Access 2007 12-16-07

Why was no classic view included in access 2007?  When I migrated to xp, I
was pleased I had a classic option.  Windows vista has less classic options
than it should in my opinion, but it was still there.  Even when IE 7 came
out, I could still see the classic menus.  But in Access 2007 (which cost us
almost $500 and only came in the most expensive office), didn't allow this.

I understand others desires for different looks and feels, but what has
always brought me back to microsoft is that I could always get some semblance
of what I was used to.  I am deeply distressed by the fact that access 2007
has no classic view...what even further distressed me was the only way to
retrieve this was to "buy" a plugin that restored the classic menus.  While
not expensive, this should have come from microsoft.

Are there any plans to include a classic view plugin for customers?  If not,
it will definately affect my decision to upgrade and look into open source
solutions.

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Account balance workaround for Money 2007
As many have discovered the Account balances report in Money 2007 inaccurately displays the current value of accounts instead of the value of the accounts for the chosen date range. A workaround is to create a customized Net Worth over Time report. 1-From Reports Home under Assets and Liabilities select the report Net worth over time. 2-Select Customize...from the left side-panel. 3-Select the Rows&Columns tab, for Show balances by: select, Years, for Display As: select Details and Total. 4-Select the Chart tab, for View as select Report. 5-Select the Date tab, for Range select Year ...

Exchange 2007 and outlook anywhere
I have installed Exchange 2007 and setup outlook anywhere (RPC over HTTP). All installation and setup steps seems to have finished correctly but i am not able to connect properly. When trying to connect to outlook anywhere from a computer outside my network the systems keeps asking me for log on credentials over and over again. The autodiscovery test function in Outlook 2007 reports green light an no errors. Any suggestions to what might be wrong with my setup or installation or maybe anyone can point me to some tool or whitepaper that can be used to search for errors, are you using t...

Cognos PowerPlay to access???
Good afternoon. Does anyone know if its possible to take a report or cube from Cognos 7 and work with that in access? Thank Batty "Battykoda" <u33810@uwe> wrote: >Does anyone know if its possible to take a report or cube from Cognos 7 and >work with that in access? Not to my knowledge. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messages. Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm but you can in Crystal Reports-- right...

Internet access through Outlook favorites
Can the favorites in outlook be turned off so users cannot get to the internet via outlook. On 10/22/2003 4:18 PM, bruce wrote: > Can the favorites in outlook be turned off so users cannot > get to the internet via outlook. Not really... At least not anything that I known off. Alex -- -( Alex Yu | Systms Admintr | Multmd Devlpr | AEM | RPI | MSFT MVP )- ...

Money 2007 trial
I have an older version of MS Money. I'd like to try Money 2007. I've already read that after the 90 days I can't open the 2007 files in my older program. In the trial program can I still export my 2007 money files into Excel.? In microsoft.public.money, Mz Patti wrote: >I have an older version of MS Money. I'd like to try Money 2007. I've already >read that after the 90 days I can't open the 2007 files in my older program. You can't do that, even at the beginning. While Money will keep a backup of the Money 2004 file for you, I suggest you make an ext...

outlook 2007 freezing and won't open
two behaviors: 1. works fine for several hours then freezes and cannot send or receive email. 2. doesn't respond to my trying to open outlook from the icon, right click, or all programs. I get a .2 sec hourglass then nothing. no error messages on either behavior. HELP! I'm on an xp system. thanks for any ideas! hallie Reboot PC, start outlook using the safe switch; Start>Run......outlook.exe /safe (note space between exe /) See whether the problem is replicated, if not then one of your add - ins is likely acting up "hallie" <hallie@discuss...

Decimals 04-16-10
Hello, I am making a query for an output file. I have an amount on my input table and then i want to query it out to look a particular way. What i have build in the query looks like below: Amount: Right("000000000" & [Input File]![Award Payment],9) The award payment field is the amount. Only problem is that I need it to look like below: 000040.00 when it outputs. Currently i have it looking like : 000000040 For my original input table the field Award Payment is set to a currency field. Help Please -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com ...

How do I insert a file into Excel 2007 spreadsheet ?
The old Excel command Insert-Object does not exist anymore, instead only these Insert {Tables | Illustrations | Charts | Links | Text } I want to insert a general application file, I pretended it is a .Jpg file by renaming it and attempting Insert - Illustration -From File, but of course this was rejected. I also tried using a macro, the essence of which was Set myPict = .Parent.Pictures.Insert("C:\MyFile.Dat.Jpg") but this had the same effect. I finally tried good old drag-and-drop into a cell, but this simply opened up the binary in a separate Excel window...

Accessing other's e-mail accounts in Exchange 2003
I have 2 basic questions for Exchange 2003 and I'm hoping someone can help me out here. The message is long as I have to explain the scenarios. :) 1. We have some e-mail accounts that are no longer used (e.g. old employees, etc.) that we need to access. I can certainly access the with the user's credentials. Is there a way to access someone's mailbox as an "Administrator" instead of as the user? For example, can Administrator access John Doe's mailbox using Administrator's credentials? This is of course assuming the Administrator has permissions to do. If s...

query 08-22-07
I have a table with 2 fields labeled "referenceno" and "referenceno2" and am using a query to pull data from the table. The query is asking the user to enter the reference # and it's only pulling half the data. This particular problem has a reference # of 081207A and 081207B under the referenceno. When I run the query and the user enters 081207A it works pulling the 10 records asked for and if the user enters 081207B it works pulling the 10 records asked for. What I need the user to do is enter 081207A and 081207B so it pulls all 20 records when the query is ...

Outlook 2007 Reminders not working
I am running Outlook 2007 (Office 2007) on a new Widows 7 computer. Had some problems with initial Outlook migration and PDA snyc, but those seem to be resolved after I erased all historical calendar data and started new with future appointments only on the PC and PDA both. Outlook syncs perfectly with my PDA via Bluetooth, including reminders, which work normally on the PDA, but no reminders appear in Outlook. I'm aware of the change to keep the reminder screen out of sight (and out of mind, an illogical change in my opinion) but even when I bring it forward on the scre...

Access 97
I've been using Access 97 for database management in a medical office for several years now and the company that supports the database has not been able to correct errors that occur during a conversion to updated Access versions. They work solely in Access 97 and I therefore must keep this version. So, I use a split on the cpu... running Access 97 and xp... it's been working fine. However, just recently, every time I open Access 97, I get an 'out of memory' error. There os definately a lot of memory and I've shut down almost everything and then tried opening i...

Outlook 2007 SEND button behavior
Hi Outlook 2007 After I compose a new message (or create a reply message) I click the SEND button on the left and it sends the message only to the Outbox. Then I have to click the Send/Receive to have the message sent. Can I change that Send button behavior so I don't have press 2 buttons to send a message? Thanks Burton Roberts Tools | Options | Mail Setup | Send immediately when connected. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 A...

Access 2007 keeps configuring
I downloaded the trial verzion of Access 2007. Every time I open it, it goes through a configuring process that takes half an hour or so. How can I stop this? Robert This occurs when you have multiple versions on the same PC every time you open Access 2007 after having used a previous version. It's a right pain and AFAIK there's nothing you can do about it at the moment. It's supposed to be being fixed in the first Office 2007 service pack. HTH "Robert" <cpq1bcle[REMOVE]@verizon.net> wrote in message news:47561d71$0$5289$bbae4d71@news.suddenlink.net...

How to see unapproved Tasks in Project Web Access 2007
I've see the 2003 instructions, but I'm not finding the 2007 answer so I'll ask .... I am an administrator in a Project Server 2007 environment. I have multiple approving managers world-wide. I'd like a way to see task updates, submitted by their team members, but are not yet approved. Is there a way in 2007? On Jan 22, 9:14=A0am, Randy Schmid <RandySch...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've see the 2003 instructions, but I'm not finding the 2007 answer so I'= ll > ask .... > I am an administrator in a Project Server 2007 environ...

Test Mail...Please Ignore #16
Testing NNTP Client, Please ignore message Thanks ...

Serverly need help for Outlook 07
Hi: This moring I install an Outlook extension for The google toolbar. It caused my Outlook to start messing up. Now it says it downloaded the messages but when I go to the Inbox it doesn't show the new messages. How do I fix this? TIA start by uninstalling the toolbar and rebooting the computer. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-N...

Who hates Office 2007? And why did you switch?
I switched and hate it. The menus are all wrong. Takes too long to learn where everything is. Don't see any speed improvements over 2003. Why did I switch? I guess because I felt it would be an improvement. RL And it took even LONGER with the old menu system. RayLopez99 wrote: > I switched and hate it. The menus are all wrong. Takes too long to > learn where everything is. Don't see any speed improvements over > 2003. > > Why did I switch? I guess because I felt it would be an improvement. > > RL On Dec 15, 1:15=A0pm, Bob I <bir...

Access and Outlook Sync Contacts
Was not sure where to put this - hope this is ok Access 2003 Outlook 2003 Is it possible to have Access and outlook sync Outlook Contacts? If so can anyone point me in the right direction. Any help here will be appreciated. Thanks in advance dave Did I put this in the wrong newsgroup Or Is there just no possibility? dave "Dave" <dave@accessdatapros> wrote in message news:FA1F2FC1-E295-44B8-B5F6-1363CE346C12@microsoft.com... > Was not sure where to put this - hope this is ok > > > Access 2003 > Outlook 2003 > > Is it possible to have Access and...

Virtual Exchange 2007 64 bit vs 32 bit
I am looking to run VMWare and exchange 2007. Exchange 2007 is only going to be released in 64 bit. Given that e6600 is the better processor but is only 32 bit. How can I run VMWare and exchange 2007 on a 32 bit processor? >Given that e6600 is the better processor Not sure what you mean. Exchange Server 2007 is not officially supported in a virtual environment, afaik. Only the 64-bit version is supported, running on 64-bit version of Windows Server 2003. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ----------------------------------...

Help on Custom Task Pane in Excel 2007 using Managed code...
Hi, Is it possible to build custom task pane using C#? If yes, can someone point me to the correct links/resources for building custom taks pane for Excel 2007 using managed code (C#)? Best Regards, Venkataramana Mathias has an example at http://www.clear-lines.com/blog/post/create-excel-2007-vsto-add-in-getting-started.aspx which builds a task pane amongst other things. -- HTH Bob "Venkataramana" <Venkataramana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E888880-C605-4BB3-9B7F-E141FE8E1155@microsoft.com... > Hi, > Is it possible to b...

subform 07-25-07
I have a subform that has three labels. I bound the three labels together. The data for all three labels is pulled in through a control source. So if Iclick on the drop down box for label 1, what ever you pick will auto populate labels two and three. It works fine, except for I can only add one row. It will not let me add a multiple records. What can I do? On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 10:36:04 -0700, Pass-the-reality <Passthereality@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a subform that has three labels. I bound the three labels together. >The data for all three labels is...

How can I access a SAS systems file and save it in Excel
I have a SAS systems file (labelled and formatted data) I no longer have access to SAS, but would still like to access and save the data using Excel. Any hints? JMP and S-PLUS both will read SAS datasets. I don't think that R has that functionality yet. I understand that SAS offers a data viewer, but I don't know if you can copy and paste from it. Jerry pmw101 wrote: > I have a SAS systems file (labelled and formatted data) I no longer have > access to SAS, but would still like to access and save the data using Excel. > Any hints? Here is a link to download the S...

Access 2002 Reserved Error
Hi, I have just converted a Access 97 database to Access 2002. When trying to run a append query I am getting Reserved Error (-1517). Does anyone have any idea why this is happening. Many thanks in advance. Rachel Hi Rachel, Make sure you've updated to latest version the JET 4.0, see: How To: Obtain the Latest Service Pack for the Microsoft Jet 4.0 Database Engine http://support.microsoft.com/?id=239114 Going from 97 to 2000/2002/2003 you are using a different version of the JET Database Engine (3.5 to 4.0). It's very possible that for your Append Query JET 4.0 service pack ?...

Outlook Web Access and local Copies of mail
Hello all I've recently started administrating an exchange server, and i've configured it to be accessed from Outlook Web Access My question is: If Outlook client si active in a desktop computer, I can't access my mail from Outlook web access, because before this, the Outlook client took the mail and removed it from the Server Can i configure exchange (or Outlook Client), to maintain a copy on the Server, until the mail is deleted Thanks !!! It sounds like you have Outlook setup with a pop account or you have a rule that pulls the mail to a PST file. A regular Outlook profile w...