Access 2003 - 2007

Hi all

I've made a database in Access 2007. (Saved it with compatibility with 2000)
It is the intention to use this database in a Access 2003 envoirment.

In 2007 you got the option to save a Import or Export process. In VBA i
call: DoCmd.RunSavedImportExport "ImportScheuten"

Now I discover that there is no option to save a Import process in 2003. All
the information I can find says this, but is this definitly true or is there
a way to work around this issue?

Kind regards
Erwin

0
Erwin
1/6/2008 6:02:53 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Erwin,

Offhand I don't know the specific answer to your question.  But I would
say that in general it is a good idea to develop in the same version of
Access that it will be deployed.

--
Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP

Erwin Bormans wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I've made a database in Access 2007. (Saved it with compatibility with
> 2000) It is the intention to use this database in a Access 2003 envoirment.
>
> In 2007 you got the option to save a Import or Export process. In VBA i
> call: DoCmd.RunSavedImportExport "ImportScheuten"
>
> Now I discover that there is no option to save a Import process in 2003.
> All the information I can find says this, but is this definitly true or
> is there a way to work around this issue?
>
> Kind regards
> Erwin
0
Steve
1/6/2008 9:04:31 PM
The part about saving the steps for an import is a new feature within Access
2007 and is NOT available in any other versions.  But, you should be able to
just create an import/export specification and even use that within code (or
even doing a manual import/export).

You can find some info on how to do import and export specifications here:
IMPORT SPEC:
http://www.btabdevelopment.com/main/QuickTutorials/HowtocreateanImportSpecification/tabid/98/Default.aspx

EXPORT SPEC:
http://www.btabdevelopment.com/main/LinkClick.aspx?link=64&tabid=55&mid=385

--
Bob Larson
Access World Forums Super Moderator

"Erwin Bormans" wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I've made a database in Access 2007. (Saved it with compatibility with 2000)
> It is the intention to use this database in a Access 2003 envoirment.
>
> In 2007 you got the option to save a Import or Export process. In VBA i
> call: DoCmd.RunSavedImportExport "ImportScheuten"
>
> Now I discover that there is no option to save a Import process in 2003. All
> the information I can find says this, but is this definitly true or is there
> a way to work around this issue?
>
> Kind regards
> Erwin

Outlook 2003 News