Access 2003 - Cannot open database when database is already open

Most of users can open the database fine when it is already open.
There are several people that cannot open the database when it is
already open via windows explorer.  If they open Access and open the
file through Access it works fine. If the file is not already open,
the users have no problems opening the file.
Please help!

Alicia
0
amnguyen327
12/21/2007 3:07:42 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

All users of the database must have at least read, write, create, delete (or
modify) privileges to the folder holding the database file. Not just the
database .mdb file, but the entire folder.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"amnguyen327@gmail.com" wrote:

> Most of users can open the database fine when it is already open.
> There are several people that cannot open the database when it is
> already open via windows explorer.  If they open Access and open the
> file through Access it works fine. If the file is not already open,
> the users have no problems opening the file.
> Please help!
>
> Alicia

Why does [group] appear after the filename in Excel 2003?
I upgraded from Office 2000 to Office 2003 this morning. An Excel document I created yesterday in a shared network location that has never been touched by anyone but me is now opening with [Group] status. I need to activate Autofilter, but it is unavailable (greyed) on the Tools --> Filter menu. I also can't locate a definition for this setting or how to turn it off, nor do I have any idea why it is in this "group" mode. It is definitely not a shared workbook. Please help! You may have more than one sheets selected simoultaneously. Righclick a sheet tab and select ...

Junk Mail and Detect and Repair wont work in Office 2003
I am trying to update the Outlook Junk Mail filters, KB914454 it wont let me in Office 2003 it continually shows the shield icon saying I have an update to complete when I do it fails, tried to repair, that fails too, should I try install even tho my software or CD is Office 2003 and I have SP2 on the computer already or is there a registry fix, do I really need Junk Mail, how can I stop this update from happening, I use AVG and it works fine ...

outlook 2003 #186
What is the name of the file where are my address book and emails stored? It's not the same as prior versions of outlook. Thanks, John G. It is the *.pst file in the local folder under document and settings/user name/local setting/application data/microsoft/outlook.. Thanks for your support. jagaman >-----Original Message----- >What is the name of the file where are my address book >and emails stored? It's not the same as prior versions >of outlook. > >Thanks, > >John G. > > >. > ...

learning access 01-31-08
Inform me a reliable interactive source to learn microsoft access On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 13:58:36 +0530, "Manas Ranjan Nayak" <manasrn@sancharnet.in> wrote: >Inform me a reliable interactive source to learn microsoft access Here's some places to look: Jeff Conrad's resources page: http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/resources.html The Access Web resources page: http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/index.html A free tutorial written by Crystal (MS Access MVP): http://allenbrowne.com/casu-22.html MVP Allen Browne's tutorials: http://allenbrowne.co...

Unable to open Windows XP
When I try to open my Virtual PC Windows XP on my Powerbook G4 it comes up with an error that Windows could not open successfully. I try to open it in safe mode and all of the other options available and it still comes up that I am unable to open Windows. Any ideas how to fix this or what the problem is? You'll probably get faster & more thorough assistance if you post to microsoft.public.mac.virtualpc But they'll need much more specific information about VPC & OS X versions, update levels, etc. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 9/19/07 11:55 PM, in article 11...

New essay: Projects that build under VS.NET 2003/2005
It finally happened. Someone needs a project that builds under VS.NET 2005 (they want the ease of the 64-bit integration) and VS.NET 2003 (for all their old 32-bit developers). I wrangled with the problems for a bit, and came up with a kludge that actually works (clumsy though it is, alas). But to save anyone else the time taken to figure it out, the results of my experiment are documented on http://www.flounder.com/vs2325.htm joe Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP] email: newcomer@flounder.com Web: http://www.flounder.com MVP Tips: http://www.flounder.com/mvp_tips.htm ...

Outlook 2003, Relaying denied error, Windows XP
I seem to have a problem when Outlook 2003 is first opened that it will not allow an email with an attachment to be sent. A 'Relaying denied' error message comes up. If I send an email without attachment this works OK and triggers the Norton anit virus software to check email before sent. After this the problem seems to go away i.e. I can now send attachments. Any ideas on why this error occurrs ? Is there a setup feature I've missed ? Have you set up authentication to your outgoing server ("More Settings..." on your account page, go to the "Outgoing Server&qu...

Plot area of embedded charts unexplainably shrinks in Excel 2003 S
I am working on a large spreadsheet full of numerical data. It contains several dozen bar and line graphs embedded across several worksheets. I have a decent understanding of Excel and Excel graphs but do not use VBA. The problem I have with Excel is that it sometimes – and unpredictably – (vertically) shrinks the plot areas of the embedded graphs. This can happen between opening the document and printing it. Other times, the plot area would shrink if I click on the plot area with my mouse, and then click off on to a cell in the same worksheet. The chart area remains the same siz...

C# Net GridView LinkButton open a new page
Hi, In my C# .Net framework 2.0 web application, I have a GridView which has the LinkButton ItemTemplate. I would like to have the click event for the LinkButton then it will open a new web page( not redirect). I think I'm stucking in the javascript with the asp control, need help! Thanks. Jason ...

Question about moving Outlook 2003 from an old computer to a new one
Microsoft Office Assistance has the following article, which describes the details for moving Outlook 2000 to a new computer: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010549451033.aspx I was wondering what, if anything, has changed for Outlook 2003? I'm asking only becuase I can't find a similar article, and I'm going to need to do this later next week. Thanks! Larry Larry Kahm <lkahm@nospam_heliotropicsystems.com> wrote: > Microsoft Office Assistance has the following article, which > describes the details for moving Outlook 2000 to a new computer: &g...

storing multiple list selections in access
i have 2 tables, table a and table b. is it possibile for a control bound to table a (a list box, with multiple selections eneabled) to be able to select multiple records from table b, and store them? i.e. table A record 1 has table B records 1,2,3,4,8,12, and so on selected while Table A record 2 only has table B records 3, 8 and 15 selected, and so on.. is there some way to store those selections within table A? for those curious, i'm making a character sheet for an RPG.. table A is the actual sheet, while B is the list of spells.. i'm looking for a way to store which spells each ...

Remove Exchange 2003 ADC server from Admin Group
DC's: win2k3 exchange: all 2003 enterprise sp2 1 FE /3 BE -Tried to remove my First exchange server using microsoft's KB822931. -Problem is server still has the ADC server role mapped to it. -Turned it off to test if it's ok but my BE servers servers have started queuing some emails that htey are trying to send to this server. -Emails are from Servername-IS@exchg.mydomain.edu Subject: Hierarchy the other one is the same but subject: Status. -Do i even need to move this role (ADC Server) in light that i dont have any exch 5.5 servers? -can i just uninstall exhc...

problems compiling xsd in .Net 2003
Hi, I have an .xsd document (Inc_B.xsd) that "includes" two more from the same folder: <xs:include schemaLocation="Inc.xsd" /> <xs:include schemaLocation="Inc_A.xsd" /> They all have the same targetNamespace="http://tempuri.org/Inc.xsd" xmlns:ir="http://tempuri.org/Inc.xsd" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" When I try to use xsd utility from .Net command prompt to compile Inc_B.xsd - I receive the following error: Could not find file '\Inc_B folder\Inc.xsd'. I need to assign 'Inc_B.xsd'...

Password on access
Hi!! I'm working on a database that has a few tables that everyone can access. I want to give permision to other people to see them but not to change any of the data. I have tried to make users and administrators but it seems to work in only one computer... Does someone know how to do this? Thank u very much!!! On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 07:34:02 -0700, Yael <Yael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi!! >I'm working on a database that has a few tables that everyone can access. I >want to give permision to other people to see them but not to change any of >the data. &...

Outlook 2003 Hangs on download of email
Upgraded to Office 2003 and since installing, junkmail mail hangs up on the server. I am forced to go to the ISP and delete the mail from that location. I have tried with the junkmail filter both on and off. Sometimes it hangs and just sends multiple copies of other messages that download prior to it getting to the offending junkmail. I had no problem with the Office XP version of Outlook. Comcast offers no assistance; and to top it off, the Microsoft support site does not recognize the product ID from my new office product. Any ideas out there? Thanks, Doug ...

how do i turn on overtype in microsoft access
how do i turn on overtype in microsoft access Press the 'Insert' key once. -- Build a little, test a little. "Mandolin Man" wrote: > how do i turn on overtype in microsoft access Push the Insert Key on your keyboard. If you want to do it in code, the key constant is vbKeyInsert -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://www.mvps.org/access "Mandolin Man" <MandolinMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C1997028-190E-4EB8-BDDD-46C8E586332E@microsoft.com... > how do i turn ...

Automatic CC/BB from the Exchange 2003
How can i add automatic cc/bcc for a particular email ID, from the server end The server being used is Exchage 2003 Thanks in advance RSD On 19 May 2005 20:42:31 -0700, "ray_da" <rayo.dalal@gmail.com> wrote: >How can i add automatic cc/bcc for a particular email ID, from the >server end > >The server being used is Exchage 2003 > > > > >Thanks in advance >RSD This depends on exactly what you want to achieve. You could take a look at this: http://www.ivasoft.biz/sj.shtml but it might not be what you want as the requirement wasn't too cle...

SP3 Problem
Ever since I installed SP3 for Office XP, I have been getting the following error - "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" I get this error only when I use Word as my email editor. Hence what is happening is that Outlook thinks that Word is a rogue program trying to send unauthorized emails. My question is, is there a way to prevent this - a whitelist of programs for example? Ajit Disable the PDFMaker addin. (See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems for details on how to do this.) "Aj...

Exchange Email Router CRM Server 2003 & Exchange 2000
Hi NG, I´ve installed CRM1.2 on Win Server 2003 - everythings OK - afterwards I installed the Email Router and followed the steps in IG. The problem now is that I could send mails but incoming mails are not in support queue or in CRM system anyway (answers to a crm mail guid included!) Is it possible to use Server 2003 and Exchange 2000? Thanks and Regards, Bernd Michitsch Yes, they are supported. Where are you sending those messages from? The router will only capture mail that comes in via the SMTP gateway, so it must come from the outside. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ------...

How to open a msg attachment?
Hi all, Someone sent me a msg attachment and I am trying to open it. When I open it all I get is a blank message. This supposed is to be a distribution list and I am using Office 2003. Any ideas, Thanks. -SA. Ask the sender to resend, this time creating the message in rich-text = format.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "SA&qu...

Outlook 2003 Autocompletion Cache doesn't save...
I've installed and reinstalled the TechNet Outlook 2003 evaluation software - all works great except the autocompletion cache. I know that I have to type and send a message to fill the cache, and the cache works as long as Outlook is running. When I shut down Outlook, the cache goes away. I followed the Article Q287623 which says to locate and rename the .NK2 file (the cache), but there isn't one. Does anyone know what's up? Create a new profile. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "David Stovall" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Four New KBs Issued on Updating Office 2003 SP1 Aug 18, 2004 (from Sloan Crayton?--Thanks)
*Recent KBs that May Help with the Epidemic or Pandemic of Office 2003 Installation Problems* You cannot update your Office 2003 program to Service Pack 1 (August 17, 2004) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;884298 Description of numbering scheme for product code GUIDs in Office 2003 (August 17, 2004) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=832672 Frequently asked questions about the local install source feature in Office 2003(August 17, 2004) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=830168 How to troubleshoot an update installation by using log file...

Excel or Access?
I have server data that is about 200-300 rows/records and includes abou 25 columns/fields. Coworkers have suggested that this data shoul reside in a database, such as Access, and then import/link to it fro Excel for reporting purposes. Does anyone have a recommendation/comment/suggestion on this? I a comfortable using Excel as my "database" for this data that will no grow much larger than it already is, and is easier for me to perfor the reporting in Excel simply on another sheet. Thanks! Ric -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Why fix what's not broken? ...

Outlook accessing Eudora
This has happened before. There are 2 of us, one uses outlook and I use Eudora...again Outlook is doing the default email client thing and accessing my email to his account...GRRRR! Does anyone know how to stop this? There are two sides of the computer using XP Pro...I simply do not understand why they set outlook up like this?! Is it to keep us from using other non Microsoft products???? HELP PLEASE! ...

Can't open some mail after upgrade
Hello.. We upgraded our server to Exchange 2003. After the upgrade our clients using Windows 2000 and Outlook 2000 do not seem to be able to open mail that has been forwarded more than once and contains attachments. I can forward the same piece of mail to someone using an Outlook 2003 client and they can open it, but the client using Outlook 2000 cannot view the mail, preview the mail, forward the mail or even see or save the attacment. The error is: "Can't open this item. Could not complet the operation because the service provider does not support it." Any help...