Access 2003 Help Needed!

Hello,
I work at a university and we are trying to input all the professor's
research titles into a database for students who want to do a special project
with that professor.  We need to print off these research ideas for various
uses.

Whenever I try to print them off, if there is more words than can fit on a
page, it just cuts them off.  Can I somehow tell the program to text wrap?
Also if the titles are really long, Access won't let me enter over a certain
amount of characters - can I change that as well?

thanks :)
Dana
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 08:30:00 -0800, Dana <Dana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>I work at a university and we are trying to input all the professor's
>research titles into a database for students who want to do a special project
>with that professor.  We need to print off these research ideas for various
>uses.
>
>Whenever I try to print them off, if there is more words than can fit on a
>page, it just cuts them off.  Can I somehow tell the program to text wrap?

Assuming you've built a Report, you can set the Control you're using to display the title to Can Grow = True ... this
should allow the control to grow to fit whatever text you place in there.

>Also if the titles are really long, Access won't let me enter over a certain
>amount of characters - can I change that as well?

The maximum number of Characters for a Text field is 255. If your titles are longer than that, use Memo fields (which
are maxed at around 65k characters if entered through the UI, and 1 gb if entered programatically).

>thanks :)
>Dana

Scott McDaniel
scott@takemeout_infotrakker.com
www.infotrakker.com
0
Scott
1/8/2008 4:47:57 PM
Thanks Scott for the info - no indication on whether or not I can wrap the
text that I have already input into a text field?  Can I wrap the text in the
memo fields?

Dana

"Scott McDaniel" wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 08:30:00 -0800, Dana <Dana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello,
> >I work at a university and we are trying to input all the professor's
> >research titles into a database for students who want to do a special project
> >with that professor.  We need to print off these research ideas for various
> >uses.
> >
> >Whenever I try to print them off, if there is more words than can fit on a
> >page, it just cuts them off.  Can I somehow tell the program to text wrap?
>
> Assuming you've built a Report, you can set the Control you're using to display the title to Can Grow = True ... this
> should allow the control to grow to fit whatever text you place in there.
>

> >Also if the titles are really long, Access won't let me enter over a certain
> >amount of characters - can I change that as well?
>
> The maximum number of Characters for a Text field is 255. If your titles are longer than that, use Memo fields (which
> are maxed at around 65k characters if entered through the UI, and 1 gb if entered programatically).
>

> >thanks :)
> >Dana
>
> Scott McDaniel
> scott@takemeout_infotrakker.com
> www.infotrakker.com

Need some advanced help on this one!
Hi guys, I found a sample Access program that takes data from its database to generate an EDI EDIFACT ORDERS file (OrdersS93a.edi). Here is the code: Private Sub Command0_Click() Dim oEdiDoc As Fredi.ediDocument Dim oSchema As Fredi.ediSchema Dim oInterchange As Fredi.ediInterchange Dim oGroup As Fredi.ediGroup Dim oTransactionset As Fredi.ediTransactionSet Dim oSegment As Fredi.ediDataSegment Dim oConn As ADODB.Connection Dim oRsInterchange As ADODB.Recordset Dim oRsGroup As ADODB.Recordset Dim oRsTransactionSet As ADODB.Reco...

New to excel

Reporting from Project Server

Looking for Excel Help

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

I need a macro

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

Please help #8

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

microsoft.public.access.conversion

SBS 2003 RWW & Windows 7 64 bit

Access to User Calendar

Are Exchange 2003 OWA Backups necessary

Help with importing data

Please Help with Multiple Field Primary Keys
I have two tables in a database that have to use four fields for a unique identifier and primary key. How do I set up a query to set a relationship between those four fields together as one? When I add the tables to the query I see the fields, but I am not having any success properly setting the relationships. The upper half of the query design window is where the 2 tables appear. Drag Field1 from Table1, and drop it into Field1 from Table2. Access displays a join line from one table to the other. Drag Field2 from Table1, and drop it into Field2 from Table2. Repeat for the other 3 f...