Access 2000 is no longer available. What are my options? Thick Mike wrote: > I have a small database written in Access 2000 which I want to install on > the laptops of travelling employees. > I understand a runtime version could ...

Exchange 2007 Backup
Dear All, We are having Exchange 2007 installed on Windows 2008 Enterprise edition. Is it possible to take exchange 2007 streaming backup using windows 2003 server using Esebcli2.dll register. (Selecting remote store from NTBACKUP) If it is possible, what should be the os version of windows 2003 (Enterprise/Standard) (32bit/64bit)? Let me know if any additional steps require to resotre the exchange bakcup using Ntbackup. Regards, KedarT ...

How to access the total number of child nodes from a parent node

Externally accessing OWA on 2 internal 2K Exchange Server
Hi All. Several users use OWA externally across the internet (not VPN), using a DNS entry which points to an external interface on a router which then forwards the traffic on to an old internal Exchange 2K server. I have just installed a second Exchange 2K server and I’m in the process of moving users over to it. However, any user using OWA externally who has been moved across onto the new Exchange server now cannot access their mailbox on the new server. I have tried this internally and the old Exchange server simply redirects the request to the new Exchange server. I realise that I...

Helix Express 3.5 (Mac) --> MS Access?
I have a relative who runs a tiny biz using Helix Express 3.5 on a Mac (www.helixtech.com). I'd like to explore the option of moving her to Access under Windows, but the database contains not only data but also forms. It's an odd database though. I can't even see how one accesses the underlying tables of data. She had the database custom developed for her many, many years ago, and only interacts with it through various forms, which enable her to enter data on customers and services, and produce custom reports, mailing labels, form letters, etc. Her needs are rather modest, but she...

Access 2007 Specifications
Hi all, I currently use Access 2003, but I have previously looked at a beta version of Office 2007. In the Beta version I was able to create tables with more than 255 columns. This is a feature I am particularly interested in. I just noticed that according to Microsoft http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA100307391033.aspx the table limit in 2007 is 255 columns. Can someone who has 2007 let me know if you can have more than 255 columns? I am also interested in if there is a 2GB file size limit in Access 2007. Does anyone know? Thanks Kerry I have Access 2007 and 255 is the max...

Coonect to access with password
Hi. I use this code to connect to my database at work. Set con = New ADODB.Connection con.Provider = "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0" con.Open ThisWorkbook.Path & "\my.mdb" Now I want to protect the database with a password. But it does't work. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** dim cs as string Set con = New ADODB.Connection cs = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & _ ThisWorkbook.Path & "\mydb.mdb;" & _ "Jet OLE...

Objectsi n Frames Word 2007
Is it possible to have floating objects in frames? I have a user that is having trouble doing that. Is there a trick to it? Thank you. Frames are no longer an option in Word. This functionality is in Publisher. "LisaK" wrote: > Is it possible to have floating objects in frames? I have a user that is > having trouble doing that. Is there a trick to it? > > Thank you. Frames are certainly still available in Word, just a little harder to access. You can add the Insert Frame button to the QAT or access it in the Legacy Forms tools on the Developer...

Audit Trials
Suggested on behalf of Paul Farkas - TGO Consulting Inc. (9054706830): "I would like to make a Prodcut Suggestion that in a future release of this functionality, the ability to delete user access be available through the Dynamics interface. I am sure that many organizations will set up user access by mistake or will change their minds as to who they grant audit access to." ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane....

Repair damaged Access 2003 DB
Under compaction of the DB the network failed, and the db is damaged. According to KB-artikel 283849, Steps for trying to repair a damaged db, 4.: The repairing methode is to try and open the db as a Web-side - It does not work for me. All I have to is to get the tables out. Can any body help? Yours Jens Olsen Mak a copy of the database first. Try compacting your database using Jetcomp, available at http://support.microsoft.com/?id=273956 If that fails, try creating a new database and importing objects from the old. If that fails, you can try www.pksolutions.com -- Joan Wild Mic...

installing outlook 2007
Being a complete and utter luddite I am reluctant to do the install without advice from those who know. I deleted Office 2003 recently and installed the student version of Office 2007 without realizing it did not come with outlook - I just purchased Outlook07 and have two email addys that I need - one business, the other personal. I really need step-by-step guidance. Anyone? Thanks!! You can simply install Outlook 2007 then and run Microsoft Update to install the latest updates for it. If you had already configured Outlook 2003 with those accounts, then your account ...

Access 2007 and connecting to SQL server 2008
Hi all, I am running Office 2007, Sql Server 2008 dev, and Visual Studio 2008 pro on the same machine! Machine OS is windows Vista Ultimate x64. I cannot seam to connect to my SQL server from access. Now, I have tried to Upsize with Access (option 1 - Creat a new DB and this goes to select server, then name the DB, and click OK, well, this then specifies a message that upsizing wizzard does not work with version of SQL Server, contact MS for info and updates) Same message with SQL 2005! (Option 2 - When I use existing DB, I have to determine a file data source and DNS which I ha...

Can you use autofilter and a graph together?
I'm trying to use autofilter to select a single line of data (the uppermost) then graph it. Unfortunately When I select the source data for my graph (A4 through IH4) then use autofilter it doesn't select the top row of data, instead it still graphs the same row targeted before the filter process. How do I get it to graph the row beneath my autofilter drop down list? In a nutshell, can you use autofilter to select the line of data you wish to graph? Thanx in advance! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and pos...

limit user access to one client machine
It has been a while. How do I limit user access (login) to only one client machine in AD in Windows 2003 server? Thanks, Dooma wrote: > It has been a while. How do I limit user access (login) to only one > client machine in AD in Windows 2003 server? > > Thanks, One specific machine or one machine per user at one time? -- /kj Bring up the user object within Active Directory Users and Computers, select the Account tab and click on the "Log On To" button. -- Paul Bergson MVP - Directory Services MCITP - Enterprise Administrator MCTS,...