Access 2007 01-21-10

there is one problem i am facing, my previous data base file extension
was .MDB and in Access 2007 the file extension is .ACCDB and in Excel
Template wizard is not recognizing that file even after  i have convereted
..ACCDB to .MDB
format still it is not wokring. But excel template wizard is working for the
databse which was created in Access 2003.

Any one who can help, thanks in advance
--
Atif Hasan
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

You can try copying an old 2003 complete database, delete all objects,
compact and repair, and then import the objects from the .ACCDB.

I have not tried to import like this but have had to use an old .MDB and
build from scratch.

--
Build a little, test a little.

"Atif Hasan" wrote:

> there is one problem i am facing, my previous data base file extension
> was .MDB and in Access 2007 the file extension is .ACCDB and in Excel
> Template wizard is not recognizing that file even after  i have convereted
> .ACCDB to .MDB
> format still it is not wokring. But excel template wizard is working for the
> databse which was created in Access 2003.
>
> Any one who can help, thanks in advance
> --
> Atif Hasan

Log changes to full access permission
Exchange 2007 SP1. Is there a log, or is it possible to log, whenever anyone is granted full access to a mailbox or mailboxes? Thank you. Adrian What do you mean by "anyone"? Please make your request more specific. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Adrian" <NoSpam@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23eQ58rEaKHA.1640@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Exchange 2007 SP1. > > Is there a log, or is it possible to log, whenever anyone is granted full > access to a ma...

Concurrency with Access
Hi, I have a Access 2003 talking to SQL 2005 express DB via linked tables. I also have .NET forms application that also talks to the SQL DB. I want to know how to handle concurrency in the .NET app. I don't want to have to change the Access app though Is there a method that would work for both Access and .NET? Malcolm On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 11:52:19 +1000, "Rotsey" <malcolm_smith@RemoveThis.optusnet.com.au> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a Access 2003 talking to SQL 2005 express DB via >linked tables. > >I also have .NET forms application that also talks to...

Report from Access 2003 to 2007 problem

New Chart in Excel 2007 is NOT showed unless preview
I have a sheet with multiple charts in Excel 2007 one of the new created charts is hidden when I open the file Unless preview is selected, then finally turned on BUT many formats are changed and objects on charts (titles,...) can not be moved ! what's wrong ? Make sure you have installed SP2 for Office 2007 as this fixes some (not all) chart problems best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "Rolando" <Rolando@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B0A3E5C-AABD-4982-962B-8C5C09A2CC5A@microsoft...

How to draw a regression line on 7000+ dated data with Excel 2007
How to draw a regression line on 7000+ dated data using Excel 2007 Are your "dates" actual Excel dates or just text? With actual Excel dates, pre-2007 versions have no problem doing simple linear regression. To interpret the results though, you need to remember how Excel dates are stored: An Excel date is the number of days since 1900, so the numeric value of today's date is 39736, and the intercept of the regression will be the value of the relationship extrapolated to 30Dec1899 (since Excel mistakenly considers 1900 to be a leap year) "Gordon Lee" wrote: >...

Error: A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in outlook.
Getting the above error when attempting to sync with palm vx. 'Use to work' okay. Recently restored laptop (Dell) from Dell cd, windows 2000 pro, outlook 2000. Reinstalled Palm hot sync software, but now getting the above message. Choosing YES, handheld sync's okay. Complete message is: __________________________________________ A program is trying to access e-mail address you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "no". ________________________________________________________ Machine i...

Net Work Days in Access?
Hello all, Is there a way in access to obtains the difference in work days between two dates, similar to DateDiff only excluding weekends (and holidays)? Excel has this as NetWorkDays. I have this column: EDays: DateDiff("d",[timein],[timeout]) Which works OK except that it includes weekends. Thank You, -plh -- Where are we going and why am I in this HAND BASKET?? ...

Freeze panes 03-02-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I would like to freeze all of Row 1 AND all of Column A. When I freeze one, then go to freeze the second, it will not let me. The only freeze option is to unfreeze panes? Can both be done at the same time? Select cell B2, then turn on Freeze Panes. You can't freeze columns & rows separately. The freeze applies to all rows above & all columns to the left of the selected cell when you turn it on. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 3/2/10 6:00 PM, in article 59bb3c03.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2a...

User access via remote desktop
I have a situation where if I set a new user up from a local client, they only can access GP via their local client - they get a login error if trying to login via remote desktop. Likewise, if I log into the server remotely and set up a new user, they can login to GP remotely but not from their local client. Any ideas why this would occur? Thx, Frank Hamelly, MCP NOVA Solutions LLC Melbourne, FL Do you have any profiles that would be affecting where a user is using files? I've seen this issue where one user's profile was different than other users'. -- Charles Allen, MVP ...

Word 2007 startup slow after installing Windows 7
Why only Word and not Excell and PowerPoint? Do you have a printer installed? -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Poul Erik" <Poul Erik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8832AE61-8707-439D-9761-D75C9AC6C1BC@microsoft.com... > Why only Word and not Excell and PowerPoint? ...

prevent user access other mailboxes
Hello, I have inherited a small business network running exchange 5.5 with outlook 2003 clients. I noticed that even users with basic network rights (e.g domain user) can access other users' mailboxes by going: Tools -> Email Accounts -> View and Change existing email accounts -> Next -> Change (with Microsoft Exchange server highlighted) -> More Settings -> Advanced tab -> Add, where they can search and add other users' accounts. Is there a way I can prevent that for the regular users (e.g. basic domain user rights)? Thank you, DN DN, HAve a look at th...

importing excel files into outlook 2007
I did an import and it worked perfectly. I tried to ddo a second, and am receiving a message that - an error occuredwhile importing or exporting and the import/export was terminated. MAPI error 0x80070057 was reported. please try again. I have rebuild the file, changes names and still receive the same message. I looked on ms faq but can't find how to fix the problem. Can anyone help. Thanks Dick Take a look at both of these sights... http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-854669.php http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329295/EN-US/ Anvil22 wrote: >I did...

Calculation Problem 01-19-10
All though the formula is correct ( a simple math addition between 2 cells) ..There are a few of these cells in my 2003 XL Spread Sheet that consistently makes a 1 cent error in the addition - that is, it's adds the cell less 1 cent (formatted in currency) How do I fix this? Thanks http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/pennyoff.html -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "djm123" <djm123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6411803B-537F-43A2-921F-049D576FD19F@microsoft.com... > All though the formula is correct ( a simple math...

Outlook 2007 Connection takes 2 minute
We have user (remote office where we have Instagate VPN Router so user is connected using VPN connection) on Dell Laptop Latitutde E6500 with Windows XP SP3 OS and MS office 2007 with latest update. When he opens his outlook 2007 it takes 2 mintues (sometime 3 minutes) to connect to Exchange Server while other users in his office have no problem they are connected in 30 seconds. I googled it but could not find right solution. Thanks, ...

Exchange 2007 Outlook 2007 Certificate Issue
We have a server certificate on Exchange 2007 for OWA with our public domain name as the common name. The certificate was setup in IIS.. Outlook 2007, as an internal MAPI client examines the server certificate and doesn't like the mis-match between the certificate and internal host name of the Exchange Server. It requires the user to clicking through two certificate name warnings each time Outlook is started. ( these are name warnings - the certificate authority is trusted on the clients ) Summary: Certificate common name owa.xxx.com Internal host name of Exch...

Can I purchase just Outlook 2007 without the entire office?
I want only Outlook 2007, so that I can synch with my Motorola Q. Will this product work alone? I have the trial version and it seems to work, but it's the trial of the entire office suite. Is there anywhere I can download Outlook instead of getting it mailed to me? I have tried Microsoft but they only offer full suite downloads. Thanks Joey Joey wrote: > I want only Outlook 2007, so that I can synch with my Motorola Q. > Will this product work alone? I have the trial version and it seems > to work, but it's the trial of the entire office suite. Is there > anywhere I ...

Normal template 04-01-10
I have recently updated my pcs to windows xp sp3. Since doing this when I close word 2003 it asks me to save changes to normal.dot. I have done this on some of my pcs but I have one that is causing me a problem. Starting word and printing takes a lot longer than it used to. I originally though it was the print driver - which I updated. I then changed the default printer and it started and printed as normal. I went back to the original default printer and changed the path to a new normal template, that also worked correctly. I decided to copy my autotext entries to the new normal....

Help Opening Publisher 2007 file in 2000 version
Help !! I have been sent a publisher 2007 document and cannot open it at all with my publisher 2000, is there a file conversion download or anything? Nope, there is no conversion. If you send it to me I will convert it for you. Be aware you may lose some formatting and if there are images involved the file will become much larger. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Maneater" <Maneater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B514D1E-C752-4577-A140-B6FC974B9416@m...

You do not have exclusive access to the database at this time....
I am developing an Access 2000 application that is split into a front end and a back end and makes use of User-Level Security. The whole thing will be distributed to several users, who will each run it independently on their own PCs (ULS is only exploited to enable identification of the user and trigger some user-specific code). When testing on my own PC, if I logon as one of the other users I get the following error message, "You do not have exclusive access to the database at this time. If you proceed to make changes, you may not be able to save them later". Am I right in th...

Read/Write access only within department,
If I have users that belong to multiple departments, but I want to limit their read/write access only to projects within the departments that they belong to, how I can do this ? Thanks. Hi ctd, You would need to create custom categories for this and add/remove projects as they arise. This is onerous from an admin perspective, but is probably the way I would recommend. -- Regards, Ben. http://www.applepark.co.uk http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/ "ctd" wrote: > If I have users that belong to multiple departments, but I want to limit > t...

Workflow Routing in Outlook 2007
Since work flow email routing has been discontinued in Outlook 2007 what are the alternative for users who are used to that functionality? ...

Modifying the template Northwind 2007
I am trying to modify the start up form in access template Northwind 2007. There is an orange bar in the form header. This orange bar is fixed and I can't remove it or change its color. Could someone help me please and tell me how to do it? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/201005/1 On Mon, 03 May 2010 12:18:06 GMT, "sherifmsak via AccessMonster.com" <u54550@uwe> wrote: Check the form's Picture property. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I am trying to modify the start up form in acce...

pass parameter to access query
I have a external database to link MS Access Query. I can run the query from Excel, but I need pass the start date and end date to the query. Are there any way to pass MS Access Query parameter from Excel Spreadsheet? Any information is great appreciated. Inung In two cells on the worksheet, type the start date and the end date Select a cell in the extract range Choose Data>Import External Data>Edit Query Click the Cancel button, and click Yes to edit in MS Query In MS Query, choose View>Criteria Select a criteria field, and in the cell below, type a prompt, inside square...

Publisher 2007 print dialog preview
Is there a way to turn off the preview in the Print Dialog box? I've tried selecting the "Show how to insert paper" but it always defaults back to "Show paper after printing". Is there a particular reason you don't want the preview? You can setup your printer before you create your publication, then when you are ready to print, click the icon on the toolbar. The preview dialogue will not show. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "rharper1234" <rharper1234@discussions.microsoft....

Access 2007 runtime on Windows Server 2003?
Has anyone installed the 2007 runtime on a Windows 2003 server? In the runtime distribution notes Microsoft say it isn't supported (just on XP/SP2 and Vista) but that doesn't mean it won't work. (Does it?) "rick" <rstreet@rogers.com> wrote: >Has anyone installed the 2007 runtime on a Windows 2003 server? In the >runtime distribution notes Microsoft say it isn't supported (just on XP/SP2 >and Vista) but that doesn't mean it won't work. (Does it?) Windows Server products can be "special" in some ways. <smile> I certainly...