Access 2007 Application title

Ok this is really silly, how do I get the file name of the currently open db
in the title bar above the ribbon?  Going to access options current
database, if I select overlapping windows the title disappears, seems to
only work with tabbed documents(I'm not overly fond of tabbed documents)?  I
am often working on more than one db..this title helps me keep track of
which db I'm in.  Is there some other setting I'm missing or am going to
have to bite the bullet and get to like tabbed documents.

Thanks

0
Dale
3/2/2008 2:55:09 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Powerpoint 2007 is Making Me Crazy
When I am zoomed in doing fine editing on a large object, how do I stop the view from jumping back to the center of the object each time I release the mouse button? Apply SP2 for Office 2007. It fixes this problem. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "BhuddaPest" <BhuddaPest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57229096-C852-4B8A-95D3-6BACDBE76C17@microsof...

Access 97 on Win XP ? Help ?
Hi, We have upgraded our PC from Win 98 SE to Win XP. Also changed to MS Office 2000. All went well, except the old Access 97 database that we had now gives us a strange message. I don't know Access at all, can anyone help me ? When I try to open the database in Access 2000, it wants us to convert or just open. Either option just says "The Visual Basic for Applications project in the database is corrupt" What does this mean, and how do I fix the problem. I tried installing MS Office 97 again, but this also does not work. Gives an error about objects. We would prefer t...

Main Access window: reposition
Hello,is there any chance to treat main Access window's reposition? As far as I know there's no Reposition event in Access. I have a floating form which displays within the area of the first toolbar of main form (just below the title) and I'd like to move it together with main Access's window.Or is there any way how to display a label or a textboxt within a toolbar?TIAVlado On Mar 6, 5:34 pm, Vladim=EDr Cvajniga <nos...@thank.you> wrote:> Hello,>> is there any chance to treat main Access window's reposition? As far as I> know there's no Reposition even...

Outlook 2003 access to Hamster IMAP fails
I was using Outlook 2003 with Hamster Classic 2.0.0.1 Everything was fine until the Microsoft update 2 weeks ago. When I closed Outlook the processor went to 100%. This seems to be a know bug of Hamster 2.0.0.1 based on pasts posts to the Hamster newsgroup. I therefore upgraded Hamster to 2.1.0.11. Now Outlook 2003 continually locks up. There are no problems with Outlook 2002 or any other email client including Thunderbird and Outlook Express. The issue is limited to Outlook 2003. The older version of Hamster did not support IDLE. I believe the problem is connected to IDLE. Is there a w...

Online form ~ I have word 2003 and 2007
Hello, I am trying to create an online form that will allow for a limited amount of characters per field. For example: Name: 20 Characters at length and so on Date: 15 Characters Title of the reading: 40 characters Please advise, Thanks -- astro44 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader an...

exchange OWA mzil boxes access rigths
Guys, hello to everyone, who will try you help or just to read this post. Here is my problem. I have started a new job, this company migrated exchange 2000 to 2003. OWA was not working I have modified some to the setting within the IIS; it works now, but......... When I open my mail box at the first time, it asks for password, after I put the password and I am seeing my mail box, I can simply change just the user name part, On the browser and get to entire company e-mail boxes without supplying a password. Looks real cool to be hones I can read everyone's e-mail. What is the way to have OW...

Problem of Deployment Office 2007 by using GPO Startup Script
Hi All, I'm now trying to deploy Office 2007 by using GPO Startup Script. However the script returns "Permission Denied" to me. I follow the instruction in TechNet to assign the network share with "Read, Read & Execute, and List" permission to "Domain Computers" object. The script is working fine in Logon script. Wondering what is the problem.... thanks for everyone help. Ricky ...

VPN Access 03-23-06
Hi - I had CRM working via VPN satisfactorily until i decided to change the IP address of the CRM server. When this started causing problems i changed it back to the original IP address again. All users from within the LAN can access without difficulty, but the VPN users now cannot connect. They were connecting throught the following URL http://crm:5555 --> To combat this i published the CRM server externally through ISA 2000, that seemed to work ok until users tried to access reports, they got a page cannot be displayed error. Any ideas as this is really driving me nuts? -- Help ...

Accessing Outlook data from database or programatically from ASP.NET
Hi all! I'm not sure whether I post this in the correct group but nevertheless, here is my problem: I would like to manipulate Outlook data (tasks, contacts, calendar, etc.) programatically from an ASP.NET apllication, more precisely I would like to be able to add and change contacts and enter events to calendar in the Outlook from a web application. Now, the logical way seemed to be to link from an MS Access database to objects within Outlook and then to access those tables from within my ASP.NET code. However, I've noticed something strange: for example, the linked table &qu...

Accessing historical payroll data after PR module has been deactiv
I have a customer that is going to de-activate their GP Payroll module to use an outside Payroll service provider, but they still want to access their historical Payroll data. If they go thru the process of of formally de-activating their Payroll module, and are issued new registration keys that don't include Payroll, is there a way they can see their historical payroll data past 1 year using the Inquiry function? Is there a way to see the historical information using the Report Writer? Thanks, Mark Report Writer would probably work but you'd have to run the reports from with...

Office Home & Student 2007 11-30-09
I recently purchased Office Home & Student 2007 upgrade for my Sony computer. I inadvertantly deleted Works prior to the installation. As a result, I received an error when trying to install and unable to proceed. Any advice on working around this? Thanks Use the original Works media to insert when Office asks for a qualifying upgrade product. "Doctor D" <Doctor D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEF7B130-77A5-4C0E-AFC3-DF6745C78244@microsoft.com... :I recently purchased Office Home & Student 2007 upgrade for my Sony computer. ...

Access text box
I was trying to add text boxes to my database in form design view, which worked fine up until the moment when i was back in form or table view. For some reason when I add detail in one of the cells of the new column it was automatically copied to every other cell in that new column. This has only been happening with the new columns and the ones I created using the wizard when starting the database seem to be working fine. What can I do about this? On 25 mrt, 12:19, FernP <Fe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I was trying to add text boxes to my database in form desig...

Importing Data From Access Problem
I'm trying to import some query results from MS Access into Excel using the Import External Data function. Some of the queries are coming across OK, others are only bringing the column headers across and some are bringing partial data. Does anyone have any ideas why this may be happening? Thanks Helena ...

Access corrupt files DBF?
Access corrupt files DBF? "Frank Dulk" <fdulk@bol.com.br> wrote: >Access corrupt files DBF? What is your question? I see you're from Brazil. Have you asked your question in the Portuguese Access newsgroup? microsoft.public.pt.access. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messages. Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm Tony's Microsoft Access Blog - http://msmvps.com/blogs/access/ "Frank D...

Outlook Web Access feature in Active Directory
Hello, I just noticed a strange thing for some users in our domain in Windows 2003 We have an exchange 2003 server and for a few users, in the "Exchange features" tab, the protocol "Outlook Web access" is missing. So, they can't do OWA. But, all our other users have this feature and OWA is enabled. How can I add this missing feature . Thanks for your help Henry-Georges MICHON Sounds like you'll have to add it in adsiedit. Have a look at the attributes for an account that is working and find out what is different with your non-functioning account and make the...

OWA 2007 Performance issues
I have been using Exchange 07 for a couple of weeks now and really like it. But, I'm having performance issues with OWA from the outside world. Internally, OWA is lightining fast, but from the outside, it is as slow as a dog. So I don't think it is the server that is causing this, but rather my bandwith to the outside world. Has anyone else experienced this? Does anyone have an idea how much bandwidth is needed for OWA to perform well? OWA 2003 was much faster than 07 and I'm wondering if I made a mistake upgrading. Thanks. Jay Becker "Jay Becker" <JayBe...

User Can't Access OWA From Hotel
The user can access their OWA email from anywhere except for this hotel room. Has anyone seen this? Is there any change that can be made on the server? In the hotel they can get to all their other email accounts (yahoo, hotmail, gmail...) so it kind of looks bad. We are a small IT department. We have Windows Server 2003 and Exchange 2003 On Apr 16, 8:13=A0am, icccapital <icccapi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > The user can access their OWA email from anywhere except for this hotel r= oom. > =A0Has anyone seen this? =A0Is there any change that can be made o...

Exchange 2007 disk space question
Hi, We have around 500 mailboxes and our Mailbox database is getting very large. We may soon be running low on disk space on the server. The server is attached to a SAN but the SAN is pretty much full. We cannot asign more space to the drives where the database store sits. We are using LCR. Can we move the store to another network location or does the disk have to be attached to the exchange server. Does moving the mailboxes to a newly created store really get much space back. When a consultant did our migration from 2003 to 2007 a couple of years ago I did not notice mu...

accessing an exchange 5.5 Server from a diferant Domain
I have a few users that are members of sister offices. Since they are working with us they needed to get email form our Exchange 5.5 Server. They are a member of deferent 2000 domains we are on 2003. I gave them an account on our domain and a mailbox and when you go to set up the Outlook client the application see the account but they can not access the server. What do I need to do? What outlook client are they using? You have to select the option in outlook to not use authentication, when you do that, they will get an authentication box, that will let them put in the correct user...

Office 2007 Professional: Help Files Issues
Gents, I cannot find a solution to this odd issue and before I submit a support ticket I thought I would ask the community. We have office 2007 professional (volume licensing) on a Window 2003 terminal server. We have a few users out of a bunch that get the "This page is unavailable" I have tried the Refresh and back. I've tried online and offline modes. In offline I get the table of contents to the left but same unavailable message when I click the links. I noticed on testing some other users, that apparently never used the help. That there are some prompts...

Error message when copying Excel Pie Chart to Word (in Office 2007
I am getting an error and Excel is shutting down when I try to copy/ paste special (as a bitmap, or windows metafile, or picture, etc) a pie chart using colored data labels for each part of the chart. If I turn off these label by color boxes and just use a plain label or a lable with a line, the copy/paste special works fine. These pie charts were created in Excel 2003 and then the file was converted to Excel 2007 format. The Word version that I am using is 2007, but the file is still in compatibility mode with a 2003 word file. (I also tried this using 2007 to 2007 type files and it ga...

EXCEL 2007
I have a GIS application which uses .dbf files (not sure if they are actually Dbase files). When I need to append data (fields) to the files, I have a big problem in that excel 2007 no longer allows save as / export to .dbf files. If I try bring the data in MS Access and save as .dbf files, I have untold problems with the GIS application... The only way I have been successful with this is to find a user with an older version of excel, insert the data as database columns and then save as .dbf Any suggestions as to how I can get around this with out purchasing a converter? ...

Open access in oxn user workspace
Hi, I have multiple access front end object that are not multi user. Is it possible (and how of course) to open a access front end object in is own workspace? Thx use Access Data Projects and give everyone their own database that way, everything is in one place, instead of in 100 different files for each user On Apr 27, 3:21 am, HDI <h...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have multiple access front end object that are not multi user. > > Is it possible (and how of course) to open a access front end object > in is own workspace? > > Thx you should just u...

Import excel named range into Access error 3011
Hi, I've read a few posts on this topic, but none addresses my particular problem. I use Office 2003 on an XP SP3 machine. I am using transferspreadsheet to import a named range in an excel file into Access. This has worked beautifully until suddenly it stopped working. I find now that if I extract the address of the named range from within the Access VBA code, it looks like this: =#REF!$A$1:$Z$166 rather than this, which is what it should be: =Data!$A$1:$Z$166 When I open the spreadsheet and get the address of the named range in the immediate window, it also has the #REF error....

Disabled Trust access to visual basic project checkbox
I am working on some code that uses COM to manipulate VB code in Excel. I know that my users need to check the "Trust access to Visual Basic project" checkbox in Excel's security settings in order to access VBProjects. However, one of my beta testers reports that the checkbox is disabled on his machine and we can't figure out why. Does anyone know what conditions would cause this checkbox to be disabled? Thank you very much. David Liebtag Take a look at Jim Rech's response in this thread: http://google.co.uk/groups?threadm=%23VsWtuGCFHA.1400%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx...