Access 2007 and windows 7

Under windows xp and vista, I could use a command line switch with access,
but now I get an error.

EXAMPLE:

"c:\Consulting Tracking Program\Consulting Tracking.accdb" /compact

[Now I get a message box saying that thier was a problem sending the command
to the  program.]

Thanks
OD
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Looking to make money at selling items on the web?  Give us a try at
www.your-best-auctions.com.  We are economical and cheaper then our
line.

"OD" <OD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Under windows xp and vista, I could use a command line switch with access,
> but now I get an error.
>
> EXAMPLE:
>
> "c:\Consulting Tracking Program\Consulting Tracking.accdb" /compact
>
> [Now I get a message box saying that thier was a problem sending the
> command
> to the  program.]
>
> Thanks
> OD

0
Matthew
12/25/2009 2:09:12 AM
You forgot to include the full path to msaccess, e.g.:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\MSACCESS.EXE" /compact
"c:\Consulting Tracking Program\Consulting Tracking.accdb"

"OD" <OD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Under windows xp and vista, I could use a command line switch with access,
> but now I get an error.
>
> EXAMPLE:
>
> "c:\Consulting Tracking Program\Consulting Tracking.accdb" /compact
>
> [Now I get a message box saying that thier was a problem sending the
> command
> to the  program.]
>
> Thanks
> OD

0
Allen
12/25/2009 2:21:32 AM
It now seems to be working. Its funny that now I have to put the full path to
access to make it work, when before I only had to put the path to the
database and the switch. But any ways it works.

Thanks OD

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> You forgot to include the full path to msaccess, e.g.:
> "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\MSACCESS.EXE" /compact
> "c:\Consulting Tracking Program\Consulting Tracking.accdb"

> "OD" <OD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Under windows xp and vista, I could use a command line switch with access,
> > but now I get an error.
> >
> > EXAMPLE:
> >
> > "c:\Consulting Tracking Program\Consulting Tracking.accdb" /compact
> >
> > [Now I get a message box saying that thier was a problem sending the
> > command
> > to the  program.]
> >
> > Thanks
> > OD
>
> .

I think you're mistaken. It's always been necessary to include the full path
to msaccess.exe: the switch is for the program, not for the database.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

> It now seems to be working. Its funny that now I have to put the full path
> access to make it work, when before I only had to put the path to the
> database and the switch. But any ways it works.
>
> Thanks OD
>
> "Allen Browne" wrote:
>
>> You forgot to include the full path to msaccess, e.g.:
>> "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\MSACCESS.EXE" /compact
>> "c:\Consulting Tracking Program\Consulting Tracking.accdb"
>>
>> --
>> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
>> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
>> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
>>

>> "OD" <OD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Under windows xp and vista, I could use a command line switch with
>> > access,
>> > but now I get an error.
>> >
>> > EXAMPLE:
>> >
>> > "c:\Consulting Tracking Program\Consulting Tracking.accdb" /compact
>> >
>> > [Now I get a message box saying that thier was a problem sending the
>> > command
>> > to the  program.]
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > OD
>>
>> .

0
Douglas
12/25/2009 6:31:01 PM
Yes it worked before, infact I checked to see if it was working on a clients
network, they are running xp. I use a batch file to compact the database
after hours.

thanks
OD

"Douglas J. Steele" wrote:

> I think you're mistaken. It's always been necessary to include the full path
> to msaccess.exe: the switch is for the program, not for the database.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no private e-mails, please)
>

> "OD" <OD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > It now seems to be working. Its funny that now I have to put the full path
> > access to make it work, when before I only had to put the path to the
> > database and the switch. But any ways it works.
> >
> > Thanks OD
> >
> > "Allen Browne" wrote:
> >
> >> You forgot to include the full path to msaccess, e.g.:
> >> "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\MSACCESS.EXE" /compact
> >> "c:\Consulting Tracking Program\Consulting Tracking.accdb"
> >>
> >> --
> >> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
> >> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
> >> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
> >>

> >> "OD" <OD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>

> .

Window Redirection?

open two different Access reports

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

Publisher 2007 frequently crashes

Add PowerPoint 2007 to Office Basic

Outlook 2007 Calendar -> Outlook 2003

compact database in VBA access 2007

LDAP Write access?

Word 2003: Will it work on Windows 7 Pro

MS Access 2007 code not running

MS Project 2007 question
Hello, I am developing a simple schedule with no resources but 2 tasks out of 100 are hazardous and I would like to make the schedule so that when these tasks occur, no other tasks can occur. In other words, even though all tasks are moving around as the schedule is being developed, I would like to make sure no other tasks can be scheduled wherever these 2 hazardous tasks fall. These 2 tasks are serial to every other task in the schedule. Is there a way to do this? Thanks for your help. Mike Create two milestones. Use milestone 1 as the successor task to all tasks th...

Office 2007 Templates & Themes
Is there anyway the content for Office 2007 at the MS Office web site could be made available to Office:Mac users. Currently need to have OGA validation via ActiveX control or from Office for Windows programs. Surely Mac users could be given access! Dave We have asked that question. We don't have an answer yet (at least, it wasn't "No", that would have been quick!). They are trying to work out how to let us in without letting in all the people using the competitor products. I think they will set up a mirror on the MacTopia site that will allow us to reach the ones tha...

Outlook 2007 PST files and temp files
When I have PST files on the server, I notice that there is a temp file accompanying it when Outlook is loaded. Would loading the temp file on the local PC make Outlook quicker, if so, how can one do this...? Thanks, Tom... "TK" <tkarpowski@bennettcompany.com> wrote in message news:Ovq2RUgvJHA.1088@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > When I have PST files on the server, I notice that there is a temp file > accompanying it when Outlook is loaded. > > Would loading the temp file on the local PC make Outlook quicker, if so, how > can one do this...? You shouldn...

SOP Sales Transaction Entry Window
Dear Folks, I have noticed that i couldn't choose/select a salesman Id from Sales Transaction Entry Window (Transactions-> Sales -> Sales Transaction Entry). In my case for every Invoice i have to select a Diffierent Sales man ID. Could any one help me how can i enable this. BUT IT IS AVAILABLE IN Transaction Entry Window which we use without inventory module (Transactions-> Sales -> Transaction Entry Window) Awaiting for your favourable feedback. You can find that field by clicking on the customer number expansion button to the right of the customer number field. Thi...