Access 2003 - problems with right mouse button

Hello,

I have two different Access 2003 databases, one has a problem with showing 
options when the right mouse button is clicked on a table, query or 
anything,  the other one does not.

This started happening out of the blue ... I checked tools, options thinking 
I had inadvertly set some sort of option, but there is nothing that I can 
see that would affect the mouse in one data base and not the other .. very 
strange.  It is the same on my computer at home and at the office ...

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Abay


0
Abay
7/23/2007 3:42:13 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

9 Replies
945 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 26

Is there anything else running that could interfere?

The Timer event of a form, for example?

-- 
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.

"Abay" <abcd@aol.com> wrote in message
news:OJjvSsNzHHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>
> I have two different Access 2003 databases, one has a problem with showing 
> options when the right mouse button is clicked on a table, query or 
> anything,  the other one does not.
>
> This started happening out of the blue ... I checked tools, options 
> thinking I had inadvertly set some sort of option, but there is nothing 
> that I can see that would affect the mouse in one data base and not the 
> other .. very strange.  It is the same on my computer at home and at the 
> office ...
>
> Any help on this would be much appreciated.
>
> Abay 

0
Allen
7/23/2007 4:02:06 AM
Many thanks for your reply Allen .. I can't see that anything else is 
running, but have to confess that I do not know what "The timer even of a 
form" is .. please excuse my ignorance

Abay
"Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message 
news:OOhf94NzHHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Is there anything else running that could interfere?
>
> The Timer event of a form, for example?
>
> -- 
> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
>
> "Abay" <abcd@aol.com> wrote in message
> news:OJjvSsNzHHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>
>> I have two different Access 2003 databases, one has a problem with 
>> showing options when the right mouse button is clicked on a table, query 
>> or anything,  the other one does not.
>>
>> This started happening out of the blue ... I checked tools, options 
>> thinking I had inadvertly set some sort of option, but there is nothing 
>> that I can see that would affect the mouse in one data base and not the 
>> other .. very strange.  It is the same on my computer at home and at the 
>> office ...
>>
>> Any help on this would be much appreciated.
>>
>> Abay
> 


0
Abay
7/23/2007 4:18:59 AM
To learn about the timer event that can interfere with all sorts of things:

1. Open a form in design view.
2. Open the Properties box (View menu.)
3. Looking at the properties of the form (not of a text box), there's an On 
Timer property that specifies a macro or [Event Procedure] that should run 
each time the form's timer fires, and a Timer Interval property that 
specifies how frequently (in milliseconds.)

If that doesn't apply to your situation, what setting do you have under:
    Tools | Startup | Allow Default Shortcut Menus

If that doesn't help either, you may need to decompile, compact, and get 
Access to create a new database. Post back if you would like details for 
this.

-- 
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.

"Abay" <abcd@aol.com> wrote in message
news:Oubz0AOzHHA.4276@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Many thanks for your reply Allen .. I can't see that anything else is 
> running, but have to confess that I do not know what "The timer even of a 
> form" is .. please excuse my ignorance
>
> Abay
> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message 
> news:OOhf94NzHHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Is there anything else running that could interfere?
>>
>> The Timer event of a form, for example?
>>
>> -- 
>> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
>> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
>> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
>>
>> "Abay" <abcd@aol.com> wrote in message
>> news:OJjvSsNzHHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>>
>>> I have two different Access 2003 databases, one has a problem with 
>>> showing options when the right mouse button is clicked on a table, query 
>>> or anything,  the other one does not.
>>>
>>> This started happening out of the blue ... I checked tools, options 
>>> thinking I had inadvertly set some sort of option, but there is nothing 
>>> that I can see that would affect the mouse in one data base and not the 
>>> other .. very strange.  It is the same on my computer at home and at the 
>>> office ...
>>>
>>> Any help on this would be much appreciated.
>>>
>>> Abay
>>
>
> 

0
Allen
7/23/2007 5:04:26 AM
thanks again for your help .. will give it a try ..

Abay

"Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message 
news:eMa9ybOzHHA.3448@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> To learn about the timer event that can interfere with all sorts of 
> things:
>
> 1. Open a form in design view.
> 2. Open the Properties box (View menu.)
> 3. Looking at the properties of the form (not of a text box), there's an 
> On Timer property that specifies a macro or [Event Procedure] that should 
> run each time the form's timer fires, and a Timer Interval property that 
> specifies how frequently (in milliseconds.)
>
> If that doesn't apply to your situation, what setting do you have under:
>    Tools | Startup | Allow Default Shortcut Menus
>
> If that doesn't help either, you may need to decompile, compact, and get 
> Access to create a new database. Post back if you would like details for 
> this.
>
> -- 
> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
>
> "Abay" <abcd@aol.com> wrote in message
> news:Oubz0AOzHHA.4276@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Many thanks for your reply Allen .. I can't see that anything else is 
>> running, but have to confess that I do not know what "The timer even of a 
>> form" is .. please excuse my ignorance
>>
>> Abay
>> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message 
>> news:OOhf94NzHHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> Is there anything else running that could interfere?
>>>
>>> The Timer event of a form, for example?
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
>>> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
>>> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
>>>
>>> "Abay" <abcd@aol.com> wrote in message
>>> news:OJjvSsNzHHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>>>
>>>> I have two different Access 2003 databases, one has a problem with 
>>>> showing options when the right mouse button is clicked on a table, 
>>>> query or anything,  the other one does not.
>>>>
>>>> This started happening out of the blue ... I checked tools, options 
>>>> thinking I had inadvertly set some sort of option, but there is nothing 
>>>> that I can see that would affect the mouse in one data base and not the 
>>>> other .. very strange.  It is the same on my computer at home and at 
>>>> the office ...
>>>>
>>>> Any help on this would be much appreciated.
>>>>
>>>> Abay
>>>
>>
>>
> 


0
Abay
7/23/2007 6:37:23 AM
Nothing is set re: the Timer property.  Tool,start-up,allow default full 
menus is set .. changed it to "allow default short menus" to no effect, my 
preference is full menus.  Have compacted the dbase, but not sure what you 
meant to get Access to create a new dbase .. do you mean to create an empty 
one and then import the tables from the problem dbase?

Thanks again for your help

Abay



"Abay" <abcd@aol.com> wrote in message 
news:OI3bKOPzHHA.3564@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> thanks again for your help .. will give it a try ..
>
> Abay
>
> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message 
> news:eMa9ybOzHHA.3448@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> To learn about the timer event that can interfere with all sorts of 
>> things:
>>
>> 1. Open a form in design view.
>> 2. Open the Properties box (View menu.)
>> 3. Looking at the properties of the form (not of a text box), there's an 
>> On Timer property that specifies a macro or [Event Procedure] that should 
>> run each time the form's timer fires, and a Timer Interval property that 
>> specifies how frequently (in milliseconds.)
>>
>> If that doesn't apply to your situation, what setting do you have under:
>>    Tools | Startup | Allow Default Shortcut Menus
>>
>> If that doesn't help either, you may need to decompile, compact, and get 
>> Access to create a new database. Post back if you would like details for 
>> this.
>>
>> -- 
>> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
>> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
>> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
>>
>> "Abay" <abcd@aol.com> wrote in message
>> news:Oubz0AOzHHA.4276@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> Many thanks for your reply Allen .. I can't see that anything else is 
>>> running, but have to confess that I do not know what "The timer even of 
>>> a form" is .. please excuse my ignorance
>>>
>>> Abay
>>> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message 
>>> news:OOhf94NzHHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>> Is there anything else running that could interfere?
>>>>
>>>> The Timer event of a form, for example?
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
>>>> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
>>>> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
>>>>
>>>> "Abay" <abcd@aol.com> wrote in message
>>>> news:OJjvSsNzHHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>>>>
>>>>> I have two different Access 2003 databases, one has a problem with 
>>>>> showing options when the right mouse button is clicked on a table, 
>>>>> query or anything,  the other one does not.
>>>>>
>>>>> This started happening out of the blue ... I checked tools, options 
>>>>> thinking I had inadvertly set some sort of option, but there is 
>>>>> nothing that I can see that would affect the mouse in one data base 
>>>>> and not the other .. very strange.  It is the same on my computer at 
>>>>> home and at the office ...
>>>>>
>>>>> Any help on this would be much appreciated.
>>>>>
>>>>> Abay
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>
> 


0
Abay
7/24/2007 2:34:53 AM
Yes. Decompile first, and then get Access to recreate everything for you.

Here's the standard sequence. Follow in order:

1. Uncheck the boxes under:
    Tools | Options | General | Name AutoCorrect
Explanation of why:
    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-03.html

2. Compact the database to get rid of this junk:
    Tools | Database Utilities | Compact/Repair

3. Close Access. Make a backup copy of the file. Decompile the database by 
entering something like this at the command prompt while Access is not 
running. It is all one line, and include the quotes:
    "c:\Program Files\Microsoft office\office\msaccess.exe" /decompile
        "c:\MyPath\MyDatabase.mdb"

4. Open Access (holding down the Shift key if you have any startup code), 
and compact again.

5. Create a new (blank) database.
First thing, make sure Name AutoCorrect is off (as 1 above.)

6. Import everything from the old database:
    File | Get External

7. Open a code window.
Choose References from the Tools menu.
Uncheck any references you do not need.
For a list of the ones you typically need in your version of Access, see:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-38.html

8. Still in the code window, choose Compile from the Debug menu.
Fix any errors, and repeat until it compiles okay.

At this point, you should have a database where the name-autocorrect errors 
are gone, the indexes are repaired, inconsistencies between the text- and 
compiled-versions of the code are fixed, reference ambiguities are resolved, 
and the code syntax is compilable.

If it is still a problem, the next step would be to make a new copy, and 
import only half the stuff. By handling half, then half of that half, you 
can whittle it down until you pin down the culprit.

-- 
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.

"Abay" <abcd@aol.com> wrote in message
news:eYFRTrZzHHA.5476@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Nothing is set re: the Timer property.  Tool,start-up,allow default full 
> menus is set .. changed it to "allow default short menus" to no effect, my 
> preference is full menus.  Have compacted the dbase, but not sure what you 
> meant to get Access to create a new dbase .. do you mean to create an 
> empty one and then import the tables from the problem dbase?
>
> Thanks again for your help
>
> Abay
>
> "Abay" <abcd@aol.com> wrote in message 
> news:OI3bKOPzHHA.3564@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> thanks again for your help .. will give it a try ..
>>
>> Abay
>>
>> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message 
>> news:eMa9ybOzHHA.3448@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>> To learn about the timer event that can interfere with all sorts of 
>>> things:
>>>
>>> 1. Open a form in design view.
>>> 2. Open the Properties box (View menu.)
>>> 3. Looking at the properties of the form (not of a text box), there's an 
>>> On Timer property that specifies a macro or [Event Procedure] that 
>>> should run each time the form's timer fires, and a Timer Interval 
>>> property that specifies how frequently (in milliseconds.)
>>>
>>> If that doesn't apply to your situation, what setting do you have under:
>>>    Tools | Startup | Allow Default Shortcut Menus
>>>
>>> If that doesn't help either, you may need to decompile, compact, and get 
>>> Access to create a new database. Post back if you would like details for 
>>> this.
>>>
>>> "Abay" <abcd@aol.com> wrote in message
>>> news:Oubz0AOzHHA.4276@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>> Many thanks for your reply Allen .. I can't see that anything else is 
>>>> running, but have to confess that I do not know what "The timer even of 
>>>> a form" is .. please excuse my ignorance
>>>>
>>>> Abay
>>>> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message 
>>>> news:OOhf94NzHHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>>> Is there anything else running that could interfere?
>>>>>
>>>>> The Timer event of a form, for example?
>>>>>
>>>>> "Abay" <abcd@aol.com> wrote in message
>>>>> news:OJjvSsNzHHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I have two different Access 2003 databases, one has a problem with 
>>>>>> showing options when the right mouse button is clicked on a table, 
>>>>>> query or anything,  the other one does not.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> This started happening out of the blue ... I checked tools, options 
>>>>>> thinking I had inadvertly set some sort of option, but there is 
>>>>>> nothing that I can see that would affect the mouse in one data base 
>>>>>> and not the other .. very strange.  It is the same on my computer at 
>>>>>> home and at the office ... 

0
Allen
7/24/2007 2:45:56 AM
Many thanks again Allen .. this looks like quite a job, so will do it when I 
have the time to concentrate on it, tomorrow evening .. will get back then

Abay

"Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message 
news:%23EvXEzZzHHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Yes. Decompile first, and then get Access to recreate everything for you.
>
> Here's the standard sequence. Follow in order:
>
> 1. Uncheck the boxes under:
>    Tools | Options | General | Name AutoCorrect
> Explanation of why:
>    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-03.html
>
> 2. Compact the database to get rid of this junk:
>    Tools | Database Utilities | Compact/Repair
>
> 3. Close Access. Make a backup copy of the file. Decompile the database by 
> entering something like this at the command prompt while Access is not 
> running. It is all one line, and include the quotes:
>    "c:\Program Files\Microsoft office\office\msaccess.exe" /decompile
>        "c:\MyPath\MyDatabase.mdb"
>
> 4. Open Access (holding down the Shift key if you have any startup code), 
> and compact again.
>
> 5. Create a new (blank) database.
> First thing, make sure Name AutoCorrect is off (as 1 above.)
>
> 6. Import everything from the old database:
>    File | Get External
>
> 7. Open a code window.
> Choose References from the Tools menu.
> Uncheck any references you do not need.
> For a list of the ones you typically need in your version of Access, see:
>    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-38.html
>
> 8. Still in the code window, choose Compile from the Debug menu.
> Fix any errors, and repeat until it compiles okay.
>
> At this point, you should have a database where the name-autocorrect 
> errors are gone, the indexes are repaired, inconsistencies between the 
> text- and compiled-versions of the code are fixed, reference ambiguities 
> are resolved, and the code syntax is compilable.
>
> If it is still a problem, the next step would be to make a new copy, and 
> import only half the stuff. By handling half, then half of that half, you 
> can whittle it down until you pin down the culprit.
>
> -- 
> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
>
> "Abay" <abcd@aol.com> wrote in message
> news:eYFRTrZzHHA.5476@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> Nothing is set re: the Timer property.  Tool,start-up,allow default full 
>> menus is set .. changed it to "allow default short menus" to no effect, 
>> my preference is full menus.  Have compacted the dbase, but not sure what 
>> you meant to get Access to create a new dbase .. do you mean to create an 
>> empty one and then import the tables from the problem dbase?
>>
>> Thanks again for your help
>>
>> Abay
>>
>> "Abay" <abcd@aol.com> wrote in message 
>> news:OI3bKOPzHHA.3564@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> thanks again for your help .. will give it a try ..
>>>
>>> Abay
>>>
>>> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message 
>>> news:eMa9ybOzHHA.3448@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>>> To learn about the timer event that can interfere with all sorts of 
>>>> things:
>>>>
>>>> 1. Open a form in design view.
>>>> 2. Open the Properties box (View menu.)
>>>> 3. Looking at the properties of the form (not of a text box), there's 
>>>> an On Timer property that specifies a macro or [Event Procedure] that 
>>>> should run each time the form's timer fires, and a Timer Interval 
>>>> property that specifies how frequently (in milliseconds.)
>>>>
>>>> If that doesn't apply to your situation, what setting do you have 
>>>> under:
>>>>    Tools | Startup | Allow Default Shortcut Menus
>>>>
>>>> If that doesn't help either, you may need to decompile, compact, and 
>>>> get Access to create a new database. Post back if you would like 
>>>> details for this.
>>>>
>>>> "Abay" <abcd@aol.com> wrote in message
>>>> news:Oubz0AOzHHA.4276@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>>> Many thanks for your reply Allen .. I can't see that anything else is 
>>>>> running, but have to confess that I do not know what "The timer even 
>>>>> of a form" is .. please excuse my ignorance
>>>>>
>>>>> Abay
>>>>> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message 
>>>>> news:OOhf94NzHHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>>>> Is there anything else running that could interfere?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> The Timer event of a form, for example?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> "Abay" <abcd@aol.com> wrote in message
>>>>>> news:OJjvSsNzHHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I have two different Access 2003 databases, one has a problem with 
>>>>>>> showing options when the right mouse button is clicked on a table, 
>>>>>>> query or anything,  the other one does not.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> This started happening out of the blue ... I checked tools, options 
>>>>>>> thinking I had inadvertly set some sort of option, but there is 
>>>>>>> nothing that I can see that would affect the mouse in one data base 
>>>>>>> and not the other .. very strange.  It is the same on my computer at 
>>>>>>> home and at the office ...
> 


0
Abay
7/24/2007 4:02:25 AM
Hello Allen,

Apologies for not getting back sooner .. I have not been able get back to my 
access problem before now .. I found I had to create a new d'base and import 
bit by bit (as you suggested) from the old one.  I did not need all that was 
there, and so do not know exactly what caused the problem as I only imported 
what I needed and now I can use right mouse button to cut and paste etc. to 
my heart's content so to speak.

Many thanks for your help, it is so much appreciated.

Abay

"Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message 
news:%23EvXEzZzHHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Yes. Decompile first, and then get Access to recreate everything for you.
>
> Here's the standard sequence. Follow in order:
>
> 1. Uncheck the boxes under:
>    Tools | Options | General | Name AutoCorrect
> Explanation of why:
>    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-03.html
>
> 2. Compact the database to get rid of this junk:
>    Tools | Database Utilities | Compact/Repair
>
> 3. Close Access. Make a backup copy of the file. Decompile the database by 
> entering something like this at the command prompt while Access is not 
> running. It is all one line, and include the quotes:
>    "c:\Program Files\Microsoft office\office\msaccess.exe" /decompile
>        "c:\MyPath\MyDatabase.mdb"
>
> 4. Open Access (holding down the Shift key if you have any startup code), 
> and compact again.
>
> 5. Create a new (blank) database.
> First thing, make sure Name AutoCorrect is off (as 1 above.)
>
> 6. Import everything from the old database:
>    File | Get External
>
> 7. Open a code window.
> Choose References from the Tools menu.
> Uncheck any references you do not need.
> For a list of the ones you typically need in your version of Access, see:
>    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-38.html
>
> 8. Still in the code window, choose Compile from the Debug menu.
> Fix any errors, and repeat until it compiles okay.
>
> At this point, you should have a database where the name-autocorrect 
> errors are gone, the indexes are repaired, inconsistencies between the 
> text- and compiled-versions of the code are fixed, reference ambiguities 
> are resolved, and the code syntax is compilable.
>
> If it is still a problem, the next step would be to make a new copy, and 
> import only half the stuff. By handling half, then half of that half, you 
> can whittle it down until you pin down the culprit.
>
> -- 
> Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
> Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
> Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.
>
> "Abay" <abcd@aol.com> wrote in message
> news:eYFRTrZzHHA.5476@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> Nothing is set re: the Timer property.  Tool,start-up,allow default full 
>> menus is set .. changed it to "allow default short menus" to no effect, 
>> my preference is full menus.  Have compacted the dbase, but not sure what 
>> you meant to get Access to create a new dbase .. do you mean to create an 
>> empty one and then import the tables from the problem dbase?
>>
>> Thanks again for your help
>>
>> Abay
>>
>> "Abay" <abcd@aol.com> wrote in message 
>> news:OI3bKOPzHHA.3564@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> thanks again for your help .. will give it a try ..
>>>
>>> Abay
>>>
>>> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message 
>>> news:eMa9ybOzHHA.3448@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>>> To learn about the timer event that can interfere with all sorts of 
>>>> things:
>>>>
>>>> 1. Open a form in design view.
>>>> 2. Open the Properties box (View menu.)
>>>> 3. Looking at the properties of the form (not of a text box), there's 
>>>> an On Timer property that specifies a macro or [Event Procedure] that 
>>>> should run each time the form's timer fires, and a Timer Interval 
>>>> property that specifies how frequently (in milliseconds.)
>>>>
>>>> If that doesn't apply to your situation, what setting do you have 
>>>> under:
>>>>    Tools | Startup | Allow Default Shortcut Menus
>>>>
>>>> If that doesn't help either, you may need to decompile, compact, and 
>>>> get Access to create a new database. Post back if you would like 
>>>> details for this.
>>>>
>>>> "Abay" <abcd@aol.com> wrote in message
>>>> news:Oubz0AOzHHA.4276@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>>> Many thanks for your reply Allen .. I can't see that anything else is 
>>>>> running, but have to confess that I do not know what "The timer even 
>>>>> of a form" is .. please excuse my ignorance
>>>>>
>>>>> Abay
>>>>> "Allen Browne" <AllenBrowne@SeeSig.Invalid> wrote in message 
>>>>> news:OOhf94NzHHA.3940@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>>>> Is there anything else running that could interfere?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> The Timer event of a form, for example?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> "Abay" <abcd@aol.com> wrote in message
>>>>>> news:OJjvSsNzHHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> I have two different Access 2003 databases, one has a problem with 
>>>>>>> showing options when the right mouse button is clicked on a table, 
>>>>>>> query or anything,  the other one does not.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> This started happening out of the blue ... I checked tools, options 
>>>>>>> thinking I had inadvertly set some sort of option, but there is 
>>>>>>> nothing that I can see that would affect the mouse in one data base 
>>>>>>> and not the other .. very strange.  It is the same on my computer at 
>>>>>>> home and at the office ...
> 


0
Abay
8/11/2007 10:02:00 PM
Good news! Thanks for sharing the outcome.

-- 
Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP.  Perth, Western Australia
Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html
Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org.

"Abay" <abcd@aol.com> wrote in message
news:uluiNLG3HHA.5880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Hello Allen,
>
> Apologies for not getting back sooner .. I have not been able get back to 
> my access problem before now .. I found I had to create a new d'base and 
> import bit by bit (as you suggested) from the old one.  I did not need all 
> that was there, and so do not know exactly what caused the problem as I 
> only imported what I needed and now I can use right mouse button to cut 
> and paste etc. to my heart's content so to speak.
>
> Many thanks for your help, it is so much appreciated.
>
> Abay 

0
Allen
8/12/2007 5:04:47 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Multiple MS Access table sources for pivot table
Hi I would like my pivot table to draw data from several tables in an Access database. Although I have gone through the query wizard and added the fields from all the database tables, I still find that when Excel reads the data into the pivot table it stops after the first table and I only get part of the source data I am looking for. What am I missing in order to consolidate the data from several tables? with thanks. I don't think it is possible, you can use multiple excel sheets/tables (although a lot of the functionality gets lost) but not multiple access tables. -- Regards,...

Meeting requests problems
I have this problem that I have not been able to resolve. Currently we are running Exchange 2003 server SP2 with all the updates. When an Outlook 2007 user send an meeting invitation to more than 20 recipients, I get the following NDR and eventually all messages time out. Sending the meeting invitation through Outlook Web Access is always successful. Reporting-MTA: dns;Emailserver.domain.com Final-Recipient: rfc822;BillyBob@company.com Action: delayed Status: 4.4.7 Will-Retry-Until: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 15:08:28 -0500 X-Display-Name: BillyBob@company.com Microsoft KB 938650 ...

Recover from Outlook Beta 2003
I removed the Beta version of outlook 2003. Before I removed it I exported up my mail to a .pst file. When I installed Outlook XP and went to open it, it said it was incompatible..Now I lost all my mail ?? Reinstall the beta, opt to create a new 97-2002 compatible .pst file. Drag and drop items from the new to the old. Then uninstall and you should be able to use the .pst file. BTW, just curious... when you opted to change to the new Unicode format, did you read the warning? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having search...

Money 2003 #38
I'm trying to input data into Money and it's telling me my subscription ran out. What's this all about? ...

Converting Lotus Approach to Access
I have a Lotus Approach db from a client and need to pump it into Access. Anyone know how to do that? I should add that the file is named {Myfile}.APR So there are no .dbf's supplied unless they are "inside" the .APR file. "Sydney Lotterby" <sydney@infosearch.com> wrote in message news:uovep0cmEHA.1152@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I have a Lotus Approach db from a client and need to pump it into Access. > Anyone know how to do that? > > >-----Original Message----- >I have a Lotus Approach db from a client and need to pump it into Access. &g...

Outlook 2003 newsreader #5
Hi, To use the newsreader for the first time, you must add the "NEWS" command to the "GO" menu. My problem is that the "NEWS" button is no longer in the "COMMANDS" list. Thus, there's now no way to get the newsreader into the "GO" menu. Here's how I messed up: I put the "NEWS" button on the toolbar instead of putting it into the "GO" menu. When I hit the "NEWS" button on the toolbar it was opening a folder. So, I deleted the "NEWS" button from the toolbar, figuring I could go back and do...

Installation problems #3
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am only at the product key part of the installation and it will not let me continue > I am only at the product key part of the installation and it will not let me continue Please disregard this message--problem solved ...

Passport signin for Money 2003 suddenly not working
This is not a new installation and it just suddenly quit working. I get a message saying "Money cannot connect to the Passport servers", but funny thing is everything else that uses Passport works including Hotmail etc. Everything else that uses my Internet connection is working normally. I did notice that when I first tried to sign in today that it took a long time before it came back, but then after that, I get the error message above every time. -- Mike Windows XP Pro I am having the same issue with the same software and OS. Has anyone found a fix? -- "MrMikeH&quo...

Resizing Access help
I resized (and shrunk) the left pane of Microsoft Access Help and can't bring the left pane back to a readable size. When I mouse over the bar separating the left pane from the right, it turns to a double arrow, but clicking and dragging right does not change the size of the pane. Closing and re-opening does not change the size of the window back to normal. Please help me out of this. On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:45:00 -0800, accesskastle wrote: > I resized (and shrunk) the left pane of Microsoft Access Help and can't bring > the left pane back to a readable size. When I mo...

Re: Problem saving embedded .gif or.jpg (.bmp only option)
Does anyone know how to create the macro as described below? Yes - I want the code to work when displaying the message in the preview pane Your help would sure be appreciated. Thnak you. "neo [mvp outlook]" <neoheart@remove-heart.mvps.org> wrote in message news:Oj6yQiJ8DHA.1428@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Did you open the message before running the macro? (If you want the code to > work when displaying the message in the preview pane, then I need to change > the example.) > > -- > Neo [MVP Outlook] > Due to recent events in spam and malicious progra...

Windows Mail Problem 05-10-10
I have a couple of business email accounts that I have been using through windows mail to condense those accounts into one place. I have had no problems and have not changed anything. When I hit send/receive, I get an error message on one of the accounts. I have tried doing what the help tab suggested but no change. Any help you can offer? Pasting the error message below: Account: 'pop.whatleydarty.com', Server: 'pop.whatleydarty.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR syntax error', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error...

Buttons #2
Hi.. How can change the buttons on the main fram i mean (close, max., min.) how can i change the color of them and the aspect thanks for help Implement your own OnNcPaint. Then you can do anything you want. joe On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 10:19:00 -0800, mido1971 <mido1971@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi.. >How can change the buttons on the main fram i mean (close, max., min.) how >can i change the color of them and the aspect > >thanks for help Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mv...

Restore mailboxes to another Exchange 2003 server
I have a single domain with two sites, one for the main office and one for the remote office. Each site has domain controllers, Global Catalog, and DNS servers. I put one Exchange server in each site. The users in each office only use the Exchange server on site. If in a case our main office is totally gone, is there a way I can restore the mailboxes for the main office users from the backup tapes to the Exchange server in the remote office? Any suggestions are highly appreciated. -- Yi On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 08:38:09 -0800, "Yi" <Yi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

formating problem
Hi, I am using Excel 2000 my problem is cell formating, I am typing number in a cell say 5 at it appears as 0.05 I have tried going an formating the cell as number it does not change, I tried formatting a general it did not change. I also tried going into options in tool but I don't know what has changed so I can correct it. Any idea? Thanks Sazi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Tools/Options/Edit Take the check mark out of Fixed Decimal -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Cutter wrote: > *Hi > > Tools/Options/Edit Take the check mark...

Manually Specify a DC in Exchange 2003 under Directory Access tab
Hi Everyone, I will need to take one of our DC's offline (to be rebuilt) and since that is the only DC at the site, I will need to point the local exchange server at that site to another DC at a different site. I am able to manually specify the GC server in the Directory Access tab, but cannot manually specify a DC in any of the other two options ie (Configuration Domain Controller & Domain Controller) from the Show drop down menu. The error message that I am met with is 'Object not found, an object named "mydcname" cannot be found'. This seems to be quite str...

Cannot activate 'Delete' button on toolbar
I cannot delete incoming emails after reading. The delete button does not respond. Right click and select delete from options not responding either. Only method at present is to create a dummy file and then delete whole folder. Can someone tell how to reverse whatever I did ? -- Novice Where are the items located when you're trying to delete them? In the Inbox or a virtual folder (like Unread Messages). Not that it should matter... What version of Outlook are you using? Also, is this something new or did it happen possibly after you installed something? "Johnal" <John...

Public Folders access problem (S2003)
We have Small Business Server 2003 and recently installed Exchange Server 2003. All went well, including the setup of a public folder called "Usercalendar", and the setup of several domain user's permission to use a group calendar within the folder. However, about 3 weeks have passed and we tried to go in and add some more user's to the list of those permitted into the group calendar. But now we cannot access our public folders at all. We have tried 3 different methods - Outlook (ie: MAPI access), Exchange System Manager, and the MMS snap-in for Exchange Server. Here...

Cannot receive email with Access attachment
Outlook 2002 will not allow me to read attachments that are Access files. Message says: "Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachment: Cherry.mdb" Can I stop Outlook from doing that. Lou Cherry see http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/blockedattachments.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Lou Cherry" <lcherry@optonline.net> wrote in message news:1xwld.374$GV4.740497@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net... >...

Compatibility between MS Office XP and Publisher 2003
I run Windows XP and MS Office XP on my laptop at work. Our helpdesk folks are sometimes less than accurate. They are stating that Publisher 2003 is incompatible with Office XP and I'd have to go with Publisher 2002. Is this an accurate statement? When I look at sys requirements for Publisher 2003, I see nothing about requiring Office 2003 to operate. Any information would be most appreciated. Around here we refer to that department as the Helpless Desk. Yes, they are compatible. As are Office 2000 and Pub 2003. -- JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher "ATheobald" <ano...

Accessing FILE > NEW > ON MY COMPUTER ... [XL2003]
In XL2K, the button that we could put on our toolbar always accessed the templates on the computer, i.e., as in the subject line, FILE > NEW > ON MY COMPUTER. As of 2003, we get an intermediary step where we have to choose from online, on computer, etc. I'll keep that new button but I'd like to have the old style one that directly pulls up the dialogue box that lets me access my saved templates. I can't find this option anywhere in the Commands tab when I go to customize the toolbar so I'm guessing that maybe the only way may be to access the same via a VB command. Do...

Money 2003 Compatible with Windows Vista?
My old computer died so I got a new one running on Vista. I just installed Money 2003 (on original disk), which I had been using on my old computer (XP). It installed fine, but when I try to open my old file (from my old computer, copied onto new computer), it gives me the error message about not being able to open it. I've found the posts about it here and on other forums, and tried Microsoft's suggestion of using the minimal version of Money 2005 and running the file on that to convert it into a 2005 file. Did that (I did that on my laptop). Ran the new 2005 converted fil...

Money 2003: "Get Online Statements" Hangs, have to use Task Manage
As of last night, when using Money 2003: When I try to update statements, etc.. Money hangs forever in this process. If I try to "Cancel" the update, it continues to cancel forever. I have to use "Task Manager" in order to shut down Money. Anyone know what I may need to do to remedy the problem? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, iBanker1824 wrote: >As of last night, when using Money 2003: >When I try to update statements, etc.. Money hangs forever in this process. >If I try to "Cancel" the update, it continues to cancel forever. I have to &g...

More of an Networking Problem
I have two computers that I am trying to network, one when I right click and select security it shows me a dialog box for allow networking, when clicked no problem I can access it. On another computer I try the same thing, and instead of networking it says security, after ticking share it says the folder is being shared, okay so far, but I can not access it from the networked computer??? Any idea's as to what could be going on? -- Thank You Vince :) check that both computers are part of the same workgroup (right click my computer and look through the computer name tab), and als...

Outlook 2003 Mailbox Limit
Hi *, I have a user who is receiving a message stating that there mailbox has reached its limit. However when I look at Mailbox Store properties within exchange manager (Exchange 2003) there are no limits declared. I spoke to someone who believed this may be enforced from the client side (outlook 2003) - has anyone else experienced this? Thanks, Luke On 12 Jul 2005 07:54:25 -0700, lukehinds@gmail.com wrote: >Hi *, > >I have a user who is receiving a message stating that there mailbox has >reached its limit. > >However when I look at Mailbox Store properties within exch...

CRM and AD problem
what is cause of the problem when using Deployment manager we cannot see the list of users from AD? I'm login as Domain Admin and this account is also System Administrator role of MSCRM. Please advise. Hi Benjamin, is it possible this users are members of a different domain? if so, you need to create trust between the two domains. Hope this helps, Chen On May 28, 10:37 am, "Benjamin Fallar III" <fal...@pldtdsl.net> wrote: > what is cause of the problem when using Deployment manager we cannot see the > list of users from AD? > > I'm login as Domain Ad...