Access 2003 won`t start.....

I tried to start Access 2003 several times today after not using it for a
while and it won`t start.  I did a MS Office Pro repair, and a Reinstall.
Neither has helped.  I did not remove Office 2003 Pro and then reinstall from
scratch yet.  That is  my next option.

I read on the web that Access won`t start when IE7 is installed on my XP
Home system.

Outlook, PPoint, Publisher, Excel, etc. all start but not Access.

Any suggestions?  I looked through past threads but can find nothing on this
subject. Thank You

Plain
--
what a mess!
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

That may have been OWA (Outlook Web Access), but there are no particular
problems that I am aware of with Access and IE7. As a matter of fact, I have
Access 2003 and 2007, both running on a Vista machine with IE7.

If all else has failed, try uninstalling Office 2003, rebooting, running a
registry cleaner, rebooting, then reinstall Office 2003. You might find a
good registry cleaner at:

http://www.registrycleanerscompared.org
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"plainolguy" <plainolguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I tried to start Access 2003 several times today after not using it for a
> while and it won`t start.  I did a MS Office Pro repair, and a Reinstall.
> Neither has helped.  I did not remove Office 2003 Pro and then reinstall
> from
> scratch yet.  That is  my next option.
>
> I read on the web that Access won`t start when IE7 is installed on my XP
> Home system.
>
> Outlook, PPoint, Publisher, Excel, etc. all start but not Access.
>
> Any suggestions?  I looked through past threads but can find nothing on
> this
> subject. Thank You
>
> Plain
> --
> what a mess!

0
Arvin
1/13/2008 11:05:05 PM
plainolguy <plainolguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I tried to start Access 2003 several times today after not using it for a
>while and it won`t start.

Any messages?   Try running Windows Task Manager and see if
msaccess.exe is in the running processes list.  If so cancel it and
try again.

Have you tried rebooting?  I assume you have as your posting indicates
a reasonable level of competence but I have to ask.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.
<plainolguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I tried to start Access 2003 several times today after not using it for a
>while and it won`t start.  I did a MS Office Pro repair, and a Reinstall.
>Neither has helped.  I did not remove Office 2003 Pro and then reinstall from
>scratch yet.  That is  my next option.
>
>I read on the web that Access won`t start when IE7 is installed on my XP
>Home system.
>
>Outlook, PPoint, Publisher, Excel, etc. all start but not Access.
>
>Any suggestions?  I looked through past threads but can find nothing on this
>subject. Thank You
>
>Plain

Something other than that is odd. I'm using IE7 and Access 97, 2000, 2002 and
2003 all on the same computer with no difficulties.

What happens when you try to start? An error message, an immediate exit, crash
the PC, lock it up...?

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
what a mess!

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 13:54:00 -0800, plainolguy
> <plainolguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I tried to start Access 2003 several times today after not using it for a
> >while and it won`t start.  I did a MS Office Pro repair, and a Reinstall.
> >Neither has helped.  I did not remove Office 2003 Pro and then reinstall from
> >scratch yet.  That is  my next option.
> >
> >I read on the web that Access won`t start when IE7 is installed on my XP
> >Home system.
> >
> >Outlook, PPoint, Publisher, Excel, etc. all start but not Access.
> >
> >Any suggestions?  I looked through past threads but can find nothing on this
> >subject. Thank You
> >
> >Plain
>
> Something other than that is odd. I'm using IE7 and Access 97, 2000, 2002 and
> 2003 all on the same computer with no difficulties.
>
> What happens when you try to start? An error message, an immediate exit, crash
> the PC, lock it up...?
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

Guys:

Thanks for answering back.  I go to "Programs, Microsoft Office" etc. etc.
then when I click on Access I get a Windows Installer dialogue box.  Then
another dialogue box appears informing me Windows is installing MS Office Pro
2003.  Office has been on this machine about a year and a half..  Anyway,
after the dialogue box informing me of Office installation I get nothing the
same as if I had never clicked on Access in the first place.  As I said
before (I think) all other apps in Office work perfectly.

For some strange reason MSACCESS.EXE is pinned to my Start menu.  I am not
sure how that got there and haven`t noticed it until I tried to start Access
the other day from the "Programs" avenue.

I would prefer not to uninstall and reinstall if possible as I am not sure
how to protect my Outlook pst backup files.  Any suggestions?  I have Office
on a different partition than XP Home for these past 1.5 years.

Again, Thanks....

Plain
On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 13:46:02 -0800, plainolguy
<plainolguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I would prefer not to uninstall and reinstall if possible as I am not sure
>how to protect my Outlook pst backup files.  Any suggestions?

Uninstalling and reinstalling Access (rather than all of Office) will not
affect your pst files... and you should certainly have them backed up offline
in any case! Can you just delete msaccess.exe from your Startup folder? Doing
so should certainly not harm Outlook (or do Access any more harm).

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
what a mess!

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 13:46:02 -0800, plainolguy
> <plainolguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I would prefer not to uninstall and reinstall if possible as I am not sure
> >how to protect my Outlook pst backup files.  Any suggestions?
>
> Uninstalling and reinstalling Access (rather than all of Office) will not
> affect your pst files... and you should certainly have them backed up offline
> in any case! Can you just delete msaccess.exe from your Startup folder? Doing
> so should certainly not harm Outlook (or do Access any more harm).
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

Thanks John!

I`m embarassed!  That was so easy!  I didn`t even think to try uninstalling
then reinstalling Access.  It worked like a charm.  Thanks again and to all
who responded, have a good week!

Plain

Need HELP Outlook and Roadrunner
I'm new to Roadrunner. I can send with no problems but I can only receive in the Road Runner web mail, not Outlook. pop3 = pop-server.roadrunner.com smtp = smtp-server.roadrunner.com Thanks Mark Have you verified with RR that the POP server name is correct? They should have the correct settings on their website. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "MWB" wrote: > I'm new to Roadrunner. > > > I can send with no problems but I can only receive in the Road Runner web > mail, not Outlo...

Can't Open Canlendar or Contacts
Office Pro XP (2002) was just installed. We are trying to open Outlook to access its Calendar & Contacts applications. We DO NOT want Outlook to be our default email location (Outlook Express has been selected). When we click on the Outlook icon (or open from the Programs folder), we get the message: "Unable to open default email system. Try again." When we "try again," we get the message: "Would you like to open default File System folder?" When answering "yes," the "My Computer" files open in Outlook. At the same time, we get th...

How do I add a data series in a combination chart in PPT 2003?
I have a combination bar/line chart showing gross revenues and passengers by month over a 3-year period. The gross revenues are bars on the primary y-axis and passengers are lines on the secondary y-axis. I am trying to add gross revenues and passengers for CY2010. I am able to add a data series for the passengers, but when I try to add a data series for the gross revenues, the chart treats it as a series on the secondary axis as a line. How do I add the series as a bar on the primary axis, or alternatively, change the series from a line on the secondary axis to a bar on th...

Can't open account.
Why won't my Mac 10.4.11 using safari as browser open my account? Safari version 3.0.4 Inasmuch as this Newsgroup is dedicated to the software program, MS Access, you're not likely to get any answers here to Safari or Mac problems. Try posting into a newsgroup which supports, Mac, and/or Safari. Also, you wuld probably get a better answer if you specify WHICH account you are trying unsuccessfully to open. Best of luck. "sebe" <sebe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:577461D2-FF7F-425F-8F23-BBBFC3F819F6@microsoft.com... > > Why won't my...

Outlook 2003
Here's the problem: Every tiem I open Outlook it displays an error message that my Exchange server is unavailable. What I know: I know the Exchange server is up & running without any problems. The desktop computer is on the network and can browse and ping different devices. DNS is resolving names properly. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this? ...

Outlook 2003 not receiving mail
I have a Laptop with Outlook 2003 setup with offline files. This computer will sit few only a few minutes and then will no longer send and receive. It forces you to hit the send receive button to get your mail. I have it set to automatically send receive every 4 mins, but this is not happening. Any help would be great. Thanks ...

Outgoing pictures from Outlook 2003.
I have problems with sending emails with pictures included in the mail. I can see everyting perfectly fine in my Outlook but since my friends says to me that I newer included any pictures within the mail I found out about the problem. I tested to send emails to myself and open it in Windows Mail and it was like my friends say. No pictures was sent. I tried gif files, jpg. Please help! :-) -- Y Make sure you are not composing your message in Rich Text Format. You can change your default to HTML via; Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Ou...

Using a two-dimensional array in Excel 2002 or 2003
I am trying to improve my coding skills in Excel VBA and I just can't seem to find a good, very basic, example of how to use a 2-dimensional array. I've looked in several reference books & browsed VBA Forums but can't find an example I can understand. What I was trying to do was define a 3 x 4 Array that has a data type of Single. My sample data is located in Cells E1:H3. E F G H 1 3.4 8.1 11.6 100.3 2 5.2 7.3 45.2 632.4 3 1.7 9.6 39.7 161.5 I've been trying to use the LBound and UBound functions too, thinkin...

how I can sum or subtract 2 or 3 field in access in any record
hi I want know that why there is NOT any relationship between access and excel and how I can sum and subtract 2 or 3 filds in access in any record thanks hadi_khodaparast@yahoo.com Hello Hadi - I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are asking, but Excel is *not* a 'front end' for an Access database. You can use Excel to query the db & copy Access data into a workbook in several ways. That copy of the data can be used for calculations, but the data *doesn't* get changed in the Access file. Although the modified results can be imported to Access it may very well be t...

Can't disable a button on CDialogBar
Hello I have a button on CDialogBar. my problem is I can't disable this button. here what I have tried. m_wndDialogBar.GetDlgItem(IDC_BUTTON)->EnableWindow(FALSE); I'm using the Doc/View architecture. Thanks in advance. Check the return from GetDlgItem() and make sure it is a valid CWnd*. Also, make sure there is no code in the dialog handler that is reenabling it (you may be competeing with another similar call). Tom <xcppcoder@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1141224821.437297.280720@t39g2000cwt.googlegroups.com... > Hello > I have a button on CDialogBar. my p...

Why with Excel Xp takes too much time to open and in 2003 fast?
I have 2 computers, in one I have Excel XP (2002) and in the other I have Excel 2003, I've been receiving files wich I need to check with my Excel XP, the problem is that it takes too much time to open, and when I try to open it with Excel 2003 it open normaly (fast). What can I do? Urgent, please I will thank you to send answer : eguevara2000@hotmail.com Thanks ________________________ Tengo 2 computadoras, una con Excel Xp (2002) y la otra con 2003, he recibido archivos pero con Excel XP tarda mucho tiempo en abrir los archivos, mientras que en 2003 lo hace normal (rapido), a ...

upload to money 2003
I have Money 2000. The backup to floppy disks doesn't seem to upload into my new money 2003. How do we do this? File|Restore??? "Gerry Youngman" <gyoungman@comcast.net> wrote in message news:089601c38163$8c46a010$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have Money 2000. The backup to floppy disks doesn't > seem to upload into my new money 2003. How do we do this? ...

RE: Mailbox Access
I have created a generic user account and mailbox. I have added users to this mailbox. These users are able to open up the mailbox in outlook. I have disabled the primary user account of the mailbox. Now the users are not able to access the mailbox. Does the primary user account have to enabled for users to be able to access the mailbox? Yep thats correct. Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "wbmcse" <wbmcse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:349A8A84-3049-4212-9B92-B02542749D8E@microsoft.co...

Excel 2003 #21
When doing “Local Save As”, under Tools on the Save As dialog, there should be “Save Options” but this is not on menu?? Has this been disabled in office 2003?? There is no Local Save As for Excel--any version. You are likely using some kind of Document Management Software. If you upgraded Excel, you may have to upgrad the other program as well. tj "Ritu" wrote: > When doing “Local Save As”, under Tools on the Save As dialog, there should > be “Save Options” but this is not on menu?? Has this been disabled in office > 2003?? Ritu File>Save As>Tools>Genera...

Outlook 2003 very slow #2
Several people in my office including myself have upgraded to Office 2003 over the last several weeks. Many of us have begun experiencing performance problems. For example, I will click on another message in order to view it in the task pane, and then Outlook will sit there for ages before it gets displayed. The larger the message (including attachments), the worse the problem. However, even a message that is small with only a 100KB attachment seems to take 20-30 seconds to respond... this was never the case before. Also deleting a message takes ages. I checked the Exchange 2000 SP3 server th...

Can't install sp2 :(
Hi i have already deployed exch 2003, it is working as it should be. Now i want to install sp2 on my fron-end and then back-end servers. But when i star the update programm it tell me: The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services" could not be assigned the action "Update" because: - The NNTP component of IIS is either not installed or disabled Before i installed Exchange i installed NNTP via Add/Remove Windows Components. Server 2003 R2 32bit, latest updates, Microsoft Windows Server Update Services v3.0 beta, DNS server.. What should i ...

Can't remove items from Outlook Favorites list...
Hi there, I am posting this message as a last resort after much searching for a solution to this. I am hoping someone will have an answer to this odd problem In Outlook 2003 there is a FAVORITES panel. This panel (for some odd reason) can not be hidden. I do actually use it so that's okay. But the challenge I have is that it will not let me remove items from this panel. The other day it started showing the inbox of each of my http email accounts in the favs panel and I don't want these there. There are also a few other folders that I added there which I wish to remove. BUT the remove o...

Pasting from Web Pages into Word 2003 is broken
I had a support call come in today, and can't work it out at all. Now I see that I have the same issue! But not everybody here has this issue. We all run the same SOE, with Office 2003, but about 50% of users seem to be experiencing thi issue. We can't copy any text from web sites (even just one word or a few characters) and paste it into Word 2003. The paste option appears on the right-click menu, but it doesn't do anything. If I choose "Paste Special" then "Unformatted Text" then the text appears without formatting. Paste is working fine into...

Access Forms using Word as Base
I would like to create a form to input information into an Access database. I would like to have the Access form resemble the Word fillable form as much as possible. Please let me know if there is a way to use the design of the Word form as an Access input form or if I have to design the Access input form from scratch. We are running Access 2002 on an xp machine. Thanks and have a great weekend!! Ken -- akkrug You can use a bitmap image of a Word form as a guide to placement of the controls on a Access form, but the only way that you can use a Word form with Access ...

unable to access any featuress on Live mail
I downloaded latest version overnight. it has uploaded all the mail and files, and looks for changes (receive new mails). When i try to click on anything in th live mail screen, I cannot (seems frozen screen) nothing is able to be activited by clicking over any feature in the Live mail. I also cannot click on any dropdowns etc to close out in the top right. Any suggestions ? I have been accessing my hotmail account without any errors prior to this through web and ive messenger. thanks ...

Money Import Handler doesn't work anymore in Money Deluxe 2006
It used to, for years, but now whenever I download an account statement, whether from my bank or from a credit card account, the statement gets downloaded, apparently, but Money doesn't do anything with it. If I save the downloaded .OFX file, instead of choosing the Money Import Handler, I can then go to File - Import - Download Statement and Money uses the data correctly. Under Tools - Settings - Online Service Settings, the following options are chosen: Overwrite transaction dates... Replace downloaded payee name... Automatically mark accepted transactions... Enter electronic pay...

Public Folder Nightmare-Exchange 2003 (Long)
I sure hope some one can help with this.. Part one of my issue I recently added a new Exchange 2003 server to our Ex2k native eniviroment. The Public folder hierarchy would not replicate properly until I sent the hierarchy manually through the ESM. Then, I tried to replicate a folder from the old Ex2k server. The folder showed up immediately on the 2k3 server in 'Public Folder Instances' but with 0 items and 0kb. No data would ever replicate; although new items being posted would go there fine. I built a test lab to try and replicate this behavior. I found that replication work...

Outlook 2010 Beta access to internet
I just downloaded and installed Office 2010 Beta. Everything appears to work normally except that Outlook can't access the internet unless I turn off my firewall. I am using Windows live One Care. Can anyone explain and help? -- Thanks for your help Recreate the exception for Outlook to pass through your firewall. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "LesHurley&q...

Why doesn't Windows Live Mail delete read mails
I have Windows Live Mail setup where it should not leave mail on the server but that doesn't matter because Windows Mail seems to ignore that preference. Even though I've read an email I still have to mark them for deletion using Windows Live Mail or Windows Mail. This is also true using other email client software no emails are removed from the servers despite preference settings. I'm sure the same applies to Newsgroups, so I get the feeling I'm reading some of the same headers again. Each email client has to have the 'Leave a copy...' unchec...

Outlook 2003 indicates unread items at Win XP login
Underneath the Windows XP login icon is a meassage that indicates that I have 10 unread messages. After loggin in and going to Outlook 2003 - i do not see any unread messages.... This is an ugrade from Office XP to 2003. Any ides of how to correct this reporting error? ...